WarriorCats (Forest Home)

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: WarriorCats (Forest Home)

Post by Alexander »

The blonde warrior keeps his innocent smile as always. "Make sure your whole body is down, not just your front or back side. You also want to make sure that your body is balanced, which means no butt-ups or face-downs, always just a low crouch." He turns to Moondust of which seemed to have a good time laughing at Dawnpaw. "Maybe I should let Dawnpaw watch you try to crouch, miss?" He said a little too politely, smiling as he knew it would be embarrassing for her. He sat a few pawsteps away from the two, watching them and criticizing the way they crouched.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Cedarleaf jumped and spun around at the sound of his mentor's voice, feeling a stab of guilt run both hot and cold through his body. His ear twitched at the prospect of his medic catching him outside of camp, knowing he wasn't to do anything strenuous. But I didn't have a choice... that dark cat wouldn't stop pestering me about practicing during my dreams. What would Raven say if I told him about my dreams? He glanced around quickly, looking for his mysterious second tutor- but like the shadows, the other had simply melted away.
"Oh... ah, well, she hasn't caught me yet. And I just... felt the need to practice." He finally muttered out, avoiding the amber eyes of his mentor. Lying to this cat was almost painful. What is it about him that makes me see my brother? Why is he so... reminding? He's so different from Yin, but so similar at the same time... why? His thoughts were beginning to annoy him, and he dug his claws into the earth in an vain attempt to vanish him. So many cats here are reminding me of old times... first that tabby who looks just like Snake, and now Ravenfeather. Why can't I put it all behind me? The brown and orange tom could feel anger flare up in his golden eyes, and he hastily turned back to the tree, extending his claws out until it hurt and wincing at the strain he felt on his muscles.
You're weak, kit. This should be nothing to someone your age. The voice in his head momentarily puzzled him, until he realized that this cat was just so talented that he could invade the livings' minds.
I'm not a kit. And when are you going to tell me your name?
Once I am confident with your potential.
Cedarleaf narrowed his eyes. This isn't potential enough? He mentally spat, before digging his fully extended claws deeply into the bark and down, causing the tree's blood to pour from the gaping gashes. When he stepped back, he could feel his claws throbbing slightly and made a mental note not to dig his claws into thick bark again. Well?
I will have no doubts if you do the same to another cat. Why not practice on the one behind you? The shadowy warrior's words sent a thick chilling stream of fear through his body.
Fat chance, coward. You won't even identify yourself, and yet you expect me to attack a clanmate just because you said so? Make your deals more reasonable next time. He then promptly ignored the other, instead watching the tree sap running rivets down the bark, looking almost captivated by the golden liquid that was only a few shades off from his eyes.

Springleaf gave a bittersweet smile at his thought process. He had sounded very much like her brother, Nik- wondering if the gods would show them the way. "Mother always said that they never intervene, only watch and cause balance. Once in a blue moon they're incarnated into a living creature- and that creature is fated to expierence a life relevant to their Bob. Maybe that's what you are- just a cat housing a Bob, one day fated to spread your wings and join the rest in the stars." Her words sounded strange to her; she could hardly remember the last time she had thought so heavily over her words.
"Maybe one day, we won't have so many barriers between us- we can simply be ourselves to eachother. I would like that... but, we have responsibilites right now, don't we? I have to watch over my brother until he isn't needed, and you have your own clan to take care of." Her words grew more somber as she spoke, half regretful. I wish to leave Nik. He's never seen me for myself, anyways- he's only seen life that his brother should have lived. But this one... he's different. He's not a brother.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Ravenfeather saw the brief flash of anger in Cedarleaf's eyes, and he had a fleeting thought that he may have been the cause of said emotion. Refusing to have another breakdown (Especially not in front of Cedarleaf, because for some reason that sounds unbearably embarassing.), he shoves the possibility away stubbornly and pads quietly over to the brown tom. Ravenfeather can't help but stare at Cedarleaf's claws, embedded deep within the tree's bark. Nor can he help but compare it to the brown tom catching an unfortunate enemy and not holding back. The whole thing makes him frown and look away almost warily. Sighing, Ravenfeather pushes these thoughts away as well and racks his tired mind for something to say. Several sentences place themselves out before him, but he chooses only one. "Haven't seen Kin around." A neutral statement, not exactly a question unless responded to as such. Ravenfeather honestly wasn't expecting an explanation anyway.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Cedarleaf noticeable stiffened at the other's words, the statement bothering him slightly. "I don't know where she is... Kin is grown up now. I'm her brother, not her keeper." He said quietly- sadness edging into his voice. I've hardly even acted the part when we're alone, have I? I've always treasured the dead more than my own sister... He sat down on his haunches before lapping the sap off from his claws, scrunching his nose up at the slightly bitter taste. "Wherever she is, she'll be back. She always comes back, even if I tell her to leave and never come back." This reply was even quieter than the first- and it brought on its own memory, of when they had just started out on their journey to nowhere. I told her that I hated her, because it was her who was supposed to die and not our brother... and yet she's followed me- how can someone be that loyal to another who treats them like trash? Does it run in the she-cats of my family? His eyes gazed off into the distance, clouded with the memories he wanted to sink into and never wake up from them.

