Sol The Condor. (FINISHED!)

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Sol The Condor. (FINISHED!)

Post by Scarikas »

(Every bit of this is true, except the npc's talking. So I'm just gonna start cause I have more to write)
Sol's Condition:
Before Death

Artwork of Sol:

Act 1

I blinked my eyes open. The light from the outside world filtered in through the cracks in the opening to a condor cave. I knew I had taken the body of a female condor chick, and my brother was sitting next to me. His name was Seneca. But in surprise, I looked over and saw a sister. A twin sister. Her name was Marion.

Soon, My parents began teaching me and introducing meat to me. My sister, Marion, would kindly offer me the food first and eat it after a few seconds.
She challenged me once, and I defeated her. This gave me some confidence and I started gaining battle skill on her, but lightened up after my energy got too low.
I reincarnated at a wrong time, where I was just about to grow up. I know my body was copied from Marion's, her being the only female.

I checked my status. My crave of gravel and minerals seemed to pulse in my brain, and I honestly needed to use the bathroom. My parents had chosen the rediculous male name of Sol, though I was a girl.

My parents regurgitated and I ate it obediantly, despite how disgusting it tasted. My sister was sitting at the entrance with my brother while I lay in the shadows. They were sitting side-by-side, the shadows to their backs and their faces unseen. My father cleaned me once, and then flew out with my mother. I knew that I would be safe, for our cave was very high on the mountains. And what would a goat do to a pair of ugly condor chicks? The fools would run for their lives at the sight of one.

I went outside to do my business. There was some lichen nearby and I hoped my waste could be used as a fertilizer, if not moved by my parents. A single bluebird chirped, and the woods were silent. I scanned the horizon, Bluebird Forest dawned at the edge. A whooshing wind almost blew me off the ledge as my father and mother shot out of the entrance. Since our cave was the highest, it had the largest walking ledge. There was a swarm of worms near the edge of the cliff, one square toward the land, but I didn't go near it via fear of falling off.

Upon coming back in the den, my parents had regurgitated at the back. I took a bite of the mushy yellow goop, and my twin Marion finished off the rest. Karin, my mother, cleaned us while Seneca continued to sit under the warm sun of the entrance.
After Tristan took his turn of cleaning us and then moving on to our brother, I challenged Marion until exhaustion clenched at my talons. I slept some, and waited for my parent's return.

When I awoke, I noticed a dead parasite lying on the ground and looked on towards the shadows. The darkness forced me to adjust my eyes, and I saw more of the black dots speckling the ground. I knew a bluebird, a cardinal, or probably a hawk had once lived here and made a nest, which had eventually attracted the now-dead creatures. As I yawned and the drowsyness slowly seeped from me, my mother gave me another thick clean. Dad came in and Marion whined at him. She knew that I was hungry, for I had given her the last 2 meat bits. Sadly, our dad didn't drop anything but our mother came in shortly after. She dropped a meat bit to Seneca, and some jelousy and yearning for food gripped me and made my stomach rumble. I tried the cry for myself.
"Daddy!" I said.
As if to dissapoint me, Karin gave me another clean.
Our dad left, and I got myself ready to eat whatever he brought back. Soon enough, my mother left and my dad entered. I stiffened as he walked over.
Quickly, I snatched up the meat bit hungrily. My stomach filled to a little over half, and I saw Marion getting restless, as to accuse me for forgetting my generosity. I reminded her I had given her the last 2 meat bits, but she just told me that it wasn't generous to give losses just to expect something in return. I began to feel guilty, and played with her and promised to give her the next meat bit.

When my parents came in I was even hungrier and ended up breaking my promise. This made Marion angry, she challenged me, toppling me over and wearing down my rank. She then went over and sat next to her brother, who hadn't moved from the sunlit place. I felt even worse, eating what hadn't been mine, but I also felt battle-ready. If Marion wanted to be aggressive, then she could be. I ran over and rolled her out of the den, my rank going up and leaving her squealing in surprise.

This took almost all my energy, and another rest would leave me absolutely starving. Not to mention Marion was being so stubborn and "stunned with fear" that I had to pick her up and drag her back in the cave.
Though I knew what would happen if I did, I slept. When I woke up, my belly clenched with hunger and for the first time I started whining. Marion was in her place next to my brother, sitting on the edge looking out with her face hidden. By now, we started getting our thick white stripes and black feathers. We would soon be leaving the den. For the first time, my brother spoke and told me to stop complaining. His cold voice chilled me to a brim, and I quietted down. After my parents regurgitated for me, I was alot calmer. Then, my brother leapt off the cliff and a black silhouette passed by our cave upwards. I knew it was him, soaring away. My mother flew out and made a squawk, congratulating him. Soon after, my twin ran out and took flight. My father followed confidently.

I was the last one.

I knew I had always been an outcast, since I was merely added and not spawned with the rest of them. I knew I was just a perfect copy of Marion, but our personalities were nothing alike. When my parents didn't return, the hunger in my stomach told me that I needed to care for myself. As my senses told me bad weather was coming, I knew I would need to get out and make my place in the world. Fast. Hunched over, a young black and white female, I jumped off.

Though I thought I had been left behind, Tristin was circling the entrance and smiling down at me. In my distraction, I instantly plummetted towards the ground. I tried to get my heavy side up, so I could get some air resistance, but I just kept falling. I spread my wing out, and the resistance increased, and soon I was upright and soaring. Marion was behind me, having a fit of congratulation to me and herself.
Seneca was already off and mom had vanished. None of them had made any farewell and probably never will.

