Bug RP

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

dinoman
Adult Mouse

Bug RP

Post by dinoman »

I figure, there's RP's on large scale animals, no one appreciates the ongoing war that goes on beneath our feet. Insects and arachnids fight for survival every day, and we just ignore it. I'm not a big bug fan, a lot of people arent, but I figured, why not?

Here's how it works, insects with eyes CAN see, our only exception is the termite. Of course, even if they can, some insects, like ants, go on smell to identify enemies, friends, and food.

I'm a bit edgy on bugs befriending eachother, but if its in a symbiotic relationship, I'm fine with it, just explain how it works.

Form

Name:
Species:
Rank (Applies to termite and ant. Worker, soldier, etc.):
Lives in (Ex: A tree, on the ground, in an anthill):
Friends(Your own chars or others):
Appearance(Remember, some bugs are different that others):

Okay, remember, realism,

Talking is allowed, if not encouraged, it would be boring otherwise.

But, no flying worker ants, no spiders with hearts on their bodies, no mantis' with metal claws in place of their normal ones, and no beetles wearing shoes or something.

This is set in an open glade of nothing but flowers and grass and the surrounding forest.

On the west, at the edge of the forest is a colony of ants, nothing special, just every day ants, a queen, workers, and soldiers. They hunt, harvest, all the stuff.
On the east, is a termite colony, at the edge of the forest. The ants and termites have warred for a while, and it will continue until one falls.

Many species of insects and arachnids share the area, feeding on whatever they can find and won't kill them.

So, that's it. Yep. I hope to see how this turns out.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Bug RP

Post by Alexander »

Name: Cader-Pie (Cader)
Species: Tiger Swallowtail Caterpillar
Rank (Applies to termite and ant. Worker, soldier, etc.): -
Lives in (Ex: A tree, on the ground, in an anthill): One of the smaller trees somewhat nearby the ant colony
Friends(Your own chars or others): Friends with the ant colonies. Every now and then he'll drop by with the biggest leaf he can find from his favorite tree. Other than that he's horribly shy.
Appearance(Remember, some bugs are different that others): Image
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Wow. That is the weirdest looking caterpillar I've ever seen.

Thumbs up to Japan's design for a pokemon! XD

Anyway, as the creator, I will also RP. I will be in charge in a way of the ant colony, though I will not RP as the queen, she will be played through me in a way.

My form

Name: Soro
Species: Ant
Gender: Male (Don't worry, I'll allow this. I know all workers and soldiers are females. But I don't want people to be shyed away from being female if they don't want to.)
Rank (Applies to termite and ant. Worker, soldier, etc.): Soldier
Lives in (Ex: A tree, on the ground, in an anthill): The Anthill
Friends(Your own chars or others): None, besides Cader-Pie who works with the colony
Appearance(Remember, some bugs are different that others):Image

(FEAR IT!!!!!!)
Last edited by dinoman on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro stood at the top of the Anthill, watching dragonflies pass above, beetles scuttle below, and up in the trees, he saw butterflies flutter around the branches. Workers scuttled in and out, bringing food in or going out to grab some. Soro saw a lone termite pass, and, ever ready for a fight, he charged at it, his six legs carrying him quickly while the termite blindly felt at the anthill. Soro grabbed the termite in his largeish mandibles and crushed its head before it could fight back. He carried the carcass, which had curled up from death, and dissapeared into the anthill, walking through the tunnels, greeting soldiers and workers as he went. He found the food chamber, and added the carcass to the pile of seeds, bodies, grasses, leaves, and other edible materials. He returned to the top of the anthill, and kept an eye on the workers that came in and went out, guarding the entrance in this time of no battle.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Cader-pie awkwardly sat on a twig of which kind of lowered due to his fattening self. Half of his body was reaching for a leaf to grab a hold of. He was quite hungry today, despite the size he's been lately. These leaves have always been juicy and provided him much health, not to mention shelter with plenty of food to go around. He eyed at the ant hill, of which was pretty far away considering how high he was from the ground, despite the twig laying a little lower than it should. Cader got nervous as the wind picked up, the poor twig flying with the wind. The caterpillar frantically inched his way to the main part of the tree. While calming himself down, the male caterpillar managed to climb up far enough to get to one of those big, juicy leaves. It was kind of hard to balance one with him on his way down, but it was just manageable enough. He lay the leaf down, allowing himself to rest as he carefully studied the area of travel. No birds, clear sky, windy day. The caterpillar nipped at the end of the leaf and marched his way forward, straight to the ant hill. It seemed as if he was well known there, as he has always provided good food for them. He thought of it as a generous thing to do, knowing how many ants are in this colony. He probably eats 10 times more than they do every day. It was nice and courageous to walk out in the open field to give his neighbors a friendly hello.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro and the other hill guards continououly checked the ants to tell that they were, in fact, from their colony. Soro noticed Cader inching his way down his tree with a leaf. "If you don't get over your nervousness Cader, I'd hate to see what happens when you go through your metamorphosis." He called up to the future flying bug. It was then that a worker came running up to the ant hill, with a crushed abdomen and a missing leg. "Termites..." Was all she said before she fell dead. "Gather the soldiers!" Soro yelled into the ant hill. Soon enough, an army of ants with largish mandibles began to emerge while the workers ran inside. The soldiers all hurried along the alarm pheromone the dead worker left behind, and there they were, blind insects with white bodies, orange heads, and large mandibles. The ants charged out at the termites, which seemed to be searching around for the nest. Due to their lack of sight, they were surprised and disoriented. "Their not meant for this." Soro muttered to a soldier ant, before grabbing a termite by its "throat" and managing to decapitate it. The termites soon ran away, and the bodies were carried back. "Not a smart move." A soldier muttered as she returned to the underground. Soro returned to the entrance.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Name: Sporema
Species: Black Widow Spider
Lives in: A Tree Branch
Friends: Enemy to all! Bwahaha!
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/image ... nNbMMgQ5yw
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

(EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE BLACK WIDOWS!!!!! XD)
(You can RP at anytime.)

Soro watched as the workers returned to finding food, one worker in particular began to walk up a tree to find some leaves, and it was walking into a trap.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Sporema waited for a helpless little bug to fall into her web. She was starving!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro began to chase after the worker, trying to warn it, but it was too late, the smaller ant found itself falling from an upper branch and landed in a web below. "Not good!" Soro said as he sped up and ran to the near invisible net of thread. "I'm going to try and get you out of here!" Soro said to the worker who was having a panic attack.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Sporema wanted to quickly run out on the branch to get her meal but she waited impatiently for another ant to come up.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro poked at the string the worker was stuck to, and pulled until he was free. "Watch it! You're making me dizzy!" The worker snapped. "Dizziness is the least of your worries." Soro muttered. He then began to gnaw at the string, getting stuck from one time to another on it. It was starting to cut, but he needed to be quicker, before the spider attacked.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Sporema quickly ran to the web and attacked the worker ant until it died. She glared at Soro and quickly ran to him, getting ready to attack.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro watched as the spider injected his smaller sibling with poison and quickly ran as fast as his six legs would carry him while the worker was left to writhe in pain until its insides were nothing but a bloody drink. Soro quickly ran down the tree trunk, hoping the spider gave up or he could get to his nest in time.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Sporema quickly ran down the tree trunk after the food. She was exhausted from no food, and headed back, to feast on her ant.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