Plague Dogs (Plot RP :: Semi literate)

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Re: Plague Dogs (Plot RP :: Semi literate)

Post by Ayashe »

Ayashe felt numb. That thing she had seen, it was enough to send her over the edge. Her head snapped up. What, to make me insane? The question left her standing stiffly for a moment. Surely, if I'm coherent enough to suggest that question to myself, I'm fine? A frown curled her black lips. She couldn't answer it. She continued her pondering, pushing question after question away without an answer that she could be sure of. One kept the fear fresh in her mind. Was that thing dead, or alive? It was impossible to be both.
Her mind was such a tangle of thoughts, she didn't even think to look up or check the scents around her. Finally she heard something and slowly raised her head to investigate. Her hackles raised and she spun around to face the dog that was padding towards her. For a moment she snarled warningly at it, but as it continued to advance, she recognized him. "Delta." She said to herself, unsure of whether to be relieved to see the timid young dog or not. Shoving her uncertainty away and hoping she did a good job, she wagged her tail and trotted forward to greet him.
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Gesture’s ears twitched as they caught a bark in the distance. He inhaled slowly, noting that the sound had come from a lone female. She didn’t reek of death, and so Gest wasn’t very concerned with her call. His attention returned to the two females in front of him. It appeared that one of them was so uncomfortable that she couldn’t even manage to hold eye contact. The Labrador gave a small cough at the thought, letting a tiny plume of warm air escape from between his teeth and visibly freeze as it floated up and away from his snout. He lifted an eyebrow curiously at her shy nodding of head. This one didn’t seem well versed in conversation. Gest took the responsibility of speaking as to save her the effort, “I’m glad to see you two have made it this far. My name is Gesture, feel free to call me Gest.” The male smiled warmly while pausing, glancing for a moment at the quiet one’s shoulder. His tone dropped into slight concern, “It seems you’re hurt?”
"Always be present."
-?
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

The female growled then kicked the snow, sending it up into her face. Her head tilted upwards slightly as she attempted to smell the breeze, wondering if the scent of food would be carried with it. She grinned as she smelled another animal, not a dog. She then continued walking, except this time upwind, hoping to find whatever had that scent.
For science!
Desinee
Baby Gecko

Post by Desinee »

Rocco walked towards where he left the rabbit and sniffed around under the harsh snow but to his dismay it was no where in sight.Sigh Rocco walked threw the snow and towards a small pond that had been frozen over by the cold.He slowly walked over to the pond and trying see how strong it was.It was weak but yet to strong for him to break with his own weight.He looked around for anything to break it with.He finally saw a rock and walked over and grabbed it and walked over to the pond and threw the rock on the pond ice breaking it just enough to drink the sweet cold water.
Last edited by Desinee on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let the odds be ever in your favor
~Des~
Game Status:Online
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Etsu nodded again, then spoke in her quiet and fairly unused voice, "My name is Etsu.. and I ran into a bear that reopened my scar." She turned her eyes towards the male slightly, hoping the glow wouldn't be intense enough to be noticable. She was tempted to tell the male, unsure why she trusted him. Maybe because he was older, had probably seen more then a younger dog, and might find it slightly more normal. Odd that the Akita likes them. She mused to herself. The truth hurt- especially the details of it all. The whitecoats had locked her in tiny, dark den. They had put a bright liquid in her eyes that had burned and burned, and after many sessions she had noticed a faint blue glow whenever she opened her eyes. It had been a long time for her to realize that she herself was the cause of it.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

(I have a question, what is the plague? Is it a disease which rott's the meat on the animals but lets them live or something?)
For science!
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

((OOC: Watched any zombie apocalypse movies? c: That's basically what the plague does to an animal. Makes it immune to pain, rots the flesh and causes infection throughout the body, along with giving it a serious case of the munchies. ^^ I guess they could be called The Undead, even though they didn't come back to life or anything.))
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

(Hope this is good, my brain's pretty darn cloudy right now...)
Dell paused in his forward approach as Ayashe did an about-face and snarled. She stopped after a moment, causing him to tilt his head slightly in confusion. Was she angry at him? Her demeanor changed after only a moment, not giving him much more time to consider it. He brushed it off, guessing he just surprised her. He was pretty on edge as well, and would probably be startled pretty bad if someone appeared behind him. He swayed his tail in greeting for a minute, before speaking. "Hey, do you know where the others have gone off to? I got split up." He frowned slightly, hoping they were a safe distance from any of those abominations wandering about.
Desinee
Baby Gecko

Post by Desinee »

