WarriorCats (Forest Home)

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Re: WarriorCats (Forest Home)

Post by StarWolf »

Cedarleaf stiffened slightly at the other's words, shuffling slightly. "Yha... you're right. We were born in a fox den." He muttered casually. Of course we didn't know what a fox was back then... I didn't even know what colors were. The thought made him wrinkle his muzzle with slight amusement. "As for amazing, not really. Me and Kin... we weren't very close as kits. She was always hanging off our father. I hated him. He was always pretending... with... with everything." His tone turned slightly angry, edged with a growl. "Mother was an idiot for staying with him. She knew how he was- he was a two-faced, heartless rat. Still is, probably. He's a stupid cocroach, but she stayed." He spat slightly at his claws, now unsheathed. And she's dead too, because of it. Her and Yin both. "Why would anyone stay with someone who obviously didn't give a mousetail about anyone else?" He murmured lowly, half to himself.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

-That night...-

Ravenfeather's amber eyes were somber as he listened to Cedarleaf. They flickered down to the brown cat's paws where they studied the angry reaction to the memories of his father. Ravenfeather's charcoal ears twitched at the word 'pretending' and wondered briefly what Cedarleaf meant. How can any cat pretend to care for a whole family? Ravenfeather wasn't sure it was possible. Cedarleaf and Springsand were so...he didn't know the word. Lovable? He pushed that away, feeling his ears warm at the thought.
He focused back on Cedarleaf's tale from then on, not worrying about the pitch black sky. The black cat was tired but knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, even if he tried. Hesitantly, he settled down beside Cedarleaf. When the brown tom stopped, he silently mulled over the question.
"Maybe she thought he did love her, he just didn't know how to show it?" he offered, blinking up at Cedarleaf.

-The next morning...-

Moondust purred contently in her waking dreams, even though they made little sense. Her dreams never did, but they were always nice. She eventually pulled herself from dreamland and blinked at the morning light filtering lazily into the Warriors' den. For a moment, she simply focused her light blue gaze on the dust particles dancing in the shafts of light. It was so calm during the morning here. At her old home, the dog would be barking and her house-folk fixing food. She decided this was a much nicer way to wake up. Curled up in a mossy nest, handsome yellow tom breathing peacefully at your side-
Handsome yellow tom?
Moondust swallowed, suddenly realizing how close they were in the nest. She clenched her teeth and slowly extracted herself from the moss bed and picked her way over into the one beside it. She gave it a careful sniff to confirm it did not belong to anyone on the patrol she had heard Graystripe gathering this morning, and settled down into the soft bedding. Most of the nests were empty, she noticed. Was it late for a warrior to be rising? She doubted it. Dawn had only just broke an hour ago.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The blonde, with his nose stupidly dug into the ground, suddenly uncurled himself and not quite noticing his tongue lolling out as he searched for Moondust. He stood there dumbly, finding her just next to him. He figured that she left without him this morning or figured out a better spot to lay on last night, the second option probably true. He slowly figured out the position of his tongue and fixed it, then his bed head. He got the crazy but shameless idea to scare her awake, not thinking for a second that she might already be. He crept on her side, then hopped and pounced with his belly landing on her back, laying on her with a big ol' silly smile.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Cedarleaf let his limbs go lax, not caring if his companion could see his emotions in his eyes.
After all, he wasn't Snake. He had emotions and could use them.
"He never felt anything. Nothing at all. At first I thought he was just weird; he would randomely lash out at our mother for the silliest of reasons and would get all moody and not come back for a day. Kin didn't care, she kept looking at him like a hero. Yin tried to make me understand... but I couldn't." His vioice grew quieter, finding it easy to blurt out everything once he had started speaking. "When my mother died, Father didn't care. He grew more and more distant, till one day he just upped and left us- then the two of us were on our own." Because I was too much of a coward to even try and help Yin. "You probably can't tell, but... once, I told my sister I hoped she would die. Because she never did anything. It should of been her who had died when he left, and not..." His voice trailed off, eyes growing glazed and somber. "She just followed me though. Didn't care if I constantly told her I hated her guts. She told me the same thing each time- that I was stupid and without her, I may as well be dead. We used to hate eachother so much..."

