Hit The Drum

Used for role playing topics.

Moderator: Kenya

Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Hit The Drum

Post by Mook »

Sounds of the beating drum could be heard from miles around, dauntlessly it boomed. Through the tress, through the mountains, and onto the plains where the buffalo roam -- into each pair of ears that poised its presence within the near distance of the tribe's camp. The rhythm and was tone was distinct. Almost anyone could tell the instrument had been fashioned from that of a buffalo hide, as expected the impact against the surface would cause a rumbling vibration through the rest of its captivity before finally echoing through the air. And as it rang, as it pounded, against that hide, most indefinitely the energy would spark something throughout the territory. It was clear as the tension through the distance built, and everything grew silent after anything that valued it's life quickly took to hiding deep in the safety of the forest in quiet hopes the spirits would spare them through another day, and war. It is here that the two-legged have become abundant, as the land provides them with things they believe they need, to meet their complex demands of their own lives. The forest itself seemed to watch as the settlers moved into the land, watched as their numbers grew inside its own realms. They lived differently than the others already settled, destroying precious trees to build houses, fences, and an array of structures. You could crisply still catch ear of the booming drums, as you waited for it to begin. You have chosen your side, now let the war rage on.

Welcome to the Hit The Drum roleplay! Here, you will be able to take on the role of a horse in the wild west. It's the 19th century in Yellowstone National Park, the world is still vast and undiscovered to the makings of the white men, until now that is. Settlers have made their way into the area, invading the likes of the Lakota tribe's land. Of course things didn't start to boil immediately, not until the first railroad was built. The tribe has become unhappy with their actions, as now a metal set of train tracks right through the center of their land. Buffalo of the plains have become unable to cross the tracks, therefore this had interrupted their ways of hunting the greatly hooved beasts. A war has surfaced, and both sides are ready to battle with readied weapons.

In this roleplay, YOU are the horse. Of course both sides have great use for them in this time, whether it be for the settlers and their army, or the natives. There also lies a herd safe inside the mountains, wild mustangs of the west. They've been caught in the cross-fire of the mishap of the fight, and now their land has become the battle grounds for the events to unfold upon. You may choose to side with either parties of the war, or choose the path of freedom and run along with the wild herd. Choose your side, and let the battle begin.

Settlers and the army[US] - Most horses within the settlements have been called to the use of the army for the war. Most of them has been prepped for the war with the various trainings and exercise, and will now be used in the lines of war. Some, have been left behind to finish training and will be used in further battles. Any surviving horses will be re-used, while injured mounts will be either released into the wilderness to try and survive on their own, or shot to the head with a single blowing death. The army is harsh, strict, and will not tolerate trouble horses. Beware.

Wild - Basking in the likes of freedom among the land, the herd is pretty much explainable. Although, as war has begun, their world has been turned upside down. Shots, bangs, and roaring masses of warriors from both ends have flooded over the country side, and they've been forced to keep on the constant alert and travel at a tiring rate to different areas. Confusion and fear controls them. They run the risk of being captured from either side and directly being thrown into the folds of war. Injury can almost always result in death. Take care of yourself.

Lakota Tribe[Native] - Horses here are usually corralled near the tribe, and cared for by the majority of it's people. The natives are a bit more gentle with their mounts, and even take the time to paint them in the colors of war. Their riders fight with arrows and tomahawks, which means they are more exposed to injury. The tribe cares for injured mounts, and do their best to restore them to full health.

1 - Follow the basic rules of all roleplays(No Bob-modding, powerplaying, etc etc).
2 - Keep things realistic. No horns, wings, powers, and so on.
3 - Fighting and battling other characters is allowed, although make sure it is kept between characters, not the roleplayers.
4 - No killing another character without their permission.
5 - Do not jump farther into the roleplay without the others. Events and time of day will be regularly updated accordingly.
6 - Be respectful.
7 - Use some sort of bracket, braces, or parenthesis for out of character(OOC) chatter.
8 - This is a roleplay, which means you, well, ROLEPLAY. Please keep your posts to the minimum of a paragraph(5-7 Sentences). Detail is encouraged.
9 - And lastly, HAVE FUN.

Character Name:
Appearance[Would prefer a picture]:
Authority[Leading Mare/Stallion of a group or simply a subordinate, list gender along with it please]:
Army, Native, Or Wild?:

Please do not post your thread here, PM it to Mook and wait for it to be accepted before beginning.

Like what you see? Have a few ideas for the roleplay? Feel free to send a PM to Mook!

©Mook - 2013 All rights reserved
Last edited by Mook on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
WildLife
Baby Mouse
Location: Wherever mah wolfy takes meh. Maybe to Burger king :D

Re: Hit The Drum

Post by WildLife »

(Since Mook said I can set up the plot here it is.
The army and the native are still warring for even the smallest piece of grass. The natives are fighting their best, while the army is using their best bombs to blow up the peices of land Native have already won. Nobody is winning, but the army is claiming in a selfish way that their horses could take out a mile full of the native horses. So now, Its only war for horses. If hurt, army will try to heal you but at times if they feel cruel, will shoot you in the head. But, even with this bad deal, you get the finest grooming if you make it, the best food, and full protection. However, the natives choose to bring in a full recovery to a wounded horse.The food is not as good at all of the army and the grooming is constant, but you will not find one moment you are not dirty. Each side has its pros and cons, What side will you choose?)