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Moondust's eyes widen and she stops laughing very quickly. "Oh, I uhm..of course." She stands up and pads over to the center of the little area where Dawnpaw's last attempt has left small scuff marks in the soft soil. She slowly crouches and-
"OH WOW!" Dawnpaw squeals, making Moondust practically leap out of her fur. Moondust whirls around and growls at the smaller she-cat, eyes narrowed. "What in the name of- Oh." Her amber eyes have followed Dawnpaw's gaze to the sky and now they fix on the dark clouds crowding the blue sky. "It was so nice out only an hour ago. Now it's going to rain?" They both frown at each other and Dawnpaw shrugs, green eyes bright. "Oh well. I love rain."
Moondust purrs to this and nods. "Yeah. It sounds really nice on the roof." She doesn't catch the confused look Dawnpaw gives her because she's looking at Thunderstrike now. "Should we go back to camp and practice?"

For some reason, Cedarleaf's words make Ravenfeather have to swallow hard against the tightening in his throat. "I never said you were." His voice came out more scratchy and hushed than he'd have liked. He glances at Cedarleaf, wondering why he would ever tell Springsand to leave him. Ravenfeather had always seen them as a pair.
Inseparable.
Slowly he lifts his gaze to the sky and stares idly at the darkening expanse of blue, barely registering the looming gray clouds and what they would bring. For once he wishes it would stay nice and sunny. Rain only meant he'd have to go back and face Tornear. Sighing quietly, Ravenfeather stretches and turns back towards the camp, looking at the ground when he speaks, "I'm going back to camp. Weather doesn't look like it's going to be very today.."
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Cedarleaf pricked his ears at the weather statement- I’ve always hated water. His mind flashed back to when he was a kit, when he hated the water almost as much as he did now.

