Caterpillar egg problem

Discuss the live critter cams, animals and green topics around the planet.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

umbreongirl2
Baby Mouse

Caterpillar egg problem

Post by umbreongirl2 »

A few weeks ago, i saw a moth laying her eggs. It was an amazing sight, but the branch they were on was breaking.
A week ago, a storm came. I had no choice, the leaves were breaking, and the branch was barely attached to the plant. The unborn caterpillars were at great risk, I put it in my garage. There is no known way to put the branch back, what should i do?
I cant just leave them there.
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define reality. But what does it mean to be correct or true? Merely vague concepts ... their reality may all be a mirage. ~Itachi
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Caterpillar egg problem

Post by animalguy888 »

umbreongirl2 wrote:A few weeks ago, i saw a moth laying her eggs. It was an amazing sight, but the branch they were on was breaking.
A week ago, a storm came. I had no choice, the leaves were breaking, and the branch was barely attached to the plant. The unborn caterpillars were at great risk, I put it in my garage. There is no known way to put the branch back, what should i do?
I cant just leave them there.
First off it may have looked like they were in trouble but they may have been perfectly fine. They have delt with things like this since before humans existed. Even with all the mass extinctions on the earth insects still raned supreme since the dawn of time. The first multicelular orginasims to appear the formation of the earth were insects and other inverterbrets. Yes insects are that old. If the can can survive astroids,commets,gamma-ray busts,superplumes and other firey dooms i think a moth egg can survive a strong wind. The eggs themselves were born survivors. Second only buterflies turn into catepilliers moths turn into that somewhat gross apearnce we call larva.also some larva do bite.(I know this from first hand experince. I got biten hard when I was little after discovering larva of some kind along with my sister who was also biten.) Some moths are also conidered pests such as the pantry moth. The pantry moth larvae looks like this. A lot of moths may look similer.

If you do not want somthing like that in your garage I have two solutions. 1. step on it. 2. respectivly place it in nearby tree and just leave it.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

umbreongirl2
Baby Mouse

Post by umbreongirl2 »

I put them in a small container in my room, my plan was to put them back when the storm ended but later on, all i found was poop.
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define reality. But what does it mean to be correct or true? Merely vague concepts ... their reality may all be a mirage. ~Itachi
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Oh I'm sorry. But larvae without protection are/is food for many animals.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

umbreongirl2 wrote:I put them in a small container in my room, my plan was to put them back when the storm ended but later on, all i found was poop.
Well then, unless there was a good lid on that container, there are probably little caterpillars crawling all over your room.
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Kazz!You don't need to scare everybody! But anyways that's not true all bugs are prey to things like birds... And stuff.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Please don't dig up dead topics. Thanks.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!