I landed on the ground and ate some remains of an old carcass. I guessed it had been an old snake, for there was so much meat I was full before it was completely gone. Then I started to guess it was a bird or a large rabbit, for it's place of death was surrounded by seeds. I spotted some dung in the short grass and smelled it, and there the answer was proven. The victim was a cardinal named WinterWind, and by the age I knew the feather was either picked up or faded. My father flew over me, wondering what I was doing on the ground, and I took flight and soared above him until the ground became thick with fog, then did a dive into top speed and I soared away from my home cave, and began my journey to the next world, where I would never be seen or recognized by my family again.

WORLD 2

Upon arriving in the next world, the cold sun hinted that it was the start of spring. As a condor, I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted until spring.
A sudden voice interrupted my thoughts.
"Hi!" a nearby male condor said. I checked his stats, he had a weird name, like mine, and it was "Dr. Horrible"

I told him I came from world 4, and there was just a silence. He looked like he didn't understand. I was about to explain what I meant, but he suddenly dissapeared, as if disconnected. I shrugged, and soared away towards the waterfall.

After a bit, the rain I had suspected started falling and I was soon soaked. Darkness was cast over the land, but at least it was just a slight drizzle. The wind wasn't strong, so I had a good controlled flight down to the meadows beneath Bluebird Forest.

Before flying over the meadows, I ate some gravel and licked some minerals. I was exhausted and cold, and planned to go to a nearby ground cave I saw, east of the center meadow.

I walked in slowly, praying that nobody lived there.
My wishes came true when I came in to see no cub or mother bear. I layed down in the old hay and rocks, and fell into a sleep. The puffiness of my feathers allowed me to feel comfortable without a nest of my own. There were black dots here, but they were dead.

I felt bored when I woke up, I lay there for about an hour, letting time whoosh by. I decided I would train and come back here to sleep when I was tired. It was spring, so alot of rodents were to be about that I could hunt, but spring also meant not many carcasses.
I knew that the coming summer would be full of carcasses, a perfect season to raise my chicks if I were to ever have any.

When I looked outside, it was still raining. Before I could get any wet, I ducked back inside the cave and sat there. I gave the inside of my wing a little pecking and a few scratches of my talon to clean myself. I took a look at my stats.
My combat skill was somewhat full, but pathetically low. My body heat was perfect and I only lacked about a 5th of sleep. I seemed lonely, having no socialization at all and soon I would need to find a friend. In my mists of sleep, I only dozed for about 15 minutes and then lay there, bored out of my birdbrain.
I looked at the entrance, droplets still rained around the edges and drizzled over the rocks. If a rodent came in here, it would have trouble getting out. But my nifty talons allowed me to easily climb up the ladder of rocks vertically.
Though the water came down the rocks thickly, roots lead the water into the dirt and any extra water was soaked up by the old, fluffy hay and dust at the edges of the old worned-down lumps of nest materials.
I gave myself another quick clean, and lay bored again. Spring was almost halfway through, and I knew it must be around March, the rainiest month.

I poked my head out again. The wind was blowing harder than before, but not enough to make the rain slant or come down like buckets. I was beginning to get hungry, and I would have to tolerate gettng my feathers wet. I flew out into the storm. The winds blew me off track for a second, but I eventually got used to it and soared towards the river.

I had drinken some, my feathers were soaking now. I felt myself get skinnier, my stomach empty. I flew over and saw a dead bird flowing down the steady path of the river. I dragged it to shore and started eating it. It's lungs were filled with water but it had a large slice across the nose. I guessed a rock had gotten it. Most of it's feathers had plucked away and were flowing downriver. It was a small bird, so it didn't fill more than a fourth of hunger.

I was going to eat the corpse of a mouse when a wolf named Karin shot underneath me and gulped the carcass up in one bite. She ate another nearby carcass, and it seemed that every one I went to she shot to before I could. Finally, taking advantage of my speed, I flew over to a carcass and started ripping out of it.
I finished the carcass as the wolf entered my square and she just stood it in, as if to be clueless and getting the message "There is nothing to eat here."
I flew away in satisfaction.
I ate until I was full and flew into the nearest den.
Some buffaloes nearby had stomped dirt into it, but I didn't mind.

I went to sleep in the den. When I awoke, my fat was back to normal and mating season was drawing near, but I knew I had plenty of time before it would actually start. I made business in the den, then flew out impatiently.

To my surprise, a bunch of buffaloes were blocking the entrance. I had to climb all over their heads to get out of that crowd. When my talon accidentily scratched a calf, the whole herd started getting uncomfortable. So the second I had room I spread my wings and soared off in the direction I had first met Dr. Horrible.

I couldn't find him. For reasons I didn't know, this made cold talons of dissapointment grip my heart. But hey, they are plenty of condors around here I could communicate with.

The #1 condor was about my dad's age and had an incredible ammount of combat. I knew age didn't matter in this game, and I would love to have a mate who could defend themself and hunt easily. This condor's name was Miska.
I decided to start training. The prey had just grown up and carcass' speckled the ground, so I would make my place in the predator list.

Instantly, I hit and killed a little gecko. This satisfied me so much and I gulped up the body regretlessly. There was still some bloody muscle left when I flew away. I felt bad about killing anything else when I wasn't hungry and there were carcasses everywhere. It would be better if I left some of the survivors for Fall or Winter. I heard the predators don't hunt in fall and hunting is best for the real player predators.

I challenged a female condor named Ursa and gladly took her rank, and continued challenging her. I needed combat skill if I was to defend my chicks, if I was to ever have any. Mating season was drawing closer, and I had little time to challenge before it was over.

I used a glitch to clean myself in mid-flight, and continued to challenge the used-to-be 3/11 condor of the name Ursa. My combat skill increased, but it was still lower than Miska's. If anything, I would have liked to have as much as he did.

Just then I remembered that the condor's mating season was in Winter. I almost landed and facebeaked into the ground. Would I have to wait two more seasons before I could mate with Miska? No... I had to glitch my fertilization, I had to!