"Scaredy-cat! it's just a bit of rain. What's water ever done to you, Nik?" purred the small Himalayan tom-kit, his eyes twinkling with amusement as his brother mock-glared at him. The other kit was under the bush, curled right around the stem. The rain had caught them both by surprise, and Nik was terrified of it.
“I just am… and Momma said that you shouldn’t play in the rain like you do. It’s bad for your breathing.” He muttered sulkily, glaring at the thick raindrops dripping from the bush.
“Everything is bad for my health, Brother,” the smaller pointed out. “I’ve always been weak. But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the things around me.”
“It’s weird for a cat to like rain.” Nik complained, shivering slightly as he tightened his curl around the bush’s base.
“No it’s not. At least I can explain why I like rain- Kin’s always complaining about Momma not telling her where kittens come from.”
“Kin’s just silly… she’s always been that way. Too curious and too annoying… and why do you like the rain so much?”
“She’s our sister, Nik- we’re all silly in our own ways.” Yin snickered slightly from the edge of the bush’s covering, occasionally batting at the rain as he thought of how to answer his brother’s question. “I’ve always liked the rain, I guess. Even though it makes me sad. Momma told me that when it rains, it means a Bob is crying.” Yin sighed sadly as he repeated what their mother had told them.
Nik wrinkled his nose at that. “There are lots of gods, though. Wouldn’t it rain more if there were so many who could be sad?”
“No, they’re usually content.” Yin’s ears perked up again, back to his usual self. “They only cry when one of the earth-walking gods is sad. Hosts, I think is what Momma called them. Y’know, when a Bob is born in some living being?”
“So you like the rain because someone else is sad?” Nik was becoming confused- his brother hated when someone else was suffering even if he didn’t know them.
“No, no- the rain shows that even the gods can be sad, and not everything goes right- not even for them. That’s why I like the rain. You should think of it like that, Brother- the next time you get caught in the rain, you’re being surrounded by the emotions of a Bob.”
Nik blinked and stared at his brother with slight surprise. “I never really thought of it that way.” He murmured softly, only then noticing the rain had begun to ease up. With a purr, he leapt at his brother, earning a shocked but happy squeak in response. “Maybe can learn to like the rain, too.”

Cedarleaf's eyes snapped back to the present, relizing that his claws had begun to sink into the earth on their own accord. Somewhere out there, an earthling host is sad. He thought bitterly, glaring at his claws for a few moments before looking back up at his mentor. "I'll go with you," he muttered. "I Never really liked the rain." He paused again with his mouth slightly ajar, wondering if he should take Kin's advice and tell this cat about their past and the origin of his nickame. He contemplated it for a moment before shutting his jaws and trotting to his mentor's side on their way to camp.

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Betelgeuse gazed at her, his heart hardening, aching maybe. "That's right. I do have Vile to take care of, and you have your brother." He stops to silently brush against her, almost friendly-like. His eyes hardened, the heart of the leader returning. He stood, turning to her. "We will see each other again, I'm sure of it. As long as you stay safe and healthy, your angel will be there for you. Alright?" The male lifted his front left paw and landed it gently on her forehead if she let him, his eyes softening for a second until he retreated his paw. As soon as he did, he nearly jumped at the random plop of a rain drop hitting him square on the head.

Thunderstrike stared at Moondust's position for a moment, only to be interrupted by the adorable Dawnpaw. He quickly looked up, the sky, a rain drop on his eye. He nearly shrieked, however his voice cracked horribly and cut off his voice, laying himself down and using his paws to rub down from his eyes to his nose. Ears perked at the word roof, the knowing feeling washing over him. It was as if he may have known that sound while in his mother's belly. "Let's go back. Hopefully it'll stop soon enough for us to continue on for a hunt. Let's go inside the warrior den. I'm sure it'll be a similar sound that you like, Moondust." He carried on a friendly smile, acting as if his shriek simply never happened. If his face were hairless, his whole face would be bright red. The male immediately took off to the warrior den, silently but horribly embarrassed.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Ravenfeather glanced back and caught a look of what he presumed was Cedarleaf's dislike towards the possibility of rain. The black and white tom's whiskers twitched. Nearly everyone in the clan disliked it when it rained, but he wasn't one for a sunny day. It's not exactly very nice when your coat is as black as night and an hour of sunlight makes you feel like your on fire. With rain it's different. You can always warm up from being wet, but you can't get out of your fur if your hot.
When Cedarleaf agreed to his mentor's plan to head back and voiced his distaste for wet weather, Ravenfeather felt a bit proud of himself to have guessed it. Cedarleaf seemed to hesitate about something though before he joined Ravenfeather, and when the tom didn't enlighten him, the mentor frowned. You seem to have so many secrets, he thought while they padded back to camp.

