African Wilderness

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

African Wilderness

Post by Hope »

In the African Wilderness prey is scarce, water is rare, and survival is often fatal.

You are a african animal living in South Africa, theres a long river running threw the wild landscape. The river leads to the watering hole where the water creatures live. Ther is also many other small watering holes that are likely to run dry. There is a small forest near the watering hole. Lots of grazers and leaf eaters come here to eat. There may be smaller forest or lone trees spotted around South Africa.

Species you can be
Lion
Jaguar
Cheetah
Wild Dog
Hyena
Alligator
Zebra
Aardvark
Bat-eared fox
Honey badger
Rabbits
Hippo
Giraffe
Wildabeest
Elephant
Gazelle
Rino
Any bird
Any fish
Abandoned pet
Any other animals that I forgot should be PM'd to me please!

Bear Tooth Wild Dog Pack
We are found beside a small forest and a dried out river fills up once a month. If you go south of the Watering Hole and head south for a day you will find the forest, if you turn east and walk there for a couple minutes you will find our pack camp.
Members (Played by actual people)
Jessie, alpha female. (Jade)
Shadow, alpha hunter. (SillyBear)

Form
Name:
Species:
Rank?:
Discription/Picture:
Personality:
Family:
Herd/Pack?:
Where do you live:

Name: Shadow
Species: African wild dog
Rank?: Hunter
Discription/Picture: A great hunter and will protect her family at any cost. She has rescently joined a wild dog pack as a hunter, she has a young apprentice named Lyla. Shadow is a strange black colour with the normal brown marking but the brown is alot darker.
Personality: She has a great personality and will make a great parent someday!
Family: RP'd
Herd/Pack?: Bear Tooth Wild Dog Pack
Where do you live: The great plains of South Africa not far from the great watering hole.
Last edited by Hope on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Jade
Baby Gecko

Re: African Wilderness

Post by Jade »

Form
Name:Jessie
Species:Wild dog
Rank?:Hunter or Leader
Discription/Picture:Muilticolured long legged female
Personality:Caring,brave,smart,can get pretty aggressive.
Family:Unknown yet
Herd/Pack?:Bear toothed wild dog pack
Where do you live:plains of Africa
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

(Accepted! You'll be a leader! Also, I'm going to make up random names for the hunting patrol! :D)

Shadow went out hunting with a patrol to hunt. She tracked down the scent of a herd of gazelle. "Lucy, go right of the herd, Mick, you go to the left. Jason, you wait in the bushes and we will chase them down to you, hide with Oak and Leaf. I'll go in the middle and make them run to Jason." she barked orders. Shadow ran up to the middle and started barking and biting at the gazelle's legs. "Get going you lazy bunch of gazelle." she yipped angerly at the herd. The herd started running up by the bushes. Jason, Oak, and Leaf jumped out and they seperated 2 calves. Jason, Oak, and Mick went after one while Shadow, Lucy, and Leaf got the other. Shadow jumped up on top and bit it's neck. The calf tripped on a rock and fell. "This is our chance!" shouted Shadow. Leaf and Lucy helped me kill. We brought or fresh kill down to where we first saw the herd. The others came back with nothing. Shadow frowned "Well atleast we got this healthy calf." she smiled to perk them up. They brought the calf back to their territory and Shadow let out a happy bark to tell everyone it's dinner. Shadow waited for Jessie to eat first, and the pups and elders.
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

Jessie came out of her den.She yawned and saw two carcasses of dead gazelle calves.She wagged her tail at the carcasses.Proud of her pack,Jessie trotted toward the pray.She bit down into the prey's flesh.She signaled the rest of her pack to eat.Even though,the food wasn't enough to fill the pack's stomach for long.She was glad there was food for every dog in harsh landscape. Jessie looked at Shadow.She had done a good job at hunting. There was something about Shadow that Jessie liked.She seemed to stand out from all her other pack members.Jessie had finished eating.She let the pack eat in peace.She laid down with her mate,Harley.
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

(Awesome, I was just thinking about making one of these.)

