How do you play??
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Renesmai
Bluebird Chick

Re: Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

Post by Renesmai »

It's pretty old, but I think I have it lying around somewhere..

In order to play it, you need to buy it.
It's quite boring at the start as you have to slowly work on getting your dinosaurs, but after that, it gets really fun.
I like releasing my velociraptors to wreak havoc among the visitors.. hehehe.. :twisted:
ImageImageImage
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

I have this game, it's really bad and zoo tycoon 2 is a lot better, the safari minigames are fun though.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I have a five-star save-file and because no-one visits the Spinosaurus, I will release it... MWHAHAHA... >:D
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

I've never heard of this game... I do have Zoo tycoon the complete colection. It was released in 2003 and inludes Zoo tycoon, Zoo tycoon: marine mania, and Zoo tycoon Dinnosour digs. My friend and I knew of this guy who really was a jerk. He once injured my sisters arm intentionally. He was mean to everybody and I tried to be nice to him but he did not return the favor. So this friend and I would go on zoo tycoon the complete collection were we would name a person after this guy release all the dinosours as well as dangourous animals of modern times then trap the person in a hole with a T-Rex. This would relief frustasion> Well that and it was amusing to a pair of elemetary kids that are very shy, rarely talk to anyone else, and agree that they really dislike someone. When we were not doing that we were cunstructing large enclosures of predators and prey sid be side seperated by singlle fence. Then we would delete the fence and so how many antolope got eaten by lions or how many moose and bison got eaten by wolves. We had a good time with zoo tycoon tortering guest named after people who we disliked because they were basicly bullies and pitting predator against prey. I still have never heard of Jurasic Park: operation Genesis. Would we have been able to do similer things to what we did in zoo tycoon?

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I haven't played JP:OG in an eternity... But from what I recall...

JP:OG is less cartoon-y and has less features than ZT, and personally JP:OG feels like it has a shorter end-game point compared to ZT... But JP:OG also is more oriented towards creating natural habitat exhibits than a simple zoo, and while you can still build gift shops and food areas and whatnot, it doesn't provide a lot of building variety. So overall, it's very dinosaur oriented.

Constructing a hatchery is the sole way to add any dinosaurs, you don't drop them in like in ZT, and it'll take a minute for the dinosaur to be hatched and raised before it's officially a unit exiting the hatchery. Doesn't mean you can't just delete the hatchery when you're through with adding dinosaurs, and in the end it might just save you a bit of upkeep if you do, not sure...

ANYWHO. That rambling aside...

You are ENTIRELY able to mix carnivores and herbivores together, but if you're looking for a more natural co-existence and not a death match, that's a bit more difficult. Generally, if a predator got within a certain range of prey, the prey would run away as best they could, and some carnivores are even afraid of the bigger ones. Although I don't remember if carnivores would practice hunting, or only hunt when they were hungry...

And you can introduce human to dino if you wanted to. Either moving a dinosaur via tranquilizer + chopper (which is the ONLY way you can move a dinosaur), placing an unenclosed hatchery near pathways, or deleting the fencing will accomplish this. But the visitors will run back to the entrance or some safe-building if they can if they get too afraid of a dinosaur - though some dinos you CAN get away with putting around visitors. Also, carnivores will kill and eat any visitors if they want to and you let them - the visitor isn't safe. So.

Velociraptors would be able to jump on the backs of some of their larger prey while it's runnning, and either they would fall off and get a bit hurt, or successfully kill it. There are a few herbivores that can deal damage back, such as a triceratops running around and throwing their head up when they get near a predator, or the ankylosaurus and stegosaurus waving their tail back and forth. Pachycephalosaurus will occasionally have their headbutting competitions - and maybe triceratops do that, too? Don't recall... And of course, you have the spinosaurus and tyrannosaurus duel, although there's no guaranteed or normal outcome; either can win.

Pack animals would, of course, form their groups. But they also have their limits - although I'm not sure if it's a random number, or an actual maximum number of animals within a herd. Sometimes you'd have an exhibit of 10 gallimimus, and would manage to end up with 1 that's left out for some reason - it doesn't follow the rest of them like herd members will do. Although if you introduce anymore to the exhibit, usually they'll start another herd. And there's nothing wrong with it - there's no territories they'll fight over or anything, they'll get along just fine.

And some dinosaurs will stick to certain areas over others, such as by the water, out in the open grassland, in the treeline bordering the open grassland, or in the jungle. That's not to say they won't wander into other sorts, but they'll usually try to avoid or stick to certain ones.

JP:OG is just dinosaur oriented, while ZT is zoo oriented.
Artwork: Tumblr
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

animalguy888 wrote:I've never heard of this game... I do have Zoo tycoon the complete colection. It was released in 2003 and inludes Zoo tycoon, Zoo tycoon: marine mania, and Zoo tycoon Dinnosour digs. My friend and I knew of this guy who really was a jerk. He once injured my sisters arm intentionally. He was mean to everybody and I tried to be nice to him but he did not return the favor. So this friend and I would go on zoo tycoon the complete collection were we would name a person after this guy release all the dinosours as well as dangourous animals of modern times then trap the person in a hole with a T-Rex. This would relief frustasion> Well that and it was amusing to a pair of elemetary kids that are very shy, rarely talk to anyone else, and agree that they really dislike someone. When we were not doing that we were cunstructing large enclosures of predators and prey sid be side seperated by singlle fence. Then we would delete the fence and so how many antolope got eaten by lions or how many moose and bison got eaten by wolves. We had a good time with zoo tycoon tortering guest named after people who we disliked because they were basicly bullies and pitting predator against prey. I still have never heard of Jurasic Park: operation Genesis. Would we have been able to do similer things to what we did in zoo tycoon?
Yes, you can delete the fences and the build a cage arounda visitor.

I normally get the most dangerous carnivore I can hatch, delete the park entrance, and then let it loose. :twisted: And also put a cage around the visitors to make sure they don't run off anywhere.
Alpha Ridley
Adult Mouse

Post by Alpha Ridley »

Here's how to get 250,000 money in operation Genesis mode.

Type this in during gameplay: [,right, right,[,],down
Please join my Okavango Delta RP!
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

SilentEcho wrote:I have this game, it's really bad and zoo tycoon 2 is a lot better, the safari minigames are fun though.
How dare you?! SIT IN A CORNER YOU'RE IN A TIME OUT FOR ETERNITY!!!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I have it for the Xbox.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I should add, at least for the PC - there are various mods you can download, and a few you can do yourself pretty easily by editing text files. A lot of the downloadable mods are behavior-oriented, to make the dinosaurs behave more realistically. I'm currently unaware of any object or dinosaur additions - last I heard, the game's made in a way that makes it relatively difficult, if not impossible, to add any new dinosaurs or buildings. And then, there's a dozen dinosaur reskins, and I think even a few for the environment.
Artwork: Tumblr
WildLife
Baby Mouse
Location: Wherever mah wolfy takes meh. Maybe to Burger king :D

Post by WildLife »

I have JP:Og on my Pc. Its a fun game, and I have a five star park. I am planning to release my T-rex soon.. Very, very soon.. TOO LATE. My raptors took care of that just fine o3o
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.
I am.