Arctic Survival.

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Re: Arctic Survival.

Post by Mindy »

Hopping around, she was happy at the excitement-free spring day. Though in most places there was still snow, it was gushy with meltiness, and the sun shone in the sky. She ate some grass cheerfully, suddenly looked all around in sudden paranoia (the other day had her on edge), and then relaxed at the sight of no predators, though keeping her ears open. She loved this weather so much, that the snow-white bunny was at first alarmed that she might shed early. Then she laughed it off. Her fur knew when to changed colors, just like it always did. There was no reason for it to be wrong this season or any other season.
Nefri looked around suspiciously, always edging toward her bolthole. She knew that she was more cautious than other hares. But she also knew that she was more alive than some of them.
She munched on food.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro emerged from his winter cave. The overabundance of snow present in the winter exchanged now only for the permafrost. The smell of blood was quick to hit the male's nose, and he tracked it down to two things he hoped to see. A female, and a seal carcass. The only problem being that the female had made the kill. Deciding that an encounter would be best saved for later, he wandered off in search of different prey.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

niallz299 wrote:Name:Snowpaw
Species: Artic Fox
Winter Coat: http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&s ... ICoDg#i=27

Appearance:

Summer Coat: http://imgc.artprintimages.com/images/a ... WJF00Z.jpg

Other: He is very flirty and he is kinda a heartbreaker....
(Accepted.)
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
niallz299
Baby Mouse

Post by niallz299 »

Snow turned around and saw a female fox "Oh don't mind me I'm just looking at the sceanary it's beautiful" he said facing the other direction. "I'm Snowpaw but I like to be called Snow then my whole name"he said "Whats yours?" he asked
(your fox Saebra)
That girl you just called fat? Shes over-dosing on diet pills. That girl you called ugly? She spends hours putting make up on. That boy you made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. 95% of you won't re-post this, but those of you with a heart will.
KibaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by KibaWolf »

(lawl her name is Saebre xD)

Unknown decided to follow the scent of Arctic fox.She was bored. She needed to do something. Maybe I'll make them think I'll eat them so i can chase them around a bit..Well...They can fight back,so...I think I'll NOT get myself killed today...Maybe I'll become friends with them or kill them..Who knows? She wondered silently.She then followed their scent. She examined the two,curious as to whether or not they should be her friends. "Hi." She greeted the male.
Saebre
Baby Mouse

Post by Saebre »

Saebre looked shocked at his soft, deligate words. He's asking for my name. Should I tell him, or not?
The white female shook her head. "Hi Snow. I'm Lucy. Nice to meet you." the fae looked at the handsome white fox. "You got a place to live?" she asked, shocking herself. Why did I just ask him that? He could kill me at night!
Lucy shook her fluffy, white head. I need a denmate, anyways.
"Losers quite when they're tired. Winners quite when they've won"
-Unknown

"Everytime you fall it's only making your chin strong"
- Gym Class Heros, The Fighter

Old forum name- Jezibel2101Image
niallz299
Baby Mouse

Post by niallz299 »

"No I don't I just left my old den" Snow said solftly "Why do you ask". He turned and showed his soft blue eyes.

(Short post D:)
That girl you just called fat? Shes over-dosing on diet pills. That girl you called ugly? She spends hours putting make up on. That boy you made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. 95% of you won't re-post this, but those of you with a heart will.
Saebre
Baby Mouse

Post by Saebre »

Lucy shifted. "I dont know." she snapped. Without waiting for a responce, and stalked back to her burrow. Jumping inside, the fox curled up in her nest (made of snow, and feathers of a goose).
"Losers quite when they're tired. Winners quite when they've won"
-Unknown

"Everytime you fall it's only making your chin strong"
- Gym Class Heros, The Fighter

Old forum name- Jezibel2101Image
niallz299
Baby Mouse

Post by niallz299 »

Snow shrugged. He was out here for a nice trip to clear his mind, but hey if he found someone and settled down that wouldn't be so bad, would it? He contenued looking at the area around admiring the beauty before heading off in the east. He looked around as he walked admiring it all.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Frostclaw remained perched on the grey rock. No lemmings were nearby-What was the point of flying? Some part of him said Because you might find food elsewhere. but he dangerously ignored his instincts. Almost like snapping back, he thought to himself: No, if I hear no lemmings they are not here. They are too far away. It was too confusing, infact. Where would lemmings be if they were not here? Would they be miles and miles away, or perhaps just outside is hearing border, as he called it. Frostclaw snorted to himself and glided silently off, because any predator could catch him right out in the open like that.
MockingJay25
Bluebird Chick

Post by MockingJay25 »

Name: Her mother called her Kira, the humans call her Miah.
Species: Polar Bear Cub, 3 months.
Appearance: Image
I do not own this picture.