Name: Exo
Species: African Wild Dog
Rank?: N/A
Discription/Picture: A coat like an artist splattered him with paint in shades of brown, black, white and gray, and ears that would make a radar jealous. Golden-yellow eyes and a suitably bushy tail complete the look.
Personality: A happy-go-lucky spirit by nature, tries to live life to the fullest. That could mean adventures and games, or simply sleeping in the sun all day. Seriously lacking in seriousness. His previous pack disliked this, so he set off on his own.
Family: In his previous pack, not RPed.
Herd/Pack?: None currently. Looking, though.
Where do you live: Wanders here and there, never stays for long. Currently in the plains.
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

Form
Name:Taki
Species:Griffin vulture
Rank?:Chick
Discription/Picture:White with an black beak.Soon will be brown,grey and white
Personality:Fierce,selfish,stingy.
Family:bother:Riku,mother:Blaze,father:Deathbeak
Herd/Pack?:Dark skys flock
Where do you live:On a rocky cliff,in the middle of a deasert
Zelda0909
Adult Gecko

Post by Zelda0909 »

Name: Danger
Species: rhino
Rank?: none
Discription/Picture: like a rhino...
Personality: aggressive very aggressive.
Family: n/a
Herd/Pack?: none
Where do you live: by the watering hole.
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

Taki looked down from her nest.Her stomach growled.She was starving."Where is Ma,and Da?" Riku had said."I don't know,rock-head!" She snapped ,"Maybe,they'er out hunting". Riku was offended by his sister's insult."Don't call me a rock-head! rat-brain!"
"Stop fighting you two!" Thier mother called.She gave them huge chunk of meat,"Eat that.And I don't wanna her another word from yall beaks".She flew away.
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Shadow looked about and yawned. She padded over to Lucy and ate beside her. "So how's Jewel and Violet?" she asked Lucy. "Oh! Their fine, fine. Jewel recovered from the lion attack quite nicely thanks to Maple." Lucy replied. "I should actually go give them their food." Lucy said then walked off. Shadow looked up from her meal and noticed Jessie watching her. She dipped her head in repected then walked off to patrol with Leaf. They reached the small forest not far from the territory. Shadow sniffed around and smelled a family of rabbits. "Food." she smiled. "Oh yes, a nice snack for elders and pups I suppose." Leaf laughed. "If only the food were more common like they were when we were pups." Leaf frowned. "Oh cheer up!" Shadow grinned then ran off into the forest without her friend. "Go look around for intruders! I'll go hunt." Shadow called back.
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Name: Victory
Species: Cheetah
Rank?: N/A
Description/Picture: Image
Personality: Usually wins, always keeps a cool head in arguments, she can make a great friend. Rest of it is roleplayed.
Family: -
Herd/Pack?: None
Where do you live: In a tree, close to the African Wild Dog pack.
For science!
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

(You guys are all accepted!)

Shadow sniffed around and caught up with the scent of rabbits again. She followed the scent into the forest then started digging around in the holes. Shadow barked and 2 rabbits came running out. Shadow jumped on top of them and quickly they lay limp. Shadow did this a couple more times, bark and jump, until she got about 9 rabbits. She saw Leaf come running toward her. Shadow barked to ask for help. Leaf picked up 4 and Shadow picked up 5. They walked back to the den together to take their turn at babysitting while some other went off to hunt. When they got home Shadow dropped 2 rabbits at Oak's den for her, her mate, and her kids to share. Leaf went to give some rabbits to the elders while Shadow went around giving rabbits to the pups.
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Victory layed lazily in the branch of her tree, her body slumped over one of the branches. She yawned casually, staring off into the distance of the nearby watering hole. What could I do today... hunting.. already done that. Explore the plains? Nah, been there, seen it, done it all before. She thought to herself, before just laying her head down on the branch to sun bath in the afternoon sun. Now this is what I could do for 'till nightfall. Her eyes drowsily closed, as she drifted off into a light sleep.
For science!
Zelda0909
Adult Gecko

Post by Zelda0909 »

Danger drank from the watering hole and grazed in the grass. He keept a watchful eye out for preditors.
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

Jessie layed with her paws on her snout,trying to sleep of the burning sun.She lefted her head up,"When will the rain come?" She turned to Harley,who was laying down next to her."I don't know," He turned to Jessie,"Hopefully,they'll come before we lose any dogs from this heat".Jessie turned to her mate."We already lost 6 pups and 4 adults in the past days.We might lose more if the rains don't come soon".Jessie turned her attention to pups,who were playing hunting."But,you've already been the hunter.I wanna be the hunter now!" A male pup yelped."So, if I wanna be the hunter,I can!" One growled.Suddenly, a fight broke out between the pups.
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

As Shadow reached another den where the pups were fighting she looked down and smiled. "Now, now. What's the problem then?" she said calmly and put the last 2 rabbits down.