Snake flicked his tail lazily in the morning's light, glancing ever so breifly at the small blueish tom next to him.
"So, this is where you come every morning?" The smaller's voice was slightly high pitched, suiting his size, and his sky-blue eyes stared at the slithering reptiles only fox-lengths away.
"Yes. It calms me." This earned him a soft snort, and the blueish grey cat glared at him for a moment.
"You don't need to tell me. I already know that your namesake is what makes your mind at ease. You only started coming here after you joined up with Betel, though. It must seem curious to outsiders."
"Curiousity killed the cat, Scythe. Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong."
"Hard not to. Your thoughts are quite loud and clear." There was a slight pause, then. "Your daughter was here not too long ago- she's not far now." Snake could feel his muscles twitch, and the blue eyes that was observing his every move. Being allies with... this thing is more than a bit unnerving.
"Like I care. You know about my past already. You know how little I care for the kits I helped create."
"Indeed. You felt nothing for them. That doesn't mean you didn't want that."
"What do you know?"
"Much more than you ever will, Snake. Your daughter is probably now pretending she doesn't know your here. Better it be that way, don't you think?"
Snake grunted and continued to stare at the black creatures sun bathing themselves on the rocks. The adders were decent company, and they couldn't weave their way under his pelt like Scythe could.

Springsand leapt over log after log, mouth filled with fur and feathers of her catches- A sparrow and two mice. Not grand, but not too bad either. Skinny mice were better than no mice.
Her thoughts were soon sidetracked into thinking of another cat, and soon she found herself misjudging a jump and tumbling over a log. She picked herself off the forest floor, spitting in rage as she reclaimed her prey. Darn that cat! Even though he's not here, I can't forget about him... She mourned slightly, wishing she had just saved herself all the inner griping and joined up with Betel. Everything would be so much simpler then, she thought to herself. No siblings to worry about, no family members to cry over, and no Gods to impress. Just us.

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Ravenfeather frowned at Cedarleaf's forlorn expression. He hated seeing the brown tom looking so dejected. Not knowing what to say or how to console Cedarleaf, he opted to simply listen intently, knowing that it can be just as effective as words. Ravenfeather found himself realizing how good he'd had it, how he still had it. His parents, blood or no, had been loving and kind. They had always been there for him.
When the subject of Springsand came up, he was shocked to hear they had been so distant with each other. He wondered if Cedarleaf still thought that way, but he quickly shoved the question from his mind. Of course he didn't. They were past their differences now, weren't they? The thought of the two siblings still hating each other, despite the way they conversed and joked with each other.
Sighing, Ravenfeather pressed against Cedarleaf in an attempt to comfort him. "Had I been in your situation, I don't think I would have made it this far to be honest."

Moondust yowled in surprise when a sudden weight descended on her. She clawed at the moss to try and gain some ground but quickly realized that whoever was laying on her was far to large to be moved. Then she caught the overwhelming scent of none other than Thunderstrike and huffed, going limp. "Get off me, twit!" she growled unceremoniously, ears back to accompany the scowl on her face. Some cat that had still been sleeping muttered something that sounded oddly close to 'Darned hyper love birds ruining my sleep'. Growling in embarrassment, she tried to buck the tom off, but the attempt proved futile.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The yellow tom enjoyed her reactions, simply staying still on her as she yelled at him. "You're cute when you're mad." He smiled, knowing she couldn't hate him for long. The way he looked and his overall personality, when getting to know him, made him unforgettable to anyone. He quickly picked himself up, carefully got off of Moondust, and looked out to meet the den's entrance. "Time for hunting!" He said aloud, not even considering anyone else sleeping hearing him. He didn't really wait for Moondust, imagining her hate against him. He darted right into the apprentice den, fishing out Dawnpaw right away. "Dawwwnnnn~" He called for her softly, pressing his nose against her pelt and nudging her awake.

