Aperture Science Roleplay

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Re: !WIP! Aperture Science Roleplay

Post by SouthernStar »

Tevera was hanging from the rail, just watching the turrets getting built, one by one, then watch them get tested for any defected ones. And she had to admit, there were defected ones popping up every 5 minutes. Looking to her right, a digital screen with pictures of surface animals was being displayed.
Last edited by SouthernStar on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
For science!
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Sure thing :3
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

(I'll just jump in right here. ;D I'll try to keep my replies to-the-point, but I'm used to 800-word posts, sorry if I end up rambling a little bit.)

Theta cruised at a (relatively) brisk pace along the rail, green optic turning every which way as he went with his shutters slightly squinted. A soft hum emanated from his voicebox; he didn't care to remember where he'd heard the tune he was reciting at the moment, but it could certainly be perceived as a catchy one. He was looking for something, something that was very important to his given task as announcer. Specifically, this something was an Aperture Science Announcement Projection Terminal. They were distributed around the facility in surprising scarcity, only located at certain important rooms and chambers. It was really too bad that he hadn't gotten around to asking Sky to dot some of the more frequently-used hallways and catwalks with terminals. Having to search like this was inconvenient. That was alright, though. His current announcement wasn't of the utmost importance—more a personal touch he liked to add every now and then to lighten the mood. It would have come off as rather a silly one to somebody who didn't think it through carefully, but it was his firm belief that this personal touch was beneficial to overall morale. And if not—after all, he didn't exactly have any statistics to work off, although he would have been delighted to receive some—he wasn't really hurting anybody by incorporating a little zeal into his work. Whatwith most of the test subjects dead, he didn't have a terrible lot of annoncements to make anymore.

He stopped, taking note of the lockers along the floor below the rail. Ah, okay. That worked. He'd found his way to the turret control center. One of the terminals was located here. Theta could make his completely nonsuperfluous announcement. In his reverie of thought, he failed to realize that there was another personality construct here. "Oh—!" He'd practically bumped right into the other one, stationed along the rail. She seemed to be watching the turret redemption line. Well, that's probably her job, he reasoned. The arm that kept him to the rail pulled back to an acceptable distance and he blinked his optic apologetically at her. "Good morrrevening. Good evening." It was very easy to lose track of the basic time of day in the facility. He'd briefly forgotten his built-in clock. Ah, well. He'd corrected himself. "My apologies if I've startled you. If it does not interrupt your work, I require use of the Aperture Science Announcement Projection Terminal. As you do not seem to be a specialized Aperture Science Global Communicatory Construct, I would ask that you turn away while I access the terminal to deploy said announcement."
Last edited by Mumble on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Let's wait for Star to post tomorrow. Afterwards I'll go ahead and make my friend who plays Wheatley enter the room.
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

(Alright, sounds good. ^^)
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

(Okay, I might do first person if I decide to make two characters, but I seriously think it would be annoying if I did 1st person...)

Tevera's body rotated in a moment, surprised at the sudden appearance of another personality core. "And good evening to you too, and sure, you can use the announcement system." She spoke to the seemingly quite friendly core, she then heard a distant thud. "Oh, I have to go, the turret dispensor must be jammed again." She spoke in a fast, alarmed voice, then moved along the rail towards the turret line at a rather alarmingly fast pace.
For science!
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

(Bah, I'm forcing you to read through another grotesquely long post before Wheatley gets in the room. Do whatever you're comfortable with, South. I'm sure no one minds. c: It would be pretty great if Wheatley crashed into something / started shouting at Tevera across the room and the terminal broadcast it all over the facility, but I'll leave that up to you. Moron. XD)

"And good evening to you, and sure, you can use the announcement system." As the feminine core rotated, a single gray optic was exposed to Theta's sensors. Ah, gray. That was quite the symbolic color, he could really go on about the various perceived meanings of it. "Ah. Well, thank you for your compliance." The arm lowered him somewhat, bringing him right in front of the terminal. He quickly turned to check that this other AI wasn't facing him. Protocol, after all. Very important. Not that anyone who hadn't been designed or modified for the task of announcing could access it, though; there was no security code or password to punch in, which he was grateful for, having no appendages with which to type. "Oh, I have to go, the turret dispenser must be jammed again." She was hurrying away now, toward the various conveyor belts and machines that were pumping out turrets. Had Theta been in possession of the required facial attributes, he would have frowned at her; it was unseemly to be on her way so suddenly. Ah, well. That was okay. He only nodded his hull at her before returning to the announcement terminal.

