The Overall Rules For Every RolePlay

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

The Overall Rules For Every RolePlay

Post by Alexander »

First of all you must follow the Forum Rules.

If you want a topic unlocked, let Alexander or Kenya know and we can unlock it for you!

*Important: You are not allowed to play as a human in any Role Play. Click here for more information.

Please use the “Report” button if you find a Role Play or someone that breaks any of the following rules. Reports are handled by Moderators only, meaning no one but the Moderator knows about this report and who reported it.

Rules:

-No Bob Modding or Power Playing
Bob modding is when you are playing a character that seems to never get hurt and evades every situation without being physically harmed. This also counts if you automatically kill someone without their permission.
Power playing is basically Role Playing someone else’s character without their permission. It is their character, not yours! If you still do not understand, here are some examples:

A bad example:
"Alex swiped at Jaegar, hitting him and pummeling him to the ground."
'Hitting him' and 'pummeling him to the ground' counts as playing the other person's character.

A good example:
"Alex lunged at Jaegar, attempting to pummel him to the ground with his weight while directing punches toward his chest."
Here, you are giving good detail to the other RPer as to how you're going to hit him, so that they can respond with their own post as to how their character would respond to that. If the other person, that of which owns Jaegar, simply avoids everything, it could count as Bob Modding.

*Important Note:
This can also apply to Role Playing a character where you do something before the other RPer can react. If you are still confused, then please read this example:
“Jaegar dashed into Alexander’s cave, snatching up all of the food and then ran back to his own den, happily wolfing down all of the stolen food.”
Please note that this is very unfair and will be reported to the moderators.

-Do not kill someone’s character without their permission.
Self explanatory. Ask permission to kill someone’s character before planning it out.

-No excessive violence.
You are allowed to fight, but please don’t make it anything too gory or disgusting for the kids to read. This is a family-friendly place, after all. At least warn your fellow RPers before you do it.

-Do not be disrespectful towards your fellow RPers.
This does not mean the character you are playing as. Nothing is meant to be taken personal here, it is just an RP, and to be disrespectful to another in general is highly unacceptable.

-Any fights that are not involved in the RP, as in you are not playing as your character and it is an actual fight, can and will be reported to the Moderators.

-No excessive affection and/or inappropriate actions to a mate or crush.
You are allowed to have a mate or a crush, but do not go too far. A little affection is cute. Keep it cute.

-Human RPs are not allowed.
For the purpose of keeping everything on here family-friendly, human Role Plays are not allowed. They tend to get rather inappropriate quickly. Role Plays can, however, have minor human interaction, such as a horse stable, K9 cops, etc. Those types of RPs will be watched by the Moderators closely.

-Some Role Plays require to be literate and contain decent grammar.
Owners of the Role Play are allowed to warn you of your need for literacy and grammar as long as they say on their Role Play topic that it is required.

Questions&Concerns

If you have any questions or comments regarding roleplay, or have an idea you need checked by a moderator please post on this topic below. If there are any other questions, please contact a moderator.

Kenya's stamp of Approval? APPROVED

Suggestions are highly welcome!
Last edited by Alexander on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Iconolate
Bluebird Chick

Re: The Overall Rules For Every RolePlay

Post by Iconolate »

Hehe. I agree with all of that! Including controlling other people's characters! I actually rp through packs on websites. And people, even the best, control each other's players. (I wouldn't care if people said " hitting me to the ground " or something like that, but only because I am quicker and more advanced than about 98.9% of rpers. :3 ) Thank Bob somebody said that. >.<

Looking forward to rp. Little rusty.

Image <-- Shiny.. Click it save a baby dragon's life...

C:
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Hey, does anyone know WEO's email address? I want to email him and ask him if we could make a Dragon/Dragon Rider roleplay.
For science!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Added 1 rule.
If it needs tweaking please let me know.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Since PMing is now available, you can edit saying they can PM me to unlock/lock a topic. ;3

As well, I recommend adding the link to the "Human RolePlay" topic from the Announcements Forum, so everyone knows for sure that human RPs are not allowed.
Also, it is highly recommended to report anything that breaks the forum rules OR roleplay rules so it can be enforced. And don't worry, the reports are handled by the mdoerators only, meaning no one but the mods know about the report or who reported. ^^
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Alright Kenya, thanks for the awesome suggestions.
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

+Dont swear?

Bob modding.

You sir, are GENIOUS.
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Lysander wrote:+Dont swear?

Bob modding.

You sir, are GENIOUS.
No Bob modding, can't say G-O-D here. XD So now it is Bob and only Bob that can be immortal.
I was thinking of adding 'No Swearing', though I did say to follow regular forum rules which includes no swearing within it.
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Link to more info about human roleplays doesn't work. Only says something like "you are unauthorized to view this board". Reason I wanted to view it was because that long time ago when I jumped into a lion roleplay with one post, rping as a human npc poacher.
ImageImageImageImage
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Oh, thanks for letting me know (:
It's an easy fix.
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Alex.. Err, You wrote Bob-modding.

Would be fine, but uh, Bob kinda scares me :3

I believe you meant Bob-Modding?
Image Image
Image Image
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Ragdoll wrote:Alex.. Err, You wrote Bob-modding.

Would be fine, but uh, Bob kinda scares me :3

I believe you meant Bob-Modding?
Yes, but in the forums (for some reason) it changes -Bob- to Bob.
Try it yourself. d:
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

No doing something, then doing something else before the other RPer can react? Confusing so I'll do an example:
"Sky ran across the den, stealing all the food, then ran back to her den where she ate it all."

Sky took everything and ate it all at her den before the other person could react and maybe stop her. I just don't find it fair.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm working on how to apply that to the rules now. (:
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

That's classified as power playing or Bob modding, so perhaps Alex could expand on that rule a little? :)
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.