WarriorCats (Forest Home)

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: WarriorCats (Forest Home)

Post by Alexander »

The yellow warrior gently nudged Dawnpaw with his paw. "We're here too early, Dawnpaw. Let's wait until Firestar arrives, okay?" He smiled, pacing right out of the Gathering afterwords. He noticed a few looks, all looking at him as if he were a joke (due to his family being kittypets, all the clans know about it). Thunderstrike found that Ravenfeather was there early as well. He shook the sadness away and simply smiled, then kept going, sitting down where he felt he had enough room to gaze at the ground and think of his recently dead father.

Tornear lead the way for the new Apprentice, keeping his smile friendly. "I'm sure Firestar will find the right mentor for you, Griffonpaw." He felt sorry for the apprentice. "We're almost there, we'll have to wait outside though until Firestar leads us in. Maybe after we get back you can talk to Firestar and see if he's made a decision." He hoped to give Griffonpaw some hope.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Dawnpaw jumps at the sudden nudge to her flank and can't decide whether to feel releived or not when she looks up to see Thunderstrike blinking at her. She perks up when he simply says to wait a bit for the leader, as she was readily expecting a bit of a reprimand. Dawnpaw decides she'll wait next time anyways, it being the proper thing to do and all. The tabby crouches a few meters away from her mentor, eyes fixated on the oaks.

--

Ravenfeather watched Dawnpaw jump and is surprised to see she is simply herded back a little ways. Then he realizes that he's never really seen Thunderstrike mad or upset. Not until he receives a few funny looks from some cats obviously not in ThunderClan. Ravenfeather doesn't know why, but he has to force his fur to lie flat as he pointedly pads over to sit beside Dawnpaw's mentor, being sure to flick his tail at the other clans as he does. He knew Thunderstrike couldn't possibly be that well-guarded against insults, despite the smile that seems to always be there. Ravenfeather wasn't the only cat to lose a parent this year. Thunderstrike's loss happened far more recent than his own, and Ravenfeather couldn't remember being able to pull even a ghost of a smile from his mind.
"How is my sis- um, Dawnpaw's first day going?" he meows, glancing at the apprentice.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Thunderstrike felt startled at Ravenfeather's attempt to speak to him, however he quickly recovered with his friendly smile as always. "She's been great so far, the adorable little thing. She seems to have a lot of fun learning the territory and climbing." He paused, taking a glance at Dawnpaw. "So... how have you been lately?" The yellow tom suddenly asked, wanting to keep the conversation going.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Being somewhat rusty as far as socializing goes, it takes Ravenfeather a minute to respond. He tips head head thoughtfully, "Better, I guess. Leafpool was right," he considers stopping there, but feels compelled to enlighten, "Only time can heal the mind after things like that." He eyes Dawnpaw, who seems preoccupied studying the trees. In some odd way, he knows exactly what she's thinking. How far she would have to leap to get a good grip, one that wouldn't let her tail touch the ground and tempt her into letting go. With a slight start, he realizes it's because of her resemblance to their mother that makes her expression so readable. It's enough to make him drop his gaze and think of another thing to kindle this small flame of a conversation. "How about you? New apprentice and all, especially if she's as lively as you say, must be exciting," he asks, finding that he enjoys talking to another cat much more than skulking in the shadows as usual.

--

Dawnpaw's ears twitch at the sound of a young tom's voice, one she faintly recognizes and turns to look behind her. She scrambles up and away a few feet, green eyes wide and then remembers she's at a gathering. What the other clans must think of me, scared of my own clanmates!
She forces herself to sit and calmly observe the black cat who she'd seen earlier. Maybe she'd mistaken a casual glance for a glare. Besides, Thunderstrike wouldn't talk to bad cats, would he? That reassures her. Besides, bad cats in ThunderClan? What a ridiculous idea!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The yellow Tom gazes at Ravenfeather, actually kind of surprised he would acknowledge talking to him this much. In fact, he felt glad of the thought. "That is true. I'm glad she's been doing better these days. Her mother would be proud, I'm sure." He smiled with an innocent touch to it. "Well, I feel that I'm being acknowledged by other cats a little better..." Thunderstrike takes a second to glance at the cats that appear to no longer pay attention to his presence. "I also feel glad to pass down some of Tornear's and my own techniques down to Dawnpaw. She seems like the kind of apprentice that would match my techniques fairly well, as well as developing her own along with it." Noticing Dawnpaw, he gives her a very welcoming smile.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Haha, look's like I've been reading too much Sherlock Holmes. Jaypaw is now officially ThunderClan's consulting detective x]

