And lions bask beneath the light
The african leopard breaths a scowl
Herds of Warthogs, Zebras, Gazelle
On the run, ever wary
Even though it may seem scary
The circle of life keeps going on
On the barren lands of Africa

-Rules-
africa:: Follow the general roleplay rules.
africa:: Create as many animals to your heart's desire. Just keep them alive.
africa:: No point in joining if you don't stay loyal to us.
africa:: This is a realistic roleplay. Keep as realistic as possible. All animals, no matter how great, have limits. They can't hear something half way across the land.
africa:: No Bob modding or powerplay. Meaning you can't play as other people's characters, or have them to be invincible.
africa:: Remember to make drama, to keep everyone going. Also, have fun ;]

-Dangers-
These are what could happen in Africa. Whilst role playing, use these ideas to help you create some drama x]

Natural
Drought
Flood
Fire

Animal
Injured/killed in a fight for territory/dominance/mating rights
Injured/killed by other causes
Starvation
Thirst
Sickness and disease

-Animals-
Remember, a group has rankings. Challenging other animals in your group gains you a higher rank above them. In specific groups, only the lead male/female can mate.
Also, these are animals to start you off. If you have another animal in mind, of course you can play as that animal. These are simply ideas and information to get you started.

Lion (Can start a pride. Needs maximum of 1 male and 2 lionesses)
Cheetah (Can go along in a small group. Usually a brotherhood)
Leopard (Solitary animals)
Hippopotamus (Solitary animals. Needs a water source, otherwise result in death)
Giraffe (Herd animals, live together naturally. To start your own herd, must have atleast two supportive males and three supportive females)
Zebra (Herd animals, live together naturally. To start your own herd, must have atleast two supportive males and three supportive females)
Warthog (Herd animals, live together naturally. To start your own herd, must have atleast two supportive males and three supportive females)
Wildebeest (Herd animals, live together naturally. To start your own herd, must have atleast two supportive males and three supportive females)
Crocodile (Seen living in groups. Needs a water source, otherwise result in death)
Rhinoceros (Herd animals, live together naturally. To start your own herd, must have atleast two supportive males and three supportive females)
Buffalo (Herd animals, live together naturally. To start your own herd, must have atleast two males and three females)
Ostrich (Solitary, but seen together)
Vulture (Solitary, but seen together)
Meerkat (Live in Mobs. To start your own Mob, must have at least two supportive males and three supportive females)
Hyenas (Typically hunt in smaller groups, but live in groups up to 80 hyenas called Clans. To start your own Clan, must have at least two supportive males and three supportive females)
Baboon (Hunt and gather together in Packs. To start your own Pack, must have at least two supportive males and three supportive females)
African Wild Dog (Hunt together in Packs. To start your own pack, must have at least two supportive males and three supportive females.)

-Animal Groups-
If you are a group animal, you start off in a group already made for you, like a NPC group. You are allowed to start your own group (see above). Your group will be listed here, but you must inform the Author and give your group a name.

NPC Groups
Lion Pride (NPC)
Giraffe Herd (NPC)
Zebra Herd (NPC)
Warthog Herd (NPC)
Rhinoceros Herd (NPC)
Buffalo Herd (NPC)
Meerkat Mob (NPC)
Hyena Clan (NPC)
Baboon Pack (NPC)
African Wild Dog Pack (NPC)

User Groups
The Zebra Crossing - (DarkReality)

-Form-
Delete the notes ;]

Name:
Species:
Group: [If grouped, state group name and rank eg; leader, subordinate]
Mate: [Only applies for lead animals that live in groups]
Offspring:
Family:
Personality: [Optional]
Appearance:
Other:

-My Animals-

Name: Seth
Species: Cheetah
Group: Lone. Seeking to create a brotherhood.
Mate: None
Offspring: None
Family: A sister, left to walk her own path
Personality: Seth is a solitary cheetah, but believes in the strength of a brotherhood, where his kind will come together and hunt as one. He seeks to create his own group, and travels across the grasslands keeping a low profile.
Appearance: http://maryratner.com/wildlife_big/Mara ... d_shot.jpg
Other: None

Name: Reddle
Species: Vulture
Group: Solitary
Mate: Solitary
Offspring: Five vulture chicks from past events.
Family: A brother, somewhere beneath the sun.
Personality: Solitary, and quiet. Typically the first bird to try the carrion, or walk up to it, for her fearless and ferocious character.
Appearance: http://simonthomsett.wildlifedirect.org ... amibia.JPG

