Let's try something...

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Let's try something...

Post by Kazz »

You find yourself lying against a damp, muddy ground, surrounded by tall grass, unsure of how you got here. You remember glimpses of another life, however, those scenes are so blurred that you're unsure of whether or not they were merely dreams. Stumbling to your feet/paws/hooves/anything else you can think of, you take a look around. You are in a clearing, flanked on all sides by a welcoming, but mysterious forest. From what you can see, the trees are a lush green hue, and the songs of birds and the bubbling of springs echoes from within.

You also notice a coloured gem hanging from your neck, fastened tightly enough so that you can't get it off, but not so tight that it's uncomfortable.

This is an experiment. I myself will not be rping. Instead, I will be a narrator type thing, meaning that I control things beyond your character's actions, ex: weather, behaviour of NPCs, and stuff like that.

Additional Rules:
1.Your characters must be completely NORMAL.
This means: No unnatural markings, No piercings, No abnormally long fangs, claws, or tails, No wings, No horns or spines
The only exception to this is the way they think. They can be as logical as a human being. They can also talk with each other, but not with other forest animals. [NPCs]
[don't worry, it won't stay normal for long]

2. You may have a backstory, but remember, your memories are faded. It can come slowly back to you, but I don't want to see a character knowing exactly what their past was after 1-2 posts.

3. There is no form, however, the information that is often provided in the form should be in your first post. In other words, your first post should include name, gender, physical appearance, and show us the basics of their personality. [Personality is something that is developed slowly, so don't try to cram everything in that first post. We should just know more than nothing.]

So let's see how this goes... xD
You don't need to wait for any kind of acceptance. Just go ahead and start posting. Pm me if you have questions.
Last edited by Kazz on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Let's try something...

Post by Alexander »

Name: Day
Species: Brown Hyena
Personality: Emotions are a bit rough to dig into for him, but he can have acquaintances. He looks more toward being isolated unless he finds someone that can really be of use if they work together.
Looks: A pale brown over topped with a darker, more noticeable and long-haired brown starting from behind his ears to the tip of his tail. He has two dark brown triangles under his eyes and two stripes between his ears that stops just before his forehead. All of his legs are a dark brown that reach up and stop abruptly where a human's elbows and knees would be. (Despite the picture shown,) his eyes and nose are both red. The male is maybe a little above average in size. He has a necklace with a very noticeable red gem pressed against his fur. (Pic: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... S_WE8v7Ih9 )

(If you don't mind, I'd also like to add my twin, Kitsune's form here. She likes to post using my account every once and a while.)

Name: Cilu
Species: Least Weasel
Personality: She vaguely remembers herself as always acting adorable.
Looks: Dark-eyed, obviously built for flexibility and jumping, actually smaller than the average young female. Summer coat being a reddish medium tawny that shines beautifully with the sun. Her lower jaw and other lower parts are covered in white. Winter coat is pure white. She has a very light blue gem that would match both of her fur coats.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Interesting. I'll make up a character and see how this goes....

◘Name: Torim
◘Gender: Masculine
◘Species: Domestic Feline [AKA, a Cat]
◘Partner: None [Just thought I'd add it]
◘Personality: Appears to be quiet and timid, soft-spoken and slightly inquisitive. Generally a nice gentlemanly cat who doesn't cause too much trouble and prefers to stay out of things. Fore thinking, a likable character, but defensive and easily offended with a touch of sarcasm.
◘Appearance: A light brown tabby with dark brown stripes, lithe and thin with large green eyes, average height of a young cat. Has a dark green gem hanging from neck.

I might just wait a little for other people to start joining.
Last edited by Alias on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The name Day replayed over and over in the hyena's head. He was half asleep as the sun shined on him with impatience. Suddenly picking his head up received a lovely patch of purple and black colors bubbling the surface of his vision. He felt horribly dizzy and sore from laying on the ground on his side for so long. He closed his eyes hard, then opened, watching the weird colors disappear and allow him to see again. He began to wonder why he had slept for so long. Day's eyes widened. He couldn't remember anything; what he did, why he's here, where he was exactly. He finally focused on the scenery around him. Everything looked green, even the ground he was laying on had thin green plants tickling his nose as he breathed. The hyena sneezed abruptly, then suddenly got up, wobbling in the process. He tried to compose himself and keep balanced. Suddenly he felt a tap on his chest, making him jump and almost squeal. He lowered his head as far as he could, unable to really see what was on his chest. This suddenly made him desire water. At least he knew the basics of survival. A sudden doubt waved through his body. His mind told him how water was scarce. He sighed, looking at the weird green plants on the ground and attempted to claw at them for the sport of it. Day began to move. Anywhere was better than nowhere. The male felt very uncomfortable with this crunching of these weird thinned leaves beneath his paws. He felt farther away than he should have been, like this place wasn't meant for him.
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Alias wrote:Interesting. I'll make up a character and see how this goes....

◘Name: Torim
◘Gender: Masculine
◘Species: Domestic Feline [AKA, a Cat]
◘Personality: Appears to be quiet and timid, soft-spoken and slightly inquisitive. Generally a nice gentlemanly cat who doesn't cause too much trouble and prefers to stay out of things. Fore thinking, a likable character, but defensive and easily offended with a touch of sarcasm.
◘Appearance: A lithe white cat with grey patches with tabby stripes on them, large blue eyes, average height of a young cat. Has a dark green gem hanging from neck.

I might just wait a little for other people to start joining.
You really didn't have to post that, though I guess you can leave it now that it's here. I just personally prefer if things like "a likable character, but defensive and easily offended with a touch of sarcasm" is found out when someone gives them a touch of sarcasm, if you know what I mean. xD

But don't take me wrong and delete it. If you went into the trouble of writing that then it might as well stay. ^_^

Also Alex, that is an excellent post. :D
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

(Thanks! d: Took me a while, then I got lazy. I'll have Kitsune edit here when she's ready.)