Safari was hoping nothing would happen, but luckily nothing did happen. The daily things happen, army men riding their horses, Him and Bree lyn ran with the Natives on their backs, and a few other horses with no names that he knew of were running as well. As for the next thing that happens, the army men shoot at the horses and the men and the natives used their weapons to do the same. Safari always after the bloody battles is healed till the next day, and he didn't really know if Bree lyn got hurt often. Safari softly yawned and fell asleep, ready for anything that may come in his way.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.
I am.
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

( Nicely set Wolf :D Although I would like to point this out, in the 19th Century, booms are not used by the army. This is the west, strictly gun fire and RARELY old-fashioned canons that do not really...explode. )

The day was hot, and mid-summer insects buzzed mutely about the corral in the area. Bree snorted contently as she chewed on a mouthful of grass lazily. The day had settled into a soft pink haze on the far horizon as the sun gave it's farewell before, finally, it took its departure on the hemisphere. Soon a blanket of stars would cast the sky above, to reveal the twinkling spirits that constantly watched over them all, otherwise known as the ancestors of the Lakota tribe. The paint finished the fresh blades of foliage, swallowing subtly before craning her head downwards to fill the confides of her jaws with more of the wild grass. Her set of eyes peered at the speckled stallion standing a short distance away, which he too stood in the same wooden fence. And as her black tail flicked away the annoyance of biting flies from her legs, the horse pondered about him momentarily, although she was unsure if he would be safe to approach. She snorted nosily, clearing pollen from her nasal passage upon taking the next few steps to nibble for more grass. Moments passed by, and even in the depths of war, things seemed peaceful for a split second in the life she'd come to know. If she'd been born as a being with only two legs, in her bliss, a smile would portray silently on her features.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

CrystalFire nipped hungrily at the blades of emerald. The deliciousness of the food filled her jaws. No far from her, was the appaloosa stallion. He also munched on the grass just as she did. Her tail flicked the bugs away, and her coat twitched as the flies would land. As she lazily slugged her way over to the fence, where the grass grew high, a little girl came up. The mare lifted her head to gaze at the minute creature. The giggled and showed her teeth as if she was practicing hoe to hunt like a mountain lion. But Crystal moved closer to the human. She lifted her head over the fence, and down to the child. The girl giggled and grabbed hold of her mane. Just then something was told to her and she started running back to the native camp.
Some days CrystalFire wondered if risking her life was worth it to live here. Just then, back at the camp, the girl and the horses gazes locked.
'Oh yeah,' she thought, 'Definitely worth it.'
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
WildLife
Baby Mouse

Post by WildLife »

Safari looked at the mare with happiness, but this soon faded away and he munched on more grass. Safari saw the little girl turn her attention on CrystalFire. He thought 'Hmph. If it wasn't for those weird walking..things..that ride me, I wouldn't have to fight.' The stallion saw the fence and how short it was, and then saw a open field where most army men stay away. Safari jumps quickly over the fence and runs into the field, only to get dragged back to the fenced in area and tied to the fence.
I am.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

CrystalFire turned her attention to the stallion, now tied up to a post. She trotted over and started a conversation, "Tied to the post? Yeah, I've been there... Isn't very fun.. I once heard from a ex-army horse that was set free, that one mustang was tied to a post for three days with no food or water, in hopes to break him, whatever that means... But, they couldn't so they got that loud predator made of rock or something, and let it kill him..."

Crystal had really nothing else to tell, so she waited for something to break the akward silence.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
WildLife
Baby Mouse

Post by WildLife »

Safari smiled slightly and began to talk "Well, That sounds a bit far. The natives would never do this, well anyways.." He began to talk darkly "Without the natives, I would still have my little mare, and my mate..." He hoped that she would not respond, but he took another look at Crystalfire and blushed and thought 'She may remind you of Cherry, but ignore her...' and attempted to break free from the pole.
I am.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

CrystalFire didn't know what to say. She'd thought life here was pretty good. Always green grass, kind two-legs, and she is away from the white army.
"W-well," she stuttered " I kind of like it here..." She watched as the older stallion tried to escape to post. "Maybe if you chew on the, um, long, tail thing you will escape..?"
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
WildLife
Baby Mouse

Post by WildLife »

Safari smiled at Crystal and turned away. "No, I tried before. And anyhow, I overheard the weird walking things that talk funny say something about killing any horse that escape, that is what I heard anyhow. And how can you LIKE IT here? I was leader of a herd of wild horses, and all of my herd got KILLED by the natives, even killed my mate and filly!" and kicked the pole, breaking it and kicking anything in sight away, just not including Crystal. Safari stopped for a moment "Can't you look at the fur they wear? That is wild animal fur, Including my mate and filly. I don't know why they kept me alive, but they did." The stallion stared into Crystal fires eyes and memorys came back.

