Foxes of the city

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Re: Foxes of the city

Post by Grep42 »

(One of your posts, or was I dreaming it. Nvm then, just ignore crazy Grep.)
Vegan: The other white meat.
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

(Then O.K.)
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet is still unconcious and drowning, so this post is explaining what's happening to her.

The flood was VERY deep now and fast-flowing, and Velvet was being rushed by the current into a building (Oh yush, Mindy, Velvet is coming to Rat again.) not her own, but with another fox in.

She's still unconcious now and water in her lungs and all that stuff, by the way. To anyone it would look as if she was dead.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((xD What, again? This is totally gonna mess him up. He never saw the same person more than once before, save for humans; and so, to see Velvet again will be very... hm. Can't think of a word for it. But doubtless it's a new experience for him. It will definitely catch him off guard.))
((Sorry that it's longer than usual. I'm getting used to writing lengthy stuff again, because of rps elsewhere online.))

A flood was very large. It was like a flash flood... only longer. It was high enough to reach the very high window that he had only reached because of a tall stack of boxes. Rat, brushing his tongue over his paws occasionally, only for something to do to distract him from pain, as he had long since cleaned his tail thoroughly, was now thinking. There was plenty of time for it. He was lucky that the window was as high up as it was, or the Tall would have had a better quality one in place, and it would not have been as breakable as it was, or he would've been stuck out there. Luck, he then thought, had nothing to do with it. It was due to his own skill and prior knowledge, and therefore, superiority, that he had a place to escape the flood. Or so Rat tried to convince himself, though with his wounds still stinging and aching, it was hard to not feel even younger than he really was. Rat felt his age more than ever...

It would pass...

The roaring never ceased, nor the crashing of water or the bamming of the raindrops. And then the water broke in, through the very breach he had created. He stood up slowly, shakily, as though a gun had gone off, and then a large, wet, limp rag of fox was swept in with the water that he watched, captivated. And that broke his concentration. What was a fox doing...? Looked half-drowned. Disgusting. But he tripped off of his high stack of boxes (because he would have to go to the second floor of the building soon), and padded over to the unconscious fox, ignoring the water starting to puddle at his feet, air bubbling up closer to where the water gushed in through the window. Dead. Wet. That's all it was. He gasped as a sharp shard of glass from the water, carried through the moving water, sliced his ankle and passed away. He gritted his teeth. When did the water get high enough that it rose above his paws?

More importantly, he had to get to higher ground. Ignore the dead fox. Rat swallowed the saliva-mixed-with-bile that rose to his throat. He stared coldly at the corpse, his eyes shaded with apathy, chin lifted with disdain, tail uncaring. Stance domineering. He did not have a sick, churning feeling in his stomach, nor did his face want to contort into feeling. His legs did not feel like collapsing, and he did not recognize the limp canine. Of all of these statements, only the last one was true. Everything else was faked. He really didn't recognize it, nor did he expect to. But the body still nagged at him.

And then he remembered her. So he knew whose body it was. And that changed everything.

His eyes widened, and all pretenses faded. He knew this fox. (The water was above his ankles now. It was rising steadily.) He knew her, she was one who had tried to get his name out of him, that he had yelled at, and ran away from. He felt horrible because she was dead. He should have been angry, Rat knew that, but he couldn't. He should have been cold and uncaring at this, but he wasn't. A lump rose to his throat, and he didn't want to leave it for a wet burial. Despite his resolutions, he didn't want to leave the drowned fox in the flood. He had to get her to safety, too, even if she was already lost.

Maybe that would work for an apology, and she might forgive him...

For what?! He asked himself indignantly. And he answered himself coldly. He ignored that thought, because what he was doing was so right, there was no other solution. All angers he had were insignificant in that light, and so he ignored the part of him that wanted to be dark, and obeyed the one who felt the dark the most, the one that was desperate to be free.

