Ice Age

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Ice Age

Post by Mook »

>>Its cold...dark. Well...almost. All accept the glow of the Northern lights swaying through the dead sky above. I couldn't quite decide where I was and all I could make out was the long shadows that followed chunks of snow or ice. Dead? Alive? Either way everything was silent. Hushed. Quieter than death could manage. Or at least that's how it seemed. My nose was dry and cracked from the harsh climate and the taste of blood was fresh in my mouth. I tried to move, but my body disobeyed, like if often liked to do. My muscles ached--burned. The pain was strong, and it wasn't until then that I could determine I was alive. Pain didn't exist in the realm of the passed, at least that's how the stories go. Nevermind that. My vision was blurred, weak from the brutal conditions my structure had sustained. I blinked repeatedly, until finally it cleared enough to tell which way was up. It was night, and there I was, far off from home. I was somewhere on the sheets of ice--over the ocean. It was clear to me I was way off from safe, at least here, alone in this brutal wasteland. I needed to move, to get home to my pack. Grunting, I was able to move my forepaw, despite the crippling pain encouraging me to give in. A slow process, but I managed to make it to my feet. Ice had gathered over my expanse of pelt, roughly frozen in clumps along strands of silver white hair. A whimper, that from my lips. Past experience told me my journey home wouldn't be easy. Not alone. Not in this condition. I pray to lupis that she'll spare me..

Welcome To The Ice Age
>>Glacies Aetas has come. It brings with it death and sorrow. Wolfen language for Ice Age. Stories suggest that the land has been cursed by an evil spirit, known infamously by the name Hiberno Aeternus, ancient wolf tongue for "Eternal Winter". A wolf must hunt down the entire story, if he or she wishes to know the whole tale of Hiberno.

It cripples this land, ice and snow reign in a constant furry down from the sky. Life seems nearly impossible for everyone here, all accept the few species that have adapted to the unforgiving ways of this coming force. A pack of dire wolves thrives here, deep within the winterous forest that is incased in the land. You are among them, and although your forces are strong, you and your family constantly struggle to survive Hiberno's furry. You must work together, for it is your only hope. Food and warmth is hard to find. Stay strong, and pray the lupis may spare you.

Conduct
>>This roleplay is not one to take lightly. Your character will constantly knock at death's door and conditions will be at worst. Stay on your toes, for your roleplay skills will be fitfully challenged. Bring all your talent, and roleplay with great detail. Passion. Nothing less. Here is a list of rules that will be needed to shape this roleplay into what it needs to be.

>> Follow basic rules of roleplay and WEO conduct. Anything less will result in 'ban' from the roleplay.
>>This is a detailed roleplay, so please treat it as such. I expect a few paragraphs, not a couple sentences. Use a minimal of 10 sentences.
>>Keep in mind this is a highly realistic roleplay, with acceptation of religion and wolf talk. That means I don't want to see a nearly invincible character. You cannot, for example, dive into the freezing waters located under the ice and expect to be fine. Your wolf would be dangerously close, if not dead, to death after experiencing such cold temperatures. KEEP IT REAL.
>>No power-playing, Bob-modding, or any other shenanigans of the sorts.
>>With this roleplay, an order of roleplay will be followed to make sure no one really falls behind. A list with the order will be determined by the order which everyone signs up and will be posted somewhere else, most likely where it will be easy to see. The only acceptation to this order would be if there is no response within five days of the last post, therefore they will be skipped and it will continue on to the next person.
>>Passion. A real roleplayer has passion and love for roleplay. I encourage you all to show me this, show all the colors to your rainbow. That means I would hate to see half hearted posts. Effort is key here.
>>Lastly, characters are allowed to fight and kill each other(killing with the permission of character's owner). Please make sure the fighting is kept between the characters and NOT the roleplayers. This is supposed to be a fun experience, so lets keep it that way. ^^
>>Have fun!

Joining Application
>>Character Name:
Appearance(Picture preferred):

Hierarchy
>>Ariella - Alpha/Dominant Female
>>Name - Alpha/Dominant Male
>>Name - Beta Male/Female
>>Name - Beta Male/Female
>>Isut - Subordinate Male
>>Maybelle - Subordinate Female
>>Name - Subordinate Male/Female
>>Name - Subordinate Male/Female
>>Name - Juvenile Male/Female
>>Name - Omega Male/Female

Roleplay Order
>>Ariella - Mook
>>Isut - Gemini
>>Maybelle - NatureHeart
>>Character - Account
>>Character - Account
>>Character - Account
Last edited by Mook on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Re: Ice Age

Post by Mook »

>>Character Name: Ariella Leigh Ann Sterlince - "Ari"
>>Age: 5 Years, 6 Months
>Gender: Female
>>Rank: Dominant Female

No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Gemini
Adult Bluebird

Post by Gemini »

Well I hope it's not too late.. but I LOVE Ice Age themed rp! Oh goodness I do! ;D
So may I join?

