Things that annoy you (AKA: Rant thread)

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Things that annoy you (AKA: Rant thread)

Post by Foxesrule »

1. Never use inappropriate words/language. Remember, kids read this. Keep it PG-13, please -- i.e., don't say anything you wouldn't say to a child under 13.

2. Don't even subtly rant about something that might seriously offend someone. (Calling names is only allowed when you're talking about someone OUT OF WEO. For instance, if you're ranting about your "stupid teacher," that's allowed.
Members should never be name-called, even anonymously. Someone will probably report you if you target a specific user.)

3. Don't gossip about a certain member or a certain group of members. (Names or no names, gossip is gossip.)

4. Please, don't fight on this thread. Be civilized and keep it to PM.

5. Do not post or link to anything graphic/ideologically sensitive. Do not link to or mention anything which isn't appropriate to share on WEO.

6. If you have a problem with a post on this thread, please do not yell at them here -- don't mention it here at all. Just report it to a mod. It's Much easier than creating a massive thread-wide argument about whether the post was fair or not.

8. Do not talk about/post/link to scary memes/pictures/etc.

9. Do not reply to other people's rants. That means do not comment on what other people post. Your post must be a rant. Anything else will be considered spam and deleted.

This thread is for getting it out of your system. Follow the rules at ALL TIMES.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Things that annoy you (AKA: Rant thread)

Post by NatureHeart »

I hate ( :O Hate is such a strong word! I fix it. :3) I HIGHLY DISLIKE how my brothers get it easy all of the time!!
I had to do dance for 3 years after I stopped liking it? (7 years total) Oh well, Nolan stopped liking tae-kwon-do, threw a HUGE fit when my mom said he was going, and he only has to do it for 1 MORE FREAKING MONTH!!! My mom has me signed up for next year and I STILL HATE IT!!!

My youngest brother never does anything. Never cleans the litter box. Never even DRIES the dishes. Never cleans his room (That's his brother's job.) Never feeds the dog. Never fills the water bowl. Never helps with the landscaping we had to do for 3 days straight. Just sits and either watches tv or plays the computer.
How he does it? Puts on his cutest face and goes, "Mommy, you are the best mom in the world!" then gives her this heart-card he made.

Landscaping for 3 days straight. Back-breaking work. Digging. Shoveling. Planting. Actually, the planting wasn't all that bad. But you know what we were digging up? ROCKS. 50 MILLION ROCKS THAT WERE BURIED 3 INCHES DEEP AND UP!! 3 FREAKING DAYS STRAIGHT!!

Sorry for my excessive caps use throughout this post. This topic really helped my stress go down.. Thanks, Fox.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

No problem. ^-^ Also, you can write a letter you can't send if you like. xp

Now it's time for me.. >_>

You...
You...
I want to say things that aren't appropiate for WEO..
I'm so angry at you, no swear word is strong enough for it.

You're the _____, you have control of all of our country.
So why did you let them do the fracking?
Why?
Why?

If you'd seen the video about the lady on a farm who lives next to a fracking site...
Wait, sorry, I forgot.
You don't give a tick about our welfare, do you?

So you wouldn't care when you heard the lady's voice, so stressed and...

*removed because its stressful. D:*

There's some evil people in this world.
And you, you idiot, are one of them.

Also, did you know that this means our water supply is going to be polluted? Did you know fracking causes Earthquakes?

Well, screw you.

(If you didn't know, this is in the UK, not USA..)

I had to replace all the words that were swear words in my head..
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I don't want to get on anyones nerves on this and I don't want to cause trouble but I think that the words "screw you" are pretty harsh and not meant to be said around a family-friendly site. I'm not sure if "frack" is to slightly fabricate another bad word but usually Kenya wouldn't allow that either. I'm sorry. ;;
I'd rather say it upfront than to report. I thought this web site was "PG" where basically any age was allowed. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Ah, let's see what I could rant about.