He grabbed the fox's scruff, and dragged it with him toward the metal stairs, (the water covering his legs) and splashing, made it onto the step. Then he grabbed the scruff and hoisted the body that was bigger than he was up with him, straining himself. Such a huge effort to lift it.... And then again. And again. And again; heaving it up one step at a time, one clumbsy stairstep at a time, doing his best not to bang the body against the step's edge too badly.

Badump. Thump, ...thump. (Dum dum dadum.) Badump. Thump, ...thump. (Dum dum da dadum. Dum. Dum.) Going up the stairs to the second floor dragged on longer than it should, while the water rose more quickly than it should, as deep as a fox-length by the time he was halfway up. He just needed to get to the second level, where a platform ringed the walls, and there was a fire-escape, and windows, and abandoned tools and workbenches.... And it was the second floor! ...

He didn't know what he would do with the body if he had to leave the building when the water rose too high. His single-mindedness only thought about the second floor. Rat wasn't thinking too straight, nor too far ahead at the moment.
Last edited by Mindy on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet's eyes slowly opened- Even though she was now blind, she could tell the flood was deeper and faster than ever... And she had been brought to saftey. By the fox she had seen...Before the flood. She could recognise his-Slightly mangy, Velvet thought- scent. She barked to him:
"Eerrm... Hi?"
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

He lay there at the top of the steps. He did it. He let go of the body's scruff, and lay there, resting his head on his paws, drained. He had time. He should have five or ten minutes before he had to decide how to leave to the roof... and once he was on the roof, he would be safe. But, the body that he had obssessively protected... why had he done that? He tried to remember... right. Regret. Sorrow. Those were the reasons.

Such useless feelings, he echoed in his head. The words were empty. He didn't believe it quite then. Maybe in time he would... He closed his eyes, exhausted.

And then the corpse spoke! He jumped out of his skin, fur bristling on end everywhere, alarm apparent. Wha, wha...?! He turned slowly to face her. She... she...! "I-I thought you were dead!" he exclaimed, his accusatory tone surprising himself. He felt cheated, and decieved, and... oh no. He saved her life, didn't he? "Why couldn't you have woken up earlier...?" he mumbled dejectedly, shuffling to the side. Rat shouldn't have saved her. Now he had an obligation.

And she could've saved herself! He felt indignant, and upset, and almost angry. What he did not expect to feel among this plathora was relief. A small smile even flickered on his face, and abruptly, horrified, he erased it. So embarrassing... why would he do that? Why should he be so glad that she was safe! He was mad at her!

Rat tried to ignore his internal struggles, and glanced warily at the she-fox. What was he supposed to do in a situation like this?

He still felt so tired from his efforts. He really should be resting while he could, before he had to go out in that storm... Because he - and so would she, he realized with abjection - would have have to go out into the rain if the flood didn't slow. Because even though soon the water wouldn't rise so quickly once it was level with the outside, it would only buy them hours... and speaking of, what was he supposed to do with her around for hours? He didn't know what he was supposed to do right now for a few seconds! Would she say anything, to save him from the awkwardness of trying to find something to say?
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

(Sorry my posts are so short... And lazily written.)

Seeming puzzled at first, Velvet spoke. "I would've been dead! I'll be dead soon if..." Velvet was almost too embarrased to say it. "If I stay blind! And if the flood carries on!" Velvet suddenly started to cough water out...Soon mixed with something terrible-Blood... Velvet could smell it. She was getting dizzy...And it didn't stop... Suddenly she saw something that wasn't there, almost like a flashback...But it hadn't happened yet. What made it stranger was that Velvet was blind. She saw a human falling into the flood, and... Herself horrified, and...Herself jumping in and dragging the human out... It was dead...And then she couldn't see again, she was back into the real world. She had stopped coughing up blood, and couldn't stop herself from barking out loud in fascination, confusion and cowardliness.
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((Don't worry about length. Role-playing is just a game, after all. ))

She spoke. He was very surprised at what she did say. He expected yelling, and anger. Not for her to say that he really did save her life, and she continued on, choking on her next words. He choked. "You're... blind?" he echoed, disbelief in his raw voice. "No... no way..." A confession, he had not been expecting.... Rat felt disoriented. Nothing about this encounter had gone the way he'd thought it would.

