Forum Suggestions Topic

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Kenya
Global Moderator

Forum Suggestions Topic

Post by Kenya »

Hey guys,
Just noticed we don't have a place to voice for new things for the forums! So, please use this thread to discuss things you'd like to see on the forums, etc. All game ideas go under the game suggestions topic, and all City Hall suggestions can go under that topic. This one is meant only for forum-related suggestions. If you'd like to see a specific forum on here, want a rule fixed, etc. then please suggest it here! I'll be looking over the replies and see what I can do; we'll definitely keep an eye on this topic. Thanks!

All other mods can edit my post to add to the list if they'd like.

Master List:
~ Other Games forum
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Forum Suggestions Topic

Post by NatureHeart »

I think that when a forum is inside a forum, (ex. Off Topic- Forum Games) and the inner forum has a new post, the main forum bubble shouldn't be red, but just the little bubble. I have been getting confused on what forums actually have new posts lately.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I think there should be a 'Other games' forum, or inside Off-Topic. It would make it much easier to find, for example, someone to trade with on, lets say, Magistream, or just to discuss other games.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I was thinking maybe you could hire some mods that are active and they behave. I have some people on my mind that would do great, but I can't pick anyone.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

NatureHeart wrote:I think that when a forum is inside a forum, (ex. Off Topic- Forum Games) and the inner forum has a new post, the main forum bubble shouldn't be red, but just the little bubble. I have been getting confused on what forums actually have new posts lately.
Can't really do anything about that, since that's how the phpBB forums work; sorry!
Foxesrule wrote:I think there should be a 'Other games' forum, or inside Off-Topic. It would make it much easier to find, for example, someone to trade with on, lets say, Magistream, or just to discuss other games.
I'll add that to the list, however we'll have to think about that. Nice suggestion though!
Jezibel wrote:I was thinking maybe you could hire some mods that are active and they behave. I have some people on my mind that would do great, but I can't pick anyone.
Please note that we do try to get on when we can, and help in any way possible. With Alex away (haven't seen him since the 22nd) we are considering adding a new moderator though we're currently still deciding on what to do (applications, choose them based on experience, etc.). It's always great if you guys can help us out and report topics and such, since there's only two of us (and WEO!) so more eyes on the forums is always appreciated.

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I think you should do either do applications in PM's, or maybe choose one that has been here for awhile, and has behaved(and of course experience).
If you do choose the applications, you could narrow it down to the ones you like the most, and you could discuss them with WEO. Now, if you choose picking a well behaved member, then you could also narrow it down to a couple of people, and then pick the one you think would do the best. And of course show they are right for the job.
I don't really know what else to say. You are the moderator, Kenya. It's your decision, not mine.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Well, it first depends on if Alex comes back or not. If not, he'll unfortunately be demodded and we'll be seeing about a new moderator. I would like it to be quick and painless by choosing based on activity, helpfulness, etc. buuuuut I haven't seen any over-the-top active/helpful people yet, and with each candidate comes a lot of background checking and whatnot. I personally think applications would be easier, that way we can have a list so in case a moderator leaves the team, we still have a list of candidates to choose from instead of going through the application process each time.

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I like the idea. I haven't seem Alex in a while on WCRPG, either. It'd be sad to see him leave the team. He was a great mod, and I just hope he comes back soon.

~ Jez ❤
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

If you're going to throw out "open-to-all" applications, emphasize the fact that no one should be offended should they not be accepted. Yes, I'm still stuck on the easy-to-offend topic. ;p

Was pondering a bit, and mayhaps public opinion wouldn't do much harm, either. Not that we vote for who becomes the next moderator, but just see what everyone has to say on a potential mod. After all, if the person in question isn't liked by the public a lot, what good will they do? Likewise, if they're loved, then things could run a bit more smoothly. Although no surprise if no one ever becomes fully beloved, c'est la vie. Nonetheless.

...Or some other public-related... THING. Just throwing the idea out to see where it goes; don't know all the pros and cons yet. ;p
Artwork: Tumblr
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

It would be interesting to see other's opinions, however as long as the person chosen is capable of being a mature, helpful and reponsible person I see no reason why they shouldn't be chosen just because they're not liked, versus someone who is well liked but knows nothing about the forums. x3
As well, being a moderator does mean that you will be hated and/or disliked by a few people since it is your job to make sure everyone is following the rules accordingly. If we are to choose another moderator, there will be a topic about it in the announcements forum with all needed information on it, so no worries about that. ;)

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Mods will always be criticized at least once by one person, sadly enough.

My simple reasoning, though, was that if a moderator turns out to be someone who isn't very well liked by anyone on the forums at all, then people will only stubbornly follow, might be more willing to fight the discipline, might try to get the moderator in trouble even, etc. etc. But, reasonable thinking or not - not sure - I don't think anyone on the forum here is that disliked.
Artwork: Tumblr
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Exactly. In my life, I'm hated by everyone in the school. It honestly doesn't bug me much because, well, it just doesn't. I agree with you, Quagga, because I'm pretty sure no one here is hated or disliked by anyone.
Back to Alex being absent, I think you should give him a week or two to come back. I'd hate to see him go.

~ Jez ❤
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

WEO and I are currently discussing it, so if anything does happen you guys will definitely hear about it. For now, we should drop the discussion and pick it up again if things end up that way. Who knows, maybe Alex went on a surprise vacation or something and forgot to post about his absence.

So in the meantime, feel free to help me out by reporting posts/topics you feel go against the rules of the forum. ^^

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Sounds good, Kenya. I'll keep a look out for anything that looks suspicious.

~ Jez ❤