Amur Leopard Sanctuary (ALS)

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Amur Leopard Sanctuary (ALS)

Post by Hope »

Amur Leopards (More sites will be very helpful!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amur_leopard
http://bcb706.blogspot.com/2007/03/why- ... opard.html

Olivia Ryan, the 26 year old Amur Leopard keeper, built a sanctuary for these beautiful solitary hunters. The sanctuary just opened up and so far has only one cat. Soon it will be opened to the public on weekends for donations.

NPC's
Olivia Ryan (owner/founder of Amur Leopard Sanctuary)
Joe Peters (pen A keeper)
Susan Murphy (pen B keeper)
Summer Quail (pen C keeper)

Pens
Pen A: Males, long cool river floating through with plenty of fish. A small forest in the corner and the rest grassy plains. The males are fed three times a day.
Pen B: Females, lot's of shade with a cave filled with clean straw every afternoon, fed three times a day and clean water in the trough once a day.
Pen C: Mixed pen, three caves and lots of fresh straw, small pond with frogs and fish in the middle and a forest around the caves.

Form
Name:
Pen:
Looks:
Personality:
Mate:
Offspring:
Siblings:
Parents:
History:
How do you come here:

Name: Winter
Pen: B
Looks: Normal Amur Leopard, brown eyes, white paws, brown and black spots.
Personality: Shy but playful, has the personality of a cub and loves to adventure.
Mate: ---
Offspring: ---
Siblings: Only child
Parents: Doesn't remember.
History: Doesn't remember.
How did you get here: Was orphaned as a cub, found by Olivia which gave her the idea of making ALS.

News! (Updates and news about ALS)

New Pen and Keeper might be added later on. The rescue team is starting up to look for new Amur Leopards.\
Leopard vet appointments! Females: next morning, Males: two days. (Roleplay time)
Last edited by Hope on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Alpha Ridley
Adult Mouse

Re: Amur Leopard Sanctuary (ALS)

Post by Alpha Ridley »

I'm not sure if I will join, but I'll make a RP if it's alright with you.
Please join my Okavango Delta RP!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Name: Cledwyn
Pen: Pen C
Looks: Looks as if he should be a Prince. His coat shines beautifully in the light and his muscled features make him look charming and attractive. (Like me. d: )
Personality: Cledwyn may be a bit narcissistic at times, can be very playful, doesn't mind living with others until he finds a suitable mate.
Mate: -
Offspring: -
Siblings: His sister, was killed by a poacher.
Parents: Both were killed by poachers, they were with his sister.
History: Cledwyn came from a very loving and protective family. He was there when the poachers came to kill off his family, and probably even him too if they didn't run out of bullets. Once taken by humans, he's realized that not all of them are so terrible, as he thought of getting revenge when he was healthy. Instead he realized that they were doing this for him, not for their selfish reasons.
How do you come here: He was found a few weeks after the poacher incident in a very horrible condition. He had starved and was very dehydrated, so the people were able to capture him easily as he never fought back. Since he's been here they've been taking care of him with plenty of water and food. Right now he's in a fairly good condition.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

(Accepted, start role playing whenever you want :D it would be exciting if you started role playing when your inside getting tests done and stuff.)

Winter sat in the corner of Pen B waiting for Olivia. She did this every morning since the Sanctuary opened. Winter purred when Olivia opened the gate and waited for her fresh piece of sika deer. Winter rubbed her head against Olivia's hand and Olivia sat with her and told her a story. She told her about sailing across the Pacific, exploring the caves in the Amazon, and climbing the Andes. Winter loved these stories even though she expected the Andes or Amazon to be right next door. She didn't know the world was so vast and dangerous. All she wanted was a little action in her life.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

This application is based off true events. As the star of the documentary growing up clouded leopard was transported to a zoo in Tacoma Washington for a breeding program. Success was obtained as this star clouded leopard now has cubs of her own. Best part is this place is close enough to home to go see them and there an endangered species. Even though this character is based on a true story i'm going to change the name to something i like. Also the age to something more suitable for me.

Name:Pedro
Pen:A
Looks:looks like and is a normal clouded leopard
Personality:Kind,caring,has respect for people and other leopards,and can often be lazy or laidback and sometimes even kind of shy.
Mate:none
Offspring:none
Siblings: Sumalee and Sabah
Parents: Chai Li and Nah Fun
History:does not remember...
How do you come here: Was born in captivity at the point defiance zoo and aquarium in Tacoma Washington. Was raised there then at 23 months old was seperated and shiped to this santuctuary in hopes to preserve the clouded leopard species

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

(Sorry but this is only Amur leopards D:, I guess I could accept you though since your a friend :D)
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Name: Arabi
Pen: C
Looks: Strong and graceful, with thick, golden fur with black rossetes. Her pale grey eyes are inquisitive and pretty, as is her face.
Personality: She was originally a very feisty and feirce young girl at first, but once she reached the age of around 2, the sanctuary mellowed her a little. She is now quite intelligent and kind, however she certainly still knows how to fight. She knows how endangered her species is and just wants them to survive, which is why after a little longer in the sanctuary, she allowed her sweet side to show, knowing it would get her put in pen C to breed. She gets on very welll with the keepers who often play with her and get her out of the pen to show to visitors.
Mate: Searching
Offspring: None yet, but wants some
Siblings: Sister: Kachiri (dead)
Parents: Mother: Zamica (dead) Father: Kulah (Dead)
History: Poachers found her parents cave when she and her sister were cubs, they killed their parents for fur and body parts and sent she and her sister on a truck to be sold as pets illegally. Her sister died on the journey, thankfully the police was found out and stopped about halfway through and she was sent to the sanctuary. She only speaks of the horrors she saw with those who she is close to.
How do you come here: Look above
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