Moondust jumped slightly and turned towards Thunderstrike, a questioning look on her face. She opened her mouth to ask what that sound was, but seeing him paw at his face to get the water off made her clamp it shut to stifle a laugh. Dawnpaw snorted beside her and Moondust gave her a shove. Another drop landed on Dawnpaw's ear at that moment and the apprenticed squealed, darting to the side and away from Moondust. She scowled at the older cat's amused expression.
The two she-cats padded after Thunderstrike, both nodding in agreement. "You'll like it in the den, Moondust. I'll bet it's really nice having your clan mates beside you," Dawnpaw mewed almost wistfully. She was alone in the apprentices' den and Tinykit wouldn't be joining her any time soon. Moondust didn't understand that there were seperate dens for apprentices and warriors, but Dawnpaw briefly explained it to her, also touching the subject of the Medicine Cat's den.
"So you have a cat that specializes in healing?" she meows, awed by the thought that a cat would actually know all of that. She had only been treated by other housefolk at a place called the Vet, and it wasn't all that nice.
"Mhm. Leafpool is her name, and she has an apprentice named Jaypaw." Dawnpaw mewed. Then she muttered, "He's blind, but he can hear and smell everything, so there's no sneaking around him." Moondust looks at her with surprise evident on her face. Even blind cats had a place in ThunderClan...
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Springsand perked her ears slighlty at the casual touch. "Don't flatter yourself, your head is big enough as it is." She purred with amuesement, before her eyes grew a bit more serious. "We will see eachother again- if not some other day, then after we're truly free. I'm sure of it." Her heart ached, but she did what she always did when she felt pain. She put on her happy-go-lucky pokerface that only her loved ones could see through, and covered all emotions with a fake bliss. She turned away with a single longing glance at the tom, before turning away and treading back to the camp, disregarding the falling water.
It was easier that way.

Cedarleaf followed his mentor, mulling over his thoughts. He wanted to speak- but he didn't want to be looked down on for his curiosity. His brother was the only one who had taken him seriosuly- his father had only pretended, and his sister wasn't serious enough to hold such a conversation. Besides, what would I tell him? 'Hey, Raven, I've been seeing my brother instead of my sister, and I've replaced you as a teacher for some creepy dead cat. Is that okay?' The tom snorted at his thoughts, flicked his tail slightly as a light drizzle began to come down around him. He opened his mouth many times to speak, but decided agaisnt it.
Your being a coward, Nik. For such a bold fighter, I never pegged you to be so emotionally weak. The whispered sneer made the orange chested tom jump and look around for his other mentor, but was greeted with only the green undergrowth. The other was in his mind again. Cedarleaf narrowed his eyes before finally deciding to speak.
"Do you believe that the dead still watch over us? Or do you think they move on in the afterlife and forget about us?" He murmered quietly, barely loud enough for his mentor to hear his words.

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The tom grinned. His head was pretty big, and of course he knew it. "Soon." He commented back, though slightly concerned with the weird feel of pain coming from her. Was it her expression that made him read this? Noticing her smile relieved him. It was nice to see such a strong she-cat, knowing how to control her emotions. He guessed she was used to it. He blinked, trying to erase the fluttery feeling in himself and managed to turn away. Ears hot, he began to walk out of the scene, the feeling of desperate eyes lying behind him as he forced himself to continue. The tom growled at anyone whom was near him as he plopped himself nearby the fallen tree, angrily biting at it. It was obvious he was in a horrible mood.

