Race to Freedom - A roll-the-dice RPG

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Race to Freedom - A roll-the-dice RPG

Post by LunaWolf »

The Lawson Park Research Institute is a large facility located in the UK; contained in this facility are a huge array of different creatures used for study and experimentation. Security is tight, but for the beings trapped inside escape is not an impossible goal. Find a way out, escape recovery efforts, and survive against the odds. Some will not survive this mission, but for those that do the reward is priceless.

Alrighty, everybody! This section here will explain what's going to take place here. This is a little different from your standard roleplay. To play, you will create a character using the form provided, and then post your actions for that turn. Once everybody gets a chance to post, I will use a random number generator to determine the success of your actions, and tell you the outcome. Then everyone has their next turn! Simple, ne? I probably won't have a character, seeing as how I control the plot and all. o.o; I'll also keep track of any injuries and items you have at the end of every turn.

Here are the possible outcomes of a dice roll.
1-Fail totally and completely. Bad consequences.
2-Fail.
3-Normal succeed.
4-Very good succeed. Possible extra benefits.
5- Over did it; succeed, but with possible consequences.

Characters are anything-goes. Really, anything. Mythical creatures, normal animals, animals with powers, dinosaurs... Just keep it balanced and within the general rules.

Name: Self explanatory.
Species: Anything. Make something up if you want.
History: Optional
Personality: Optional
Abilities: Optional. Anything goes.
Weaknesses: Optional unless you added an ability.

(I'm probably forgetting something... e.e; Feel free to ask questions.)

Oh yeah, no need to wait to be accepted, I'll tell you if there's a problem with your form.

Oh, and also- your character CAN die if they get seriously injured and roll ones several times in a row. Sorry, folks. Feel free to roll to stop it though, or roll to revive.
Last edited by LunaWolf on Fri May 25, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Race to Freedom - A roll-the-dice RPG

Post by Alexander »

Name: Alexander
Species: Mightyena
History: Came from gryphon & dragon in a Pokemon world?
Personality: Silly, nonsensical, can be serious, usually dumb.
Abilities: Has meat ray, something like lasers shooting out of your eyes and meat pops out from it. Delicious.
Weaknesses: Meat can turn into stomach upsetting or burnt or something. He's easily distracted by turtles. His weakness is... space duck.

Alexander backed up in his cage, rearing up against the other end of the wall, and suddenly charged, readying his head and attempts to break the cage's front door.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

Name: Skull
Species: Utahraptor (mightiest of raptors)
History: Was cloned in the facility. Her ancient ansesor was mummified, so she was easily cloned.
Personality: Has a short temper. Also thinks everyone else are idiots.
Abilities: More intelligent than your average utahraptor! She is a natural escape artist.
Weaknesses: She will often ignore others, even when she needs help.
Picture(Thought I'd add this in.): Looks- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2007/ ... lf2004.jpg Size- http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/ ... aximus.jpg

Skull ramed the cage beside her. That fairy-tale pokemon was always making a ruckus (yes, i did just say ruckus). "What are you doing, Fairy Dog?" she screeched to the creature. She went over to the lock and began toying with it, trying to unlock it.
Vegan: The other white meat.
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

(Looks good, everyone. Just waiting for a couple more people to join and we can start.)
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Name: Nayami
Species: Pheonix
History: Evolved from the spirit of a bird who died of fire.
Personality: You shalls finds out! :twisted:
Abilities: Can burn almost anything almost whenever she wants.
Weaknesses: Is very vunerable to water, and sometimes her fire won't light properly, burning herself.