I entered a winter world and waited impatiently. The season was almost over. How could I be so birdbrained? I promised myself I would never make a mistake like that again. Upon getting the egg symbol, I immediately left and rushed back to World 2.

My hunger depleated harshly, and I bent down to eat as fast as I could. Afterwards, I started looking for Miska.

I couldn't find him.

This was bad, this was really bad. I needed to find at least one male condor before Spring ended or I would have to wait another hour.

I looked over the whole map. Not a single male was found. I started to panic as the last smidge of spring was left.
Not one male to be seen. I began to give up.
Then I saw him.
I was done socializing when the season changed to Summer. And just as that happened, I knew I still had some eggs and I succesfully fertilized them. I was relieved.

I was going to lead him to the same cave I had used as a chick, but the other two were taken by spring condors. He landed on the cliff and fluttered in, and sat at the back with his tailfeathers sweeping the floor. There were no dead parasites. It was perfect.
I had also grown to have 11.2 out of my chick health of 7.5. I would be faster now, but I was 11/11 again. I should go out and train before my pregnancy weakened me too much.

I was thirsty, so I just ate the liquid part from the abundance of carcasses. I wished NPC predators weren't the stupid fools to kill when they weren't hungry and when so many carcasses lay everywhere. I saw a hawk land and start eating a fresh carcass.
What I also saw was new, young condo chicks storming out of the nests. I would've liked to have my chicks in the highest hole that my family used, but I wouldn't want to leave Miska useless in his own den.

A new mother with the name of Wennia had the rank of 2/11. I challenged her, but she ran into her cave before I could take the rank. I snorted irretably, and flew away to find another target. My new flight speed was satisfying, and I whooshed and swirled through the air on my fine search for combat skill and challenges.

I first returned to the cave when I was exhausted and when I had finally won the challenge against Ursa. She had my old 3/11 rank, but it must have been some different Ursa because I couldn't win her fight after at least 10 or 11 tries. The abundance of carcasses provided wonderful fool and after the pregnancy had
about ¼ left, I started storing regurgitated "pancakes" in the den to feed them after they were born, to reduce work. All the while I was also training on whatever females I could find. Determined to get combat skill to max, and eventually, I did.

When I had my eggs, they were almost perfectly round. They were white and beautiful. I named the male "Kwaron" and I named the female "Ryden."
Miska left immediatley, even though the cliff was filled with food. He returned a while after, and I was just looking proudly down at the white, and now clean eggs.

When Miska came in, he was a bit damp. I guessed it was raining outside, but I wouldn't care if it would be for my chicks.

The chicks were white and beautiful as well. They were almost as pale as the moon and their eyes were as blue as the river. The male was naturally bigger, and his eyes were more deep. I didn't care, they were both beautiful.

They ate most of the regurgitation and then fell asleep. I rushed out to fill my own stomach.
Upon coming back in, I saw Miska dropping a meat bit. I knew I should encourage them to eat meat, since they preferred it much more over the regurgitation, and should only use it when they're hungry.

Soon the food was gone, and I was going in and out of the cave again. I never stopped moving, even when Miska seemed to loiter in the cave everytime he got food. I would give my chicks the best care ever.
I would play with them, show affection, and bring them minerals and gravel. No young'un in the forest was better treated.

This went on for a long time. It was almost mid-summer, the temperature at the Condor Caves hotter than ever. Though it was sometimes cloudy, the
thick, hot air stayed the same. Though it was hot, I had to say Summer was my favorite season. I began to encourage my chicks to look out at the light and welcome themselves to it. Today, I took Ryden in my talons and carried her over the long hills of land.
I looked down and saw her eyes bulge with interest when we passed over the waterfall.

"That there is the waterfall. It has a hole that has a mystic lichen." I said. My chick looked up at me. "They say if it was discovered, it would change Webearth forever."

When it began to get hot, I took Ryden back to the cave. I was as tired as ever, and I settled in to sleep beside my chicks and mate. He cleaned all of us, and I thanked him with a grateful squawk.

Eventually the carcasses began to dissapear and so did the prey. I had to go longer distances for food and over half of summer had already sped by. I know soon my chicks would grow, and I would have officially made my place in the world.
Maybe, just maybe, a real player would choose one of my chicks as their faithful mate, because I knew NPC's don't choose mates, they just spawn with one.

I went to the southern lake, commonly called "Lake Of Youth" and bathed in it. A coyote was shaking some water from his crimson flank, while a snake slithered wildly at the top for air. I saw a little den under a single rock that was jutting out of the river's surface. "How creative," I thought.

I left the lake when it began to rain. The temperature cooled, expecially now that the wind was rushing hard. It was hard to steer through the rain, but I eventually got back to my cave with a slab of meat grasped in my talon.

Once, I saw a young mouse traveling across the territory. I went after it, missing at first. When I had tried to attack again, it ran to another square. I entered it's square and as if I could read it's mind, I went to the next square in that direction to see it in it on the same turn. With that quickness, I got another attack in and succesfully stoll it's life. Satisfied, I bent down and ate it happily. Afterwards, I stormed off towards the river to get gravel.

It was sunny now, and the wind was milk. The hot air returned, but I welcomed it. I noticed Summer was coming to an end, and my chicks would grow up soon. Maybe then I could finally leave this game and continue another day on Act 2.

Summer was closing now, any summer-ish real player in this world would be pregnant. I knew if I wanted to I could glitch too and be Miska's mate again, but Act 1 was getting tiring. I was hot from the summer air, but the end of summer welcomed cold rain and I let myself get soaked before going to rest in my hidey hole. I made sure Ryden and Kwaron were in perfect condition. They were perfect, despite the fact they lacked combat. They would gain as much as they needed. Expecially Kwaron, who would quarell with the other condors for rank.

