Haven and Hearth

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Haven and Hearth

Post by Ragdoll »

Great game.. Some might know it. I know I used to play it with a few of you.. Me and my cousin have a beginning set up. PM or comment if you'd like to join us, and I'll PM you the hearth secret ;3
Image Image
Image Image
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Haven and Hearth

Post by NatureHeart »

Sounds interesting. What is it?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

I remember playing this with you, Ragdoll. I won't have much time for it, but i'd like to join you guys.

click please :3
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

What is it, even?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I also don't have much time for it Myann xD I'll PM you the hearth secret... And for those interested, check the site.. Havenandhearth.com. It looks complicated, but is very fun once you grasp the main concepts ;3
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

It's a shame the developers stopped working on HnH... They're too busy with Salem now. Isn't it relatively dead now, too? So few people play anymore, I thought... But I guess that makes it safer, if the big factions are out for the most part. Good times though. :D
Artwork: Tumblr
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

It's not too safe, someone has been stealing my claimed belongings; they left tracks, but i'm afraid to track them down :<.

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Nah, it's not that dead. Seems theres still quite a bit of activity on the forums, and I've seen quite a few people, along with active homes while wandering around. :3
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Well, guess that's good. Hopefully newbies can join and have just as much fun. Maybe the world will reset someday, but I doubt anytime soon...
Is it still laggy - or is it bearable? :p Are the big factions still around? Winterfell, Ainran, DIS? Anyone new?
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I don't have any problems with lag whatsoever. And I'm not sure about the factions, I don't bother with them. I'm usually on my own.
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Maybe the lag's better now, dunno. It got to be AWFUL though towards the "end" of HnH, when everyone started to leave, at least for me. You could hardly move 3 tiles without starting to lag out, and you'd watch your character running out of the screen because it'd take a few seconds before the server realized you'd gotten to your destination, and you'd sort of... rubberband? back to it. Or it'd take 15 seconds before you'd actually move...

I was so good at evading before the lag... lol A village mate would usually chase me around and KO me, and it was always inevitable that I'd get KO'd - I'd never avoid it - but I usually could evade him long enough to give him a hard time about it. Nearly killed me once though...

(Edit: WOW it really isn't laggy at all anymore! Wow wow wow.)

I was trying to play alone, myself. Didn't wanna join anyone and screw them up, or appear dumb, or end up quitting... But someone found me, told me to come with them or they'd kill me - later told me it was a bluff - and basically "enslaved" me. Although I did consider it might be fun, and figured they had more items and progress than I could ever get, so... I became their farmer, and eventually one of 'em. They were Sparta, but shortly after I came we moved. So I got to watch the rise of Anabru... And I guess ultimately the end, too.

Maze, our village's leader, was supposedly a bit known from earlier worlds, so who knows what friends or enemies he ever made... But he's manipulative, a "harmless" liar if that makes any sense... he'd mess with your head. Or maybe that was just me... Yeahh, screw 'im. lol The most known factions were Dis + Ainran vs Winterfell ("bad" vs "good" but that's highly opinionated, no true sides only public views), and once Dis showed up and placed a ram by our walls - never followed through though. I never left the walls after their first visit... I never died on my main, but I guess I didn't have as much fun as I could have because of it.

We got into Winterfell - and thus, Anabru died, though she's probably still around and rotting... I started learning how to fight a little bit, tried hunting some... But never actually got to kill anyone. Maze quit for a month, returned, left WF and pretended to betray them - not that I knew it was pretend. I can be an idiot sometimes. :p And I eventually kind of DID betray WF... I was getting bored, restless, and... manipulated. Stole a few items from a plot-mate, ran away to start a different village... Nearby Melsonia. I got threatened by the plot-mate, but the idea of being hunted down was actually fun. :p But nothing came of it in the end. Ainran betrayed Dis - as far as I understand, Ainran was getting a little too bloodthirsty - and...

And that's where I left off. Maybe I'll get back on to find a way to kill my main - I never did die once - and my story can end there. So much more happened, but I'll shut up and stop my boring rambling.

Good times though... He didn't play for long, but HnH was SORT OF where I did first meet my boyfriend... Could sound ridiculous considering what sorts of people you can find there, but it's not as bad as it sounds. :p We only started actually talking later on, after quitting HnH, though. So maybe it doesn't count...

OKAY. :x

I really hope you can have as much fun as I did though. Was great at the end of it. :D
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Quick question: Is Haven and Hearth a download?
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I don't think so, Hoopy. ^^ I'll probably sign up. Sounds fun!
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

Yes, it is fun in my opinion; dying is the worst part, you will lose everything you worked hard for.
Tip: Never ever steal from someone's claim, they or someone else will kill you.

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

No download required, I don't think.
Image Image
Image Image