An occupational hazard.

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

An occupational hazard.

Post by Foxesrule »

You and your colony have been through lots. Rat poisoning, pest control, rat traps, the lot. Somehow you've managed to live this life of dangers-An occupational hazard, they say. A summary of your life-Entirely accurate. The numbers who had died in the last 12 full moons of unnatural causes was astonishing, beyond the count of grief. The youngest kitten to the most ancient elder was effected. Driven from many burrows, this life is getting too hard. Surely you must be able to do something?

We all dislike them but we all need rules.
Correct grammar and punctuation is a must-However, I don't mind how much or little you write.
Try and be active, although I understand that real life takes priority.
You must be a wild rat.
Follow all forum rules.
The most important one..Have fun!

Form

Feel free to add to add to the form.

Code: Select all

Name:
Personality:
Other:
I'll create mine tomorrow.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick
Location: In The Woods, Prowling With The Wolves - Hunting...

Re: An occupational hazard.

Post by DarkWolf »

Name: Topaz
Appearance: A sleek, Flexable, brown rat with green eyes and a pale tail.
Personality: Topaz is Kind, Cunning, Stealthy, Nimble
Other: She grew up on the streets and practiced jumping over and under things against her fathers will, she soon became what the rats call a "street runner", a somewhat rat version of the human's "Free- Running". Her father grew tired and angry with her and soon disowned her, distraught and angry she became an outcast. Never to talk to the other rats of the colony...

(how was that? :D )
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Accepted. ^^ I'll make my form soon.
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

(OK, well i'm gonna rp straight away... i'm bored xD)

Topaz judged the gap between the bin to the ledge she was currently standing on, She jumped forward and landed with a silent *thump* on the bin bag. She quickly tore into the bag with her teeth and claws, feasting on what was inside. What a lucky find, Thank heavens for Chinese new year! she thought as she ate what smelt like duck.
Suddenly, she heard snickers and voices circling her around the bins. She quickly got into defensive mode and bared her sharp teeth, watching the large shadows carefully.
Gang rats... she thought when five of them emerged from different angles, ensuring that she wouldn't be able to escape.
"Now what we got 'ere 'den boys?" the lead rat said with a thick accent, snickers and growls came from the other four rats as they came closer to her.
"Back off! i'm not looking for trouble, but i'll gladly deliver it to you boys!" She growls, showing her teeth before backing away slightly. The rats laughed before coming closer, the lead rat looking her over before deepening his voice and circling her.
"i don' 'pose ya know who we 're do ya darlin'?" he smirks when she shakes her head slightly scared now. "We-" he gestures around "are The Blood Rats. We capture poor 'lil colony rats like 'ourself 'an sell 'em off to ferals..." He smirks and comes closer to her, whispering in her ear "cats n' dogs ma darlin..." she squeaks when they all pounce towards her, she turns and twists out of their grasps and leaps up onto the drain-pipe but one of them bites her tail, causing her to loose her grip and she falls.
"Restrain that one!" the lead rat yells and the gang all pin her down onto the concrete pavement, then the lead rat picks her up like she was a feather and throws he into an old bird cage that was in the dumpster. Topaz starts to hear the laughter and growls fade away before hearing: "Send That one to Lakota..."

(mwhaha added villains xD lol i was bored and decided to add that group O.o xD)
Last edited by DarkWolf on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

(Great! ;p)
Name: Coryn
Appearance: Coryn is a sturdy, albino rat. Of course being a buck, he's bigger than does (Female rats .) but is indeed bigger than the average male.
Personality: Despite being muscular, Coryn is kind and caring, but if he has to, will fight.
Other: n/a

Coryn finished chewing on a juicy blueberry (For his mother had always told him that rats who eat blueberries do not die of the Sickness, which kills the majority of old rats and even humans.) and, once he had gulped it down, sniffed the air and looked around. He could smell several rats, which included one female. However, the smell of the males seemed familiar. He walked towards the scent silently, to the distance where he could hear their voices. The rough accent made him instantly remember-The Blood Rats. The fur on his sprine bristled and he had to stop himself from leaping out and attacking the leader. He could tell the female was in trouble, deep trouble, for that gang dealt with cats, of all creatures. He let out a low, quiet growl. Waiting until he heard their paws scampering away, Coryn stepped out from behind the bin. The scent of the doe was strongest, so she was still here.
"Where are you?" he called out softly.
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