I'm such a very neutral person. I'm annoyed that people can't come to an agreement because they see their opinions to be fact. I listen to people all the time about their opinions and views on things and everything within that category and whenever I speak something neutralizing to them, they take it and they learn. I guess that's not annoying, I actually enjoy helping people learn the neutral ways to look at things. I guess what is annoying to me is that wherever we learn we've always been taught "this is bad, this is good", and no one ever says "This is what this is. It can be a good thing for this reason and bad for this reason." Everything has a good and bad touch to it. I can't think of it any other way. I don't know where I learned this or how I figured this out or anything but all I know is that I can help people when they're open to my suggestions. I can very easily think in another's shoes (even if they blatantly say "no one will ever be able to understand my situation/feelings", I can easily connect with them and learn more from them, it makes it easier for me to think in their situation and help, I guess that's another annoying thing. Sometimes people do know what you're feeling.)

Sometimes I'm annoyed by people that try to use their diminutive opinions on you by joking 'with you' about something that you may have said. It could be something that you have created and showed or something you just kind of put out there or said and they'll be secretly harsh with you in their jokes and it leaves me paranoid and feeling uncomfortable. Sometimes people are also too joking about something and it could hurt my or someone else's thoughts on what they said or created. They could joke on something being created by saying that it looks like something else and laugh and joke about it and it'll leave the other person sitting there kind of hurt.

I'm annoyed that people automatically assume that someone else is "this or that" just because a friend of theirs said so. I have made a lot of friends by ignoring what friends tell me about others and meeting the person myself and connecting with them.

I'm very annoyed about anything involving politics. I don't care about creationism v. evolutionism. Believe in whatever you want. Test whatever you want. Say whatever you want. Just don't beat it on anyone that disagrees with you. That goes with pretty much anything involving politics.

I'm annoyed by people in general in certain web sites and even games. Some people can be way too pushy and childish on their behaves. Aggressive behaviors are something I will never really understand. A game is a game.

I'm also incredibly annoyed with people that claim that some Youtubers are copying others. Simply by playing the same game, and it doesn't even have to be them playing the game at the same time. Fans of this Youtuber shout out to him/her and tell them to play this game or the Youtuber his or herself will want to play this game, and as soon as they play it, there's gotta be someone to say "you copied ___!" It's annoying and childish. I cannot understand it.

I'm annoyed with people that put their category of music over yours. I don't care what music you may or may not like and what music I may or may not like. We share the same likes, cool, we don't, cool. I could care less.

Sometimes I'm annoyed by ignorance. I understand people are very open to their friends and are antisocial with people they may not know as well but there are some hints, I find, that sometimes people will just find any and every sort of angle to avoid you. I find myself to be respectful and kind as long as I'm given that back. It is a very traditional thing in my family that if you respect me, I respect you. Not only that, but you can only cross the line so many times.

I'm also annoyed by the other type of ignorance. If you're going to be ignorant about something you asked of me, I'd likely immediately ignore you. If you're a close friend, I'll likely try to provide my example of showing neutrality and other than that, step away.

I dislike trying to propose an agreement or settling something with anyone. I dislike getting into fights with anyone or anything. I'm annoyed about very, very many things.

I'm going to leave this disorganized.

I'm kind of sort of annoyed with people that lack confidence. It can be with one thing, some things, or everything, and I'll have a level of annoyance for all of those. I love to help people that need confidence but I'm annoyed more and more when they ignore it and suck out more of my help for them.

That's another thing.
I'm annoyed that for a while when I was about 13, I had online friends that sapped all of my support for their depression and would ask for more and more every day. Eventually I learned to dislike trying to have to help them and learned that some of them were lying and making up stories (things didn't match up) and I left them because of it. I learned from it and I'll never help anyone like that again. Or at least I hope not to. I can no longer stand it. It drove me into depression myself and I had to fix myself because of it. Never again. I'm annoyed forever by these people.

I love to help. I dislike to be sapped of my sanity.

Sometimes I annoy myself. I see myself as a great annoyance sometimes, yes. This is why I poke around the forums sometimes and never exactly try to greet or make friends. Most of the friends I had on this forum have moved on from this web site. I'm pretty much alone here. I'm pretty much paranoid here. I'm annoyed that I'm paranoid here. I've been here for a long time, I shouldn't be annoyed or feel like I'm in trouble all the time. I believe I've pretty much never done wrong, but sometimes I feel like people think I'm a bad, horrible person or something and I'm to blame for it. That feeling annoys me. No one here annoys me, it's me that annoys me. Isn't that strange. My strangeness annoys me. Ah, how could this ever possibly end. I should love being here. It's a gift, I love this place, these forums, I love talking to WEO every now and then and I guess I feel a little lonely, maybe? What's wrong, I don't know, but all I know is that I'm annoyed.. and paranoid. I'm the problem for myself.