Other: Her mother was shot by hunters. She has a twin brother named Felix (Felix is his human name, his birth name is Taqqiq.) but he was sent far up north with another bear. Kira it's been a month since she has seen her mother so she doesn't remember her name and goes by Miah. She lives in a fenced off area where abandoned cubs go if they are found by humans. The humans spray them with stuff that masks their scent and are assigned to different, female bears that do not have cubs. The cub then becomes the adult bears "adopted" cub. Her brother was already taken up north and was separated from his sister. Kira does not yet have a new mother.
ImageImageImageImage-Click and you get free tacos!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

MockingJay25 wrote:Name: Her mother called her Kira, the humans call her Miah.
Species: Polar Bear Cub, 3 months.
Appearance: Image
I do not own this picture.

Other: Her mother was shot by hunters. She has a twin brother named Felix (Felix is his human name, his birth name is Taqqiq.) but he was sent far up north with another bear. Kira it's been a month since she has seen her mother so she doesn't remember her name and goes by Miah. She lives in a fenced off area where abandoned cubs go if they are found by humans. The humans spray them with stuff that masks their scent and are assigned to different, female bears that do not have cubs. The cub then becomes the adult bears "adopted" cub. Her brother was already taken up north and was separated from his sister. Kira does not yet have a new mother.
(Accepted. You read Seekers, right? Taqqiq is in Seekers.)
StarlightSheWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by StarlightSheWolf »

Eira opened her sapphire eyes and yawned, waking from her slumber. She waited for her eyes to adjust to the darkness of her cave and slowly stood up, stretching. She strolled out of the cave, looking up at the bright, morning sky. Small patches of blue were visible, but most of the sky was covered by clouds. She sat down, watching the the land below her with mild interest. The sun shone down on what was left of the snow and ice. Most of it had melted, showing the earth and plants that had been buried beneath it. This was a good time of year for herbivores, like hares and caribou. Yet for the carnivores, who relied on camouflage from the snow, it was very difficult. She watched as 2 hares emerged from their hole and started nibbling at the grass around them. The female of the pair was obviously pregnant, by the size of her abdomen. That made Eira think about the future. It was breeding season soon, for many species, Polar Bears included. She needed a mate. It would be her first time raising cubs, though she knew her instincts would lead her through motherhood. But she wouldn't have cubs, unless she found a suitable mate.
She sighed and stood up, walking towards a small pool of water a few meters away. She lapped at the cold water, closing her eyes in contentment. It was quite peaceful. Quenching her thirst, she stood up from her crouched position and walked towards the ocean, where she had hunted recently. But hunting wasn't on her mind at that moment. She wasn't hungry... not yet, anyway.
She walked over the earth and grass, barely feeling the permafrost encasing it. She was used to much colder temperatures. The smell of her kill met her nose, but also, the scent of a male. She froze, wondering why she hadn't sensed the male before. She was no stranger to this area. Taking a few steps back, Eira looked into the distance for any glimpse of life. But all she saw was rodents scurrying about and the silhouettes of seals on the icy shore. She shook her head and turned around, slowly making her way back to her den.
MockingJay25
Bluebird Chick

Post by MockingJay25 »

(Yeah. I've read them, haven't finished them. I need to buy the few books.)

The humans held out the bottle of fresh, warm milk to Miah. She eagerly gulped it down and was placed in her cage. A human gently stroked her soft, white fur until the cub fell asleep. The cub yawned and slowly closed her eyes, she listened to the sound of the humans talking. It sounded strange to Miah, she knew it wasn't bear speak. Anything that came from the humans sounded like a bird or fox Miah saw near the den. She had never traveled far from her den, usually only to play with her brother.
ImageImageImageImage-Click and you get free tacos!
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

It was finally time. Nefri barely remembered what she did, her mind in a haze. But she did know that she had played around, and there was this guy... oh, he must have breeded her, then hopped off. Oh well. She shrugged, and looked around, her mind clearing. She had to find a safe place to dig a den for her babies that would come in a month. She hurried along.
Her fur was changing colors, like the place around her. The snow had not finished melting yet where she was used to, but her body must have known the change in temperature, because she was brown. Nefri decided she would find an even warmer place, where the snow was gone by now, because of the change in fur color.

She hoped to find some place to hide the entrance, say a fallen log, or crop of rocks, or something. And she also wanted to do that without getting eaten. Yup, not getting eaten would be splendid... so she had to start right away. Frightened at the prospect of having no place to run to, she ran to a tree, and made a hole under its roots to start her tunnel. Nefri had to settle for this place, the first safe-looking place she saw, until she could afford to take the time to look. Although, she thought, popping her head out of the ground briefly, this place wasn't all that bad. She could probably keep it.

Nefri dove back in, building the tunnel carefully. Not too wide, but big enough that she could actually fit through...
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times