Betel turned over, the morning Sun peaking from the trees annoying him enough to finally make him stir. He lazily picked himself up, looking quite miserable from his tireless sleep. He was by this point beyond bored and frustrated. He hated being a leader now, as it prevented him from being as sane as he wanted to be. He felt connected to Kin, but also to this lame group. If he were to be with Kin, he'd have to give up his group of thieves to live with her, as he has her stupid father living with him. He grunted, getting up and pacing, willing to lash out an anyone that would consider bothering him at this moment. What if she never came back? What did he have that was so special, that stood out from the other male cats, that would make her come back for him? He sighed, looking at the patch of grass in front of him before clawing at it.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Moondust sat up and glared at him as he slipped out of the den to go and wake Dawnpaw. She got up and dusted herself off and grumpily stalked out after him. Stupid, stupid git of a tom! An exasperated sigh escaped her as she emerged into the warming sunlight of the clearing and sat down to wait for the two. It was nice out here during the early hours, she noted. Sunlight spilled into the waking camp and warmed the dusty soil underneath her paws. Yes, she purred, nice indeed.

Dawnpaw didn't budge at first, despite having heard her mentor's soft calling. She wasn't a morning person until after she'd ate something. When he didn't leave, she reluctantly sat up and glared at him groggily. "I'm up. Now go away," she muttered, pushing past him to head out of the den. She went straight to the fresh-kill pile, ruffled fur and all, and plucked up a mouse.
After eating, she groomed her messy fur and bounced over to Moondust, emerald eyes sparkling. "Morning!" she purred. Moondust flicked her ear with her tail and smiled. "You don't need much to put you in a good mood, huh?" Dawnpaw shook her head and proceeded to prance around the pale she-cat, head and tail held high.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Thunderstrike blinked. What's up with girls and them always having weird moods? He asked himself, pushing it aside until he walked out of the den to meet a happy Dawnpaw eating her meal. What..? How.. when? What? The blonde had an undoubtedly stupid yet confused face. He looked at the sky in an attempt to recompose himself. He was a little nervous to confront Moondust and Dawnpaw by this point, wondering if they'll have a bad mood again if he were to talk to them again. Holding a sigh, he turned to meet the wooded area, wondering if they would follow their mentor as he wandered in for prey.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

"Honestly, I didn't have much of a drive to keep going. But He told me to go on and try to live. So, I did." Cedarleaf muttered, carefully leaving out who He was. Just the mention of his brother's name or the small flash of pale, fluffy fur was enough to throw him back into what his sister had named his 'Blackouts', seeing as he had to relive the memory before being able to be back in the real world.
He narrowed his eyes. As if he'd share one of his largest weaknesses with anyone other than a witness of it...
Casually, the ginger-chested tom stood up, ignoring the desire to just press himself into the other and forget everything else. I blame Kin for these weird thoughts. Stupid tree-pouncer. "We should go do something, get our minds off this. It makes it easier." He spoke in his normal monotone voice this time, erasing his emotions almost as well as his father used to, trying to ignore the painful claw digging into his heart and the annoying Voice in his head telling him to ditch this sorry excuse for a teacher and go train some more.
As far as he was concerned, the Voice could go chase its own tail.
"You're supposed to be my mentor. What should we do?" Cedarleaf directed his voice at his mentor while staring ahead, proceding to stretch out his muscles that had gotten slightly cramped from lying down.

Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

((OOC: A wild Alrai appears!))

Name: Crimsonclaw
*Personality: Highly ethnocentric; interested in little more than her own amusement and betterment.
Looks: http://laranga.deviantart.com/gallery/29334263#/d38l7ca
*History: Born to a small group of cats which, sadly, didn't value togetherness. Eventually found an unsocial life to be quite preferable.
*Family: Forgotten