"Safari, No!" says a pretty mare while a filly looks at the mare and says "Mother, Father, What is going on!?" The natives were dragging the two away, with ropes. "Cherry, Emerald, Do not panic, I will come back for you!" he said, running, but got lassoed and dragged over. Cherry took a last look and said "Goodbye, Forever safari!" and got killed with an arrow. The filly was tied to a tree, and was given to the army, but was killed before even getting there.
I am.
Mook
Adult Mouse

Post by Mook »

She'd been listening to the other two horses talk a short distance away. She'd been facing away from them, although her ears had pivoted on top of her head to fully hear their exchange of words, all the while making her own silent remarks and comments in her head at what they'd said. Her tail swished against her rump, freeing her coat of the bugs after they'd settled once more. The mare pondered for a second, before finally, Bree Lyn turned to look at them. Of course her mane shifted with her movement, the eagle feather still delicately placed between the gentle strands of her hair. "Actually I'd believe that to be the buffalo I helped hunt yesterday." She interjected herself into the chat as she strode through the gap separating them. Her eyes almost seem to gleam with the remedies of a smile, as her pupils amused silently upon her fellow equines. "Bree Lyn, Bree for short." A single one of her tanned ears leaned back, listening to the subtle sounds of a child playing near the pen. Nothing new, and the mare seemed to chuckle with half amusement as her sides twitched. She remembered her first Fall here, remembered how much she'd hated them all as well. Heck, she could even recall the time she actually escaped like it was yesterday, and for a second, Bree felt like the oldest horse alive in her memories. It seemed to be so long ago.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
WildLife
Baby Mouse

Post by WildLife »

Safari snorted and felt so much like ramming into her like hes seen a buffalo do once or twice, but he never did. Safari looked deeply and darkly into her eyes and glared. "What do you want?"he saw the rope broke on the pole and he ran off, jumping over the fence, and dashing away. He could feel the clatter of hooves and other horses with the weird two legged creatures after him, but he only ran faster. One of the men leading the running horses shot a arrow at his rump, but he never gave up. Aventualy, he ran into a clutter of trees and grass, and they could no longer find his tracks. The men turned around and safari escaped sucsessfully, He would only come back if he found a purpose which there wasn't. "I don't need them.. I can survive on my own.. take over a herd, if there are any left..."
I am.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

CrystalRain turned to the horse which had cut into the conversation.
"Please tell me I'm not the odd one out here, liking these two-legs?" she asked with embarrassment. She had always thoughts that everyone liked it here, but, then again, she had only been here for a few months and still doesn't know everyone to their core. She glanced to the ground and stayed there. She went off into dreamland, where she imagined what would have happened to her if the natives haven't taken her from the wild.
Suddenly, she heard a snap and looked up. The rope and the pole had broken, and the stallion had leaped over the fence. There was an arrow in his flank, but he kept running. The mare didn't know what to do, but she did know one thing.
He would be back.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
WildLife
Baby Mouse

Post by WildLife »

Safari fell asleep in the search for a herd. He awoke with his flank bleeding and one of the young male two-legs tying him up, and dragging him and he almost got kicked in the face. The male shrieked something "I g__ the li__ _ascal!" The male that shot him in the flank and glared then ripped the arrow out. Safari shrieked in pain and kicked the male away in the face. The large male two leg put safari back in the pen, and safari snorted but looked at Crystal, and calmed down. He felt so mellow, and it reminded him so much of his dear lost mate, Cherry, with her dark black mane and fur, and her actions reminded him of Cherry. "Hello, Crystal. I see you saw me escape.." he said resting, while being groomed and his wound was being healed
I am.
Mook
Adult Mouse

Post by Mook »

She gave a soft nicker at the mare's question, her sides shaking with her soft laughter whilst shaking her head. "I've lived here since I was very young, and I couldn't imagine a better life than here." No words were exchanged after that, and she watched half heartily while the dark horse drifted into another state of mind. She also heard the rope snap, and just as Crystal did, her attention quickly spun to the stallion as he galloped away, a trail of Indians following close behind on their ponies. Bree couldn't help but chuckle again as she turned, moving away slowly from the mare's side, making use of the remains of grass across the ground of the pen.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
WildLife
Baby Mouse

Post by WildLife »

Looking at Bree he said "Here? Well, living here is like fighting the army men. Hard and brutal." He glared at the mare "You wouldn't understand wild, free, and dangerous. I lived in the wild, I was FINE on my own till those weird walking things attacked my herd.." and then Safari glanced at crystal and smiled and blushed, thinking 'Wow, shes so beatifull..' and turned. He fell asleep and in dream land this is what he dreamed...

Safari turned and looked at Cherry and smiled, and his enemy, another stallion named Tosa snickered and said "Ha!" and ran.

Safari saw a young boy run away, and then he snorted before walking somewhere more peacefull.
I am.