Nayami walked to the front of her cage, and started trying to melt it. She heard a large ruckus is a cage beside her.
"Keep it down, I'm trying to escape here!" she screeched.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Name: Clove
Species: Dragon (DARK and one of those miniature dragons)
History: Made by the DNA samples of well preserved dragons. A new scientist mixed up the samples and entered raptor blood so her she is intelligent and has normal dark dragon abilities.
Appearance: Black with blue eyes but they turn red when using powers. White tail tip, white teeth that is tinted red, and skin is slightly tinted white.
Personality: Intelligent, sneaky, and quiet snappy. (Slightly like Clove and FoxFace mixed together from the Hunger Games)
Abilities: Can call spirits from the dead, but since she's still young her powers are limited. Poisonous tail tip, can stun others for a short period of time.
Weaknesses: Water and Steel (Cant use powers on this terrain)

(Please tell me if I put stuff that wasn't allowed in the RP.)

Clove stretched her tail through the cage door and puts her tail into the specialized cage door lock.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

Name: Zoey
Species: Space duck
History: She was flung through a rip of space and time into this dimension! The portal sealed behind her, and she's trapped in this world!

Zoey ruffled her feather indignantly in her cage. What an insult! She wacked her helmeted head on the floor, and sighed. What... hopsitality... on this new planet that was likely her new home. The space duck straightened. Well then. She would just have to escape, wouldn't she! She quacked in alarm (to her shame) at a sudden chorus of loud bangs.
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
It continued, as multiple creatures rammed their cages, and one was sizzling their's open. Zoey was unamused. What a racket! She waited for the noise to die down, so she could talk to someone. Soon, though, a piercing screech accompanied the ruckus. Ugh... She had bent down in alarm, covering her head with her wings at the sharp noise. Can't they all keep it down? Someone's going to hear us and stop this breakout, and then separate us! Then I won't get to escape!

Then Zoey had an idea. She walked to the edge of her cage and tried to see if she might fit through.

((Die roll to see what kind of cage this is! Action: Look. Ability tested: luck.))
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

(That's five people, I think we're ready to start then!)
Alexander wrote:Name: Alexander
Species: Mightyena
History: Came from gryphon & dragon in a Pokemon world?
Personality: Silly, nonsensical, can be serious, usually dumb.
Abilities: Has meat ray, something like lasers shooting out of your eyes and meat pops out from it. Delicious.
Weaknesses: Meat can turn into stomach upsetting or burnt or something. He's easily distracted by turtles. His weakness is... space duck.

Alexander backed up in his cage, rearing up against the other end of the wall, and suddenly charged, readying his head and attempts to break the cage's front door.
Rolling to break the cage door. (6) You put all your strength into the blow, and tear your way through the flimsy cage door with ease. Unfortunately, you still have a lot of momentum going and tumble into a trolley left in front of your cage, stocked with glass vials, beakers, and metal equipment. Luck roll... (6) Thankfully, your thick fur protects you from harm!

Injuries: none. Inventory: none.
Grep42 wrote:Name: Skull
Species: Utahraptor (mightiest of raptors)
History: Was cloned in the facility. Her ancient ansesor was mummified, so she was easily cloned.
Personality: Has a short temper. Also thinks everyone else are idiots.
Abilities: More intelligent than your average utahraptor! She is a natural escape artist.
Weaknesses: She will often ignore others, even when she needs help.
Picture(Thought I'd add this in.): Looks- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2007/ ... lf2004.jpg Size- http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/ ... aximus.jpg

Skull ramed the cage beside her. That fairy-tale pokemon was always making a ruckus (yes, i did just say ruckus). "What are you doing, Fairy Dog?" she screeched to the creature. She went over to the lock and began toying with it, trying to unlock it.
Rolling to unlock cage. (1) You fail to pick the lock, unfortunately... And what's this? Now your claw is caught in the lock, as well! Luck roll... (6) You manage to free your claw from the lock, thankfully.

Inventory: none. Injuries: none.
NatureHeart wrote:Name: Nayami
Species: Pheonix
History: Evolved from the spirit of a bird who died of fire.
Personality: You shalls finds out! :twisted:
Abilities: Can burn almost anything almost whenever she wants.
Weaknesses: Is very vunerable to water, and sometimes her fire won't light properly, burning herself.