Fall came after a while. I nuzzled and showed my affection to both of them. I carried Kwaron to the front and fit him ready. He had grown his black fur and white stripes, but him and his sister's pale feathers would allow them to stand out for their beauty. I ruffled his flat feathers and carefully brushed up Kwaron's. They both shivered, and looked at me in confusion. As I returned a proud gaze, they seemed to understand and both spreaded their wings in confidence, blocking the light of the cave. I knew they were just stretching, and wouldn't go immediately. I brought one more meat bit to each of them. Reminding them how proud I was, and reminding them what awaited them outside the cave.

I loved them up so much more, And waited with them patiently until they were ready to leave.

When they did, their pale feathers reflected the sunlight to make them look like moons as they soared beautifully off. I knew my work here was done. I greeted Miska goodbye, and flew out towards the desert. It was raining, and I continued to fly until I reached the flat stretch of hill that used to be a territory to a canine wolf and fox pack. I sat on the very edge of the cliff, hunching over the edge in comfort. I smelled the raining air as it drenched my feathers and streamed down the rocky edge. The rain stopped, and no sound was left but the soft pitter-patter of raindrops. Then, like the rain, I began to fade. I would go offline until the next act.

Farewell Miska,
Farewell Kwaron and Ryden,
Farewell Karin and Tristin,
Farewell Dr. Horrible.
Until next time.

End of Act 1

Act 2

This time, I decided to play in World 1, even though I didn't like it that much. As much as I loved meeting people and communicating with them and having real player mates, I hated large crowds and freeloaders. There were only 4 users on right now, and I would pass a few. I didn't like the drama in World 1 either, or the constant number of rulebreakers. There seemed to be less murderers in world 2-4 then in the active land of World 1. I opened the java server window, ready to start my journey.

Ironically, I wasn't on the cliff, my health was extremely low, and I was parched and starved. My fat was also merely gone, and I was confused to why my stats were so horrible. I knew this was just another WEO glitch, but it could use a good fix or tweek.

The ground was littered with carcasses. I kept a good eye out, and thankfully the only dangerous predator in the area was a rank 1 female coyote who was dwelling about above a cave and a medium hole. I guessed it had pups, and I was curious to see if the dad was a real player, since the female was in the pack "Jcwolves," which was uncommon to the usual native NPC packs made up oof the leading alpha's name, I guessed that the alpha male was the real player.

I looked sorrowfully at my health. It was low but healing. If I was going to check at all, I would have to be on full health and even then I would barely have a chance of escaping the coyotes. I would wait until the male came out. And if he didn't, that would make the fact that he's a real player even more clear.

I leapt into flight as a young female coyote in the pack Seneca began to aproach me. No female or male had come out of the den I saw the coyote leave, so I went to investigate. To my surprise, there was no family in the den. Just old parasites and no trace of a nest. I leapt into flight upon exitting the hole. Dens were everywhere. I decided to let out a squawk and let the world know I was here.

"Hello!" I said aloud. "Is anyone here?"
I waited in flight for an answer and didn't get one. I looked down and saw a fresh condor corpse sitting on the entrance of the coyote den. I gulped silently.
"Hello!" I repeated as I flew over the southwest part of Bluebird forest. There were bear caves everywhere. It wasn't a big surprise. World 1 always had a ton of dens everywhere because of all o the real players digging meaninglessly. I saw a large male bear exit one of the caves. At least the new caves allow more repopulation of bears. I thought, remembering how when I was a bear I had to slunk over half of the world looking for a mate and place to have my cubs.

I saw a female fox with the name of Windskipper crawl into one of the dens. I followed, curiously. Upon entering, I saw a bone and a bunch of straw littering the ground. I squeaked fearfully, and just stared. The fox was a real player, all right, but it looked as if they were afk. So I hovered above the den until they came out.

"Hello?" I cawed when she came out. No answer. "Are you new?" I continued. I stared at her as she sat in front of her den, saying nothing. Then, finally, she said something.

"Nah," she replied. "I saw your Act 1 thing."
I felt overjoyed.
"I'm writing one right now!" I replied.
"It's pretty nice." she said. "I joined about a month ago."
"Cool," I replied.
"Are you going to add me in the act?" Windskipper asked.
"Yeah, I'm writing the conversation in :3"
":D"

She invited me into the cave and I came in ecstaticaly. I could see she was making a nest, and she said she was waiting until fall. I asked if she knew how to glitch mate.

"I saw it on your post xD" she simply replied. "I never knew you could do that."
"Hehe," I said. "yeah, it's real useful."

I began to help her in making a nest. I began to get straw for her, taking advantage of my speed.

"Why don't you add the straw in? :3" I said after a couple of trips. She told me to get some sleep, and then said "Nests break fast in fall."
"But you could always glitch mate," I said.
"Yeah, I guess I'll add them then." she said, and started organizing the straw. I quickly rested while she did.
I checked her stats, she was a little less then 1/4 through her age circle, and she was also the 1/4 ranking female. Her health was half full, but her other stats remained pretty well. After I was rested, I began getting straw again.
For a bit, I left to generously find leaves for her. I knew you didn't need leaves to make a fox nest unless you wanted perfect, but it was good to try for her. After failing to find any, I returned with straw. After putting it in, I killed two fire ant packs that were dwelling at the entrance.

"Ooh" Windskipper began. "You can eat them." I confusedly tried, and I couldn't. But I decided not to say anything, incase she might feel dumb.

After a bit, my age increased again. I was health 22 now and about as old as she was in my own years. I was super fast, and when she came back in I informed her about it.

"Good for you!" she said. "My health is 22, too."
Sure enough, when I checked hers it was exactly the same as mine. I commented on how we were the same age.
She left to go eat some bones, and I told her how if the nest simply "looked" complete, the game would accept it as complete.

We had some more conversations about the game and whatnot, and I continued to get straw. I asked if I shoul start storing regurgitation while she told me that she once almost got her nest to 300%.

