Foxes of the city

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Re: Foxes of the city

Post by Mindy »

Rat wrinkled his nose and hissed as a Tall pushed aside the branches of the bush, and fluffed his tail, teeth bared menacingly. The Tall quickly stumbled back, hurrying away to get away from the hostile fox. He smiled bitterly, then sat down again with a sigh. He'd been waiting in these bushes for a while. Rat was getting bored, and slightly impatient, but it was almost time for him to make an appearance. He really should get rid of his schedule... it was so bothersome. He decided to ignore it, and walked down the row of bushes, looked both ways, then quickly darted across the street to the empty vendor's cart. It had to be empty, because the Tall would punish him for being near an occupied one, screaming, stamping their feet, banging large sticks toward him... a real hassle.

But this one was near a different stand a few feet next to it that had a vendor loading his cart. Mm. Yummy fresh-food, soon to be his! He licked his chops.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet sighed, sensing no fox was coming to help, so she simply barked again. It was louder and more desperate this time.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((Right now I'm playing as though Velvet's wakening hasn't happened quite yet, since I'm rping at a slower pace, and I'm assuming some hours went by for her to regain consciousness. I'll try to get back in the pace! ^^"))

Rat smiled as he watched the man put down the crates. Excellent! Now was his chance! He rushed forward while the man's back was turned and stole a sausage, then turned to rush out of there. He heard a shout and felt a kick at his rump that made him drop the food and fly forward at the empty wooden vendor cart. Headfirst. Dazed, head and ears ringing, he tried to get to his feet, then, as he staggered to his paws, felt something warm trickle thinly down his head, and when it slipped off, he saw red blood drip to the ground. Oh no...

...What he really meant, was... was... Yikes.... yeah... What...? He didn't know what he meant, anymore.

He tried to get a hold of his senses.The ringing in his ears meant he couldn't hear anything. He bolted through the crowd of Tall, who parted, pointing and watching curiously. He was too panicked to care. He ran away from the square, down a street, then slowed to a trot. He was exhausted. He stopped for breath, then continued again. The world was tilting from side to side. Rat wished it would stop. It made him dizzy.

Then, he was caught.

((There, just about caught up.))

A bark, echoed with the hint of many other barks, woke him up.

He wished it hadn't. His head still ached a little, and he was tired. A second bark had him on his feet, making his sleep go away. Drats.

"Shut up!" he barked back to the barker irritably, not registering who issued it or the message of the noise.

Then he realized that his ears didn't ring anymore. He could hear. That meant that he wasn't too badly hurt! Good news, good news...

Apart from the fact that the Tall had him, Rat might have been happy.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Name: Tilix (Ti-lix) prefers to be called 'Tii'

Appearence: Black pelt with grey flecks around his eyes and neck-scruff. Yellow eyes with green specks in the iris

Personallity: Calm, easy-going, optimistic

Other: Has amnesia and often blanks out or loses his train of thought due to brain injury. 2 years 3 months old
Last edited by Swifty on Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

Name: Xena
Appearance: http://pelotes.jea.com/Fox01.jpg
Personality ((Leave blank if you want to roleplay it out in the roleplay.)): roleplay
Other ((optional)): Is a old fox, around 7 years old. Has always lived in the forest, but moved to the city for a better life.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Tii sighed sadly at the rain that seemed to be coming down in buckets. His eyes flicked around, taking in the barely-visable two-leggers and their metal machines, and the occasional cat dashing for shelter. His slim body shivering with wetness, he curled into himself, soaked tail resting on his snout.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Xena growled at the rain, she growled at the thunder-beasts (cars), she growled at the twolegs that were everywhere. She had just arrived in the city, and was trying as hard as she could to adjust. Her sense of sight was horrible, and she nearly got run over by thunder-beasts numerous times. The rain fogged up Xena's sense of smell, the only ability of hers that did not deteriorate with her old age. Xena got out of the bushes she was hiding in and sighed, looking hopelessly for food. The twolegs were astonished to see a fox wandering the streets in broad daylight, and crowded around her. Xena looked around at the twolegs, and begged just like a dog, a skill she picked up when she first got here. She was awarded with half a hamburger, and wolfed it down quickly.
Humans did not try to hurt her. She just didn't fear them, and knew how to get their soft spots. Don't steal food or get into trash, instead look up at them with watering, sad eyes and youll get what you want. This was why she was so supprised when a twoleg started chasing her with a seemingly hollow, metal stick.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

((Oh, ok. And yeah, it would've took hours for Velvet to wake up.))