I'm going to be forever annoyed that I'll never be able to really talk to someone. That's why I've always been a listener. The only person that I've found to never talk to me to death is my sister, and that's probably because she lives with me and knows what my annoyances are. She talks, I type or write or whatever, same for everyone else, but she's the only one that, sometimes, wants to listen to me instead. I don't care about "talking" most of the time. Sometimes I like to talk though. This has everything to do with real life situations and not the internet. Obviously I'm not muted on the internet, I think.

I know that I'm getting older and, now that I'm a young adult, I've become slightly less fond of some types of younger people. When I mean younger people, I mean mainly kids and pre-teens. I'm quite generally annoyed of kids that lack to follow the rules.

I'm Annoyed About This Type Of Speech Like What Is This How Much Time Could I Have Saved If I Weren't Doing This Right Now.
I'm annoyed about text speech. I do it myself for very little things. I do it to very close friends that know that when I'm doing that, I'm messing around.
I'm annoyed that my grandparents use text speech.
I don't care what anyone thinks about text speech, these are my preferences, kind of like preferences for dating. I like a girl that looks like this or that. I like text speech that looks generally proper and it looks pretty nice.
I'm annoyed that people so very blatantly try to correct someone even if they don't know them. For all you know that person might have a problem on the inside that infects their typing strategies or English or whatever other language might not be their first language. I find it rude and annoying very quick. I like my neat grammar and spelling but I don't force it upon others. I just kind of, I guess... ignore what other people do and move on. It's not my thing but it could be a thing for others. Sure, that's fine, I just don't like it.

I'm getting older, I'm understanding less things in other people's childhoods, and that leaves me in a mix of annoyance and sadness. I wish I could understand.

I don't know how to say this without it being overboard on the family-friendly side of this forum. It's nothing at all to do with here, it was something on another web site. It annoyed me to all the degrees and outreaches of everything. If there's anything I could ever have a true and standing opinion on, it's that you can be who you are. If that makes any sense to those that might know. The situation was around the lines of "if you're not this way or both ways, you're stupid," and it isn't the way you think. Apparently cool is being both or that one side generally most people aren't. The uncool spectrum involves those whom aren't both or on that minority. I'm in that majority and yet I love those people. Suddenly, I'm uncool because I'm not one of those people. Even though I love and respect them. This annoys me and will annoy me forever. Nothing about every which way of that is cool or uncool. It's just you. You're just you, I'm just me.
People and their ideas of relationships either confuse or annoy me.

I'm going to admit something.
I grew up in a Republican home. I'm annoyed. I grew up in Democratic places. I'm even more annoyed. My whole family on one of my parent's side is heavily Republican. I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed that I will think of one thing and then someone in my family or my parents will convince me the other side. Maybe this is why I'm so open to both sides. I hear everything. Some web sites I go to are heavily influenced by one side and my family influences the other. Where I live influences both because it's that one state where it can be either or. I'm so annoyed that I'm neutral. Go figure.

I'm annoyed. I feel like I'm the only person ever that carries a very great amount of patience. If you don't have much patience, that's fine, I don't mind, but I feel like the only person that has a great amount of it sometimes. Beyond most others, sometimes. I very rarely ever complain or 'screech' (in my head) about things because of impatience. I'm having this one thing done on this one web site and I've been waiting almost 4 1/2 months. And guess what? My queue number is still the same number as it was from the beginning and that person has been active for at least 4 months. Inactivity when around for a few days and the person is back now. I'm very, very slightly annoyed that nothing has been done for that much time since I queued up for something and I still have the patience for it to be done. Whatever, I'll still be as happy as I would be if I were given the thing on the first day of me signing it up.