Topaz growled in frustration as she pulls of the old bars of the bird cage, however the refuse to budge. she circled the cage, looking for any sign of weakness she could put force upon to break free. There was none. She sighed, laying down in defeat as all noise stilled apart from the cars of the nearby street and the occasional drunk laughter of humans. Suddenly, Topaz heard a voice, not like the thugs but a soft voice filled with curiosity.
"Where are you?" Her ears perked up at the sound and her eyes sparkled with hope that she could actually get out! she answered immediately with a loud, clear voice
"Over here! please help!" She scratched and bit at the bars, making enough noise so the other rat could find her.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Hearing her voice, Coryn rushed over to her. Without thinking, he started to gnaw away at it's hinge until his jaws screamed for him to stop.
″My teeth are blunt,″ he sighed, ignoring the pain vigilantly. ″But I′ll get you out... Somehow.″
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Name: Ice
Appearance: Brown-ish gray with white ears, paws, and circles around her eyes.
Personality: Ice is pretty easy-going for the most part. Just, don't get her mad. She isn't afraid to stand up for herself or for a friend, and will go into battle. She tries to be nice, unless she feels you will react positively to a sarcastic friendship.
Other: She is terrified of snakes, but only if they are aware of her presence. Dogs and cats are even more frightening.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Image
Name: Ice
Appearance: Brown-ish gray with white ears, paws, and circles around her eyes.
Personality: Ice is pretty easy-going for the most part. Just, don't get her mad. She isn't afraid to stand up for herself or for a friend, and will go into battle. She tries to be nice, unless she feels you will react positively to a sarcastic friendship.
Other: She is terrified of snakes, but only if they are aware of her presence. Dogs and cats are even more frightening.
Accepted. ^^
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

The Albino rushed over to her and instantly started gnawing at the bars, she was about to tell him it was no use- after all, she had tried.
″My teeth are blunt,″ he sighed ″But I′ll get you out... Somehow.″ Topaz sighed also, sitting down on the stand for the bird to sit on.
"Thanks, my name is Topaz by the way" She said with a small smile and sat fiddling with her tail, still scanning the cage for cracks or dents.
Out of the corner of her eye, Topaz saw something, There was a part of one of the cage's bars where it seemed to be cut in half. If topaz or the other rat could pull it or
bend it outward, Topaz could get out.
"Hey er.. whatever your name is! up there! see it? a small cut. if you pulled on it outward i could scramble out!" she alerted the gap to the rat's attention immediately.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

"My name's Coryn," he replied, before nodding and scurrying to where the cut was. He pulled on it with his teeth and it bent backwards. "Is that big enough?"
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

Topaz looks at the albino rat and nods "Nice to meet you Coryn" She then looked up at the hole and climbed up to the top and squeezes through the hole, rolling onto the pavement on her back. She got up a little dizzy and laughs, blushing.
"ow!, Thanks for getting me out there Coryn" She laughs and stands up, flicking off dirt with her tail.
"so what were you doing over around these parts when you found me?" she says with curiosity leaking into her voice.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

"No problem," Coryn replied, shrugging. And then he turned to face her again, "Nothing really. Just foraging."
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Ice wandered down the alleys of the streets. They were filthy, yet loaded with food. Darkness slunk around her, dimming her senses. She could hear the words of others, but they were to far to hear. It would be better to just keep quiet, being the Blood Rats are hanging about this area. Cats too.
Her heart jumped when a hiss echoed behind her.
"You are gonna scare it off!" a fire-red tom snapped at his friend-- a black cat with 2 white back-paws.
Instinctively, the rat took off, running down the alley towards the noises. If it were the Blood Rats, they would be just as frightened. Hopefully. If it were other cats, she was a goner, but if it were other rats... Well, safety in numbers!
She skid around the corner, cats at her heels. Down the middle of the other row of buildings, 2 rats were talking near a dumpster.
"Heeelp!" she squealed, and dove under the trash bin.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
DarkWolf
Bluebird Chick

Post by DarkWolf »

Topaz was about to reply to Coryn when another rat ran down the alleyway squealing like no tomorrow,
"Heeelp!" She squealed loudly and immediately dove under the dumpster behind them.
"what the?-" she started when she realized two cats were on the rat's heel like bees to honey, she instantly growled, going into defensive mode in front of where the rat was hiding. The two cats screeched to a stop, spraying dirt and garbage everywhere; Topaz bared her teeth at the large cats and slashed her tail with a *Crack* very much like a whip.
"Ha! bonus, 3 in 1 hey dude?" the fiery-red cat said to the black one who just nodded and unleashed his claws. oh no.. its a cat and its dumb goon, what joy! - note the sarcasm Topaz lazily sat down and flicked dirt off her claws before rolling her eyes and pointed at the cats
"Sooo are you done talking or what? i mean c'mon your meant to be, what? big mean cats who picked on rats right? what, humans didn't want you because of your looks?" She teased, secretly stalling for time. it was near midnight, at most rats know what happens at that time;The strays come out to play...
Every midnight the stray dogs come out and mess around with cats, chasing them around and picking on their small size. Most creatures in the city know that dogs and cats just don't mix, we have no clue why but they just don't.