Re: Debate Topic

Post by SouthernStar »

Le no offense.
For science!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I don't view as what people believe in are their imaginary friends. There is more to religion than just 'imaginary', and whether it is imaginary or not the fact is not decided by anyone.. well to me anyways. Because to me as I am not religious at least I respect their beliefs and don't question why they would believe in such a thing. What they believe in is something that's been carried on forever, and for that I have respect for.
Anyways, I suggest not to get into religion much.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Alexander wrote:Anyways, I suggest not to get into religion much.
I second that opinion. ;3
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Heheh, found that one on Memebase.
For science!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

It says it at the bottom. "Memebase.com" xD
Artwork: Tumblr
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

animalguy888 wrote:
sparkwolf111 wrote:actually, the sun, acording to scientists only has 5.4 billions years left until it begins to ingulf the planets
yes this is true it will happen over 5 billion years from now. It will become a red giant and engulf at last most of the planets. It will then shrink down to a white dwarf star. which is tiny in comparison to what it is now. there are many types of dwarf stars,all having to do with the death of a star. one type of drarf star is small enough compared to it original state to fit in the grand canyon here on earth. a dwarf possoses very little threat and is not a doomsday senario. The prosses of a high mass star colpsing into a neutron star or black hole does pose a threat if close enough. this threat is imposible to pridict because it would have to come from 6 billion light years at he speed of light.Ill point out that while there is an ending to every story,including the story of life on earth. Its down right imposble to pridict the end of this book. So i think theres no need to worry about the end of te world. It will happen just probbly not now from what i see we are only half way through the book.
haha :D just learned about all this the other day in school. It was all too cool, Very enjoyable to watch.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

sparkwolf111 wrote:actually, the sun, acording to scientists only has 5.4 billions years left until it begins to ingulf the planets
The sun ingulfing the planets? I doupt that.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: 2012

Post by animalguy888 »

Jade wrote:
The sun ingulfing the planets? I doupt that.
acually its true, it will happen in due time. The sun is like an oven baking hydrogen atoms into helium atoms. What happens if fuel runs out and the oven shuts off? it wll go into the red giant fase which is like a back up oven to keep baking for a while.the red giant is red and is a giant. It will grow so large that its beyond earths orbit and earth will be burnt to a crisp. Even if earth survives te red gian fase it is far from over, eventuallly it wll condense into a tightly packed white dwarf star. Which happens when the backup oven expires. It stops fusing the atoms it has left and i we survive the intire soler system will enter a deep freeze. another way stars die is with a gamma-ray burst. which is like hitting the self-destruct button. It the most powerful explosion in the universe. the end of the world through gamma-ray burst is possible it just need to happen under 6 billion light years away. The flash of bright light in the night sky... Thats a gamma-ray burst coming from another galaxy. on averege a gamma-ray burst hapens once every day.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I'd like to add-
Even if something was once accepted as a scientific truth, it can be later disproven and rejected. That's not to say everything is incorrect, but not everything is 100% truth.
Artwork: Tumblr
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

I'm not saying I don't believe in most of the things sciencetist has to say.But,there are somethings they can't prove.Evolution for example; Do you really think a big explosion happened out of nowhere and created life?Sciencetist try real hard to find out how life was created;but,they can't really prove it. And the planets,moon,and sun perfectly in place.The sun is not too close or too far,but just right to sustain life on Earth.But,then everyone has thier own belief.Now,about the sun ingulfing Earth.Sciencetist have no real proof the Earth will be engulfed by the sun.I'm pretty sure it's all guessing.I do believe something will happen; not the end of planet Earth though.Then again everyone has his or her own belief.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Jade wrote:I'm not saying I don't believe in most of the things sciencetist has to say.But,there are somethings they can't prove.Evolution for example; Do you really think a big explosion happened out of nowhere and created life?Sciencetist try real hard to find out how life was created;but,they can't really prove it. And the planets,moon,and sun perfectly in place.The sun is not too close or too far,but just right to sustain life on Earth.But,then everyone has thier own belief.Now,about the sun ingulfing Earth.Sciencetist have no real proof the Earth will be engulfed by the sun.I'm pretty sure it's all guessing.I do believe something will happen; not the end of planet Earth though.Then again everyone has his or her own belief.
Not really they have examples. The sun is not one of a kind. The got billions just like it. Stars have three main classes. Small mass star,mediem mass stars like our sun,and high mass stars. All things have an end even stars. (No offence but have you even studied star. This is simple middle school learned infromation) You can notice at least one dying star per day. The have seen mediem mass stars die with the most powerful telescopes in te world. . the sun also has an end just as other stars do. As does life on earth. the only reason the sun is here now is becuase its fusing hydrogen into helium with nuclear fusion.(edited for spelling erorr it said fission which is te oppisote of what im talking about fusion is combining atoms and fission is ripping them apart.) eventally the fuel is going run out and the sun will die and go from main sequence to red giant to white dwarf. I mean come on you can learn half of this in middle school.

here are some diagrams I found.

future red giant phase...

the white dwarf in the diagram is an actual discovered star. It like other white dwarfs are the remains of a mediem mas star. Our own sun is an exact copy of all mediem mass stars. This will happen to us in soon. THe estimated age of the soler sisyem is 4.5 billion years. the life span of a mediem mass star is 10 billion years. so were about half way to the end of the sun.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

animalguy888 wrote:
Jade wrote:I'm not saying I don't believe in most of the things sciencetist has to say.But,there are somethings they can't prove.Evolution for example; Do you really think a big explosion happened out of nowhere and created life?Sciencetist try real hard to find out how life was created;but,they can't really prove it. And the planets,moon,and sun perfectly in place.The sun is not too close or too far,but just right to sustain life on Earth.But,then everyone has thier own belief.Now,about the sun ingulfing Earth.Sciencetist have no real proof the Earth will be engulfed by the sun.I'm pretty sure it's all guessing.I do believe something will happen; not the end of planet Earth though.Then again everyone has his or her own belief.
Not really they have examples. The sun is not one of a kind. The got billions just like it. Stars have three main classes. Small mass star,mediem mass stars like our sun,and high mass stars. All things have an end even stars. (No offence but have you even studied star. This is simple middle school learned infromation) You can notice at least one dying star per day. The have seen mediem mass stars die with the most powerful telescopes in te world. . the sun also has an end just as other stars do. As does life on earth. the only reason the sun is here now is becuase its fusing hydrogen into helium with nuclear fusion.(edited for spelling erorr it said fission which is te oppisote of what im talking about fusion is combining atoms and fission is ripping them apart.) eventally the fuel is going run out and the sun will die and go from main sequence to red giant to white dwarf. I mean come on you can learn half of this in middle school.

here are some diagrams I found.

future red giant phase...

the white dwarf in the diagram is an actual discovered star. It like other white dwarfs are the remains of a mediem mas star. Our own sun is an exact copy of all mediem mass stars. This will happen to us in soon. THe estimated age of the soler sisyem is 4.5 billion years. the life span of a mediem mass star is 10 billion years. so were about half way to the end of the sun.
Even if the sun doesn't destroy our planet, it will eventually get so hot everything will die out anyway...
For science!
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

I do like learning about science and some of the things they say can be true.I already know about the Gamma Ray Burst thing;and how it happens every day from stars.The reason why I don't believe in the end of Earth is have to do with religon;so i proberly not talk about that on here.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I would definitely keep the subject on religion v science (would this be the proper way to say it?) pretty light. You do not want to end up fighting over what you believe in or understand. It is your choice as to what you believe in, and it is everyone else's choice to believe in what they want. Religious freedom, yes? Let people believe in what they want, that is their business. It's basically like one religion fighting over another because that religion is different. In this case it would be religious people fighting over people that are non-religious. Do you get where I'm going with this? I don't mean to offend anyone, just that it's useless to fight when you know you won't change someone's mind. You can want to change someone's mind, but doesn't mean you should.
Moving on to current subject..
I think it is improper to say that there was an explosion and then came life. I don't think it's really known how life started (let alone when) other than what your religion might say. Well, it's either that or I don't believe in what everyone has to offer so far as to how life was created. As an open thinker I research for facts and how to prove it. Then again I never really looked up how life "began". Maybe I'll start on that later.
I'm afraid I do not believe in the "Big Bang Theory" either. To me it seems too.. I don't know, weird? I can't simply think of the universe starting out like that, so yes, I agree that I do not believe in the Big Bang Theory.

And that's basically what I meant to add in, Quagga, was that this was something that was proposed scientifically, and which was later disproved and people really don't have to worry about it anymore. I forgot to add that in, that was a bad mistake on my part.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Alexander wrote:I would definitely keep the subject on religion v science (would this be the proper way to say it?) pretty light. You do not want to end up fighting over what you believe in or understand. It is your choice as to what you believe in, and it is everyone else's choice to believe in what they want. Religious freedom, yes? Let people believe in what they want, that is their business. It's basically like one religion fighting over another because that religion is different. In this case it would be religious people fighting over people that are non-religious. Do you get where I'm going with this? I don't mean to offend anyone, just that it's useless to fight when you know you won't change someone's mind. You can want to change someone's mind, but doesn't mean you should.
Moving on to current subject..
I think it is improper to say that there was an explosion and then came life. I don't think it's really known how life started (let alone when) other than what your religion might say. Well, it's either that or I don't believe in what everyone has to offer so far as to how life was created. As an open thinker I research for facts and how to prove it. Then again I never really looked up how life "began". Maybe I'll start on that later.
I'm afraid I do not believe in the "Big Bang Theory" either. To me it seems too.. I don't know, weird? I can't simply think of the universe starting out like that, so yes, I agree that I do not believe in the Big Bang Theory.

And that's basically what I meant to add in, Quagga, was that this was something that was proposed scientifically, and which was later disproved and people really don't have to worry about it anymore. I forgot to add that in, that was a bad mistake on my part.

I agree. Truth is Im not all sience. no one is thse days. I have seen documenterys of regios things and such.(not giong to get fully into that on here.) I also think the the big bang is kind of over the top. I half way belive in evelution. Evelution is not the theory that life comes from molucles runing into eachother thats something else a old theory that is starting to fade away. Evelution is the fact that animals change and adapt overtime to better suite there surrondings.