Adult Bluebird

The Great Valley [RP]

Post by Kazz »

Topic owned by Kazz
Yay I'm starting an RP :D

So uhm.. lets see here....
------------------------------------------

Setting:
-Loosely based on the WEO map, though, keep in mind that there are vast distances between plains, deserts, forests, and mountains. The actual game makes the world seem so small.
-Season, time, and details will be determined by first post [Just for the the sake of randomness, I'll give the first post to someone else ;P ]

With regards to Fantasy:
Sure~ Why not! But keep in mind that it still takes place in the WEO world, so, make sure your ability is yours only, and keep it realistic. When I mean realistic, I mean, if your character can, lets say, control fire, you have to be wary of things like: accidental forest fires, wind, humidity, and weather. Also, how do other animals react to your power. Surely, they can't think its normal, so how do you cope with that. And, lastly, of course with fantasy, you always have to be careful of godmodding.

Forms?
No Form needed, but don't just join whenever you want. I find that plots do not work if too many people come in at once, or at the wrong time. For example, if two characters are in the middle of an intense battle, it would be extremely awkward for someone to just show up. Or, if there is an idea flowing, the entrance of another character could potentially foil it, especially if the rper is clueless of what's going on.

If you are unsure about character, post with your questions. Not every post on this thread needs to have an rp post in it. Even if you're not rping, feel free to post plot suggestions and such. :3

Rules:
-All basic forum rules [To be honest, I kind of wish swearing could be allowed for rps, as it definitely enhances emotion. Perhaps if a mod could make a exception...? -nudge nudge- ;3]

-Don't break the fourth wall. [This doesn't happen much, but it annoys me so much omg]

-Please, if you feel like the rp is going to get stuck soon, start discussing plot-line. As I mentioned before, not every post in this thread needs to have an rp post in it. Please make sure you specify what's a post and what's an idea. I've seen people get confused, causing a bunch of unnecessary confusion.

-Respect the other rpers: This is more than the basic, no swearing, being rude, etc etc, but your posts. For example, if they give you a few paragraphs, it's disrespectful if you return it with one line, unless you are completely stuck. In that case at least offer an apology. The reason why this is in italics is because its rarely mentioned, and I know many people that are ticked by this. Of course, they usually don't want to say so because they don't want to seem rude or elitist, and it can end up with the rper disappointed and ultimately quitting.

-Spellcheck and Proofread. Sure, there's always something missed once in a while, but nobody wants to see multiple mistakes in every one of your posts.

-If you need a break from the rp, or you want to quit, do it so that it doesn't mess up the plot for other people. For example, if you need to go on vacation, you could make your character flee in a bout of rebelliousness or anger, or maybe your character decides to visit family on the other side of the map. If you want out, get your character killed somehow, or make them announce a permanent leave. Make sure it works with the plot. If you've got a confident, strong character, it's strange if they were to suddenly break down and run, unless you've had their mental weakness hinted. It may take several posts to make a smooth exit, and though its tedious, it won't "kill" the plot. If it is urgent, you can give another rper enough information to take on and continue with the character, or make the exit for you.
-If you've left the rp (as mentioned above), you can rejoin, provided that joining is open, but don't come back as the same character without a valid reason. Maybe they somehow survived a fall from the cliffs.

So, If you want to join:
-First of all, you should have read all of this, and any posts that may have been written. Your character doesn't (and shouldn't) have to know everything that's happened, but you do.

-Make sure your spelling and grammar is good, of not excellent. [Though note, you can break grammar rules if you know how to do it properly. An example here would be the writer Stephen King.]

Watch if joining is open or closed. I'm opening one spot at the moment, and, after first post, no joiners till further notice. (Further notice will come, no worries ;3)

----------
Oh dear that was longer than I expected.

Well then, I shall now just sit back and wait for a first post ;3
Lex
Adult Bluebird

Re: The Great Valley [RP]

Post by Lex »

So, if it's realistic no animals can talk? Right? o3o

(Just making sure so I don't make a fool out of myself xP.)
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Lexi, I believe the joining is closed right now, and, I'm gonna go out on a limb and answer this, but I think they are able to talk. I think when she said realistic, it was more realistic as in "No sparklewolves, ect."

-Ragdoll<3
Image Image
Image Image
Lex
Adult Bluebird

Post by Lex »

Oh, e.e Okay.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

It would be best not to post on this topic until Kazz has come and claimed it, and the RP may continue. ;)
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I'll go find her xD
Image Image
Image Image