Haven and Hearth

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Haven and Hearth

Post by Quagga »

Myann wrote:Yes, it is fun in my opinion; dying is the worst part, you will lose everything you worked hard for.
Tip: Never ever steal from someone's claim, they or someone else will kill you.
Dying's a big part if you're trying to be a fighter, because you gain a fraction of your ancestor's power. You raise your character up, kill them off - or they die - and you create a new one, but I believe there's a stone in the character creation area that had your old character's name, and you choose to create them off that character. Think you can only have 3 ancestors ON A CHAR at a time, so basically you can get stronger and stronger. The default ancestors have lower stats.

I'm sure people just took their fighters out to fight, and if they die then shrug it off because they'd have another good ancestor, and if they didn't well then they just keep building the character until they did. But killing off a char might only be good if you're in a good group with others, if you're trying to solo-play then it's gonna be difficult for sure. Having others around to help each other and keep a basic quality is pretty good. Otherwise, you're gonna be struggling a lot trying to just get good food and experience right away at such a low stat-point, unless you somehow stockpiled everything away that can last a good few months.

Doesn't mean you HAVE to, I wouldn't want to do that. Just means you won't have THE highest of a certain stat, and even so you might still be able to beat "the best" if you're careful and smart - but that's a big maybe. You can always get lucky and get a (sting?) off on someone moving, completely ignores their defense if you're hit while moving. At least stand still when something's gonna hit you, even if you're running from something like a bear there's a very small chance you can survive if you stand still instead of continual running.

HnH IS a download? It's definitely not browser-based. You just register, download the jar or exe or whatever it was, and run it.
Although I suggest using Ender's modded client. Ctrl N for night vision, and you can see-through objects like trees or walls or buildings (with the option to see their hitbox on the ground), and everything like that. Pretty dandy. Don't recall all the hotkeys or I'd help.
Last edited by Quagga on Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork: Tumblr
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

I've never heard of that method, thanks.

And World seven is coming in around two days

Edit: world seven has come, i made a settlement; if anyone wants to join, i'll pm you the hearth secret

click please :3
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I've registered as Foxesrule. :3
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

Pmed xD

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Hey, I looked it up and thought it was pretty cool, but I can't figure out the game! I'm so confused, so if any of you kind people could help out a newby?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

Look at a guide <:

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Yeah... That would probably help! x3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

You can also maybe join my village.

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Yeah, I am a real newby, so I have no clue how. xP But thanks for the offer. It would probably be MUCH easier for me.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

On my character, I encountered a glitch...Their hunger is stuck at 1% overstuffed so they can only crawl. Help?
NatureHeart wrote:Yeah, I am a real newby, so I have no clue how. xP But thanks for the offer. It would probably be MUCH easier for me.
Which part are you stuck on?

EDIT: Getting knocked out by a boar while I was AFK stopped it... Also while my health is recovering I keep getting knocked out again by Thorns in my feet...They can kill you, so maybe not as much roaming in the forest when my inventory is full of food. Unfortunately I have somehow lost my shoes?
EDIT 2: Made new ones. Also stole from somebody who had made a house, etc and not made a stake claim... Well, I stole the leaches. They couldn't suck any more hp so I'm going to use them for bait.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

I just joined today and would like to join whichever village everyone is in if that's ok, please?
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Foxesrule wrote:On my character, I encountered a glitch...Their hunger is stuck at 1% overstuffed so they can only crawl. Help?
NatureHeart wrote:Yeah, I am a real newby, so I have no clue how. xP But thanks for the offer. It would probably be MUCH easier for me.
Which part are you stuck on?

EDIT: Getting knocked out by a boar while I was AFK stopped it... Also while my health is recovering I keep getting knocked out again by Thorns in my feet...They can kill you, so maybe not as much roaming in the forest when my inventory is full of food. Unfortunately I have somehow lost my shoes?
EDIT 2: Made new ones. Also stole from somebody who had made a house, etc and not made a stake claim... Well, I stole the leaches. They couldn't suck any more hp so I'm going to use them for bait.
Um. When I start. I don't have a clue on what to do. There is really nothing but my fire and a well.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

If you get overstuffed, try digging a bit to get your stamina down. Then drink some water, or sit in a chair - or just wait a little bit, for your stamina to go back up. When your stamina replenishes, it uses up your hunger bar. That's typically how people grind eating food for attributes.

Your basic shoes - clogs, are they called? Those get destroyed after a bit, you're bound to lose them eventually. Leather ones stick with you forever, but yeah, takes a while to get there on your own. If you want permanent shoes but can't get leather, just put a leech on the foot slot. When it's done sucking blood, it'll just sit there for however long you let it, and is considered a shoe so you don't get thorns, even though it's not ACTUALLY one...

I STRONGLY suggest using Ender's Client if you aren't already, it has a dozen little perks to it. Ctrl + N I think is toggle nightvision? So you can see in the dark at night, or the caves, without torches or anything. Ctrl + H should toggle hiding objects - but you first have to specify which ones in the options. And you choose whether you want a radius to see the aggressive critters easier - although the red circle around them isn't their aggro radius, it extends further than that, so be careful. And you can get icons on the map too for curiosities or animals or collectables... And more, plenty more, makes it VERY worthwhile, even if it's a little hard to get used to at first. Most of it you'd have to inspect yourself to figure out how to use those options though, sorry...

... And yeah, avoid AFKing outside. Even if you're behind walls, someone can always come along and shoot you with a bow. AFK in a house.

A friend of mine started playing again. Turns out they had Dis - popular, bad faction of the past worlds - stealing from them from the start. Huh. Well. I think the village my friend's in is The Last Hearth or something like that? I forget, could be wrong... They should DEFINITELY be friendlies if you ever run into them, and very experienced, though, so. Think they've got the best well right now too. Also, avoid the Russian's, they're typically nothing but trouble. :p Stereotypes can suck, but it's the majority in Haven for now...

Also, Flappy/Fluffy (Flap-Mart) I understand to be very trustworthy traders. So, you can always check them out yourself if you want to. One was a friend, but sometimes people just go their separate ways... My case, no bad incidents here. But just throwing that out there if anyone's interested. And they don't know me by "Quagga" so don't mention me, lol
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

Actually leather boots are armour, so they eventually wear down as well as clogs, bunny slippers never wear down, but they don't protect you like leather and clogs do. Leeches, do get skinny after becoming bloated, and will continue sucking your shp out.

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

If you leave a leech on you, equipped, instead of taking it off, I haven't seen it become skinny again. But yeah, I do know if it's unequipped at least, it will eventually get skinny again. I could be wrong, but just what I'm aware of.

And sorry, I understand now - boots have hitpoints. I dunno if leather will break just by wear or not... But getting hit will gradually wear them for sure. Forgot about that little bit, yeah, sorry. Gets to be an issue with learning some things when you start out in a village with high quality things, instead of learning from lower quality too.

Sorry bout that.