Dragon Roleplay

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Re: Dragon Roleplay

Post by SilentEcho »

Venom sat next to a tree on the outskirts of his territory.Watching the clouds move.He wasn't in the mood for hunting or exploring, so relaxing was how he was going to spend his time.He sat there, alert to his surroundings but still totally calm

((I heard a gunshotty noise and I'm too scared to go to sleep, might get sniped D:
EDIT: they were just fireworks, so I might try to get to sleep, but staying up until 3 sounds tempting.( ))
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Karaku felt droplets of rain patter on her skin. She didn't mind rain, as long as it didn't interrupt her occupation. Reaching Karr Kepios, she shook the water off and sat in the darkness beneath the cave entrance's shelter, breathing out cold, icy breath and watching as the rain in front of her froze and dropped down in icicles. She sat there, impassive and unmoving like a stone.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Corbeau lifted his blood-covered snout skyward as rain began to fall gently on his fur. He waved his tail in satisfaction knowing the water would run right off his coat. No longer did he had the soft gray down of a hatching. His fur was as waterproof as any otter's. Corbeau sat in the rain, licking his paws and rubbing his snout clean of the blood from his meal. Then, with his fur straightened and feathers preened, he sprang back into the sky with a joyous roar, enjoying a flight in the rain. He pushed against the storm winds, feeling the familiar tug on his wings as a challenge.
Corbeau continued flying until the rain slowly stopped and left the world blanketed in a quiet darkness. The moon did it's best to chase the night away, but only did so much as to send a soft glow upon the sky. Corbeau blinked tiredly and landed on the crest of a hill, shaking himself. He peered behind him at his mountain and decided it was too far.
The blue dragon slumped down in the grass and stretched, almost cat-like, before laying still. He kept his eyes open, though, enjoying the midnight sky.
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

Jade huffed in irritation at the erratic behavior of the weather. There was no point in sunbathing, when the sun vanished from sight every few moments. And worse, a cold rain was pouring down from the heavens, buffeting her scales. How did furred animals deal with it, the rain soaking them to the bone? It baffled her. At any rate, the day was quickly coming to it's end, and soon it would be completely dark. Her night vision was rather poor, so she didn't want to risk flying in the dark- it would probably be best to just settle down for the night where she was. She made her way to a bramble thicket and curled up, her scales protecting her from the plant's thorns. Any passing creature would probably mistake her for a boulder if they didn't notice the steady movement her breathing created.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Venom moved back into his cave after the sudden rain soaked him. Now that it was night, Venom decided he'd get some rest, but only for a few hours, night was a great time to watch the humans in their villages. Venom liked humans, they provided lots of food for dragons. Their sheep and cows were stupidly easy to catch. Although humans seemed liked selfish beasts from a far, he was sure there was some good in them. Nonetheless, Venom saw them as prey, but eating humans was risky, so he did it rarely.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Corbeau found it hard to keep awake after a hour or so of laying in the soft grass that whispered hushed words as it swayed. He found his eye lids drooping and his mind becoming fuzzy. With a heavy sigh, the dragon accepted defeat and let the night engulf him in a swirl of colors, faces, and voices, all vaguely familiar in some way or form.

-i-

Morning came in the form of a softly lit sky, a symphony of birdsong and the scent of dew. Corbeau's nose twitched once, then again. He stirred, shaking off a dream of fresh meat, and lifted his head. Droplets of morning water shimmered on his coat. He shook himself, sending the glittering specks flying all around him.
After giving himself a quick wash, Corbuea was airborne, twisting and turning in the warm air of day. He didn't particularly like the sticky effect last night's rain brought to the air, but he enjoyed his flight nonetheless. Spotting a herd of cows in the distance, Corbeau went to investigate. It was odd for humans to bring their cattle so far out. Especially out into dragon territory. He knew his presence had not gone unnoticed since his return. The mountain he claimed as his home was no ordinary mountain. It was unnamed and unowned as far as the humans were concerned, but a precious metal they sought had once been sighted close to it's peak. Before Corbeau made it his, two cities had been fighting over who would set up their mines there first and reap the rewards. Now it was a matter of who would slay the dragon.
All this he had picked up from the unguarded minds of travelers along the roads, and it dismayed him. He wondered now if it was a good idea to get so close to one of them, but shoved the doubt aside. A cow or two would be nice to stash in his cave, where they would be kept cool and fresh until he needed them. Now might be a good chance.