I'm annoyed at the thought of money. I can't stand it. You know what though, people say I'm gonna have to use money whether I like it or not. I don't care about that. I care about the idea of money. Money makes you poor, rich, neutral, middle class, greedy, selfish. Sure money is good, it helps with trade a lot better, but it's also bad because of the labeling and struggling it's giving people and that leaves me very annoyed. I'm going into Biotech. I want to help people. I'm glad there's a supposed cure for Malaria. I want to make it better. I want to create foods that will give them all the nutrients they'll ever need in the smallest amount of pricing I could ever give them. I would like to be a helpful person. That is... my goal.

I'm annoyed when people do their job and then ignore it and become incredibly lazy. Or maybe they use their job to tell themselves that they can break the rules just because they're performing a higher job status. Power hungry or something, I don't know. I don't really understand those people.

I'm annoyed at very many things, but that doesn't mean that all I can do is be annoyed at all of those things. I don't think about them every day, if at all. I just remember, get annoyed, watch a video and immediately forget. It's a "whatever" situation for me.

I'm annoyed about the stereotype that guys shouldn't be able to cry or show much feeling. I think I can show feeling or cry when I want to. I don't care how I'm looked for it. I don't want to be some big dude that's never going to cry in front of your face about something. I don't care. Straight up. I don't care. I will have feeling and I will show them when I so desire. I love my girlfriend, I like turtles and many oceanic animals, I cried because I had to see my dog leave our family for good, I cried because my parents didn't want to get another pet of any size or species, I still cry on the inside that my pet is gone and that I likely will never have another pet until I'm on my own, and you know what, I don't care to admit that.
I really just don't care, and I'm annoyed that people think that I should.

I'm annoyed that I can never seem to satisfy myself with writing. Sure, I have good grammar and spelling, sure, I find mistakes and there's probably millions of mistakes all over this post, but no matter how much I might refine a story or RP post, I either lead myself to try to not care about it or I freak out and quit. Maybe that's a thing I need to feel better for. Sometimes I look at others posts and stories off of many web sites and I feel slightly better about myself for the way that I write. I have the same annoying problem with drawing. I always tell myself that I'll never be a true artist. I draw for fun and sometimes it comes out good and sometimes it just plain ol' doesn't. I can only do simplistic things. I think that's all I'm meant for. I like the simplicity. It's my style. I try to do details and I fail miserably. It's the same with writing. Sometimes I just don't know what I'm writing or what I should write next, or I don't know how to explain something correctly. I don't know if being a mute is the cause of this or not. Maybe, maybe not, but it annoys me. I do have confidence, it's just that sometimes no matter how hard I try or get at it, it fails and so does my satisfaction. It leaves me annoyed. Very much annoyed.

I'm also annoyed by people saying that this or that game is bad or trash or whatever. I really like some games like Super Mario Sunshine for example and some people will either explain their love for it or call it a bunch of trash. I won't call any game trash because I respect the people whom worked to create these games and I won't call a person trash for liking the game either. I don't care if you like this or that game, it's how you treat the game or play the game with other people or friends that matters.

I'm annoyed that people get a dog and then don't know how to take care of one. This can go along any pet. They just want a dog for having a dog to love and care for and then it backfires because they don't understand that they need to be trained and they need to understand. It's very disheartening for me, it makes me really sad. If I weren't so into Biotech or Marinebiology right now, I would probably be working with dogs. That reminds me; I'm annoyed that I'm much more allergic to cats than any other pet. I can't train or help with cats. I can't live with a cat. I can live with a dog, but I'm 4x more allergic to cats. What I'm even more allergic of is dust mites. I'm annoyed about that too. Whenever cleaning goes on I sneeze and sniffle for days. I'm annoyed that most days I can never breathe as well as I should out of my nose. It's always stuffy no matter what.

I'm very much annoyed by people whom never try. They say they try but they don't do anything. Oh I'll stop smoking for you, Alex. But after a week or a month I'm gonna go back to smoking.

I'm also annoyed at this thing we call love. I'm sitting here waiting on the last day for my girlfriend to come home and.. well, I just sit here. I'm waiting for her to come home. I'm looking for things to do and ways to keep myself from having emotions of things like worry and boredom because she's not around. Whenever she's not around I just can't find something to do to help myself and contain myself. I'm just sitting here like a lost puppy, waiting. And when she comes back from whatever she's doing, I'm chasing my tail in joy. I guess that's the beauty in it, or something, but it's annoying in the beginning. I don't ever want to worry or depend on someone. Maybe that's not the right thing to say. I don't want to sit here and not be able to do anything to make sure she's okay and safe. I want to be able to protect, save, love, many things. I can't do many of those things. But all I can say is that I have patience. I have annoyance, and patience.