Name: Kriss/Kross
Species: Zebra
Group: Zebra Herd (NPC) Subordinates
Mate: None
Offspring: None
Family: Kross/Kriss
Personality: Shy and timid/Daring and brave
Appearance: http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/Johan ... diva-s.jpg
Last edited by Alias on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: -Africa-

Post by animalguy888 »

I think i would like to join. im just going to think it over first. I have not fully decided yet.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

[[ Okay then, I've completed the RP, feel free to ponder over it ;] ]]
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Name: Mystic
Species: Zebra
Group: Zebra Herd (NPC) her father is the leader of the herd, her mother died just 3 months after Mystic was born. Her aunt took care of her for 2 years until she was also killed by a pride of lions. Her father became old and ill, he was challenged and defeated by Mystic's cousin. Her father now stays at the end of the herd and watches out for danger.
Mate:
Offspring:
Family: Felix (NPC and former leader of Zebra Herd)
Personality: A very quiet female after her mother and aunt died. Her father tries to cheer her up but he never succeeds.
Appearance: Deep brown eyes and dark black stripes. Her hooves are a dark black like her stripes.
Other:
Last edited by Hope on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

I have made up my mind. Ill join

this is africa in genral right?

Theres an animal i want to use but its not on the list. If i can use it that would be nice.

Name: midnight (in memory of a dog i had when i was very young.)
Species: African Wild Dog
Group: [If grouped, state group name and rank eg; leader, subordinate] none yet but is looking to create one.
Mate: [Only applies for lead animals that live in groups]none
Offspring: none
Family:he left his old family to start a new one.
Personality: [Optional]since its optionaly im just going to be lazy and not put it there.+
Appearance: Image
Other: none

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

streak
Adult Bluebird

Post by streak »

Name: Tafari
Species: Lion
Group: Hoping to start a Pride but needs two females first
Mate:-
Offspring:-
Family: Left them all to start a Pride of his own
Personality:RP'd
Appearance:
lion.jpg
lion.jpg (118.97 KiB) Viewed 11780 times

Other:-
Have you seen my friend.Hoo.my friend.hoo.my friend.hoo. MY FRIEND. Im an owl all i sayishoo..oops.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Name: Ferry
Group: Looking to join a brotherhood
Mate: N/A
Offspring: N/A
Family: N/A
Personality: I'll RP it out, but basically, he's a bit of a fluttershy (scared of everything -_-)
Appearance: Image
Other: He's lucky to be alive, since his mother deemed him a runt. He was basically excluded from his family, but he followed them around and fed on the scraps that his siblings left and watched his mother hunt.

Name: Cheery
Species: Plains Zebra
Group: Zebra herd (NPC). Cheery is basically a subordinate.
Mate: Noope
Offspring: N/A
Family: Her parents are in another herd.
Personality: Just as her name says, Cheery is a super happy Zebra. It's like she constantly eats sugar.
Appearance: Click here :3
Other: I read about Zebra herds and it seems there's only one male in the herd with a few females (excluding colts). But sometimes they merge with bachelor herds :3 I'm going to assume that's what we'd done. Because it'd be weird if we were in a harem ;_;
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

[[ Thanks for joining, all accepted ;] And sure, I'll add the African Wild Dog on! Yes, this RP is generally on survival in Africa. Bear in mind we have droughts, wild fires and floods (maybe I'll add that on) here too. ]]
Image Image Image

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Name: Jenna
Species: lion
Group: Loner, was born alone, survived alone, and hunts alone.
Mate:
Offspring:
Family: Never knew them
Personality: A bit hot headed, will fight for what's rightfully her's. Very ambitious and will even take down a wildabeest by herself.
Appearance: A scar running down her eye from fighting for territory, darker orange then usual and a lighter orange belly and paws.
Other:

Mystic

Mystic slowly walked alone beside the grazing herd, looking for a spot to eat. She found a patch of grass beside a dead tree. She lowered her snout and took a bite of the dried grass. It wasn't much of a meal but atleast it filled her until she found more to eat.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

The heat stroked Seth's pelt, and the flare of the sun blinded him. He hadn't eaten for three days, and he was trying to keep close to the Nile. The water buffalo were lazing around in a waterhole many day walks ahead, but the Nile was simply crowded by crocodiles and hippos. Not a single prey to be found, but the only scent that lay ahead. He resumed his casual trot, but head down low, like a cheetah should. A cheetah is not the top of the food chain, he is below the lion, and he is below the jaguar. He is thin and lithe. Not a fighter, but a racer, a hunter. He is not built for fighting. Seth is a confident cheetah, but he knows he cannot match a lion. Not even a water buffalo. Not on his own, anyway. His only hope is to go to the waterhole, and hope there will be easier game around. Seth's hunger was sharpening every hour. If he didn't get food soon, he would grow weak, though it would take several days before he loses all his fat, and dies.

