Any tips for dealing with being bullied?

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Any tips for dealing with being bullied?

Post by hoopyscoop »

I've been getting bullied recently on another online game I play called Animal Jam, they've made fun of me because of how my animal looks, and they've called me weak for not 'fighting' back to them, called me a bad friend, done lots of other stuff too... I've tried being kind to them, but they were only mean back to me... I don't know what to do.

I'm not trying to make people feel bad for me, I'm only asking for help, please, I've reported them for being a bully, and my Mom has watched them do that, but I don't know how else to deal with it. I've been crying like crazy, and have been feeling self conscious, and thinking I shouldn't exist... :?

If you can, please help.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
WildLife
Baby Mouse
Location: Wherever mah wolfy takes meh. Maybe to Burger king :D

Re: Any tips for dealing with being bullied?

Post by WildLife »

Well, Hoopy, If they bully you just say "Thank you!" and go into a diffrent server/ world. If they follow, and still bully, report em and if you can, BLOCK EM! Hoopyscoop, If this doesen't work just don't go on animal jam for a while or stay of a certian server, and aventualy you won't run into often, if not at all.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.
I am.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Bullies bully because the love the reaction they get. So just do not give them what there looking for. If he tries to say mean things maybe try acting like he does not exist. Or say to him things like "so whats the big deal aout that?". I was a victim off bullying through elementry, middle school, and the begining of high school. This one spicific bully seamed to follow me threw my years and constantly made fun of me for often crying in the first grade. Just the first grade. Then in 9th grade i was forced to sit next to him in science class. He began the taunting in teasing in the middle of class. I decided that that was enough i got to stand up to him before I move to a different school the next day. I stood up to him saying le go of the past and things like that. I enjoyed the shocked look on his face and he did not talk to me for the remainder of the class.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

You are being bullied?? :shock: Omg... I'm so sorry..

TIP!! Ignore them. I know it may be hard, but on minecraft people cuss at me and call me terrible things, but sometimes when they say words I can say, I laugh along with them and try to make them calmer.

EXAMPLE TIME!!! "NatureHeart, your a baby!" Me: "That may be true, but I'm not stupid!" :wink: or, "Yeah, I guess I am! ^_^"

It makes the bully be quiet and stop bugging be. :wink: But that's just me. :)
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Thanks for the tips...

And about standing up to them, I'm kind of afraid too, because I don't want to hurt their feelings... :?

I will try the other tips though, thanks.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

They've hurt your feelings so much (i'm not trying to encourage vengeance but) I don't think it would be very mean to stand up for yourself :/
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Tip 1: Remember, you're better than them right off, they're just a waste trying to put someone else down, moreso behind a computer screen.
Tip 2: Bullies tend to be the people that can't wrap their minds around much...You can usually wrap them in their own coil, if you understand the meaning.
Tip 3: They don't have feelings if they would try to upset you. They don't understand human dignity, nor what a feeling is, otherwise they obviously wouldn't do it. I've had...less than kind comments shot at me for seven years for absolutely no reason. I left the school this happened at only for it to follow me with another student from that same school. That's how bad it gets, some try to ruin your life no matter where you go.
Question: What happened to start all this?
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

dinoman wrote:Question: What happened to start all this?
Well, I don't really know... I was playing with them, doing stuff then they just sort of stopped talking and became sort of distant, then the next couple days I kept getting insults thrown at me... I tried apologizing for whatever I did, but they just kept insulting me...

I'm also very sorry about what happened to you during that time when you were bullied. :(
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

On animal jam? I go on that..

I've been bullied once on AJ, but have you tried blocking them?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?