Amur Leopard Sanctuary (ALS)

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Amur Leopard Sanctuary (ALS)

Post by animalguy888 »

"ok nice to meet you winter" he said in reply. then he lied back down and went to seep for a while.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The male leopard's ears rose at the sound of a loud grunt. He poked his head out of the cave, noticing a female in the pond. He never expected to be with anyone here, then again, he hasn't searched the entire area yet. He probably should have, as there could be others around. He slowly stood, careful not to make his body become unbalanced again. It was easy to see his rib cage, however the look in his eyes and his muscular figure tells a different story about him being weak. Cledwyn walked out of the cage, taking his time to sniff the air and to look around. The male carefully made his way to the other side of the pond to lap as much water as he could. He gave a few glances toward the female every once in a while, but made careful notice not to make eye contact quite yet. He wouldn't want to come face to face with a territorial-crazed female, it always ends pretty bad, and he knew that that was why the humans were still standing there, watching the two like hawks.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

"Don't worry, I'm the only one," she murmered, noticing him look around warily. She took a few laps of water with her pink tongue, then gracefully climbed out of the pond, her thick, golden coat wet and heavy. She shook herself and stretched, then sat a little away from the new male, careful to give him his space, "I'm Arabi," she said glancing at him then licking her paw and rubbing it on her head.
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The male was heavily relieved. The female seemed to be quite friendly. "Cledwyn." He replied after drinking his fill from the pond. He couldn't help but to ask a question he hoped she could answer. "Why are they keeping us here?" He nearly hesitantly asked, still a little unsure of the female. The male leopard glanced at the humans after the question, there seemed to be two left, watching them.
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Arabi, stopped cleaning herself suddenly, and looked down into the water with a mournful sigh "Because our species is dieing out, last I heard there were only about 40 of us left in the wild," she murmered sadly, it was an awful thought, "So this is a sanctuary for our species, set up by a human woman, I believe her name is Olivia, so that she could rescue Amur Leopards then try to breed them." She observed the male with her grey eyes, there was something about him that lot you know he was strong and muscular, but her eyes trailed to his thin body, you could see his ribs. Something must have happened to him. "I can tell you about this place if you want, help you get used to it?" she suggested, hoping to put him at ease.

Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Winter ran into her cave and yawned. She didn't feel like sleeping, after all tomorrow was her check-up. The cub-like leopard didn't enjoy being pinched and pulled at, they always checked her mouth. Her eyes felt heavy and she looked outside for a minute. I'll catch a snack before my sleep, she decided. Winter padded out of her cave and whined for Olivia.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The male stared blank in confusion. "Well, the last I saw humans they killed my parents and sister. The last thing I'd expect is for them to suddenly save us now." His mind was clouded from the flash back, the poachers killing them one by one, and him only barely able to escape their grasp. I bet it's because of them that we're now in danger. He thought to himself. Cledwyn let out a sigh, shaking the memories away from him, then looked up to meet the female's gaze. "I'd be glad to get to know this place, since it seems I'll be stuck here no matter what anyway. How long have you been around?" The male made his way toward Arabi, though careful not to be too close.
wildchild
Cardinal Chick

Post by wildchild »

Arabi shuddered at the word poachers, memories flooding her head, then quickly puled herself together. "Not all of them are bad, alot want to help us, it's just some would rather see our fur on their floor as a nice rug, or our cubs in a cage, forced to be pets." she murmered, her voice a little angry. She then shook her head and smiled at the male, hoping he wouldn't think she had been angry at him, "Since I was about 7 months old, so I can tell you everything you need to know!" she answered standing up, "Well, this is pen C, apparently this is the pen where both males and females go," she said then wander over to the fence, "That" she said, looking at the pen some way across from them, "Is pen B, where the Females are kept, it's where I was since I came here until about 3 days ago, when I was moved here." she explained, "And somewhere behind it is Pen A, where the Males are kept, but I've never seen that pen." She was about to make her way back to Cledwyn when her ears pricked at a distant rumbling; the food truck! "Get over here, it's feeding time!" she called to Cledwyn, watching the corner eagerly, waiting for her keeper to come.

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Cledwyn shivered at the thought of his fur on the floor, kept as a dirty rug for humans to walk on. He was concerned of her anger, but didn't question it when she smiled at him. "Since 7 months of age? I guess I'll have to trust you then, seeing as they've kept you in good shape.... right?" Arabi seemed quite comfortable here, so he felt like giving this place a chance. He glanced over at Pen B, making his way toward the fence as well. The male leopard's mouth watered at the thought of food, making him quickly pace next to Arabi and await the arrival of the truck.
wildchild
Cardinal Chick

Post by wildchild »

Arabi growled impatiently as the truck got nearer and an irresistable smell reached her nose. The truck rounded the corner, came to a halt and Summer, the keeper of Pen C climbed out. "Get ready to run!" Arabi murmered to Cledwyn. Summer walked towards them and Arabi head butted the fence as Summer stroked the top of her head, she then walked back to the truck and produced to huge joints of meat. A man climbed out of the truck and took one from Summer then spun round and released the food sending it flying over the fence. Arabi bounded after it speedily, then launched herself into the air, colliding with the meat and bringing it to the floor with a growl. She then lay where she was and started gnawing at her food, watching to see if they would do the same for Cledwyn.