Thunderstrike entered the camp. Nearly everyone was gone, probably in dens waiting for the rain to pass. He looked and noticed his old mentor, lying on the ground with the saddest eyes. He made sure their eye contact wasn't easily seen. "Uh, guys, how about you stick around in the warrior den. I forgot something important." He made no time to wait for their reactions, however casually walked to Tornear. He pawed at his side, trying to push him over.
"Get up, old tom." The blonde warrior joked, laughing.
The 'old tom' looked straight into Thunderstrike's eyes, them glaring with the slightest bit of pure anger.
"Hey, get up. Don't look at me like that.." The blonde told him, encouraging the elder as he poked him continuously with his paw.
"Leave me here. I'd rather die off here in the rain than to be pestered by you." The elder meowed in an old, grumpy tone.
"Why are you talking like that? If it's something that serious I suggest we talk." The blonde began to look worried.
"Starclan forbid my own son hates my guts! If I dare tell you I may as well stab my own heart or drown myself in Riverclan's water!" It was easy to tell how serious he was. It was a shameful act as a warrior, or any clan cat, to commit suicide.
The warrior was astonished by these actions. And a son? "....What?" The blonde tilted his head in pure confusion.
"You're about the stupidest petty kitty pet I've ever met." The elder snickered, eyes possibly crazed by this point.
The blonde's eyes grew serious. His tone was soft, but clear. "You dare tell me this again?"
"I would but, you know, it'd be sad to see you get beaten up by your own elderly teacher. Kitty pet." He laughed at the last two words, quite loudly actually.
A low, serious growl ran through Thunderstrike's throat. It took all it could to not simply slit his own elder's throat right then and there.
"Go ahead. What's left for me to be here anyway. And what would your reputation look like. I mean, you're already a kitty pet, so what difference does it make for that poor reputation of yours if you simply kill me, right here, right now?"
"What on Starclan has gotten into you?! What's making you say these things?! Have you gone mad?!" The blonde burst in flames at his anger, it roaring through his body like wildfire. His claws dug into the ground. He was shaking, thinking hard, but he was losing it already. The tom lunged, claws widely spread out and quick like a snake as he grasped onto the elder's pelt and tore right into his skin, pinning him into submission down to the ground and biting as hard as he could onto his neck. The elder wailed underneath him, eyes in pure shock. What had he done to himself? The elder cried as the claws dug in further, the soft, always-smiling Thunderstrike shedding the outside skin of him and releasing his inner beast. Of course Thunderstrike wouldn't kill him, just making the elder look submissive. He held him there, heaving while his teeth dug into the side of the elder's throat.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Ravenfeather's ears pricked at the question, and an odd sense of guilt ran through him. He doubted the question had anything to do with his belief in StarClan, but it still made the black cat uncomfortable to think about it. He had always been taught to believe in his warrior ancestors, but anymore, all his prayers felt like useless thoughts sent up to the sky to wander and find nothing, or be answered by anyone. It just made things easier for him to, in turn, ignore whatever religion the Clans held dear and just do what he was here for. Fight, hunt, teach, and whatever else was asked of him. No cats in the stars were ever a factor in where in placed his paws before, and Ravenfeather figured he'd do just fine without them now.
Tipping his head upwards, the tom blinked at the sky and gave a nonchalant shrug. "I find it all hard to believe, nor worth my time if you really want to know. No gods or ancestors help me bring home food for the clan when the weather gets rough, so I don't really worry about who's watching me from up there. Whether it be my mother and father or just the sun, moon and stars." He winced after he realized what he'd said.
He gave a flick of his tail to signal their arrival at the camp entrance and ducked through the small tunnel. He set up a mental plan to avoid Tornear at all costs, but as soon as he emerged in the clearing, it was all washed away. The amber-eyed tom gaped at the scene before him. Rain that was beginning to soak his fur was forgotten momentarily as he willed himself to move. He launched himself towards Thunderstrike and his father and lunged at the yellow tom holding the elder down, aiming to take him off the frail cat. Confusion swirled in his head at that moment. Hadn't Thunderstrike been close to Tornear? As close as he should have been?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Thunderstrike's fangs ripped from Tornear's fur as he was taken down. He was gasping, wind being knocked out of him. "He's gone mad!! He's gone mad!!!" The blonde tom screamed to the heavens. The elder weakly brought himself to stand up, his neck bleeding a little, but Thunderstrike didn't bring himself to bite the elder tom harder. He huffed, noticing what Thunderstrike was aiming to do and watched him scream as Raven was over him. As the elder blinked, he turned, attempting to forget about the scene and enter his lonely elder den. Thunderstrike was heaving at this point, then banged his head against the hard, cold ground, fighting back tears with pain scrunched in his face. He then tried to roll over if Ravenfeather would let him, Thunderstrike wanted to run away from the scene and speak of nothing else.

