Forest survival

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Swifty
Adult Mouse

Re: Forest survival

Post by Swifty »

She didn't flinch when she was lunged at, only narrowed her eyes. "Your 'snack' is getting away", she nodded towards the rustling tree branches in the tree over. Her claws dug into the brach as she prepared to leap to a higher branch. Bracing herself, she lept to a branch one above her. It swayed and creaked dangerly under her weight, and she stumbled slighly. "Hello squirrel." She said calmly and watched the squirrel as she perched awkwardly on her swaying branch. Looking down for the fuming Owl, she let out a dry snicker. She watched the small black squirrel across from her, on the other tree. "Lovely weather is it not?"
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Skyeler felt great anger in her. She flew to the squirrel with fierce talons.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

She frowned slightly at the Owl. She never liked it when she heard the snap of bones or the taste of blood on her tongue, and she hated the sounds of prey's cries or wheezing breaths before they parished. "Is it ... important to have your 'snack' now? I mean... you don't .. need it do you?''
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Skyeler felt stupidity in the wolf. "Why shouldn't I have it now?" she asked, "Don't wanna see someone do something you can't do? Huh little puppy?" She turned back to her prey, "Now, prepare..."
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Eyes narrowed, she lept to the branch the squirrel was huddled on and stood infront of her awkwardly. Ahhh man that's highhhhh... Nova thought while staring at the ground that seemed to get even farther away with every blink. The branch creeked and moaned with every tense twitch of her muscles, and she gulped audibly. She put on a brave smirk and looked at the owl. "Something I cannot do, hmm?"
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

"Alright..." she paused as if she had been wrong, "Kill it!" she cawed at the wolf. She narrowed her eyes and smirked.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Sand was hiding in the leaves while all this was happening. She couldn't do anything to help her squirrel friend- Not at all. She felt a guilty feeling in her stomach. Sand could only distract them and then run to the nearest hole without getting hurt. But she would get killed. And then the two predators would go after her friend. So she was just stuck there, watching her friend suffer.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

She scowled at the thought and shifted again. The wolf had always made due with eating herbs, grasses and the occasional fish, and truly hated the fact that this owl would kill the squirrel for no reason. "How about you ...ah get on your way, Owl, before I make a snack out of you, hmm?" Nova said silkily.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

"I knew it!" she said, "You can't! HA!!" The owl started hopping on the branch, trying to get the wolf to become off balance and fall, then reached her talons out and attempted to take the squirrel.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Nova let out a deep, rumbling growl that started deep in her chest. Was the Owl actually suggestting I couldn't? Of course I could! She thought with a snort.
She snapped her jaws threateningly at the Owl's face and wings. "Oh, I can. But I prefer bird over squirrel." She wobbled slightly as the branch swayed dangerously, but stood her ground-- er, branch.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Skyeler flew off the branch, at least 3 feet away, then dove at the branch, talons first. She then went back 3 feet. "Come at me." :twisted:
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((A response to several posts' worth of banter. =) ))

Yes! The owl was being distracted by the wolf... for her quiet, stealthy getaway! She started, but stopped before long. Curiosity was killing her man. And even worse, her nerves were gone! Wait, not her nerves... her nervousness. Big difference. She winced as the owl, sure enough, regained its attention on her, and gulped, tensing to run, but then the wolf leaped over to her! Ah! So she was going to be doggy food, instead!

She waited. She wasn't dying.

The squirrel stared at the wolf. Was this predator actually trying to protect her? What strange behavior. The wolf asked her about the weather. "Uh, uh, what??" She stammered, gaping, then answered staggeredly, "Erm... yes, I guess." Scuttle was not taking into account that she thought that she was going to die minutes earlier.

Scuttle soon re-remembered that tidbit as the owl flew at them again. "Watch out!" she yelped as it flew toward them, but then, she could hardly believe her ears. The wolf was negotiating with the owl! For her life! No, that sounded wrong... they weren't arguing about who was going to eat her. That would have been unusual, but not nearly as unusual as a wolf trying to save her life...

Scuttle felt her nervousness return when the owl suggested the wolf eat her (she highly disagreed with this idea), but cheered that the wolf didn't seem to like the thought too much either. "Yeah!" she put in hesitantly. She fiddled with her tail, then settled for digging her claws into her branch nervously while the wolf tried threatening the barn owl to go away. ...Heh... she giggled. The barn owl was willing to fight with a wolf. And the wolf climbed trees! Haha!

"Yahoo! You go, girl!" she tried to encourage her new protector. This was great! Scuttle might run, but right now, she felt (almost) safe here. After all, falling wasn't that bad. Also, this was an adventure! She could never turn down an adventure. Besides, even if her new guardian failed, and fell or something, she could always get away (she glanced behind her, just to make sure). She was fast enough. Scuttle got ready to run at a moment's notice, muscles tense, tail fluffed, and eyes wide and watching.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Skyeler then remembered about the squirrel. She dove at it, attemted to snatch it, then went back to her three feet to make sure she wouldn't get hurt.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

(Woo you posteddd~)

The wolf frowned at the Owl as it hovered and taunted, her markings glowing harshly as her blood boiled. "I just suggest you leave, y'little twat---" her sentance cut short when the owl dove for the Squirrel once again, and she let out a snarl, and snapped her jaws again at the Owl. Her teeth caught on a feather, but the Owl seemed unphased. Nova's ears flattened against her skull as her eye blazed in rage. (literally hahaha...)
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((I intended to! Really! I just hadn't seen such a burst of activity before, and was busy for a day... imagine my surprise when I get back the next, and see two more people pushing the storyline! It was lovely. :D ))

"Yikes!" she yelped as the owl dove at her. Again. Was this the third time? Fifth? She skittered sideways... and ended up clutching the branch nearly upside down to avoid the owl, her small squirrel-claws straining with the effort of performing a task they were not used to doing. She quickly, and less gracefully (if her crab walk was 'graceful', by any standards), clambered back on, shivering behind the wolf in her usual alert pose. "Uck..." she whispered regretfully.

Thankfully for the squirrel's abused nerves, Scuttle was not in a position to see her new wolf friend's eyes light up supernaturally; she would've become highly suspicious of the canine's motives, and doubly nervous. Doubtless, her mind would have started inventing stories about demons tricking innocent squirrels into thinking they're safe, only to leave them to a much more horrible fate: snatching their souls!
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times