((OOC: 'Kay that's getting too long. I'll continue it my next post unless something (or someone) else interferes.))
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

When Venom awoke it was morning, he'd overslept.The young dragon was barely affected by oversleeping, but he liked to keep some sort of routine.He walked out of his cave and launched himself into the air. Venom loved the morning, everything seemed calmer than it usually did, and he liked to survey his surroundings when the day was new.

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Karaku was eager to see nightfall, and immediately took flight. She saw the villagers lighting fires to guard them throughout the night, and Karaku ignored them. She was aiming for the cattle. As she glided closer, her scales blending in with the night, eventually she expected to hear the shouts of; "Dragon! Dragon!" Karaku ignored their cries and darted towards the cattle, who were now running in different directions, filled with fear, as the humans tried to calm them and lead them to safety. Karaku breathed hot fire, stopping them in their paths, and rounded the cattles up in a circle of flames. Then she let the heat die down in her body and breath out again, her breath now cold as dead, it paralized the cattle, and allowed Karaku to carry as many as she could, away into the night.

-Next morning-

That night, she enjoyed a good meal of four cows, and left the rest in the food pile she kept. Satisfied, and when the morning came, she slept peacefully. Karaku is nocturnal, she preferred life in the darkness, where no one could see her soaring across the night sky, the light of the moon and stars stroking her back as she flew high above the clouds. She didn't always get the chance to have a care-free night, but a few times a month kept her spirit going. Stifling a yawn, she let sleep wash over her like a black wave.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

As Venom began to fly over the village he saw humans panicking.Venom used his illusion powers to cloak himself temporarily Ree ska yer. As he flew deeper into the village he saw the charred remains of humans.He lowered himself and hovered over an old lady talking to guards,curious as to what'd happened. The lady was telling the guards of a huge dark purple dragon who'd burned her son. At the worst time possible, Venom's cloaking spell faded, and everybody saw him. He flapped his wings as hard ad he could and lifted himself into the clouds, barely dodging arrows that quizzed past him. Venom was going to find Karuku and try to convince her that burning that village was a terrible idea. "Karaku!" he roared as loudly as he could. Attempting an escape he dove into a random cave on the side of a mountain.Karuku seemed wise, surely she knew that the humans would hunt her down?

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Karaku woke instantly to the sound of her name. Standing up defensively, she looked up, seeing the familiar figure of the wyvern she'd met. Sighing, she drew herself up, her dark stormy eyes preparing to meet his when he came down.

Not much to write...
Image Image Image

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Venom heard the noise of a dragon moving.Hoping it was Karaku he followed the noise until he discovered a huge cave, complete with water. Standing in the center was the unmistakable dragon. The Wyvern hopped towards her and asked the huge female calmly: "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

"Killed?" Karaku growled in her usual deep tone. "Believe me, it's not the first time I've come in close contact with humans. I get on fine. Yes, they will attempt to hunt me down, as they did for the past 1000 years, and failed miserably each time..." her face grew into the frown. "Coming to think of it, the last time I interacted with humans was at least a 100 years ago..." She looked back at him. "How can you expect to understand?" She turned away to look at the water source, gleaming in the dim light. "I've been hunted down all my life. You are too. Humans hate us because they fear our power, you can't expect to befriend them." Her dark eyes flashed impassively, and her face was in a way so expressionless it seemed she hardly ever smiled. Being confined to a cave, what more could one expect[?]
Image Image Image

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

"Are you holding a grudge or something?"Venom enquired, confused by Kakaru's words "You didn't need to kill those innocent people to get the cows?".Venom wasn't a pacifist, but humans were intelligent to some extent an didn't deserve to die for no reason. "Some family is out there, crying over the loved ones who were burnt to a crisp by your flames.Look, I can see why you wanted those cows, but all the murder was unessacary, you know they can 't hurt you.". Venom was probably going to get beaten to a pulp by Karaku, she probably thought he was ignorant.

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Karaku was amused by his bravery in speaking out against her. She tilted and lifted her head. "You are brave. I'm impressed," she said quietly, in an almost dangerous tone. "I mean no direct harm to human life, I aimed only for the prey that would preserve my life. Any other damage I take no responsibility. I rarely kill unreasonably, besides, humans kill dragons whenever they have the chance. If humans are as intelligent as you say, I hope for their sake they'll wisely flee from a hungry dragon." Making it clear that she would bring the subject to an end, she fixed her gaze back on Venom. "So, you haven't told me why you have come to Karr Kepios."
Image Image Image

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

"This is Karr Kepios? I just thought it was some random cave"Venom awkwardly said sliding his tail back and forth on the ground. "I came to talk to you, I thought you didn't know that humans will hunt you down.Clearly you know more about humans than me"."I guess you can get to back to um...whatever it was you were doing"He said, frowning .