Betelgeuse's eyes lowered as he studied his group. A stray wandered into our territory, a member told him. He had slashed at his member and growled, growling at why he couldn't drive the cat away. He said that it was a pretty female, and she didn't look like trouble. The leader then had rolled his eyes and scolded him once more. Now the leader was pretty much guarding their camp area alone, sharpening his claws more and more with that fallen tree. He heard a rustle not too long ago, so he wasn't sure if something was hiding, or there was pray nearby. Whatever it was, it was pretty bad at hiding itself. Cat ears poked out from not too far away. They weren't anyone's he could think of at the top of his head. For a moment he was worried it would be Kin, but the closer the ears were, the more the leader felt a mix of relief and disappointment. It was that wandering she-cat for sure. His grumpy face began to mix in, eyes lowered in a bored and irritated manner. "Come any closer and I swear your head will be piked on our camp." The leader said rather grumpily. The she-cat's head poked up. "Who are you?" She asked, her smile made him rot in disgust with emotion. Happy-Go-Lucky my fox-dung.
"I'm Betelgeuse, the leader of a group of thieves called Vile. You've laid yourself on our territory. One of us has spotted you, though spared you for the sake of hoping you would find your way out. Is it common of you to just walts in to a territory without even checking its territorial markings?"
"I can't smell." The she-cat said, confused.
Betel couldn't help but to laugh. "You can't smell? How useless can you be if you can't track down prey with scent?"
The she-cat's whiskers twitched. "I have amazing stealth. My ears are more sensitive because I can't smell. The sound I get kind of makes my eyes see a vibrated source ahead of me. I noticed you and wondered if you would be friendly." Her last few words sounded of disappointment.
The leader was amused. This she-cat was definitely one-of-a-kind. Heck, maybe she can be a little Queen for the group. "Come here, let us talk." The leader told her, kind of with 'open arms.'
They begin their talk. Apparently this she-cat was a part of Windclan but when someone told on her lack of smell, Onestar had kicked her out. This was great for Betel, he had someone to talk to because they both had the same sort of instance, and in the same clan. He asked her if she would like to join the group even though she was kind of young and wasn't exactly a thief. She was stealthy, though. She said that she will stay over night and think about it, see how things go and how she's treated.
(From the whole "Queen" part, I feel like Kin would have the sudden "I feel like kicking Betel's butt now, but I don't really know why.." but he really means for the other members chosen by him to do such a thing.)
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

(Herpderp. The Kin part of me just went all spazy and rage-afied. Also, I have the prolouge out for the story I'm writing on this. It's on the writing topic. I changed Clan part of it around though, and I might pm some of you if I need advice on what your character is like. I'm still working on chapter one...)

Cedarleaf trotted alone with his teacher, mulling over his thoughts and beliefs. He hardly even noticed the rain- it was simply another hindrance to him. I'm starting to sound like Snake...
The tom's ears pricked when he heard screeching, and the moment he entered the camp his eyes went wide. There, in the middle, was an elder and the bright yellow tabby he vaugely remembered. He watched in shock as his mentor tore Thunderstrike off the elder cat, and finally came to his senses as he saw the tabby trying to forget himself. He narrowed his eyes, an emotion he vaugely recongnized budding in his heart before he shoved it away. The yellow eyed cat glared at the tabby and approached with a twitching tail. "Just what were you trying to do? Isn't that your clanmate?" He muttered softly, confusion echoing in his voice along with the scorn.

Springsand raced through the forest, taking a route that should lead back to her home. She had managed to catch some prey- a mouse and two small birds. They tasted slightly watery in her jaws from the rain, but food was food. The clan was probably used to this anyways.
Her thoughts began to circle around a certain Vile leader, having free reign now that she was no longer distracted by hunting. What if he just forgets about me? What if we never see eachother again? Gods, what should I do... resentment began to grow in her body, wishing for nothing else than a different life. Even if she wouldn't have met Betel, surely any other life would be better than this- it was like throwing a juicy mouse right in front of her after weeks without food, and then not allowing her to take it. She was held down by her duties to her brother. He hardly even acted the part. Even after all the months of travelling, Springsand still could sense his longing for someone who was long dead, probably still buried under the warehouse they had last seen him...
Heck, even Yin had a better life- he had been too selfless to pick apart the fairness of his own. He had been lucky.
The she-cat shook her head to clear her thoughts, seeing the entrance of the camp up ahead. Hopefully no one comments on my fur... I must look like a drowned rat by now.

