Local Zoo?

Discuss the live critter cams, animals and green topics around the planet.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

Alpha Ridley
Adult Mouse

Local Zoo?

Post by Alpha Ridley »

If you have a local zoo, post it here and tell us about it!

The Magnetic Hill Zoo is Atlantic Canada's largest zoo. It has pony rides, restaurants, and lots of animals. My favorite are the lions!
Please join my Okavango Delta RP!
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Re: Local Zoo?

Post by SouthernStar »

Cotswold wild life park...

Been there so many times >.>
For science!
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

The local zoo here is rather small, but nice. Its got a bear or two, a couple camels, and two wolves. Probably has other assorted animals, but I haven't visited it much. This thread has reminded me about it though, perhaps I'll go sometime. c:
"Always be present."
-?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

point defience zoo and aquirium is my favorite local zoo! They have red wolves and I believe have a breeding program for them if I remember correctly they are an endaagered species. Also they have tigers who sucssufely had cubs this year. Now they got their clouded leapords to have cubs as well. The zoo houses penguins,elephents,sea otters,a giant pacific octopus and even have a large aqurium tank that holds sharks,halibut,and other fish. though im not sure if its halibut it could be aother type of sidways fish like this Image

They used to have beluga whales when I was younger,but the were transfered and are moving on to the next step of their rehabilitation program. The belugas are slowly progressing towards being released into the wild. Their empty tank is now filled with a group of harbor seals.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Darkmoon
Baby Gecko

Post by Darkmoon »

:D I use to go to the Houston zoo SO MANY TIMES X3 but I remember hearing how the alpha male meerkat died a year prior to that visit. While visiting TX in July i saw a banner that said they added an african section and were working on some rainforest creatures :D (my last visit had a "panda enclousure under construction" sign to ^-^)

Sadly the nearest zoo now is in Traverse City. About an hour south west from here and dad whould never take me there just to see "a bunch of dirty critters sitting there" :(
IGN: Zephyr , User #49266 :D Playing for ~7 years.... and still no fire ants :oops:
kamekora
Bluebird Chick

Post by kamekora »

What are some natural and wildlife jobs that do not require a degree? I am getting my BA in marketing, but I never really enjoyed business. I just finished the degree because I was already this far. But I really want to work in the natural resource or wildlife field. What are some careers that I can look into that are along the lines of natural resources or wildlife, even working with animals, that do not require a degree in that particular field?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Went to my local zoo last week. I got lots of pictures. Including rare and endangered red wolves. I also got a few snapshots of their clouded leapord cubs. Ill share them.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

I just recently went to my local zoo..sadly my camera decided to retire that day .-.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d