"Well, I prefer meat." she said. "But it's all the same."
"I'll gather meat then," I replied. "Also, I think you can glitch mate soon." I knew that Act 1 could've described how pretty well.
"Better get the nest ready." she said. "But I need leaves...."
I reminded her that it only needed to look complete. I was glad I was being helpful.

I began to gather meat, and she just simply said "Okay." I hoped that I truly was being more helpful than a burden. After a few trips, I felt some bad weather coming. I warned Windskipper the next time I saw her, and she reminded me at the same time. I continued to gather meat before the coming storm, and reminded her that she could glitch mate now, for the end of summer was near. I knew I could glitch mate, too, and maybe keep my chicks a secret, but then as I thought of that she had just shouted to me.

"Do you want to mate?" Windskipper said.
"Yeah, I guess I could." I replied.
"Then let us glitch!" she esclaimed. I only smiled happily, and left the world to glitch.
I mated with a condor I will not name and lead him to a different den to be stranded there forever, and returned to our cave. My stats had been horriblelized like earlier, so I worked to get them back up. I didn't see Windskipper in the cave so fast, so I wondered if she was having trouble. I tried to get my energy back so I could make up for my lost fat, continuing to wait for Windskipper's return. When she did, I saw that she was successfully pregnant. She cleaned me and asked how I got hurt.

"Uhh, Changing worlds can hurt," I answered simply.
"Oh," Windskipper said. "That's too bad." She left, and I followed her shortly after. I was hungry, so I flew over to a carcass, but before biting into it, I fluttered up and realized how fresh it was. Had Windskipper been killed?

To my relief, I saw her exit a nearby den out of the corner of my eye. I sighed in relief and landed to continue eating. Not too long after she came over and joined me, and after she killed a nearby mouse expertly, I told her how I was scared. She lifted her head from the carcass.

"Oh," she said like she always did. "You can rest assured now." I picked up some meat from the carcass and flew it back to the den and stored it. Upon coming back, a large pile of bones was sitting by the entrance. I was impressed.
"Wow," we bot said at the same time. I simply continued. "You got alot of bones."
"Yeah," she replied. "Lots of them everywhere."
It had started raining, and I told her careful not to get too cold as I put down my piece of meat.
"If you get too cold, you'll lose energy." I said.
"Oh, I didn't know that." she said. "Then let's rest."
"Okee," I replied, and settled into the nest. It reminded me of the old specs of straws I saw in the other cave I had rested in so long ago. We went to get leaves, and I brought one back and set it down in the nest. I got another one, and the nest was up to 100%. It was fall now, of course, to reason why the leaves were falling. I told her how adding materials in different places spread the nest.

"I've done it before." she says. "You can use it to part your chicks."
"I'm going to continue getting meat." I said as we both left, and lived to my word. On the way, a bobcat hit me and did barely any damage. I snickered and told Windskipper about it. My egg meter blinked red, and I told her I was close to time. I exitted to get more meat, and instead saw a nearby fox die. I picked up it's bone, amazed at my strength, and brought it back, putting it in the pile. I was about to have the chicks.

"You don't mind if I have them here, do you?" I asked.
"I don't," Windskipper replied.
"Here they come." I said after my egg age circle emptied.
Finally, I had my second clutch of eggs.
Windskipper gasped, and came over to start cleaning them.
"Wow!" she esclaimed.
"What should I name them?" I asked.
"Whatever you like." she replied.
I thought for a moment. I had no idea. I decided to name the male after my best friend. Emertxe. For the female, I had no idea.
In the midsts of thought, I almost missed Windskipper having her kits. There were 5, tiny orange and white shapes curling up to their mother.
"Now comes the troubling part." she said. "WEANING THEM."
I laughed and went back over to my chicks.
"My chicks are weaned already." I said.
"That's the good part about them," Windskipper replied. "I'll help" she then said.
I was about to say she shouldn't because it was important for female foxes to rest to make milk, but she was already out. When she came back, I told her that it was important for her to rest because making milk takes alot of energy.
"I can see it already." she said. "It's almost half depleted."
"Yeah, so you should get some rest, and spam sleep so you get energy."
"Break the sleep button!" she esclaimed. I laughed.
I told her to eat, and left to eat food to regurgitate for my chicks and if neccesary, for Windskipper.
Upon returning, I decided to finally name the female.
I decided just to go along with my best friend's name, I gave her my fursona's name of "Arma."
To my surprise, Windskipper insisted that she kill one of her own young.

"I think it's cruel," I said.
"Kits are too troubling," she replied.
"They take hours to grow, and I have enough points."
"*Cough* one hour *Cough*"
"Well, it's long enough," she said, and went over to her kits. I knew it was cruel, and I really didn't want her to do it, but I knew she was trying to be humorous more than mean. I tried to reason with her again, and finally just finished saying "Just eat my vomit, please <:3"
"Fine," she said.

A long while passed and I continued to regurgitate to save up food for her and insisted she stay in the den and rest. I couldn't get my chicks to stop invading into her kit's space, and tried as hard as I could to keep them seperated. Finally, I moved my chicks out of the den.
Food started getting harder to find, and I had to fly longer distances. But with my speed, I didn't mind. began to eat gravel, and picked up bones for Windskipper when I could. I had to fly to the desert and the south meadow to find food now, and fall was ending. I found my mate, and wondered what he had in his den. Maybe I should take my chicks back to his, for better caring, since I was so caught up in Windskipper's kits. Finally, I secretly took my chicks back to my mate so he could care for them. When I came to the den my mate was at, it was flooded with meat. My chicks would be cared for.
I was sad to let them go, but I knew I had to. As I dropped Emertxe in the den, I nodded to them tearfully and flew out, probably never to see them again. Finally, I toughened up and began to search for food for Windskipper, and I was glad my chicks would get proper care. When I returned, it looked like Windskipper's kits were weaned and she could be active again. I happily regurgitated for them, and asked if she preferred for me to bring them meat instead. She said she was okay with both. So, I continued to get food for her and her kits solemnly as Fall came to a close.