"Enter," he spoke cheerfully into its sensors. Whatwith all the expensive voice recognition technology, he supposed it made sense that there were so few of these. A horizontal beam of light scanned over his optic, then a small, green LED lit up on the terminal, indicating that he was authorized to continue commanding it vocally. "Start." A pause, then an otherwise identical red LED turned on. Recording, then. He began. "Top of the mor—e-EVENING to all attentive Aperture Science Work Artificial Intelligence Units and surviving humans, employee or test subject. This announcer would like to stress that..."
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

(Long posts are good when theres nothing else to read >:D)

The core whizzed along the management rail until she came to the turret dispensor, and saw one of the defected turrets had jammed the crushers. Tevera sighed as she plugged herself into a management panel to use one of the mechanical arms to dislodge the turret. After dislodging it she made sure to drop it into the incinerator. After hearing a few metal thuds of it banging against the incinerator's walls she heard a sizzel, and unplugged herself. Oh, I almost forgot to give Sky that new blueprint I had! she thought to herself as she made her way into the blueprint makers. She typed in her password to retrieve the blueprint she was working on, then proceeded to submit it to Sky for it to be made. There we go. She thought to herself.

(I was listening to this while making this post :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UxieGouKP4

I feel like an Assassin...)

(EDIT: Forgot to post the picture, hehehh :DDD

http://i52.tinypic.com/35asokz.jpg

Jurassic park time >:D)
For science!
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

(Oh yes. ;D I don't play AC, but I have a friend who does and thanks to her, I had Woodkid's "Iron" stuck in my head for days. Find it on Youtube if you haven't heard it on the ACR trailer. Gawd, such an epic song.

Also, so this post isn't completely off topic, that is a pretty great raptor. XDD Missing the killing claw, though!)
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Mumble wrote:(Oh yes. ;D I don't play AC, but I have a friend who does and thanks to her, I had Woodkid's "Iron" stuck in my head for days. Find it on Youtube if you haven't heard it on the ACR trailer. Gawd, such an epic song.

Also, so this post isn't completely off topic, that is a pretty great raptor. XDD Missing the killing claw, though!)

(Yeah, I youtubed it.. and it sounds awesome. And I did try the killer claw... but I guess I fail at feet xD, I sketched the picture from traditional pencil and paper then outlined it into a more linearty thingy to give to Scarikas. I wish I had some personality core lineart so we could draw eachothers characters xD, but I guess it's not hard to draw a sphere...)
For science!
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

One question Mumble are you talking about Marigold? I kinda ignored her character when I made Sky.
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
Extreme360
Bluebird Chick

Post by Extreme360 »

(Woodkid's "Iron" in an epic form of epic proportions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJjJY5YpKRI)

Wheatley entered the room and bluntly shouted "HEY TEVERA! HOW ARE YOU DOING?" Seconds later he heard his voice reverberate around him. "Oh sorry, am I interrupting the announcements?" Asked Wheatley. Before Theta could correct him, Wheatley blurted out "Hey, Sky wanted me to ask you what you think about the Dragon idea. We're going to add flame breath so that it can be a flying incinerator, might be useful to cleaning up defective turrets, companion cubes, and possibly a test obstacle for those stupid smelly human subjects." Wheatley heard his British accent as it echoed in the announcements. "Oops..." said Wheatley, as he nervously slid out of the room, realizing that that was not Tereva, and that he just told the whole facility about the plans for the dragons.
Last edited by Extreme360 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How did I get here? ಠ_ಠ

My school's water fountain caught on fire. Your argument is invalid.
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

(@Scar: Oh, in my first post, when I mentioned Sky? Nope, I didn't mean Marigold. :'D If you're talking about something else, I don't think I've referred to her at all so far.
@Extreme: ... I lol'd at that video. That wasn't really godmodding, it was just saying Wheatley didn't give her room to say anything. :3)

