Re: Foxes of the city

Post by dinoman »

(how do you kill something twice?)
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

I dont know maybe she's magical???
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

((Try editing your post to say you ate it instead of killing a dead creature?))
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro growled angrily and backed away as the female emerged, teeth bared and ears flattened to his skull.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet sniffed the air. She could smell something all foxes longed for. Something like heaven in a basket compared to the city. The forest! Velvet barked a bark of joy and ran towards the smell, and soon found herself surrounded by vegetation and trees. She could hear and smell lots of prey! Dropping into a hunting crouch, she stalked a plump, big pigeon pecking at some seeds and pounced, killing it with a clean bite to the neck. Velvet ate it happily and went into a fox hole nearby, going to sleep instantly.
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

The fox looked mean and was way bigger than her, so she surrenderd. She could mold this foxes mind and then attack. or not attack at all. She failed to know so she just lay on her back. Waiting for the foxes response.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

Name: Mangy Rat
Appearance: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robchristi ... 975535546/
Personality: Bitter and paranoid. -rest to be roleplayed out-
Other: Young, very small, thin, and underfed. Still a kit.

(( :lol: I love the lol.... =D ))
Last edited by Mindy on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
Last edited by Mindy on blah blah blah, 1 time in total
or: 2 times
or: 12 times
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Your accepted, Mindy. :wink: Although it won't let me see the picture... Strange.
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

((Guess they thought that I was stealing bandwidth - and it was good of them. I might have, had I put the image directly on here rather than linking it. Now there should be no problems, though. And I changed my mind. I decided to get a more scruffy looking one that I thought suited him.))

Rat nosed about in a garbage can in an alley. A long, winding, twisting alley. There were plenty of places to hide away, he had found, and the Tall tended to avoid here.
Rat wrinkled his nose in obligatory disgust at the smells, but he picked through to find packages of plastics and cardboards, where there sometimes was still food left in crumbs at the bottom. Kind of dessert, really, because those were the best. He avoided cans, because they were sharp, and there often wasn't anything left. His main meal was an unspeakably stinky, vomit-colored blob of long rotted meat and sauces and vegetables, and might make him sick, later, but he had to try to get it down, and keep it down, for long enough until his next supper.
He backed away from the tipped over can, licking his lips, and brushed his paw over his face and whiskers once. A faint clattering in the distance alarmed him, so he tensely strode quietly behind a pile of beaten blue plastic boxes, looking out from a small gap warily into the alley to see if anything would come this way.
I often edit my posts. Most of the time, I do it before anyone else replies. But sometimes, I get unlucky. Sometimes, someone posts. Then it'll say at the bottom of my post:
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Soro growled once more before turning and hurrying off, he was too hungry for a fight so he just hurried off to find whatever the humans had left to rot.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet ran out of her den, looking for a meal. She spotted a sparrow, too busy trying to break a snail's shell to tell she was there. She dropped into a low hunting crouch, went a little bit closer, pounced and bit its neck.Velvet had just noticed her throat was sore, it was abit harder to breathe, she kept sneezing and had a runny nose. She knew straight away she was ill, but not dangerously ill. Velvet slowly made her way back to the hole with the sparrow in her mouth and heard a barking. Dog had been on her 'radar' for quite a long time, but she just thought it was any old dog with any old human, no danger at all. But she had been wrong. They were with a a human. The human had the Hard Shiny Grey Stick Of Doom. These dogs weren't wanting love and affection from humans. They wanted blood- Fox blood. Velvet instinctivley did one thing-Run to the nearest hole. So she followed her instincts, and went into the nearest fox burrow. She realised the human had a trick- They use Hard Shiny Grey Sticks to dig her out. The human picked her up,but she realised if she was going to die, she was going to give an impression first. Velvet sank her fangs into the human's arm and he screamed with pain, so Velvet used this chance to escape. The dogs were too busy whining in sympathy for their owner, while Velvet was in a river, to hide her scent. The dogs followed her five minutes later, but Velvet had most of herself underwater. The human came and shouted. "It's got away!" so they ran away instead of her. Velvet gotout of the water, shook her fur and went to find a hole to rest. She was walking along and realised she was back in the city, so she simply went into an abandoned factory and went to sleep.
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

After a while of waiting, Rat realized that the coast was clear. He cautiously went out into the open again, then, giving himself another lick, he slinked around the corner on his way out of the long, twisting alley. It was nearly time to be roaming the city.