Jaypaw weaved amongst the crowd with Wolfeye tagging along behind him. "You're not going to talk to anyone here?" She meowed when they found a quieter corner. "Not really–" Jaypaw began, but he was interrupted by another voice.
"Hey!" came the voice of an apprentice. By the scent, he knew it was from a WindClan cat, and it was a she-cat. She smelt of the wind in the moors and the rabbit she ate before the gathering. He could tell she was a new apprentice, seven moons at least by the pitch of her meow. She must be inexperienced but friendly to simply walk into another cat and say a greeting randomly. Her mentor is a tom, telling by the scent of her pelt, as apprentices usually walk with their mentors while they explain everything, especially on their first gathering.
"Hello," Wolfeye answered for him, with a small nudge on Jaypaw's shoulder. "Be social," she hissed in his ear.
"I know, it must be really weird on your first gathering, it's my first one too!" The apprentice purred. First gathering; affirmative. Hah!
"It's not my first," Jaypaw muttered, half to himself. "You're WindClan aren't you?" He said a bit louder.
"Yep! And you're ThunderClan right? You smell of the trees." WindClan; correct.
"That's right. Judging by your tone of voice, surely you must be quiet experienced already?" Flattery always works on idiots.
The apprentice chuckled. "Nope, I'm only seven moons old, but one day I'll be the greatest warrior ever!" Seven moons old. Precisely.
"Oh, I'm sure," Jaypaw meowed, forcing a friendly tone. "You must have a great mentor then, where's he now? Surely the Clan deputy?"
"Haha! I wish, but no. He's that tom over there, Cloudpelt, he's called, and a great mentor too, you're right!" Mentor is a tom, Jaypaw, you're a genius.
But he wanted to get the final answer he couldn't have worked out. "I'm Jaypaw," said Jaypaw.
"And I'm Runningpaw, great to meet you," said the apprentice cheerfully. "That must be Cloudpelt calling for me, I'd better go. See you later Jaypaw!"
"See ya later..." Jaypaw mumbled wryly. He felt Wolfeye's piercing gaze rest on him.
"What was all that about?" She meowed.
"What? You wanted me to be friendly."
"Not that friendly, you were enough to scare a squirrel out of it's tree. How alien of you Jaypaw," Wolfeye said, puzzlement edging her voice.
"What does she look like?" Jaypaw interrupted, changing the subject.
"Regular tabby, green eyes. Rather small and thin, like all WindClan cats are. Her mentor Cloudpelt is a grey and white tom, blue eyes."
Breathing out a long sigh of content, Jaypaw relaxed, enjoying his triumph.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

GriffonPaw felt some what comforted by the old Tom, yes she would ask FireStar about it later. As they neared their destination, fear flashed across GriffonPaws face as she saw how many other cats there were and she shrunk backwards against TornEar. No! she thought, giving herself a mental shake; she was a thunderclan cat and she held her head and tail high, soon wandering to explore, however still staying close to her clan.

OnyxPaws eyes narrowed warily as she spied the other clans, however she copied the rest of shadowcats, soon boldly striding forward. She suddenly became aware that the area was rich in healing herbs and plants, padding off to study them; she may be mentor less right now, but it hadn't stopped her teaching herself some basics.
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

(Clever Jaypaw. d: )
The old tom smiled at Griffonpaw, giving her the comfort she needed when she was nervous. He kept a close eye on the apprentice as she wandered around, then resting a little when his hind legs began to ache again. It was easy to tell that he was in pain, but he was a hard headed tom that would never let anyone tell him that he's old.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Dawnpaw was considering the action of starting a conversation with Thunderstrike and the black tom, but her eyes caught the figure of her new denmate Griffonpaw. They had been apprenticed together, but she hadn't spoken to the other very much. Now the other brown cat reflect Dawnpaw's initial shock, then controlled her features. Dawnpaw couldn't recall who Griffonpaw's mentor was. Shouldn't they be guiding her now, on her first gathering?
Murmuring a quick "Excuse me," to the pair, Dawnpaw stood and padded over to the lone apprentice and flicked her ear with her tail tip. "Cool, isn't it?" Dawnpaw purrs, gesturing to the groups of cats around them.