Snake paced laps just outside the Vile's camp. It would have been amusing to any other sane cat, but as Harmony had once said, Snake was anything but sane...
Not like it mattered anymore. She was dead. Long dead. He may as well except his lack of emotions and be done with it.
The so-called mighty clan of Nobodies didn't even notice him. Even from here, he could hear the annoying voice of Scamp- or was it Scandal?- complaining about how Snakeskin was never around, and how he should be pulling his own weight rather than purposefuly trying to anger his leader...
Where was Betel, anyways? This would have been so much more amusing had the leader of the Nobodies been around and stalking about, tail fluffed out and seething over what he would do when Snake finally came back again...
Grunting, Snake continued his pacing, hoping something of interest would happen to him soon.

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

(Rofl. d: I'll be on xat all day today and tomorrow, just that I have this SAT bootcamp thing for four hours (1-5 PM, today is already done).)
"Why don't you go get used to our territory while you're at it. There's more prey off to the right, and more two-legs doing their tree-falling business behind us." The she-cat nodded, stood and walked out into the woods to the right. The leader returned to his obsessive scratching at the tree, thinking deeply while doing so. At this point he simply didn't want to be bothered by anything. All of a sudden Scandal was in-scene. That was the last thing Betel wanted.
"So when are you going to get rid of that ol' Snake?" The teen asked.
"I'll drive you out before I do the same to him." Betel replied annoyingly.
"Why? I hunt for Vile every day while Snake does nothing for us. What does he even benefit us for?"
"He's a member of our group and is obviously ten times more useful than you." The leader snickered, daring the teen to say anything more.
"How is he any better than I at all? I bet I have more stealth, smarts, skill, you know, I'm all good. I'm professional." The teen said with complete and absolute confidence.
Betel ripped his claws from the log and pivoted himself to meet Scandal, swiping at him without any mercy and crouched over him. "The day when I find you professional is the day when you can avoid not being the one thrown in the mud all the time. Any one of our members can dominate you in the blink of an eye. How many of them can you dominate? What can you dominate? A little bug? Are you so sure, so confident that you can do anything to think you can tell me when I should drive Snake away? Or anyone else? Listen to me when I say that you are the first I would kick out in any situation. You are the most useless, bratty, and unprofessional little kid I've ever met in my life. The next time you speak to me with such overbearing, lying confidence, I'll have your head shown for others to see when they set paw on this camp. The truth is, when you die, you will not be remembered within a day or two." The leader whispered angrily into the teen's ear. The teen was trembling, scared to his tail-end and frozen in place. Betelgeuse stared right into his eyes, daring the teen to say something. Scandal remained silent other than the shaking of his body against the cold ground. The leader smirked, got off of the petty little teen, and returned to his beloved fallen tree.
Scandal simply laid there, frozen in fear.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Snake's ears flicked at the sound of a certain nasally voiced cat, and turned his head to see the famliar fallen tree in camp. From here, the other side was invisible- but his ears told him clearly enough that his leader and Snicker-Doodle were on the other side.
Snicker-Doodle... that's close enough to his name, right?
The tabby yawned, stretching his front legs out and feeling the familiar ache of his shoulder scar. The ache was almost pleasureable- it meant he was still here, even without a needed purpose. Every breathe he took was another fact that no one needed a reason to live.
Or die, for that matter.
Snake had often thought of what Death must be like. Was it the darkness- comforting, dark, and always watching? Or was it the brightest light out there, the purest of whites?
Harmony had always said it was neither, that those who refused to see things in between were the truly ignorant ones...
And Snake had always scoffed at her, always said Why waste time in looking into such pointless matters, and then they would be on the move again.