Rat pushed his way into the pile of cardboard boxes that stood at the entrance to the alley and looked out into the street. It was empty, forlorn, but clean and spacious, with many places bearing tell-tale signs of regular activity. Deserted as usual. He sniffed the air, but tasting only the recently stale smells of people, he stepped out. He rather liked this corner.

He usually had tried not to stay in one place long. The Tall were very militantly stingy about their living quarters. The moment they caught a wiff of a sign of a fox living somewhere, they drove it out. At least, that was what happened to him last time he tried staying someplace. But he was rather relunctant to leave his alley. He'd been sleeping there for a week, and still he remained unfound. But Rat knew his luck would run out one day.
Maybe if he did end up being driven away, he could come back when the Tall had forgotten all about him...
Stupid. Stupid. He scowled. When he left, he left.

He started walking down the street.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Velvet could tell there was food nearby. But there was also alot of humans. Humans meant trouble, even death perhaps. But Velvet hadn't ate for nearly 21 moonrises now, and was willing to take the risk. She stalked stealthily through the shadows unnoticed, and barged into a fish and chip shop. All the humans there were in a different room, so she jumped over the counter to actually eat the food. Velvet poked her muzzle near a sausage, but barked in pain- It was too hot! One of the humans had heard her and came rushing in with a stick with fur on the end, hitting her.Velvet yelped and quickly stole the sausage ((It was still too hot, but she didn't care right now.)) and ran out of the fish and chip shop. By now all the humans walking about had saw her, and were screaming, running and calling Pest Patrol. Soon another human arrived, with the Hard Shiny Grey Stick Of Doom in hand. Velvet ran as fast as she could back to the factory she stayed in, but once she got there, she saw the human raise his weapon. BANG! and felt a sharp pain in her left hind leg. All went dark and she collapsed on the floor.
Mindy
Adult Bluebird

Post by Mindy »

Rat carefully poked his head around the street corner. Sure enough, there were only a few Tall roaming around, avoiding the dusty, debris scattered street that Rat had come from. All of the rocks here were unflawed, and the Tall were mostly milling about, roughly ripping apart their shiny noise-monsters in a mimicry of parasites and forcing them to hurtle at ridiculous speeds to their destination, where they would rip out again.

It was all fake, of course, but it still unnerved Rat to see them pretending to be parasitic.

The fox kept close to the large stone wall of nests to his left side, rather than to walk on the black cooled-tar that was their Monster-path. He sometimes wished for greenery to hide in, but he knew that this was best. It was much easier to live in the city than the "woods", could that park be called such a name. Rat wasn't even sure that the woods weren't a myth, as he'd never been there, but he sure wouldn't like living there. He knocked over a trash can and then clawed his way through the black plastic to reach the trash inside. Yup... trash... and sharp bits of ceramic. He backed away, and then continued down the street. Nope, sure would hate it...

Rat wasn't paying attention as he rounded the next corner, drunk on confidence on how his day was going. He jumped in alarm, bushy tail and dirty fur puffing out and standing on end as the bark of a Tall-young rang through the air. His ears flattened, and he bolted forward, and the barks of other Tall-youngs joined their friend. He felt a hard rock bang past his tail, and he almost tripped, but kept running as he heard the rock skidded across the pavement behind him. Chortling arose in the distance, and he turned the next corner that led to a plaza full of humans and slid underneath a group of green bushes, panting and shaking.
Tall-youngs were horrible. They were dumber, but much more primal, and were more often in groups than Tall.

In the market, he'd probably be safe for a short while.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

When Velvet regained conciousness, she looked around her. There was red splodges on the floor, and she knew where it had came from. The blood on her leg had dried, so she bent over to lick the wound. She tried to stand up, but she just fell down instantly, her leg was hurting so much... She barked. Barks of distress, pain and help. And then she just waited.