And then she started coughing up blood. Internal damage. And her external didn't look too good either. She may be awake now, but she would likely be sleeping later... She was doubled over, and for the next minute, he wasn't sure what to do. He had stepped forward hesitantly, but always jumped back if he got too close. He was scared that he might break her. And then the fit stopped, thankfully. It subsided, the coughs fading, occuring less frequently, until she was only breathing heavily. Rat stood stock still until he was sure that it was over. As if to confirm, the female barked wordlessly, hanging her head. She looked disoriented. "Are you... will you be okay?" Rat was uncertain if she would lapse into the strange fit again.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet turned her head away, and started to shuffle her paws in embrassasment. "I only just became blind-Before the flood. And..." Velvet let out a sigh. "I'm not sure if I'm ok...I'm not sure if I'll see the sun rising above this city, or ever see the..." Velvet paused. "I'm not sure if I'll see the sea again..." Memories flooded back to Velvet- The delicious smell of fish, hearing the gulls crying above you, an endless blue beauty. The sun setting at the sea and fish-like creatures jumping in and out of the water...It was too much. Velvet wanted to go back to the sea. She wanted to go back to being normal. She wanted to go back to living free, no humans to dodge or watch out for-The thrill of the hunt, the feel of the wind running through her fur... Velvet shook her head vigorously. That was impossible. No place was like that. Apart from heaven. The sea-yes, the sea was the sea- but the thing she was imagining was heaven. But Velvet didn't want to die. She didn't want to live, either. Velvet sighed, again. She always had atleast one dilema.
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

So, she only just became blind. He closed his heart to her ache. He didn't empathize with it. He wouldn't care if he never saw this city or the bleepin sea again. He hated the ocean, and the city wasn't worth seeing. But he did feel sorry for her. After all, a blind fox was a helpless one. A cripple. A weakness. But perhaps he could take some time off of his paws and set it aside for this fox... after all, he could multi-task, if it came down to it. And besides, hunting and fighting for two just would make him stronger twice as fast.

Rat made up his mind. "It's all right. I'll take care of you until you can see again," he declared boldly, smiling. Then winced at the posture he had taken, crouching down. "...that is, if you can get this glass out of my neck for me," Rat admitted softly.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

(This post is so...Magical. Velvet's story stays hidden though. Most of it. And sorry this is so badly written... If only I was better at writing. I came up witha brilliant idea transformed to...Kinda bad with my writing ._. )

Velvet-She knew this wasn't her true name- couldn't help but smile. No-body apart from her knew something. Her secret. It was becoming more and more obvious what should be done. The flood showed no sign of stopping, anf it ouldn't stop until... Until she did it. So Velvet barked, and it ended up into a howl... A beautiful one. The sun peeked through the clouds, as if enchanted by this sound. Velvet carried on howling. She could already feel the change. The eagle came. It sent her telepathically (Sorry if I spelt that wrong.):
You know what you should do-Only you can do. For that reason, I give you my life. Velvet felt a new strength and confidence swell upi inside her, and she mutterd, loud enough so the other fox could hear:
"I am not what I am known as-Velvet." The eagle slowly disspeared into light, and the light went in her. I am She who flies with eagles, I am she who flies with eagles... Velvet-Or she who flies with eagles-thought. It seemed as if a rainbow appeared around She who flies with eagles, and suddenly she ran. Flowers appearing as she went. And then she jumped into the flood. She literally jumped in. Blood roaring in her ears, She who flies with eagles barked.
"I am She who flies with the eagle, and I give my life, like the eagle, to save everyone elses!" As she landed in the flood, there wasn't a splash. Not even a tiny one. Because when she jumped in, the whole flood dissapeared. All of it. She who flies with the eagle sent something to get the glass out of the other fox's neck. No body was left after the flood had dissapeared. She who flies with the eagle was still there though. And whispered to the other fox(I guess Rat can hear it, Mindy, but he can't see 'Velvet, or She who flies with the eagle):
"I give you my strength, my power, my speed..." there was a flash, and no trace was left of her.