I'm very happy that I'm more annoyed at situations and what people do than people themselves.

I'm annoyed that this is probably the longest post I've ever made.

I'm annoyed that you need money to get where you want to go in life. I don't want to pay thousands of dollars just to get into Biotech. It's a crazy, hilariously annoying idea to me. It'd be nice if it were earned.. or something. Might be less annoying.

I'm annoyed with paranoia and worry. I never want to think about them or discuss them or anything. I'm annoyed that I have to worry or be paranoid about certain things.

I'm annoyed that whenever people RP as animals, most of them complain and speak bad about humans. I have yet to see a time when someone had an animal they RPed where they said "you know, maybe not all humans are bad" or "humans aren't bad" or "there's bad ones in our species, maybe it's just that there's bad ones in their species too". I have yet to see a neutral side to the occasion.

I'm not looking forward to rereading this post so please excuse anything that might be said wrong or anything along the lines of that. I always read my posts about 5 times before I actually submit it but this time around, I don't want to read this again. I don't mind if anyone replies. I'd probably smile if someone read the whole thing.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Alexander wrote:I don't want to get on anyones nerves on this and I don't want to cause trouble but I think that the words "screw you" are pretty harsh and not meant to be said around a family-friendly site. I'm not sure if "frack" is to slightly fabricate another bad word but usually Kenya wouldn't allow that either. I'm sorry. ;;
I'd rather say it upfront than to report. I thought this web site was "PG" where basically any age was allowed. Sorry if I'm mistaken.
Slang term for hydraulic fracturing. Fracking is the drilling method that uses water, sand and other additives to expand fissures in underground rocks to free oil or natural gas trapped within them. Before the development of fracking, it was not commercially viable to try to mine these resources with existing technology.
(It's also been proven that it causes Earthquakes and can pollute the water supply.)
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I’ve been trying to post in here for 2 days... -.- I hate my internet connection.

Well, first to start off...All I hear EVERYDAY is my sister crying because she can’t get her way, my parents talking, the radio blaring, and the TV AND my dad’s phone on netflix screaming. I can’t handle it anymore. Yes, I’ve tried to go outside, all I do is run around in circles and kick anything I see. I simply cannot control my anger, and I most definitely don’t wanna hurt an animal or a person. Yes, I’ve tried screaming into a pillow, biting it, basically attacking it, in a way, this makes me even more angry. No idea why. Yes, I’ve tried squeezing a stuffed animal or soft ball, but again, just like the pillow, it makes me even more angry. I don’t have any friends [irl] to talk with to help me, plus all I would do is probably hurt their feelings by just yelling... I barely have anyone to talk it out with. So I hold in all this anger, until someone or something just crosses the line and I just want to scream. But I don’t. I have no idea how to let all my emotions out, this is also probably why I don’t have many friends outside of the internet. There is just too much input, and I don’t know how to get it out. After a while of screaming and throwing things I finally just start crying, I don’t know what to do anymore, it just all comes out. Then after like...2 hours, I find myself screaming at everyone and kicking things. How do I fix this? I have no idea.

Second.
I’m ALWAYS worrying. I’m always thinking about the future, and I hate that. I HATE it. I don’t know why I worry about the future, but I can’t think of anything to calm me down when I’m nervous, my brain kind of just makes me focus on the future, and everything... I never spend time enjoying the present, I’m always worrying. That’s in the top 5 things I hate about myself.