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Interesting ;] I'll join

Name: Karaku
Pen: Pen C
Looks: A large female with a rich coloured pelt and grey eyes. Carries a calm glint in her eyes.
Personality: Karaku is generally a quiet and casual leopard. She only speaks when spoken to, and is very experienced and wise. She has learnt to imitate humans, and watch what they do. Karaku is very patient, she never sulks about anything, and accepts things for the way they are. She likes the dark, where Karaku is unseen and unheard.
Mate: She had a mate, when she was 2 years old, but he died soon after.
Offspring: Karaku raised a litter when she was 2, but is uncertain where they are now.
Siblings: They have all found their own paths and left.
Parents: Presumably long dead.
History: Karaku was raised just like any other amur leopard should be. But her family faced high risk of starvation, and the family was constantly on the move. Her youngest sibling died of starvation, but the rest just about managed to pull through. Karaku was an exceptional hunter, as she was used to hiding and travelling undetected. She found a mate when she was 2 years old, but he died soon afterwards, and she believed him to have died, shot by poachers. She managed to raise two cubs, but was captured and taken to the sanctuary.
How do you come here: Captured and taken to the sanctuary to increase the ALS population of leopards.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The male leopard paced himself toward the gate where the truck had stopped. He pressed his nose against the fence to sniff Summer. The human slowly brought her hand near for Cledwyn to sniff, but when he felt it was too close his lips curled slightly and backed away in protest. He watched as a tall male swung meat over the gate, which Arabi flawlessly caught. Cledwyn embraced himself, maybe a little bit too much, as when the male began to throw the other meat over the gate, the male leopard nearly ran over his own two paws, but was able to catch himself in enough time to pick up speed and pivot toward it's landing spot, pouncing on the large piece of flesh and growling as he tore into it, laying down and scratching on it as if it were the real thing. The meat was a bit cold for his taste, but he'll get used to that easily. He wildly tore up the thing, getting as much meat as he could for the day, as he needs as much as possible if he were to gain weight any time soon.
wildchild
Cardinal Chick

Post by wildchild »

Kachiri watched how the strong male tore at his food, he had obviously hunted before. She stood up and dragged her meal to the other side of the pond, where growled a warning thens settled to eat, her sharp teeth slicing easily into the flesh.

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Karaku prowled the forest, moving slowly. It looked like a forest, it smelt like a forest. It was a forest in everyway. But oh, the smells and the sounds, she could smell the humans, she heard their voices. Didn't they know how to keep quiet? A leopard needs to blend in with her surroundings in order to guarantee a sucessful hunt. She wasn't very pleased to be put in this place. She knew the Furlesses wouldn't dare hurt her. Karaku could've easily broken their necks if she wished. She sensed that they didn't want to hurt her, but they trapped her in this fake, leopard-forsaken forest that was filled with their disgusting Furless scent. It was a nice forest, with a small pond and lots of fish and frogs. She had explored the whole pen, and there were three caves. Karaku frowned at the way they were so close together. A leopard, and specifically one like Karaku, needs a huge space. For hunting as well as peace and quiet. But in this place, she smelt no prey at all. Roe deer, sika deer, musk deer, hares, wild boar. All of Karaku's favourites. Nothing tastes better than the warm meat and the flowing blood. But there were no live prey here. None. But she faintly smelt the cold type. The one that has been left for many hours, and grown cold. But she didn't recognize the scent. She smelt water, but it wasn't the type you found in tranquil forests. This one was not the same. It smelt nothing like the rain water that formed in puddles in Spring, or the type that trickled down all the way from the mountains. Sneakily, Karaku padded towards the scent of another leopard. She could smell it was a male, presumably older than 3 years. Karaku crept to the edge of the forest, where she could see the walls of the pen. One of the Furlesses was throwing the cold type meat over the walls. Defiant but hungry, Karaku crouched lowly and ate the meat slowly. She had learnt that food eaten slowly fed you longer, and Karaku wasn't looking forward to the next time she would set her jaws on the meat the Furlesses offered her. Turning to face the other male leopard, she observed his features – Not bad for one quite thin. He seemed to accept the Furlesses more than she did. Karaku would never even dream of the day when she would let a Furless anywhere near her! Continuing to eat slowly, a Furless trotted over to the edge of the pen and stuck it's hand towards her like the other one did. Defiantly, she hissed, and the Furless wisely backed away. Karaku picked up her piece of cold meat and made for the cover of trees.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
wildchild
Cardinal Chick

Post by wildchild »

Arabi's ears pricked and nose quivered at the presence of another new leaopard, she looked around, her sure eyes scanning every inch of her surroundings... ah, there she was. A female, older than her, seemingly displeased with the pen and food, Arabi grunted loudly to let her know she was there, as she had done with Cledwyn, then went back to her meal, licking the last scraps of meat off the blood.