Edit:

A weasel, rather small in comparison, lay in the middle of what may be a plain. The female grunted softly, waking herself up by stretching against the rather muddy floor. Usually, after her morning stretches, she would know what to do today, however her mind felt blank, as if everything was deleted from her memory. Fluttering her eyes open, she slowly picked herself up. She was still unaware of all the things around her as she attempted to understand what may have happened. It was at this point when she noticed the lack of habitat she was used to. It just didn't feel right. She recognized the grass of which she kneaded beneath her paws nervously, but there was something missing, as if there was much more sky to see than average. This is when she tilted her head upwards, the sky telling her it was early morning. She looked back down. Nothing felt all that homely here. In fact, she felt quite foreign to this nature. What was her name? Kylie? No, but it seemed close enough. Dark eyes blinked, still heavily confused. She had the idea of sniffing around the area she slept, as maybe she could find other animals, or even other weasels that would help her out. She couldn't sniff anything out nor hear other movements around her. Suddenly something tightened or moved around her neck. Despite it being seemingly fragile and thin, she squealed and pivoted herself, taking off from the sudden fear building up. Something pressed more against her chest as she ran, but it didn't seem harmful. She slowed down, half hoping that she would find something relatable to her home if she were to travel somewhere else. She felt too confused, too concerned to be too far away from her last sleeping location, as maybe someone put her there and would come back with answers.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

It comes out of habit.
PS: I changed Torim's appearance.

Torim woke with a heavy weight on his flanks, and slowly he opened his eyes, seeing all colors blurred, as if everything glowed and one color fought with another. He blinked his eyes a few times, lazily as he couldn't summon up the strength to get up. The last thing he remembered was getting into a cat fight somewhere in... in... somewhere. Something must have happened, surely? Maybe Torim had died and this was another strange reality that he had to survive in. Was this death? It was certainly a strange place to go when you die, and he felt very much alive... or very much famished and tired. Torim didn't believe that you could be reborn in another world, and even if that was the case, he was still as old as he'd been before. Torim tried his voice, "Torim," he said, and wondered why he'd said it. He was trying to remember what his name was. It was Torim, wasn't it? Well, Torim it is. His voice was still the same, the same english accent, the same likable velvety voice (or atleast, he thought so). He decided that he should at least investigate this strange muddy clearing surrounded by trees, if he wanted to get any food at all. So he picked himself up and his head lowered, his tail and ears drooped with the effort. It would take some time before he could recover, but he'd try his best. Suddenly, Torim noticed something hanging from his neck. It was a dark green gem, a reasonable size, but very pretty too, and it wasn't too heavy, so he didn't bother taking it off.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Nile's ears moved slowly, taking in the all-too-quiet surroundings. His dark orange-ish red eyes shot open, and he quickly managed to stagger to his paws. He breathed in the surroundings and dug his nails into the muddy, wet earth. Where am I? he thought hesitantly and looked around. No, wait, who am I?
He took a step forward, gingerly. A object bounced lightly on his chest, moving when he did. he looked down curiously, but couldn't quite see the light object that had taken up housing against his soft, grey fur. It wasn't as if it was uncomfortable, rather the opposite, really. It was warm, and seemed to be un-harmful enough, and if it wanted to harm him it would have surely done so already. He cocked his ears and looked down at his body. His legs, lean but a bit scarred. Back, long, lean and nicely defined muscles along him, and soft grey fur covered him. Nile hung his head low and walked forward to the inviting, dark forest. The object around his slim neck bounced lightly with his movements.
Last edited by Swifty on Fri May 04, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

What is this about and if it is a clan/group/race may I join? I dont have advanced game though, but I could be a fox!
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Hehe I sound stupid :(
Last edited by Summerbreeze on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

it's a roleplay, dear.

and if you don't know what that is, google is your friend
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Summerbreeze wrote:What is this about and if it is a clan/group/race may I join? I dont have advanced game though, but I could be a fox!

◘Name: SummerBreeze
◘Gender: Female
◘Species: Domestic Feline [AKA a fox),
◘Personality: A classy beuatiful cunning fox who mates with none but the best she may appear to want to rip you face off. but she is as nice when you meet her than how mean she seems. (very!) She loves pups and kits but if you touch one of hers... she also likes being in command her hunting style is
Stealing babies and bringing them to their demise ( she likes rabbits!)
◘Appearance: Red/Orange coat white sharp teeth and black but kind eyes that tell what she has just seen.A Red gem encased with gold hanging tight from her neck.

Please read the first post. =\
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Also >
Domestic Feline (AKA a fox)
domestic feline means a cat.
foxes are in the canine family c:
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Name: Sierra
Specie: Gray Wolf
Personality: She is kind, though if she is annoyed, she is a fury.
History: The only thing she remembers right now is waking up in an unfamiliar place.

(
Summerbreeze wrote: ◘Species: Domestic Feline [AKA a fox),
◘A Red gem encased with gold hanging tight from her neck.
#1 A fox is a canine, and a domestic feline is a cat.
#2 The gem is green.) (Just thought I'd say that.. not to be "The Boss" or anything...)
Last edited by NatureHeart on Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

1000angles wrote:Name: Sierra
Specie: Gray Wolf
Personality: WIP
History: The only thing she remembers right now is waking up in an unfamiliar place.

(
Summerbreeze wrote: ◘Species: Domestic Feline [AKA a fox),
◘A Red gem encased with gold hanging tight from her neck.
#1 A fox is a canine, and a domestic feline is a cat.
#2 The gem is green.) (Just thought I'd say that.. not to be "The Boss" or anything...)
Edited the format of the first post in case anythign was unclear...