Leaf-green eyes narrowed slightly at the memories he had never shared. If he had feelings, he would know that he felt stings of guit- someone had once cared for him, yet he had been unable to do the same.
His kits had a good reason to hate him. It would be no surprise if Nik hated him- Nik had always been the most emotional of the three, the one who had lived in dreams and hopes along with his brother. Kin had only ever tried to be just like her dad, and the betrayal would till the ground for seeds of hatred...
And then there was the runt, the tom mused to himself silently. Little weak Yin, who never gave a mouse-tail about his own happiness. The runt had always been sikly, but refused to have any hatred for any being. Even has his father had turned his back on him, all he cared about was everyone else...
That one was like Harmony. That one was the one who had annoyed him the most. Snake was so deep in thought that he didn't notice the figure of another walking towards him, small, lithe, and tinted silver-blue in color. The other cat looked no older than seven moons, when he was nearly three years old now.
"Care to share your thoughts?" Came the soft voice. Green eyes met the pale blue orbs of his companion, and the older blinked. This was another of the Vile- just another nameless face in the crowd.
"I haven't shared my thoughts with anyone for almost a year. Why should I start now?"
"It's unhealthy to keep questions pinned inside your mind. Eventually, your sanity will break from it." The smaller cat's voice was monotone and nearly as uncaring as Snake's.
"If it does, then I will go on living as whatever I will be then."
"You really are a pessimist, aren't you?" Snake felt his claws twitch at those words. They were hauntingly familiar, words that had once been a frequent saying of an old travelling companion.
"And you've always been a mind-reader. Betel probably only invited you because he knew you could scramble anyone's mind."
"Perhaps. But I am no mind-reader. I simply take the time to observe others and get to know them without actually conversing with my comrades. I pick apart their minds from afar, while you only bother to remember the name of our leader."
"You talk very formally for such a midget. Betel is no different from any of you- he's just another hindrance that can pass time, much like you or Spam."
"I was the runt of my litter. You are familiar with runts, are you not?" Snake's slight tense was all the answer the smaller needed. "Scorn is merely a young creature who is unsure of his place as of yet. He looks up to both you and our leader, you know- all he wishes is to be acknowledged by you both. However, his current acknowledgements are unlikely to be the kind he seeks..."
"You know alot for such a small kit. Can you tell what my wishes are, just by looking at me?" Snake was almost curious now. He had known that this little wordy tom was smart, but the fact that he could tell what you wanted by just observing was quite interesting.
"You wish for things you do not have, even if you pretend they are meaningless. It's quite apparent by the way you act."
" ... You are very smart, aren't you?" Snake muttered.
"I cannot give you everything you wish. Only a few- sanity, to name the first." The intenstity of the blue was nearly captivating, a trap to any moth who wished to drink the light. "If I wished, I could pick apart your brain here and now, then feed them to the crows."
"You're more tolerating than Squeal... but why pick me to brain-pick?"
"Of everyone here, Snake, onyl two interest me- Mink being the first, and you the second. I cannot see inside Mink's mind, nor will I try. You, however, are very fascinating- with merely a look you cause our leader's fur to spike, or send others scurrying a way. You hold no emotions, yet you wish you did. Those are reasons enough to know how you think."
Harmony would say this is the start of a beautiful friendship, even if this pygmy kitten was tearing her brain apart with his own... An ally wouldn't hurt too much. "Pick apart my brain if you like," Snake spoke slowly and clearly. "But this doesn't mean I will tell you anything about myself."
The borderline sinister smirk on the tiny critter's face was all he needed for an answer, and he knew what would be said before the tiny cat even spoke. "I don't need you to tell me anything. I know your past like the reflection of myself."
And Snake knew that the variance of physcos was much greater than he could bother to imagine.

(OOC: D'awwww! Snake made a FRIEND. I cannot even begin to express my pride in such an accomplishment.)