Crimsonclaw's leg twitched; her ear followed suit. Breath crawled into her lungs, and with lazy slowness swirled the dirt near the cat's nose away as it sluggishly exited. The gentle contraction of wakening muscle moved to her snout, where whiskers bobbed in protest to the waking, and then toes, which soon moved to stretch into the dirt beneath. Eyelids opened to the realization of the feel of cool rock pressing against the feline's back. Crimson let a small groan leave her maw, sight flicking about the woodlands before her. She allowed one last sigh to escape before lifting herself, knowing quite well that sticking around wouldn't do her well. Thunderclan wouldn't take well to the discovery her trespassing. After managing to stand, the female trotted off. Consciousness was but half existent, nose thoughtlessly sifting through the air for some breakfast. Delicious snake seemed to be in the distance. Direction of course was changed. Rocks appeared as she approached, and brightened did the smell of her desired food. Sadly, there seemed to be two bodies already there eyeing her meal. Step was lightened, as to avoid detection. Nose attempted to identify the two, only to come up with slight Thunderclan tones masking a mad mix of random locations. Considering they were indeed in the clan's territory, it would only make sense to bring some of their smell with. She chuckled at the thought; these two likely smelled quite alike herself. Rogues. She waited, examining the two. They seemed not to have much hunger, or perhaps just no intention to eat. She rolled her shoulders, and then strode towards her food, the felines in the way. Being quite cordial, she managed a low growl in greeting to the bump in her way as she approached.
"Always be present."
-?
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

((OOC: -Throws masterball at wild Alrai- Lesse who the slave is NOW))

Snake's ear twitched and his fur prickled slightly when he heard a low growl. For a moment he thought it was that annoying orange fluff ball- Spazz? Spoink?- but the growl lacked the recognizable nasally tone. Claws tightened in faint annoyance at having his reptile-watching disturbed so early on.
"Adders are poisonous, you know. I doubt eating one would serve you very well." The quiet high-pitched voice of his companion cut deeper into the broken silence, though the blue-grey tom continued to stare ahead at the slithering black snakes, and Snake let out a small sigh before scoping out his newfound stalker. The tabby swiveled his head around and forest-green eyes locked onto a dark shape behind the pair, the growl still resonating from it. His eyes narrowed slightly, wondering why he couldn't just have a nice peaceful day of watching the Snakerocks without being bothered by something. First Kin, then Scythe tags along, and now this thing...
"I assume you have business with us?" He growled back at the blackish colored smear, "I don't think you're part of the vile, are you?" The tom was tempted to add on a more sarcastic reply, but lacked the feeling of need to shed blood- barbed words or barbed claws, the result would probably be the same. Stupid cats marching in on me during the quiet... it truly defeats the purpose of looking for a good place to relax when they all come to me anyways.

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

((OOC: An Alrai? On my topic? Madness! And lol the last time Raven and Crimson met, he was promptly owned. :c ))

Ravenfeather's amber eyes narrowed in confusion as he tried to work out who Cedarleaf had been referring to, but then it occurred to him that the name had been left out for a reason, so he let it drop. As Cedarleaf got to his paws beside him, Ravenfeather bowed in a long stretch and sat up as well. He winced at the remaining ache in his legs and shook himself.
"Well," he started, looking around thoughtfully. "It's about time for the Dawn patrol. We could go with Thund-," Ravenfeather stopped, the name suddenly getting stuck in his throat. He coughed and tried again, tail twitching irritably. "We could go with those three." He then nodded towards Moondust, Dawnpaw and Thunderstrike.

Dawnpaw pranced around Moondust in one last circle then bounced towards the camp entrance, mewing something about 'Dawn patrol, Dawnpaw patrol~♪' and disappeared after Thunderstrike. Moondust snorted and stood up, following at a more leisurely pace. She glanced in Ravenfeather's direction and the two locked gazes for a moment. Moondust's fur bristled and she scowled at him but didn't stop.
After emerging into the forest, the she-cat was brought to a stand-still as she gazed upwards, blue eyes blinking in astonishment. She hadn't realized how beautiful the forest was. How did these cats not get lost? The undergrowth was so thick and lush, and the scents so potent. Moondust blinked for a moment, trying to sort her thoughts, then bounded further into the foliage to find Dawnpaw and Thunderstrike. After fighting her way through a few ferns and bushes, she emerged beside a busily-mewing Dawnpaw and their mentor.
"And did you know ShadowClan eats frogs? Frogs! Can you believe that?" Dawnpaw piped, shaking her head. "But that's not nearly as bad as-"
"Hey, Dawnpaw," Moondust interrupted.
"Oh hey Moondust! What do you want? I was in the middle of a sen-" she began with a slightly irritated expression.
"Shut up."
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

(Trainer Alexander swiped the Master Ball away. "That's my Pokemon!")