<A long passage of time that I didn't write down right here>

Winter had started now, and my friend who I named my male chick after had logged on and was chatting me. Windskipper and I were waiting for her pups to grow, and I invited my friend to come play with us.
Then we started trolling.

<Alot of things happened that I'm too lazy to write, Windskipper's pup grew, Me and my friend trolled people, and that's basicaly the end of Act 2. Let me note that by trolling I mean we basicaly bothered people in a humourous and unmean way. We didn't kill anybody, but we did swap out some condor's chick with ours by naming it their chick and they never noticed, but we told them after the chicks grew and they only laughed.>

End of Act 2

Act 2.5

I decided to go to World 1 again. This time, I would try to avoid real players. My age circle was a little over 1/3 through, and my health had increased to 45.0. To my relief, most of my stats were full when I got in and I was in perfect health. It was the sunny start of winter, and I set off towards the desert before the cold set in.

I wondered if I'd see any condors I would recognize, if they survived at all. Maybe my son, maybe my daughter, or maybe the kits of Windskipper. I looked proudly at my 12627 points, and continued flying. I looked up in surprise.

A male condor, who was named Kosa, was 1/3 male condor and old. I took care of him as a kid, I remember. He was Laila's son. I would have liked to be his mate, since he was older than me, but much too old at that. I knew if my kids were still alive, they would only be a little younger. I continued towards the desert, but in mid-flight I saw a group of real players chat. A fox named Dusty and a bear named Danica.

"Hullo~" Dusty said. Danica returned the greeting.
"Sorry, I was hibernating xD," Danica said. I was a bit interested, so I waited. "I'm pregnant!!! :3," Danica esclaimed. I quickly lost interest, and searched for any NPC condor or fox I knew.
Ah, GreenLeaf, I remembered having a daughter of that name. She was a little younger than Kosa, too, but still old. I continued on.

I flew into my birth den. The memories rushed back to me. I knew my parents were dead, but they would be happy of the multiple litters I have nursed. I pecked at the inside of my wing in the darkness, cleaning myself. I yawned, and fell asleep.

When I awoke, I drowsily but briskly set off towards the southern lake, commonly known as Lake Of Youth. It was still sunny, but freezing cold. I needed Minerals and gizzard.

After eating the minerals and gravel, I quickly soared back to my placed condor cave. There were some dead parasites, and it reminded me of my old home. I knew my family was dead, but hopefully I could make new ones of my own. I flew out again, I was a bit thirsty. I ate carcasses to cure it, and continued back towards my den. I had nothing to do for the next hour. There were 3 male condors in the earth, so maybe I should look for a mate. I turned away from my cliff, and soared northeast to begin the search.

I didn't find anything around the northern lake, and traveling back towards Bluebird Forest I saw a real player cardinal named Skywarp and greeted her. Then I continued on my way.

[I got bored REALLY fast, I'll continue this another time.]

[Also, I will be playing as Sol but sometimes I won't write things down. So from this point, time may pass really quickly.]

Quick update: Sol is too old to hunt for herself now. I'm resorting to scavenging for food.I'm almost in red age now, my health has gone from 45 to 34.6 and I'm getting smaller now, Flying is slow and I'm going to make my permanent home next to the waterfall now. Almost too old to have chicks but I may have more in time, going to stay in World 1 now and have chicks with the future names of Ryden, Miracle, Promise, Kwa, Asura, Palemoon, and Sunray. Look for them if you wish.

Act 3

Life was getting short and I could sense it. It surprised me that I had lived so long, this being the longest life I ever had lived. My bones were brittle and my size was starting to shrink with age. I had reached the red age, and it seemed like after my health went down it would never go back up.
Even so I still took very good care of myself. I was surrounded by other people who could help me take care of myself when I needed to, and I had a mate to bring in food for me and my soon-to-be chicks. I had moved near the waterfall now, making it my permanent home, and I was now curled up in my new ground den, sleeping soundly. I had chosen the strongest condor, since I could no longer defend myself or even hunt. And I was spending my pregnancy time sleeping in my den.

I was awoken by a sudden smell. Even though smell wasn't one of my best senses, the new buds of flowers of the first day of spring flowed into the den, creating a very nice and peaceful aroma. As I lay sleepily and stiffly as my old condor self, my health was very low. In the last days of winter it had been so cold outside that I had to fight to keep my health up, sadly I didn't realize that my body barely had enough strength to heal itself, and here I was a week later still recovering from my injuries and a previous sickness I had suffered from.
I decided to wake up, even though I was still feeble, since my pregnancy was almost due. I started to pondor and worry...
What if I was too weak for birth? What if it killed me? I had no idea, and here I was just about to lay my eggs. It was only a month ago that I had a clutch before this, but they had died without my mate to care for us. I'd never heard of pregnancy hurting health, but in my red age it could be dangerous.
Still my mate, Redleaf, who was slightly over the half mark with full combat and max health sat beside me as I struggled and slowly healed. I wasn't exactly in the red age but my circle was empty. What if I got sick the minute my red age started? It would happen before my chicks would grow, so what was I doomed for?

Not long later I laid my two pure-white eggs in the warm hole. Despite my worries it didn't damage me that much and I continued to heal. I named them after my last clutch, which had died. The male "Palemoon" and the female "Sunray." They looked bigger than most clutches, and I wondered if they took after me.
A bit later I decided to go out and look for my hawk friend named Asmith I saw earlier, I also saw a Elk named Midnightsky, and decided to look for her herd after I failed to find Asmith.