All going very smoothly, Theta noted as he heard his own voice amplified around him. Crystal-clear, too. These terminals' sensors picked up every sound, every background noise, with excellent definition. "...that it is very important to one's psychological health that you remain optimistic throughout even the most hopeless of si—" "HEY, TEVERA! HOW ARE YOU DOING?" He stopped, freezing up as his iris shrunk and his optic blinked rapidly on impulse. The intruder's thickly accented voice reverberated loudly and with perfect clarity around them. "Oh, sorry, am I interrupting the announcements?" "Stop." The green-eyed construct said stiffly into the terminal. The red light didn't even flicker. It was programmed not to stop recording until a minute after it started for two reasons; firstly, announcements were normally at least sixty seconds long, and secondly, it was easy to forget that it was important to never include the words "stop" or "exit" and the one-minute rule prevented premature cuts. "Hey, Sky wanted me to ask you what you think about the dragon idea. We're going to add flame breath so that it can be a flying incinerator, might be useful to cleaning up defective turrets, companion cubes, and possibly a test obstacle for those smelly human subjects." Theta turned around slowly. The offending personality core had a bright blue optic and was presently edging out of the room. "Oops..." Theta's optic narrowed to an exasperated slit, the iris having returned to normal size. He continued glaring as he spoke. "Awfully sorry about the interruption," he said, forcing a chipper tone to his voice. "Stay optimistic and nothing will go wrong! Thank you for your time! Stop, exit." Both LEDs deadened.

Theta rolled toward the newest construct, the arm moving his optic no more than three inches from the other's. His shutters remained narrowed. "Thank you for that delightful interruption. I could linger on how another announcer might be terribly embarrassed by your little stunt just now, but I won't. Instead, I'll move on and politely"—here his voice hardened even more—"ask that you explain what you were talking to this 'Tevera' about just now."
Extreme360
Bluebird Chick

Post by Extreme360 »

Mumble wrote:(@Scar: Oh, in my first post, when I mentioned Sky? Nope, I didn't mean Marigold. :'D If you're talking about something else, I don't think I've referred to her at all so far.
@Extreme: ... I lol'd at that video. That wasn't really godmodding, it was just saying Wheatley didn't give her room to say anything. :3)

All going very smoothly, Theta noted as he heard his own voice amplified around him. Crystal-clear, too. These terminals' sensors picked up every sound, every background noise, with excellent definition. "...that it is very important to one's psychological health that you remain optimistic throughout even the most hopeless of si—" "HEY, TEVERA! HOW ARE YOU DOING?" He stopped, freezing up as his iris shrunk and his optic blinked rapidly on impulse. The intruder's thickly accented voice reverberated loudly and with perfect clarity around them. "Oh, sorry, am I interrupting the announcements?" "Stop." The green-eyed construct said stiffly into the terminal. The red light didn't even flicker. It was programmed not to stop recording until a minute after it started for two reasons; firstly, announcements were normally at least sixty seconds long, and secondly, it was easy to forget that it was important to never include the words "stop" or "exit" and the one-minute rule prevented premature cuts. "Hey, Sky wanted me to ask you what you think about the dragon idea. We're going to add flame breath so that it can be a flying incinerator, might be useful to cleaning up defective turrets, companion cubes, and possibly a test obstacle for those smelly human subjects." Theta turned around slowly. The offending personality core had a bright blue optic and was presently edging out of the room. "Oops..." Theta's optic narrowed to an exasperated slit, the iris having returned to normal size. He continued glaring as he spoke. "Awfully sorry about the interruption," he said, forcing a chipper tone to his voice. "Stay optimistic and nothing will go wrong! Thank you for your time! Stop, exit." Both LEDs deadened.

Theta rolled toward the newest construct, the arm moving his optic no more than three inches from the other's. His shutters remained narrowed. "Thank you for that delightful interruption. I could linger on how another announcer might be terribly embarrassed by your little stunt just now, but I won't. Instead, I'll move on and politely"—here his voice hardened even more—"ask that you explain what you were talking to this 'Tevera' about just now."
(*looks at my post* *looks at your post* *looks at rest of thread* Whoops, apparently I misread Theta as Tevera. Should I edit my post to be as shouting to Tevera across the room (assuming she moved to this room after finishing what she was doing), edit it to make it seem like I mistook Theta for Tevera, or change it completely?)
How did I get here? ಠ_ಠ

My school's water fountain caught on fire. Your argument is invalid.
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

(Easiest solution, I think, would be having Wheatley just mistake Theta for Tevera. After all, the only physical difference between cores is the optic and they weren't facing eachother when Wheatley called for Tev, so it makes sense. xD; Their names are pretty similar, aren't they? Hm.)