SillyBear111 wrote:(Sorry but this is only Amur leopards D:, I guess I could accept you though since your a friend :D)
ok thanks for the exception I thought this was general leopards. I thought Amur was part of the sanctuary name since never in my life have I heard of an Amur leopard. I guess you learn something new everyday. :?

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

(Hmm.. I'll see if I can try that out. xP I guess I shall start when they've just brought him in and are testing his health and stuff. I tried looking up exactly how they examine big cats, but can't find anything on it. Oh well.)

The dozed male didn't even flinch in alarm when the cage he was in was brought down to the floor after a long, bumpy ride. After seeing 2, 3 humans nearby him, he began to pant from anxiety. What were they doing to him? He felt a small pinch somewhere on his back, but it only took a second to forget exactly where, as his body fell limp and he was more dazed than ever. Another pinch, though it was on his arm this time. He could feel something cold moving up his arm (IV, I've had it before *shivers*) and not much later did he fall asleep. After waking up, Cledwyn quickly rose himself after the quick realization that he had been taken by humans. As soon as he got up his head felt dizzy. What a dumb move, he should have known he was dehydrated. Getting up quickly made his eyes blacken for a few seconds as he stumbled for balance. Something which filled his nose immediately made his mouth water. Meat. He watched as a human came near his cage (which no longer had a ceiling and was much bigger) and dropped the meat in, then hesitantly walked away. Cledwyn hungrily dug into his meal, not minding the humans at the moment.
As he was eating, a human had taken a long, noisy bit of stick as if they were measuring him or something. The leopard was too busy eating, so he didn't care what the humans did as long as they didn't take his meal away from him. He could hear the humans communicating with each other, one calling out to the other as it stared at the stick. At that point Cledwyn was already done eating and decided to lay down and either examine the humans or to look away bored. It seemed like they were preparing something for him as they were linking the cage he was with to the outside world. His heart jumped for joy, hoping to get out of this human-filled place. The door to his cage opened, and so did the entrance to Pen C. The leopard happily made his way into Pen C. The more he looked around, the more he began to question this place. Were they keeping him here? He went back to the entrance of Pen C, however the entrance was closed. He picked himself up so that he was balancing himself on his back two paws, and used his front two paws to grasp onto the entrance of the cage and use his weight, hoping that the entrance would open. The humans simply smiled and maybe even laughed a little at him, though stayed there to examine how he'd do in a Pen like this one. Cledwyn simply gave up begging the humans to let him free, so he went back down to all fours and tried to make this place comfortable to him. He made his way into the forest and went in to the first cave he could find to get some rest.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Arabi padded about her new enclosure, sniffing and scratching at everything. She had only been moved into Pen C from Pen B and was still getting used to it, settling on a rock by the pond and watching the prettily colured fish skim speedily just below the surface, she considered the move. True it was new and a little daunting, but it was also a nice change, she had spent nearly her whole life in that pen, it was nice, but a little boring after a while. She did miss winter with her cub like ways though. Her idle thoughts trailed to the beginning of her life, that short taste of freedom she'd had. She shuddered and left those memorys scarring alone. True she had never ran across the snowy land of Russia, where she had been born, but this was a better, safer place, and she was here to save her species from the poachers that she loathed. Her acute hearing allowed her to her the banging of bars and the babbling of humans all speaking at once, she looked idly over her shoulder; it was probably just feeding time. However, to her suprise she saw another leopard bound in then push against the entrance with his front paws once he realised he still wasn't free. Feeling sorry for him, she watched him give up and wander to the nearest cave, she grunted loudly to let him know she was there, then padded into the pond and chased the fish, giving him the space she knew he would probably need.
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

(News update! Make sure to check up on it!)

Winter yawned and looked up at Olivia and licked her chin. "I have to go do paperwork." Olivia got up and opened the cage door and walked out, she turned once more to wave goodbye then she began off into her office near the admission desk.

Winter stretched and got to her paws. Time to check out the new comers, she thought. She went to the edge of the fence, the nearest one to pen C. She went on her hind legs and rested her paws on the fence. "Hey!" she roared over to the Pen C leopards trying to get someones attention. "Hello?!" she asked.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Pedro was taking a nap in pen A when he heard. He yawned and stood up. "um hello" he roared in reply.

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Winter purred with finally talking to someone she understands. "Hi!" she flicked her tail. "I'm Winter." she said with amusement.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

"Hey there Winter my names Pedro" He replied.

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

"Nice name!" she called and looked at the sky. "It's almost dark, I should be heading to my cave. By Pedro!" she went onto her four paws and ran off into the trees.