That’s pretty much it. :l
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Foxesrule wrote:
Alexander wrote:I don't want to get on anyones nerves on this and I don't want to cause trouble but I think that the words "screw you" are pretty harsh and not meant to be said around a family-friendly site. I'm not sure if "frack" is to slightly fabricate another bad word but usually Kenya wouldn't allow that either. I'm sorry. ;;
Slang term for hydraulic fracturing. Fracking is the drilling method that uses water, sand and other additives to expand fissures in underground rocks to free oil or natural gas trapped within them. Before the development of fracking, it was not commercially viable to try to mine these resources with existing technology.
(It's also been proven that it causes Earthquakes and can pollute the water supply.)
Thanks I understand it a lot better now. (:
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

US Crime is serious these days. It really makes my blood boil. First there's the stupid 19 year old terrorist. Who recently planted bombs in during a Boston marathon that was meant to be an event to remember the historical significance of the city during times such as the revolutionary war. Thousands of people including the runners and the spectators were killed by the two explosions by a couple of bombs planted by a 19 year old and his older brother possible of Russian heritage and respect for Osama bin laden and wanted to follow in his ways. All his relatives and friends had not expected them to be capable of such horror. Boston was on complete and total lock down for two days and nights. During witch the 19 year old and his brother had a two day shoot out with the police the FBI, and even the military with helicopters and every other vehicle you can imagine. The result turned out to be the 19 year old hijacked a car and ended up running over his brother killing him even though his injures before the car were minor. Then he ditched the car and hid and a search began. The FBI were taking calls for sightings. A notice told Boston it was safe to go outdoors on the morning of the second day. A man had noticed something in the boat stored in the backyard. He went to look since it ok to go outdoors when he found the injured suspect hiding in his boat. He went inside and got the phone and reported the sighting. His backyard was the location of the final showdown before the suspect was captured and taken to the hospital for recovery and questioning.

The story of the recent bombing has a happy ending, but the thought of a couple of young people killing thousands instantly and showing no remorse like that makes my blood boil like lava.

Another case is a devil of a man who thank goodness has been sentenced to prison for life plus another thousand years.

He had kidnaped three girls and had hid them away for 11 years. He subjected them to torment (including the kind I can not say on here.) every day for all 11 years. Heres a quote from the victim as stated in an article. "You took away 11 years of my life, but now I got them back! You put my threw heck! and now yours is just beginning!"

In both stories the ending is good. But the crimes committed are unimaginable and evil. Like I said it makes my blood boil so much that I have to rant about it and also ask what is this world coming to that such acts of violence keep arising?

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Yes, crime, and the police as well. I have never heard so many police cars going off! I hear at least 1 at least once a day. This is outrageous! When I was like, 6, I remember having a siren so un-often, I would drag my parents outside to listen to it until it went away! I heard of a potential kidnapping a few minutes down the road of my school. So, my mom gave me this huge lecture. -_- I hate all this crime.

The COPS are a problem(also about people. -_-). I'mma tell you a little story here. Once upon a time, me and my mom were driving home from dance class. My mom saw something shiny in a ditch, so we pulled over. We got out of the car, and saw that the shining object was the roof of a car. We scrambled over to it, to find a teenage girl crying and calling people on her phone. My mom got her out of the car, and asked her if she was all right, and what happened. She gave the whole story about doing a 360 and flying off the road. Then my mom asked if anyone else pulled over to see if she was okay. She said no. So, some cop pulls up after that, and gets out of his car. He goes to my mom and says, "I'll handle this, ma'am." acting like 'the boss.' She obviously thinks he is a snob, but she holds her tongue and walks away, with me following close behind. THEN he goes, "Uh, ma'am," and stops her in her stracks, "She is a little confused, but responds with a "Yes?"
He goes, "Did you see this happen?" she says no and begins to slowly back away, ready to get home after a long day, but he lifts his chin up, eying her, and gives ger a simple okay as in permission to leave.

WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO????
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Well I dislike it when people speak Swenglish (a mix between Swedish and English, for example, the first half of the sentence might be in Swedish and the other half in English). It's okay for people who don't know how to say the specific word or phrase in Swedish, for example war refugees and other travelers from other countries.

But it annoys me A WHOLE LOT when people who I know know very well how to say it, say it English instead! I know saying it in Swedish might sound lame, but it just sounds even lamer when you say it English. The only one who thinks Swenglish is cool is those who speak it. It just sounds ridiculous! Sure, you might think you sound smart by saying the thing in a foreign language, but seriously, if you said it in some tongue no one's ever heard about, then they're just gonna think you're weird. And since most of the people below 30 today know how to speak, listen, read and write in English, then what's the point? If everyone understands it, then you won't sound any more smart than the others. If you said a complicated Swedish word THEN you'd prove yourself to actually have some grey little cells.