Nayami walked to the front of her cage, and started trying to melt it. She heard a large ruckus is a cage beside her.
"Keep it down, I'm trying to escape here!" she screeched.
Rolling to melt the cage. (5) You melt a phoenix-sized hole in the cage, perfectly large enough to escape through! Some of the errant heat-waves drift upwards and melt a security camera, as well!

Hope wrote:Name: Clove
Species: Dragon (DARK and one of those miniature dragons)
History: Made by the DNA samples of well preserved dragons. A new scientist mixed up the samples and entered raptor blood so her she is intelligent and has normal dark dragon abilities.
Appearance: Black with blue eyes but they turn red when using powers. White tail tip, white teeth that is tinted red, and skin is slightly tinted white.
Personality: Intelligent, sneaky, and quiet snappy. (Slightly like Clove and FoxFace mixed together from the Hunger Games)
Abilities: Can call spirits from the dead, but since she's still young her powers are limited. Poisonous tail tip, can stun others for a short period of time.
Weaknesses: Water and Steel (Cant use powers on this terrain)

(Please tell me if I put stuff that wasn't allowed in the RP.)

Clove stretched her tail through the cage door and puts her tail into the specialized cage door lock.
Rolling to unlock. (3) You mess with the lock for a while, but eventually you hear a 'click' and the door swings ajar.

Mindy wrote:Name: Zoey
Species: Space duck
History: She was flung through a rip of space and time into this dimension! The portal sealed behind her, and she's trapped in this world!

Zoey ruffled her feather indignantly in her cage. What an insult! She wacked her helmeted head on the floor, and sighed. What... hopsitality... on this new planet that was likely her new home. The space duck straightened. Well then. She would just have to escape, wouldn't she! She quacked in alarm (to her shame) at a sudden chorus of loud bangs.
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
It continued, as multiple creatures rammed their cages, and one was sizzling their's open. Zoey was unamused. What a racket! She waited for the noise to die down, so she could talk to someone. Soon, though, a piercing screech accompanied the ruckus. Ugh... She had bent down in alarm, covering her head with her wings at the sharp noise. Can't they all keep it down? Someone's going to hear us and stop this breakout, and then separate us! Then I won't get to escape!

Then Zoey had an idea. She walked to the edge of her cage and tried to see if she might fit through.

((Die roll to see what kind of cage this is! Action: Look. Ability tested: luck.))
Rolling to examine. (4) Hmm, it's solid metal most of the way around, but the front part is iron bars; you think they might be spaced just wide enough to fit through? At the most you'll probably only lose a few feathers.

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Nayami squeezes through the hole she melted. She flew up in the air. She saw a cage door fly open, and a gryphon-dragon thing fall into trolley, and a duck thing squeeze out of the bars. The Utahraptor was still stuck. Nayami deciding whether to help or not. Nah, she thought, isn't that the thing that called the dragon-gryphon thingy a fairy dog? So much for intelligent! Besides, if I let her out, it will make a bunch of noise and blow my escape! She flew to a door and started trying to melt it too.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

The midnight black dragon smiled with triumph after she heard the click. She give her wings a few flaps and twisted her neck at angle where she could see more cages. She had to make allies if she were to escape, but who? I few others have managed to escape already. First she would need food though, she hasn't eaten in awhile because of the pool mush they feed her. She looked around and spotted a turkey sandwich a scientist must of left but it was out of her flying range and was on a desk far from her cage, but it was a big meal for such a young dragon. She looked around and saw an apple core in a easy to reach trash can, not a big meal but easy to get. She made up her mind and stretched her wings, if she didn't finish the sandwich she could offer it to make allies. She leapt into the air and tried to get the sandwich.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

She squeezed through the bars, ruffled her feathers, and looked around again. Well then. Looks like most of the subjects were getting out. Except for one reptilian creature. She hopped over to where its cage was. "Hello. I'm Zoey," she said. The duck looked around for something that might pick a lock. "Need some help?" she asked absentmindedly while she was looking.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

Skull cursed. She kicked the door, jumped at it, and bit the lock.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Alexander nearly yipped as he kept going, not realizing the cage would be that weak. He attempted to stop himself, but couldn't, and smashed right into the trolley. He tried to stop and pivot himself before all the chemicals and whatnot were to crash down onto him.