The blonde warrior couldn't help but to stand there and smile while Dawnpaw's mouth ran faster than a monster speeding down Thunderpath. Eyes slightly widened to see Moondust in the corner of his eye, ears hottening as he nervously looked away as far as his neck could handle it. He pretended there was something that caught his eye, and he struggled to find a reason that would fit with it. Moondust's words made him smile a little, wanting to laugh but knew it would be a bad cause. He pressed against Dawnpaw and then lifted his paw to sort of point at a direction. "We could use that energy of yours to see your first hunt, Dawnpaw. There's a little movement over there, so let's see what you remember from yesterday and we'll start." Thunderstrike glanced for just a small second at Moondust, forcing himself to continue his focus on Dawnpaw a little more, but instead his mind blanked out and he couldn't think of anything. He couldn't focus,. His eyes were wide, but he still couldn't focus.

Betelgeuse growled, frustrated at how Snake hasn't been around for quite a while. At first he was happy because he didn't need to hide his nervousness when he met his daughter, and.. nevermind about that. Anyway, he is over that nervous period now, and his anger has built up so far that he may as well screech demented words at him for never being around to the camp anymore. He needed something, or someone to vent to. The male swiped at everything he could find; ferns, flowers, bits of trees, anything. Nothing was enough, he wanted to scream at the sky in pure anger. A daunting secret crept into his pelt, and he wanted to either get it over with in his head or continue to push away the thought. He knew he had a very strange feeling toward Kin. It was obvious, there was no way he could get around that. He wanted her to be there, but he also wanted to push her away. Then the next step of the thought process was that he didn't want to push her away, not at all. He wanted to invite her, but he's always been so closed down that it was really hard to make that sort of commitment. At this point he wanted to go find Snake and scream at him with all his lungs would allow, but he felt too lazy to even bother an exploration. Instead he decided to shake it off yet again and to go hunt.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

(-Throws mud at Trainer Alex- Begone, you sniveling poke-theif! >:u)

Cedarleaf eyes the cats in front of him. The smaller she-cat reminded him of his own sister, minus her random gloomy mood swings and suggestive hints her sick mind managed to come up with. She's much more... innocent looking. The overly bright tom came off as a slightly dense idiot. Then the third she-cat...
Cedarleaf narrowed his eyes when she glared at his teacher. She must be the arrogant one of their little group. He noted his teacher's hesitance when it came to saying the name of who he thought might be the other tom, trying to ignore the concern and bitterness he felt. "You two are arguing?" His words were more of a statement than question, and he flipped his ears back slightly when the Voice started snarling in his head, something about half-clan hybrids not deserving to live in a clan, and how Cedarleaf should just ditch this stupid excuse for a feline and practice his claws on the other's shabby pelt. The ginger-chested tom shook his out of annoyance, wondering if this voice would insist on annoying him for much longer. I wish it would just take the hint and get out of my body. I only need one conscience right now.

Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Crimsonclaw shifted her forward motion to the side of the two cats as she approached, sliding in a semi-circle to their side with a smile. She let her growl die to replace it with a voice in a dark tone of equal mood, . "A snake's bite may be poisonous, but its flesh is a different story." The cat that spoke first was given a questioning look, as if questioning his mental capacity. She blinked, stepping over the first tom's pitiful attempt to deter her before directing her words to the other. "I have no business with you; these snakes are not yours." And with such dismissal, she dismissed his obvious question of her involvement in.. whatever his little group was. She noted its name for future reference, "The Vile", but thought little more of it. She fully intended to pick one snake off, but first the task of moving past the two possible hostiles had to be accomplished.
"Always be present."
-?