It had started to rain, so I had flown back to my den. I came in and dropped a bit of meat while my mate flew out, the chicks gobbling it up quickly. Then Sunray moved up the hole where Redleaf had dropped a bit of gravel and ate it, so I picked up the mud he had dropped and gave it to Palemoon. Perfect.

I thought about poking my head out of the hole to check if it was raining and got a bit nostalgic. I had lived through this life without interruption, Was that something to be proud of? Had I accomplished something most have not? Have I been a warrior just for living this far into red age, even after getting sickness? I remembered that time when I was a young condor, just leaving my parents. I remembered flying high up into the sky until fog blocked my vision of direction. I remember all of my friends that helped me and supported me through the life, and the numerous number of chicks that I raised and lost. This life was coming to an end, and I had a hard time accepting it. I began to wonder. Did my parents die of age, or get killed to serve the next generation? My body alone would give food to the animals of the earth, along with all of my kin that died to feed the smaller ones. Even I had eaten my own kind in dire situations. It was all a circle, and without that contribute to the next generation everything would fall out of order. It was my duty to do my best to contribute before I died and make the best of it, even with that responsibility. It was my job to try and live on, as furthest as I could so that I could try and make the end of my life worth it.

After cleaning and feeding my clutch, I flew out unsteadily to look for my worldmates again. Though I found the Elk herd, MidnightSky wasn't among them. I began calling out with a need for company in my old state, possibly to even show off how far I've gotten in life.
I didn't find them, but I guessed it didn't matter. There were bound to be moe people at this time of day. Not to mention even with my age my condition was good for most, with every bar at the bottom full and my health replenished past the halfway point. I began to get tired by instinct, so I returned to my den and slept. I pushed some of the gathered meat to my chicks, two still remaining in the middle, and fell asleep as my mate Redleaf entered the area. I felt him preaning my feathers as I dozed off.

The next day I had checked the player count. There were 2 other players online, which made me feel dissapointed when there were 6 other people online earlier, but I brushed it off. Even without others I could keep myself healthy, even in red age, expecially with the abundance of carcasses spewed around the map.

Then it happened.
I was sick, I began to feel cold and chilly. I didn't understand. All of my stats were up. I began to panick, Would this be the end of me? I was in red age now, I assumed that I was going to die. This was the end. This is where my life would end.
Relief flooded over me. The sickness didn't last for two seconds when I went to the waterfall and bathed in the water. Was that the cure of age? I remembered another time during my life when the waterfall had rescued me, when I was sick and almost dead. I felt so relieved and overjoyed that it was hard to get out of the water. But not only was I overjoyed, I was scared. I had kept myself so healthy yet I got sick. I decided to go to the Lake of Youth, when I had commonly heard people mentioning how it had saved them in their lives.

I found a clean, shallow spot to sit in and slept there. The elk heard had flooded into the lake as well, some of them on the gravel where their calves could sit.
It began to rain so I went back to my den, picking up minerals on the way. With help from the water, I began to get less fearful of sickness. It had saved me so quickly in my red age sickness, so it could definitely do it again.
Finally the first line of red appeared. I felt confidence in myself, how far into this legendary stage would I step into before my death? I was determined to live life to it's fullest, even if it meant getting to the end of Red Age. When I returned I placed Minerals at the bottom of the cave and gently nudged my chicks to the square. It was near-late Spring now, so much time had passed in my age. Surprisingly I still had the ability to clean myself, of which I thought I had lost upon entering red age, and was grateful to still have the ability, even with the waterfall showers that could easily clean me. I was surprised at everything now.
I had once heard somebody giving tips to somebody that going in the waterfall would help you in your elderly age, but I thought that was just for cleaning. Never had I known that it would litterly rescue you, despite your condition. When I went outside it was still raining, but before I could get re-soaked I nabbed some meat bits for my chicks. I then rested some more, my health at the slight-over halfway point now, healing slowly. The red line on my age clock had gotten a bit larger as well. I sighed. Life seemed so peaceful now, even though it was harder. I was still contributing and I was healthy, even for my old age. But something told me not to cross my talons, that somehow, something would eventually get me. I knew this for a fact, nobody could live forever, I knew that the lake couldn't save me every time and eventually I would have to let go, but until then I was going to do my best to contribute to World 1 and it's people, as the sheriff, as an elder, as a mother, and as a helper.

(I'm still going to write more after this I'm just posting what I've got so far, I'm in the game right now if you want to join, 5:46 PM Pacific Standard/canada time, September 9th.

A while of sleeping later I awoke with even more red age. My chicks were now actively moving around to get meat bits that were lying around and my health had become fuller in my sleep. RedLeaf was in the process of removing waste from the den, and had just entered back to clean the chicks. I knew he had been preaning me, and I thanked him with a gentle nuzzle before fluttering out of the den myself. Though it was Spring I decided not to mate, maybe I could spend the next few seasons helping out others, even in my state of age.
Upon exitting I yelled out a greeting like I always do, as if there were passing real players. I flew over to east from the condor caves, where there was the popular hunting grounds. It was littered with the carcasses of baby prey, and I saw one baby rabbit crawling along the riverside, right of my house. I left it be and flew over to the hunting grounds to observe.
I started to feel bad. Some carcasses were littered around their den, not a square away from the exit. I knew that the condors had basically been trained to circle the holes until the babies came out of them. Never again would I do such a thing with my shortage of energy and weakness in combat. I scavenged the carcasses of the baby and parent carcasses remoursingly, and for nostalgia's sake, regurgitated to my chicks upon my return...