The rain eventually comes to an end, and there's not even any wind. But could it be the calm before a storm?
Velvet growled to herself, and barked again even louder than before.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((Where arrrre we? I'm not sure of the setting anymore.))

His eyes darkened, and he pressed his ears against his head. "Could you... please... stop that?" He couldn't derive any message from the noise, except that it was probably looking for someone to come. Oh. That's the message. He pressed a paw to his forehead. Ouch... "Just..." he didn't finish his message. He was tired of yelling back, so he lowered his head and kept his mouth shut. Talking loudly made his head hurt.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

There was a loud bang, and Xena felt a sharp pain in her foot. She ran away to her favorite hiding place, an old shed in some person's yard. She licked her wound, and started wining. Xena fell asleep, hoping for a better tomarow.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

The loud, booming noise echoed through the alleyways and streets, practically making Tii jump out of his skin. Instincts set in, racing through his mind, telling him to take cover, to hide, to run. He managed to ignore them and struggled to his paws, eyes alert and body tense. The faint smell of fresh blood drifted towards him, just barely making it through the harsh rains, and Tii then knew the lightening-stick's rock made it's mark. (If y'all don't get it: Lightening-stick = gun. Lightning-stick's rock = bullets.) Warily he made his way towards the smell, his dark pelt now feeling pounds heavier as he walked in the rain. Before long he'd made his way near the outside of a small, metal shed and the smell was heavy in the air. "Hello?"
oceanpelt
Bluebird Chick
Location: He's the map, he's the map, he's the map! Yeah, I am lost.

Post by oceanpelt »

I hope it is not too late to join.

Name: Zero
Appearance: Image
Personality: Young, small scamp. Zero is always very Curious, and ready to learn new things. He can be rather shy at times, but enjoys having company. He is not very good with fighting or attacking. Usually, Zero is easily distracted, and he can't really keep himself tending to one thing.
Other: Age of about 4 months, then his parents had left with his siblings and never returned. Does not eat very much, only scraps that he comes across, with no other foxes around to take it away. Oh yeah and " :lol: " I think that is the right face...
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

"Hello?"
A voice whispered through the darkness. Xena looked up, suprised to hear the voice of another fox. She instinctively yelped "Help," in a rough, rarely used voice.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Tii blinked slowly, awaiting a responce. The young male was about to give up and find shelter, when a soft voice called for help within the shed. He bounded in and squinted in the darkness of the shed, ears falling back. "Oh there you are." he mumbled, seeing a curled up shape near the corner and snuck closer. "Are you okay?"
(
oceanpelt wrote:I hope it is not too late to join.

Name: Zero
Appearance: Image
Personality: Young, small scamp. Zero is always very Curious, and ready to learn new things. He can be rather shy at times, but enjoys having company. He is not very good with fighting or attacking. Usually, Zero is easily distracted, and he can't really keep himself tending to one thing.
Other: Age of about 4 months, then his parents had left with his siblings and never returned. Does not eat very much, only scraps that he comes across, with no other foxes around to take it away. Oh yeah and " :lol: " I think that is the right face...
you should find uss~)
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Xena squited her worn out eyes to see a young fox.
"No, my foot is broken, i can't hunt,"
She could barely hunt before, but now, Xena could not do anything. She honestly thought it was the end, that she'd starve. Though she had never been good at making friends, Xena was determined to make a good impression.
"My name is Xena, who are you?"