The flood suddenly stops. It just dissapears all of a sudden. Hmm, how did that happen?
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((Magical! xD Rat is soooo confuzzled.))

The she-fox didn't answer him. Or she did. But he didn't understand... see, she just eased into a howl from a sharp bark, and things started to happen. Rat was entranced. He had never watched someone howl before. It was... it was beautiful. And he couldn't tear his eyes away, because things were happening. It stopped raining, but Rat was listening to the howl, not the rain. The windows let sunlight into the warehouse, but he paid it no attention. But then an eagle crashed into the room, or dissipated into the room, or something momentous or not happened, and the eagle was there and huge and he suddenly noticed everything, and was scared. Really, really, scared! "What the...?" he whispered, horror on his face, that changed to awe as the fox communicated with the eagle inaudibly, and then, incredibly, the eagle turned into a big ball of light, and consumed the fox, or became one with it or something. Then she ran, and jumped out of an open window, and suddenly Rat felt that he could move again.

He rushed toward the window, and when she touched the water, suddenly it wasn't there, and instead she rolled onto the ground gracefully, and then disappeared. "Where... where?..." he asked himself, and her, where she was, except she wasn't there so he COULDN'T be asking the magical-fox-that-can't-exist! This was so confusing... he dropped back to the floor away from the window (he had to stand on his hind legs to look out) and then he realized that his neck hurt a lot. The wounds were open. The glass was out. He grimaced. Well...

He hadn't expected her to pull it out quite that spectacularly.

His ears twitched at a breath, and he felt a shiver down his spine as he listened to the she-fox's voice whisper. He turned around quickly, but closed his eyes at a flash, and when he reopened them, there wasn't a trace of anyone there. "...Creepy..." he murmured, shocked, into the silent, sunlit room.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I may aswell create another character now, but I'll still play Velvet/ She who flies with the eagle as a spirit.

Name: Swift
Appearance: Image
Personality: Brave,Swift and determined. Swift will do anything to save her friends and family. Even if that means dying.
Other: Is slightly related to She who flies with the eagle.

I accept myself x)
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

Rat curled up next to a closed window, soaking in the sunlight and ignoring his bruises and flesh wounds. It felt nice and warm, even though he ached from the tornado that was only yesterday. He still remembered what happened to Velvet - for during the amazing transformation, she said her "fake" name, but a name was a name - and what she had said to him. His ears still tingled. He supposed that that was post-magic spirit symptoms. He dwelled on what just happened for a while, but eventually closed his eyes and simply fell asleep.

So he slept peacefully in the warm sunbeam.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Swift had been born at the sea. Brought here. Took away from her family. Just for the Furless's amusment. It had been cruel. Painful. Being hurt and forced to jump through fire and run through it. Having to do sommersaults and backflips in the air. It was terrible. The food was terrible, and there was barley any of it. The space was tiny-The cage she was put in was too small to turn around in. Life was terrible. But maybe now not so terrible. Swift had befriended a rat, whoch could speak fox. The rat wasn't in what the humans called 'the circus', like she was. It was wild. Just living in here. The rat had found the 'key' to get out of the cage she was put in-Resulting in freedom. But it was too dangerous. Swift had another plan.

It was the day of performance-The day of escape. Swift had to run through the fire- But this time he had a stick, like the rat had worked out. And swift knew what to do. Instead of running through the fire, she put some of the fire on the stick, and threw it at the walls of the 'circus'. All the Furless were screaming, and her 'trainer' had got the fire stick out. Swift heard a siren and smelt Monsters. Her 'trainer' was aiming the fire stick. He had his whip. And soon other Furless came. With fire sticks. Swift ran and ran, and jumped through a hole the fire had made. But the Furless gave chase. Swift ran and wouldn't stop until they had gone. Soon they had gone. Swift was safe-For now. Swift walked into a building-An abandoned one-and instantly fell asleep from exhaustion.

(The building is Velvet's abandoned factory, but since no trace of her was left, Swift can't smell her.)