Upon exitting I had been bit by some Fire Ants, poisoned by them. I knew it wasn't much, but I felt stupid for trying to attack them in my condition. I tried to bathe in water some, but they followed me, so I just went back to scavenging for food.
When I was eating some food, I realized it was large carcasses flooding the entrance to a cave which was surrounded by flowers. My red age was no longer a line but a fraction now, but even with the poison my health was increasing steadily. I felt satisfied that I was surviving so healthily. For supersticious sakes, I picked up one of the flowers and entered the cave out of curiosity. Inside were two bear cubs. Their parents were nowhere. I felt a little joyed, the cute souls making noises as I approached them. I cleaned one just out of motherly instinct and smiled as they looked up at me. Then I heard it, I heard the deep angry growl coming behind me. Not one, but two. I turned around to see two huge shadows looming over me, and I let a rasped squawk erupt from my beaks. In a tangle of feathers, I managed to flip and flutter around them without getting hit, and as I ran for the entrance I saw the carcasses of a past invader, it's carcass covered with blue and grey feathers.

I flew out of the cave, the maroon flower still grasped within my talons. I flew past RedLeaf on his way out as Spring came to an end, and placed the flower head between the bundle of my chicks. They stared and pecked at it curiously, smiling up at me shortly afterwards.

My health was nearly full now, I wouldn't make a mistake like fighting a fox again. My red age had grown to an even larger fraction, and I had not gotten sick again since.

I watched as my two beautiful chicks flew off into the world, RedLeaf flying beside them and then cutting off, and flying over me, whom had been perched on the rock of the Waterfall. My red age was getting more fuller by the minutes, and I had stayed healthy. Almost all of my secondary stats and primary stats were full, and I knew that I may be the longest living condor in the game. This place, perched on the rock that jutted off of the waterfall had to be my favorite place to roost. No hostile predators could get me, and I found it convenient that RedLeaf was constantly flying above me and in my square, while my chicks tended to stay in the area. The Summer Sun was blaring down, yet I was getting chilly here on this rock. I flew out, trying to find a new place to roost, like on the cliff of the nearby river.

I slept for a bit, up until I was suddenly jumped on by a young coyote. A sharp pain pierced my chest as it bit into it, and I threw the coyote off with a forceful flap of my wings. I flew towards the mountains as it chased me, and sat, roosting on the top where the Coyote constantly tried to climb up, growling with hate, only to fail and give up after a short time. I sighed. All of that resting and now my health was a smidge below the half mark. As long as I played it safe, I shouldn't get hunted anytime soon.

I flew off towards the desert, soley for exploring. There was nothing responsible for me to do now, even with my old age.

Death

I sat down in the water of the waterfall, my health falling quickly. I was sick and the water was not helping. This was truly my death, and I was accepting it. I had done my best for the world, even though I was dying alone. I let the water flow down me as I slowly and peacefully began to lose consciousness. I suddenly flew up, going for the Lake of Youth, and I fell in from flight at the side. Sighing, I sat down, and watched the silhouettes of passing birds fly over. It felt peaceful. It felt warm and peaceful. I looked over my life, My parents whom I could barely remember, my sister, my mates, my children, it was finally coming to an end. My health bar wasn't visible now as I sat in the lake of youth, peaceful and quiet, and I fell asleep. I thought I heard a bluebird calling my name, and I looked up with faded eyes. It was a bluebird named Sissle, I dared not reply in my feeble state. She landed next to me as I lost consciousness, weakening too fast to reply.

And there on the side of that lake, I died, Sissle flying away with no more spoken words.

As a ghost I flew over the land. I went to the Condor Caves, two unknown condors fluttering around them. I flew into my parent's den, where I was born. I came back to the lake, flying as a silent, invisible starry figure, RedLeaf was flying over the lake. My work here was done, I had finished this life with a score of 31629, most that I've normally gotten as a female Condor. I had no more business here. It was time to let go.
Last edited by Scarikas on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 27 times in total.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Sol The Condor's Story.

Post by NatureHeart »

I love it so far!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: Sol The Condor's Story.

Post by hoopyscoop »

1000angles wrote:I love it so far!
Agreed, very good wording. And detail.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Re: Sol The Condor. (ACT 1 FINISHED)

Post by Scarikas »

Thanks! ^^
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

When is act 2?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

When I have free time to play.
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

Re: Sol The Condor. (ACT 2 FINISHED NOT POSTED)

Post by Windskipper »

Nice idea about the "Act" things. Keep on writing!
My Status:
NAME: Windskipper
Female Fox
50837 Points
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Thanks! ^^ I'm going to post Act 2 now.
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
Avis
Bluebird Chick

Re: Sol The Condor. (ACT 2.5?)

Post by Avis »

It's very good and very detailed, I also get bored when I have to write loads, I don't get how you glitch mate though, do you go to a winter world, get an egg symbol, then go back to the world you were at before?
thanks
Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.
ImageImageImageImage
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Scarikas wrote:Thanks! ^^ I'm going to post Act 2 now.
Yay! Thanks for writing this. Its a awesome story!
Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

Post by Windskipper »

Ah, yes, about the eating ants part. I remembered that condors couldn't eat ants afterwards, and felt dumb anyway. Sorry, though, maybe I should've eaten them myself. Keep on writing!
My Status:
NAME: Windskipper
Female Fox
50837 Points
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

This is absoultly wonderful! What a neat idea, writing down what actually happens in webearth in a storyish way. Keep up the good work. :)
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Bump, gonna work on this.
I AM A BANANA.
ImageImage
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Scarikas wrote:Bump, gonna work on this.
Yay! Finally! You seriously don’t know how long I’ve been waiting!
Slueth
Adult Bluebird

Post by Slueth »

My eyes. they are unworthy.

My brain. it is unworthy.

These words. They are beautiful. PUBLISH A DARNED BOOK ALREADY
wwwwwwww. Why haven't you written a book yet? I'd buy a copy.
~In the most seductive way possible.~

Yay Wolfies! Thanks Silent for having the sig and I clicked it
and made my own and I'm rambling and blah blah blah.

"One of the great things about books is they sometimes have fantastic pictures"