Debate/Discussion Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Debate/Discussion Topic

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:
Grep42 wrote:Then how can you claim eating meat is wrong? I'm probably never going to change your mind about that magical food known as meat, but please understand that meat in it of itself is not evil.
Eating meat in itself is not evil, otherwise I would be saying foxes were evil.

I'm mainly saying that what the do to the animals is wrong, an..Well...Would you eat a dog? That's pretty much the same as eating chicken.
I don't think that is valid. The food chain. Humans eat chickens but mainly the domostic ones that have been carefully bred as a food animal. The chicken and other birds eat worms and other insects. Sharks it seals and seals eat fish. Big fish eat small fish and small fish eat smaller creature and plants. Just as all life on earth has evolved to do. Humans eat other creatures and are sometime eaten themselves. There have been cases (though not a whole lot) of maneating animals such as sharks and lions. Most if not all multicellular oraganisms( life with many cells such as humans and other animals) must feed off another organism to survive. In this way predators,herbivores,and omnivores are kind of the same. As they are all feeding off another organism.

So vegitarian or not eating plants is kind of the same as eating meat. Its all coming from other organisms.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

animalguy888 wrote:
So vegitarian or not eating plants is kind of the same as eating meat. Its all coming from other organisms.
Yes, they're all organisms.

And although it has been proved plants send distress signals, etc, it is not the same as eating animals.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

There are people who love meat that much. And you have nightmares about eating meat? WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO YOU LIVE WITH?! Either you're with some hardcore eating-animals-alive carnivores, or the founders of Peta. No offense, but really? It's a perfectly natural craving, it doesn't hurt your body, and it can come to an advantage. I dare you to try a well-cooked, real piece of meat and say it's evil. Honestly, what are you afraid of, the animal's soul coming back to haunt you? I'm sorry, but, that's just too strange to me.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Grep42 wrote:There are people who love meat that much. And you have nightmares about eating meat? WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO YOU LIVE WITH?! Either you're with some hardcore eating-animals-alive carnivores, or the founders of Peta. No offense, but really? It's a perfectly natural craving, it doesn't hurt your body, and it can come to an advantage. I dare you to try a well-cooked, real piece of meat and say it's evil. Honestly, what are you afraid of, the animal's soul coming back to haunt you? I'm sorry, but, that's just too strange to me.
Alright, no, I am not afraid of the animals soul coming to haunt me.

And anyway, I live with different sort of people all the time. Sometimes I live with my spiritual Mom, and my meat-craving brother.

When not with them, I live entirely with meat-eaters.

And I'll do that dare.

In my nightmares.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Foxesrule wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:

And although it has been proved plants send distress signals, etc, it is not the same as eating animals.
Not the same?! Look at it, you're eating organisms packed into very unhealthy conditions to make a profit. If you dare say plants cannot feel pain or sense their environment, then... I just wouldn't be able to look at you. They may not look like they're alive, like they have feelings, BUT IT'S THE SAME THING!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Grep42 wrote:
Foxesrule wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:

Not the same?! Look at it, you're eating organisms packed into very unhealthy conditions to make a profit. If you dare say plants cannot feel pain or sense their environment, then... I just wouldn't be able to look at you. They may not look like they're alive, like they have feelings, BUT IT'S THE SAME THING!
I know that they have feelings, they are alive.

Why, I'm the only person in my school to think that.

And I mean eating vegetables is not the same. xD
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Foxesrule wrote:
Grep42 wrote:There are people who love meat that much. And you have nightmares about eating meat? WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO YOU LIVE WITH?! Either you're with some hardcore eating-animals-alive carnivores, or the founders of Peta. No offense, but really? It's a perfectly natural craving, it doesn't hurt your body, and it can come to an advantage. I dare you to try a well-cooked, real piece of meat and say it's evil. Honestly, what are you afraid of, the animal's soul coming back to haunt you? I'm sorry, but, that's just too strange to me.

And anyway, I live with different sort of people all the time. Sometimes I live with my spiritual Mom, and my meat-craving brother.

And I'll do that dare.

In my nightmares.
Then what is the matter?! Why are you scared of meat?! I apologize, but what is wrong with you?!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Grep42 wrote:
Foxesrule wrote:

And I'll do that dare.