It sounds awful when you mix the pronounciations. It's not that the word in Swedish doesn't exist, cause it most of the time does, it's just that you don't either don't have the brains or the time to remember it. It's not that I dislike English. If I did, then I wouldn't be writing stories and posts written in it. It's just that Swenglish... Well... It's just wrong and ugly. Atleast the "don't you see how cool I am?" kind. The type used by people who haven't quite mastered the language is not at all the same. Its sound is true and tells of the truth.´

And then it's when people *cough cough* people with Göteborgs dialekt *cough* say TJEX instead of KEX. I mean like, it's SOOOOOOOOOO annoying. It's called kex. So stop calling it something else. Oh and for those of you that don't know how to use a translation site/program, kex in Swedish means biscuits / crackers.

I'm not annoyed by this, I just find this amusing. I watched one of David Mitchell's videorants about North American versus British English (I spelt it with one T!).
In the video, he mentioned how some people say "hold DOWN the fort" instead of "hold the fort", and "I could care less" instead of "I could care less". I find both of these funny, since they both makes no sense. Why would you hold DOWN a fort, unless it's the fort of Atlantis filled with sea-monsters and the Kraken or a balloon fort filled with Helium? And like he said, you can't care less than zero caring, the only thing you're saying is that you as a matter of fact ARE able to care even less than you care right now = you do care.
ImageImageImageImage
redwing
Bluebird Chick

Post by redwing »

hoopyscoop wrote:I’ve been trying to post in here for 2 days... -.- I hate my internet connection.

Well, first to start off...All I hear EVERYDAY is my sister crying because she can’t get her way, my parents talking, the radio blaring, and the TV AND my dad’s phone on netflix screaming. I can’t handle it anymore. Yes, I’ve tried to go outside, all I do is run around in circles and kick anything I see. I simply cannot control my anger, and I most definitely don’t wanna hurt an animal or a person. Yes, I’ve tried screaming into a pillow, biting it, basically attacking it, in a way, this makes me even more angry. No idea why. Yes, I’ve tried squeezing a stuffed animal or soft ball, but again, just like the pillow, it makes me even more angry. I don’t have any friends [irl] to talk with to help me, plus all I would do is probably hurt their feelings by just yelling... I barely have anyone to talk it out with. So I hold in all this anger, until someone or something just crosses the line and I just want to scream. But I don’t. I have no idea how to let all my emotions out, this is also probably why I don’t have many friends outside of the internet. There is just too much input, and I don’t know how to get it out. After a while of screaming and throwing things I finally just start crying, I don’t know what to do anymore, it just all comes out. Then after like...2 hours, I find myself screaming at everyone and kicking things. How do I fix this? I have no idea.

Second.
I’m ALWAYS worrying. I’m always thinking about the future, and I hate that. I HATE it. I don’t know why I worry about the future, but I can’t think of anything to calm me down when I’m nervous, my brain kind of just makes me focus on the future, and everything... I never spend time enjoying the present, I’m always worrying. That’s in the top 5 things I hate about myself.

Think about kittens. c:
well
here I go.
IHATETHEFACTTHATPEOPLETHINKANIMALSARELIKEHORRIBLEBUTHUMANSARETHEINVASIVEONESIMEANOMGWHYDOPEOPLEHATHEM!THERESTHISDOGINTHENEIGHBORHOODTHATLIKEISDEADNOW,RUMOUREDAFAMILYMEMBERTHREWITOUT. There.. Just try to read it.. xD
ImageImageImageImage
Under-cover name: (You may not know it >:D)
1st name: Mousefeather
2nd: Blackfoot
Find me on WEO!
btw I like the logs. It's a good den for friends c:
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

hoopyscoop wrote:I’ve been trying to post in here for 2 days... -.- I hate my internet connection.

Second.

aww Boo.. You sound a lot like me ;3 Something that helps is to just get out.. Find something you like to do, a sport, or something, just get out. It's amazing how much it helps. Make some friends at school, just someone who's there when you wanna do something, someone you can hangout with at school and feel a part of something. And as for worrying about the future? It sucks. I have that too. An overly guilty conscious too aha Don't know what to do about that one though, I'm still trying to figure it out ;)
Image Image
Image Image