(I'm guessing Luna shall post after she's back from her yard sale.)
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Name: Nyan Cat
Species: Nyan Cat
History: Nyan cat was flying through space and a meteor hit him, flying him down to the earyh.
Personality:
Abilities: Ability to shoot rainbows and make pop tarts instantly!
Weaknesses: Any vegetables or fruit. And Tac Nayn.

Nyan cat shot rainbows at the door of the cage, hoping it would open.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

NatureHeart wrote:Nayami squeezes through the hole she melted. She flew up in the air. She saw a cage door fly open, and a gryphon-dragon thing fall into trolley, and a duck thing squeeze out of the bars. The Utahraptor was still stuck. Nayami deciding whether to help or not. Nah, she thought, isn't that the thing that called the dragon-gryphon thingy a fairy dog? So much for intelligent! Besides, if I let her out, it will make a bunch of noise and blow my escape! She flew to a door and started trying to melt it too.
Rolling to melt door. (5) The door melts off completely, revealing a long empty corridor with an 'exit' sign at the end.

Inventory: nothing. Injuries: nothing.
Hope wrote:The midnight black dragon smiled with triumph after she heard the click. She give her wings a few flaps and twisted her neck at angle where she could see more cages. She had to make allies if she were to escape, but who? I few others have managed to escape already. First she would need food though, she hasn't eaten in awhile because of the pool mush they feed her. She looked around and spotted a turkey sandwich a scientist must of left but it was out of her flying range and was on a desk far from her cage, but it was a big meal for such a young dragon. She looked around and saw an apple core in a easy to reach trash can, not a big meal but easy to get. She made up her mind and stretched her wings, if she didn't finish the sandwich she could offer it to make allies. She leapt into the air and tried to get the sandwich.
Rolling to eat sandwich. (1) You leap into the air and grab the sandwich, quickly wolfing it down. However, you quickly regret this, as your stomach begins to ache. That sandwich was very old, you have food poisoning!

Inventory: nothing. Injuries: Food poisoning. (-1 on rolls that require physical exertion. Temporary.)
Mindy wrote:She squeezed through the bars, ruffled her feathers, and looked around again. Well then. Looks like most of the subjects were getting out. Except for one reptilian creature. She hopped over to where its cage was. "Hello. I'm Zoey," she said. The duck looked around for something that might pick a lock. "Need some help?" she asked absentmindedly while she was looking.
Roll to look around. (4) You spy a ring of keys, discarded on the floor. What luck! You suspect one of these keys will fit the lock.

Grep42 wrote:Skull cursed. She kicked the door, jumped at it, and bit the lock.
Roll to attack the door. (1) Ouch, you get bruised, and hurt your teeth on the hard metal! Man, what bad luck you're having today.

Inventory: nothing. Injuries: pain (temporary)
Alexander wrote:Alexander nearly yipped as he kept going, not realizing the cage would be that weak. He attempted to stop himself, but couldn't, and smashed right into the trolley. He tried to stop and pivot himself before all the chemicals and whatnot were to crash down onto him.

(I'm guessing Luna shall post after she's back from her yard sale.)
Rolling to dodge. (2) You dodge the caustic chemicals tumbling down, but you scratch your feet up in the chaos, ouch. The cuts are small though, and will soon heal.

Inventory: none. Injuries: cut pawpads. (Temporary, -1 on speed-based rolls.)
Foxesrule wrote:Name: Nyan Cat
Species: Nyan Cat
History: Nyan cat was flying through space and a meteor hit him, flying him down to the earyh.
Personality:
Abilities: Ability to shoot rainbows and make pop tarts instantly!
Weaknesses: Any vegetables or fruit. And Tac Nayn.

Nyan cat shot rainbows at the door of the cage, hoping it would open.
Rolling to shoot door. (3) The rainbows knock the door of the cage open! And that's about it.

Injuries: none. Inventory: none.