In my nightmares.
Then what is the matter?! Why are you scared of meat?! I apologize, but what is wrong with you?!
Nothing is the matter.

I am not scared of meat.

Nothing is wrong with me...

But something is wrong with the people who kill the animals we eat.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Grep42 wrote:
Foxesrule wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:

I know that they have feelings, they are alive.

Why, I'm the only person in my school to think that.

And I mean eating vegetables is not the same. xD[/quote]

You mean you won't let yourself think it's the same, because then you wouldn't eat. Listen, whether you like it or not, something has to suffer in order for you to live. That's life.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Grep42 wrote:
You mean you won't let yourself think it's the same, because then you wouldn't eat. Listen, whether you like it or not, something has to suffer in order for you to live. That's life.
I let myself think it's the same.

I'm saying what's coming from my heart, Ok? Anything wrong with that?
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

I agree with that. They are more obsessed with the money than anything, but what else is new? Everything, EVERYTHING is corrupted. Hospitals, schools, the government, it's all run by money. If the money isn't there, they can't allow it.

Take hospitals, they will help someone if they're in dire need, but if the health threat isn't going to kill the person without the money immediately, they're sent away. Yeah, its messed up, heartless, and cruel, but how else will the hospital keep running? Oh, the government could just pay for it all, could they? It's bankrupt, miles in debt. It can't possibly run every hospital in America. What about charity? People already scramble to take care of themselves, there wouldn't be enough doners to run all those hospitals.

The system is messed up, but we can't change that.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

O_O I just realized how cynical I am...
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I do not believe eating meat is wrong. Meat is very important to our bodies, such as protein to help us repair our bodies.

I see nothing wrong with being vegan. If someone does not want to eat meat there is nothing wrong with that. We have a large variety of things our body allows us to eat, so being vegan is optional, along with being a carnivore.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Grep42 wrote:I agree with that. They are more obsessed with the money than anything, but what else is new? Everything, EVERYTHING is corrupted. Hospitals, schools, the government, it's all run by money. If the money isn't there, they can't allow it.

Take hospitals, they will help someone if they're in dire need, but if the health threat isn't going to kill the person without the money immediately, they're sent away. Yeah, its messed up, heartless, and cruel, but how else will the hospital keep running? Oh, the government could just pay for it all, could they? It's bankrupt, miles in debt. It can't possibly run every hospital in America. What about charity? People already scramble to take care of themselves, there wouldn't be enough doners to run all those hospitals.

The system is messed up, but we can't change that.
Yes, true, it is messed up.

But in England, they take care of the person in the hospital for free. No license needed, just need to be injured/ill enough, and then go out when you're well enough.
NatureHeart wrote:I do not believe eating meat is wrong. Meat is very important to our bodies, such as protein to help us repair our bodies.

I see nothing wrong with being vegan. If someone does not want to eat meat there is nothing wrong with that. We have a large variety of things our body allows us to eat, so being vegan is optional, along with being a carnivore.
Again, eating meat in itself is not wrong, but it is not needed. It is not needed, I have had some very bad injuries while being a vegetarian, they healed quicker than when I ate meat, and to people who say it makes you 'stronger'...Just wait until you see how I fight with my brother.

I tried being a vegan for a day. (Believe me, it did NOT work out well. -Had been sick several times in one day.- >:| Stupid disgusting vegan food in the nearby shops.)
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Post by MidnightRose »

I don't think eating meat is bad, I think it's how the animals have to suffer to feed us. I've actually tried becoming a vegan once after seeing a video of what happens to the animals--
It didn't last too long xP I ended up getting super sick and well, even though I know I probably just didn't eat right, I don't want to get that sick again. (Throwing up all night.. Had to take a trip to the hospital cause I ended up being dehydrated)
So I guess I don't mind meat eaters or vegans, it's just as I said before how the animals are treated. Maybe some day it wont be like that anymore.

Now, before I might be yelled at by sort of defending meat eaters.. My grandma has been a vegetarian for more than 40 years, so I do respect vegetarians. In fact, I sometimes even feel proud for them- I can't imagine giving up meat anymore, though somehow they do it.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter