City Hall Canidates

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

City Hall Canidates

Post by Jezibel »

First of all, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move

I wanted to open this topic for a while, so I decided to open it now. This topic is about the City Hall Canidates.
So I was thinking: If you run for the City Hall and have won two or three years in a row, should you be able to run again?
I think "No." Some of you think "Yes."
What do you think?
Would you let others get a chance to be able to be part of the City Hall if they never have been, or do you want the same people to win?
Post your opinions here.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Re: City Hall Canidates

Post by Alrai »

Honestly, I have never seen a single person be elected to the WEO city hall consecutively for "two or three years", let alone a single year.
As the terms served are only a month long, the opportunities for new persons to be elected are actually quite frequent.
Personally, I think capping the amount of terms a single player can serve on city hall would only prevent our community's more experienced players from helping to their full potential.

Perhaps there could be a system set where a single player cannot consecutively be elected to a specific position for more than x amount of months?
That would cause more variation in the system, as opening up new opportunity for different players. It also wouldn't prevent the experienced and willing players from continually being elected, if the community so wills it.
Your thoughts?
"Always be present."
-?
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I actually agree, but I don't know what else to say about your opinion.
I was thinking more like let someone who hasn't been a Sheriff/ Judge/ Mayor be what they ran for, and see what happens, and if they want to run again next time. But, along side them are more expireneced Canidates to help them along the way.
Maybe not?
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

I understand that your intention is to have more players get a chance to run in City Hall, but I am not sure how you want this concept to be realized.
How would this system you envision actually work?
"Always be present."
-?
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I don't know. It might not actually work at all

~ Jez ❤
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Personally, I believe the current voting and election system for WEO's city hall is fair, and offers sufficient opportunity for all players to become involved.
"Always be present."
-?
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

True. I just don't know what else to say. :/

~ Jez ❤
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

I'll share my opinion.
Honestly there are only 3 or 4 people that get elected for city hall candidates that actually post on the forum, let alone know what the forum is.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Post by MidnightRose »

Scarikas wrote:I'll share my opinion.
Honestly there are only 3 or 4 people that get elected for city hall candidates that actually post on the forum, let alone know what the forum is.
That's true. Actually, a few times I ran into a sheriff/judge/sometimes even a Mayor, who don't even know much about the game. Though I don't really have any ideas on how the system could change right now, but I don't think it made sense. I guess they could have had friends to vote for them, but still... They should actually get on the forums to check for reports, ect. I'm starting to think some people just run for the fun of it, and actually have no idea what they're suppose to do. Of course, there are good candidates, which is good, but I've noticed lately how many people who sign up don't even have a forum account.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I have to agree with you, Mid. There are some people (not naming anyone) who have ran for the City Hall, but haven't been on the forums since he/she won.
I get that people have lives to live, but why run for the City Hall when your not going to be active? In my opinion, I think it's kind of a waste of time. I mean, you run, and you win. You have some responsibility on your hands. What if someone reports another member for cussing or something, and your not there, and your the judge? I get that a moderator can take over that spot until that user comes back, but if you sign up for a rank in the City Hall, shouldn't you be active?

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

i agree as well. Why run if your not going to be active or joined the game that very day.

Maybe there could be a solution. Like a Rule or Requirment system for city hall. For example You would have to create a fourm account before you participate. As well as you have to have played the game and be on the fourms for at least a week or two before you are eligable to run for city hall. This way pretty much anyone can still run but with at least a little bit of knowlage and experince so that they know what to do.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I like that idea, Animalguy. Great idea.

~ Jez ❤
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

I'll post that idea in the mod board for WEO to consider. I also find it frustrating when a moderator has to step in and do the banning since the person in charge of it isn't doing their job. But anyways, hopefully something can be done then.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

It just seems frustrating when you have to take over someone's spot in the City Hall, and it's not your job to.
Anyways, thanks Kenya.

~ Jez ❤