Moving need help with pets!

Discuss the live critter cams, animals and green topics around the planet.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

oceanpelt
Bluebird Chick
Location: He's the map, he's the map, he's the map! Yeah, I am lost.

Moving need help with pets!

Post by oceanpelt »

I am moving in two weeks. I am owner of an older Calico cat named Callie. We have moved with her before, but it took us a week to find her. Now that we are moving again, since cats won't be able to understand us and Callie is very stubborn, we don't want her getting lost in the house again. She is an excellent hider and it can be days before we actually find her. She does not get along well with dogs, which we also have. Like most cats she has a large fear of dogs. We are moving into a town house, where there is no wall or backyard. Meaning my two dogs, in which their names are Tequila and Zorro, will have to stay inside our new home. There is a small, little spot in our front, but it is not very big and can bore them easily. I have a feeling they are going to chase Callie when they see her, or since they are actually weaker then she is, get hurt.

Besides the moving thing, our dogs and our cat, is becoming like a senior. Their stomachs start to ache when they eat the wrong food and we are thinking about a formula. My cat Callie, has been vomiting up her food and she just becomes more stubborn with what she eats. Her stomach is just becoming to sensitive, and since we are doing renting, we do not want her to ruin the tile, or carpet. Callie is not a human, I wish I could like teach her to puke in the toilet or in a plastic bag, but that is dangerous.

We are already going to try putting Callie in a carrier with food and water, until she gets used to the surroundings and new environment she is in. Also, we are going to a pet store named "Healthy Tails", because we hear it has excellent formulas for senior pets, and we are going to try "Bone Appetite" and see if they have any good pet treats, to keep the dogs from barking.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Moving need help with pets!

Post by NatureHeart »

My calico cat's name was Callie!! :cry: (She died last year, so I might cry now that you reminded me..) Anyway.. If the dogs can't go outside on your property, I suggest taking them out to a dog park frequently. It will help get their energy out. Once it is out, you don't have to worry too much about them annoying Callie. Now, with Callie hiding. I would suggest slowly introducing her to new rooms each week. Start her off in a smaller room, and slowly get bigger. In each room, look for her hiding spots. Find the main ones, and it won't be hard to find her if she is hiding. I hope I helped! :D
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