>>Character Name: Isut
Rank>> Subordinate male. However, Isut will show dominance over any other males who are in the pack, as he is one of the first members of the group.
Appearance(Picture preferred):

I hope all of this is sufficient. I am more than willing to change any of the information, including his color. I know black wolves were a result of dog-wolf interbreeding, which occurred around the time of the Ice Age.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

>>Character Name: Maybelle (May or Bell for short)
Appearance(Picture preferred): Image

I have been in a lot of role plays, but I don't think I really put my heart into the things about role plays I love best. Animals. Reading. Emotion. I will do my very best to but everything into this. I don't thing I have been trying to embrace the author inside of me. I love to write stories, as well as read them, but I just haven't brought out my full potential. Of course, I am young, and have had little experience with story writing. But each story I have written wasn't for the public. It was because I wanted too. But those were last year. This school year, I have learn SO much about writing, I will be better than ever. I really do hope so.

(A whole paragraph about what a terrible writer I am O_O x3Just kidding! I hope...)
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Mook
Adult Mouse

Post by Mook »

( Alright awesome! You are both accepted and we may begin ^^ and actually I'll have my turn skipped, so Gemini may give us an opening. )
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Gemini
Adult Bluebird

Post by Gemini »

No problem, hopefully this post is good, and an okay starter :3 )

Chilly winds ripped through the valleys, down from the white and gray peaks that rimmed the northern horizon. Icy crystals tumbled over the snow covered ground, as each breath of wind frosted yellowed tufts sticking up from the white blanket. It was a fresh, early snow as winter had only just arrived, but already the air was a biting, harrowing cold due to the polar breezes racing through the sky with unending mercy. It was a hazy gray above, with the sun a small silvery-yellow disc buried by smoky clouds. For 40,000 years the northern realms had been like this, the earth frozen permanently four to six inches under the soil. Known as Glacies Aetas, the harrowing winters and short summers had only left the toughest survive, but bringing with it super-races that could not live with out the conditions of Aetas. Wooly rhinoceroses, giant elk and deer, antelope and muflon all thrived. With the large, expansive grasslands support giant beasts without the needing to hide in forests. With these giant herbivores came the wolf, adapted to hunt in the snow where other beasts were weighed down by their size. Isut himself was bounding easily over the foot of ice that seperated him from the earth. He ran along a crest that swept along the rolling plains, his vantage point scanning across the terra. But there was little to be seen. Save for the patches of tall golden grass, the fresh snow had buried all signs of life, leaving the pack territory a desolate wasteland of untouched, pure white. The male's paws were the only sound save the restless wind that shuffled along his black fur as his pads crunched against the packed snow, his tail jauntily swinging behind him. Even if there was no food to be hunted, Isut was no newcomer to scavenging. It wasn't long before the canid ran down the ridge slopes and towards a single hooved, ravaged leg jutting through the snow. After a quick inspection, his powerful jaws closed about the femur and pulled out, freeing a frozen, clumped-furred hide of an old megaceros. Blood had long since matted the kill, and as Isut buried his muzzle into the skin, he could still detect the scent of frozen organs. It was most likely this solitary grazer had died from an old injury, and froze to the ground where she had stood. Coyotes and crows had gotten to her first, but Isut had smelled the scent of carrion days before. Noting it then, it was now he had approached the carcass to feed on it.
The sea was to the west of the plains, a several day's trot away. Inland, wolves were able to find more herds, but there was no shortage of washed-up whales or seals to be had out on the ice sheets. Isut's alphess, Ariella, had been out on them before gathering the lone Isut from the hills to the south. He had little clue as to why the female was out on those desolate ice packs, or where she had come from. Tales spoke of a strange land across the sea, a place where trees, a rare sight in Isut's world, grew in stretches. Where to the south there was a warmer climate and strange predators, with scaly skin and stubby legs, lurked in waters. But those were mere legends. Isut was presently more involved in ripping away rough, chewy meat from the carcass, lifting his head to give his surroundings an eyeballing.
Alone
Bluebird Chick

Post by Alone »

>>Character Name: Flash
>>Age: Four years
>>Gender: Male
>>Appearance: Click.
>>Rank: Subordinate Male

I hope I'm not too late! I've always loved the Ice Age and this is an amazing plot!