--

Ravenfeather watches Dawnpaw bound over to a younger apprentice and wonders if his presence made her do so. Shaking the thought off, he turns back to Thunderstrike and nods. The mention of their mother doesn't hurt as usual, but leaves a warmth in him that he relishes. "I think she will be a very valuable warrior to ThunderClan when she's older." The thought of Dawnpaw a tall a proud she-cat makes Ravenfeather purr quietly despite himself.
He catches the glance given to the other clan cats that seemed to have been giving Thunderstrike trouble and his sullen amber eyes narrow, "I'll never understand why other clans feel the need to criticize. Your an excellent hunter, most likely better than any of them," he mutters. Ravenfeather's eyes find the ground and his ears twitch, feeling odd to compliment Thunderstrike.

((OOC: Sorry if the writing is clunky. Probably because I've written it three times but Firefox froze on me every time. -.-))
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

(So, havnt been on, I explained on my Ice Age roleplay if you want to know why. So what's happened so far? I wont roleplay until I catch up Ohhh plus I'm addicted to Skyrim... hehe!)
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

"Very!" the kit enthused, "Although I wish I had a mentor though. Oh well doesn't mean I can't reach myself!" GriffonPaw spied a low tree and, determined tI do what she could, launched herself at it. To her delight she managed to land a good amount from the ground and with some slipping and sliding, managed to go a little further and launch herself onto the lowest branch. Despite it being the lowest, she found she was frozen to her confined space, the distance to the ground seeming so far when she looked down! Although wanting to be able to get down herself, she began to mewl in a panicked fashion.

OnyxPaws ears pricked at the noise of a cat in distress. Seeing it was a thunder kit stuck up a tree, she rolled her eyes thinking to herself that it should learn to climb before attempting it and went back to her plants.
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

((OOC: @Sillybear: We're just waiting for the Gathering to start. And Skyrim addiction is the best addiction ever. c:))

"No ment-," before she could speak, Griffonpaw was gone in a flash. Dawnpaw gave a squeak of laughter and bounded after the younger cat. She crouched at the base of the tree, watching her climb and the crawl out onto a branch. Dawnpaw watched for a moment with a confused expression when Griffonpaw halted and seemed to be stuck. "Don't move!" Dawnpaw cries, launching herself onto the bark and climbing with confidence to the low branch. She crouches beside Griffonpaw and looks down. "Just jump. You'll land on your paws, I promise." She meows encouragingly.
Last edited by Ayashe on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The yellow warrior looked back to see Dawnpaw, then looked back at Ravenfeather. "I also believe she'll be a valuable warrior. I'm proud to be her mentor." He said thoughtfully. "Hahahaha! You bet I am!" Thunderstrike meowed with confidence, a huge smile plastered on his face. "They laugh at me because my parents were kittypets. I was only spared because they hoped I would carry my father's genes." He planned to stop there, as he felt like he was saying too much. It's nice to vent a little, but not when the one you're talking to could probably care less.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Ravenfeather's tail flicked in amusment at his comrade's sudden outburst. Thunderstrike was so easy to please. Maybe a little too easy, but it was hilarious either way. Ravenfeather blinked when Thunderstrike seemed to be ranting a little bit, but decided he deserved to be a little, if not very, angry. "Kittypet blood or no, it's none of their-," he growls the word and looks directly at another clan cat, "-buisness, to be honest." The black tom stretches his forepaws out before him, feeling satisfied with the faint hiss he receives but otherwise ignores it.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

(Some of us have already made it to the Gathering. We're waiting for FireStar and your characters to arrive.)
The yellow tom purred. "Either way I'm happy with my life. With a bad beginning, surely I'll have a good ending!" He mewed with confidence and pride. The tom watched Ravenfeather growl, making the tom bite his lip for a second at the thought of how they would react in return, however it seems like they haven't responded much. Thunderstrike felt relieved to be accepted by a cat he just met. Even his mentor was a little rude until he found out just how good of a warrior he could be. The thought relieved him. A true friend, maybe. If only Thunderstrike weren't so awkward.