Rocco looked down at his reflection in the water.He was kinda thin and looked browner than usual.I look filthy!Rocco walked over to a mound snow and dived in rolling in it trying to rid himself of the filth from the lab and dirt in till there a a nice mud angel in the snow.
Let the odds be ever in your favor
~Des~
Game Status:Online
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Ayashe frowned an shook her head. "I was following their scent but I.." the collie's voice trailed off for a moment before starting again with a lower tone. "..got sidetracked." A shiver went up her spine and she was still, her mind tracing back to the wolf. Realizing she had started to stare past Delta, Aya quickly snapped her attention back to him and wagged her tail slowly. "We could try and find them together. I don't think it's safe for either of us alone out here anyways." She instinctively checked the air, nose twitching slightly against the cold air. The skies were darkening now as the dieing rays of the sun faded and left the forest cold and even darker than before. The place had a sinister air to it, day or night. As she sniffed, the wind picked up, tugging at her fur and pinning her ears flat against her head. For a moment she thought she smelled Etsu and Zula, but she had to close her eyes and dipped her head down because of the stinging cold wind making her eyes water. She sniffed again, but the smell was gone.
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Gesture let a small frown capture his expressions at the notion of Etsu being partly ripped open by a bear. “I’m sorry to hear that, but you seem to be healing quite nicely. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Etsu.” The grand lab bowed his head politely in her direction, tail swaying along the top of the snow casually. Upon lifting his skull and returning to his normal straightened posture, he happily noted she had grown bold enough to give him the slightest bit of eye contact. He glanced about the forest, while in thought. It seemed as unwelcoming and cold as any other acre of it he had seen did, “How was your escape thus far?” The male paused and with a slight chuckle added, “Besides being partly eaten by a bear.”
"Always be present."
-?
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

"Been traveling with two others... they may be following our scents by now." She murmered, thinking of Ayashe and Delta. Are they following us now? Are they safe? The woods still feels.. weird. She thought to herself, narrowing her eyes as she thought. "We ran across another bear.. possibly the same one... but I never saw the first. It didn't bite any of us. It looked half alive, with the skin and fur hanging from its bones..." She trailed off, and her breif moment of relaxing and opening up ended as she vividly recalled the hulking beast. Even only a slight glimpse had her terriefied. And it could see me, but I couldn't see it. Curse these stupid eyes. She almost growled aloud; was there anything she could do to permanently get rid of the glow? For a crazed moment, she wondered if blinding herself would work; but doubtfully. Just because she couldn't see didn't mean they wouldn'y glow.

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

((OOC: I'm gonna bring Aya back over to you guys again. Delta can follow If you'd like him too, Luna. Oh and guys, go check out the first post. c:))

Ayashe huddled on the ground for a moment as the wind blew on. As it eased to a small breeze she stood again, shaking her fur. "I hate this weather," Aya muttered, inhaling the cool night air. She was rewarded with the scent of Etsu and...who was she smelling? Thinking Etsu may be in danger, Ayashe leaped forward and bound through the snow, kicking up a shower of white behind her. The collie found the snow a nuisance that slowed her considerably, and it took a lot of effort on her part to move at all, let alone run.
The scents grew stronger as she pushed forward and she was sure she saw a glimpse Etsu's glowing eyes in the distance. Everything around her was practically a swatch of shadows for most of the time, and she relied heavily on her other senses to guide her. The moon must have been covered in the sky, leaving Ayashe to struggle in the darkness. As she trudged forward, a chill crept up her spine. It was hard not to panic if the scent grew faint or something rustled the tree branches above her. Releif flooded her when she saw two glowing orbs ahead. I wonder if she'd think oddly of me if I thanked her for her eyes? Ayashe snorted in amusement.
Panting heavily, Ayashe padded slowly forward and sat down to catch her breath. "Hey." It was all she could manage at the moment. She smelled Etsu and another dog, but she couldn't see him. "Who's he?" Ayashe growled, staring in the direction of the scent.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

((OOC: OOoh nice aya! ... random question. What DOES OOC mean?))
Etsu jumped slightly when she heard someone walk up beside her. "Ayashe!" She murmered, relieved. "That's Gesture. He escaped from the lab, like us." She was relieved it had been the collie, otherwise it might've been akward. The collie seemed to be the only one actually fascinated with her eyes, while the others simply accepted her. Only a matter of time until Gest notices. She mused.

Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

((OOC: OOC means Out Of Character. c: ))

Gesture nodded after Etsu finished speaking, “I came across a creature like the one you described. It seemed to have fallen into water somewhere, and was freezing. I saw it collapse and fall into stillness; but I’d have trouble calling that death, considering it already appeared to be dead before that.” Gest’s ears flicked in the direction of an approaching canine, and he shuffled his stance ever so subtly in preparation. Voice dropped into seriousness, “It seems we have company.” The male followed her with calm eyes, and only allowed his body to relax when it became apparent that this female was no threat; although he didn’t hide his displeasure as she proceeded to growl at him. The lab raised an unimpressed eyebrow at the collie’s growling and eventually spoke to her with his rough voice, “Save your breath, lass.” He then nodded in her direction, “Ayashe, was it? I’m honored.”
"Always be present."
-?