A shadow slide across the grassland. Reddle soared high above Africa. She had been following the lone cheetah for several days. Vultures follow predators in hope of a meal that would be provided for them, but it seemed this one is unlucky. Reddle couldn't see any other predators or circling vultures, so she strayed, not too far away from him. The cheetah went far too slowly for her liking, so she wasn't going to get far in one day. Taking the risk, she headed towards the direction the cheetah had been going for the past few hours. Soon, she found a herd of water buffalo, soaking in a muddy waterhole that drained ever so slowly away. As far as she could see, there were no carcasses. A few snakes around, perhaps, but nothing more. She scanned the area, and spotted dark dots to her left. Working her wings, she soared ahead to see what it was.

The zebra herd hurried on, with Xriss and Xross staying side by side. A young female had just been attacked by a lioness, and sadly, killed. The herd had left her to the lions and ran ahead, hoping that the carcass would distract the predators while they escaped. The brother and sister stuck close together amongst the herd, wisely staying in the middle of the crowd. Onwards they ran, in search of new areas to feed. With no-one else to talk to, they trotted towards one of the females, Mystic.
Image Image Image

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Mystic looked up from her grazing patch and studied the area, keeping a look-out for predators. She saw the two young zebras, Kriss and Kross, hurrying toward her.
"Hi guys," she swallowed some grass then greeted the two then whinnied a hello. "What are you guys up to?"

(I'll make one more.....haha)

Name: Sky
Group:
Mate:
Offspring:
Family: Recently left her mother to start her own life.
Personality: A little childish but a great friend, she rarely gets into fights. Swift and silent, she easily takes down a snack or a young or ill gazelle. She's good at cheering up friends and even a laugh or smile from her will make you happy.
Appearance: http://www.petsfoto.com/wp-content/uplo ... tahs11.jpg (With bright blue eyes giving her the name Sky)
Other:
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Xriss and Xross whinnied a delighted greeting. "Hi Mystic," they chorused. "Nothing much, just looking for the best patch of grass I guess!" Xriss replied cheerfully.
"And looking out for predators," added Xross, tossing his head. Xriss bent down to eat, standing beside her brother as always. Vultures are seen from behind them, and Xriss supressed a shudder. She liked to think her brother would always protect her.
Image Image Image

streak
Adult Bluebird

Post by streak »

Tafari stalked along the land looking for the perfect spot to start his own territory. "It needs to have a reliable source of food and water and on top of that i need at least two reliable females to live with and have as potential mates." he murmured to himself. He walked until he came to a bush with the scent of a lioness on it. "It smells like she's alone. Guess i'll go investigate."he said as he set off toward the source.
Have you seen my friend.Hoo.my friend.hoo.my friend.hoo. MY FRIEND. Im an owl all i sayishoo..oops.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Cheery chewed on some dry grass, one of her herd members had been hunted down by a lion. Cheery shoved the feelings away and became her usual self, eager to talk and interact with others. She stepped towards a few zebras who were talking and smiled at them. She bent down for a mouthful of grass, her ears listening for rustling.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Seth had seen the vulture soaring ahead, and despite himself, he broke into a run after it. He'd reached the water buffalo while following the vulture, but she'd turned and went another direction. Ignoring the residents of the waterhole, he made for the crowd of gathering birds and shooed them off. There was still a reasonable amount of meat, and the scent was fresh zebra, so he quickly started to feast. Until his belly was filled, Seth decided to track the new zebra scent. Zebras provide food, they meet up with other herds occasionally, and needed water all the same. It would be nightfall soon, but until then, Seth would not rest.

Reddle watched the cheetah follow the zebras, and as usual, was the first vulture to get back to the remains of the carcass, shoving over birds off to get to the meat. The carcasss was stripped to the bone, and Reddle, along with the other vultures, took flight. This time, she followed the cheetah, like she had done for some time, and a few other scavengers tagged along.
Image Image Image