Short Story: NPC Fox

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Short Story: NPC Fox

Post by Kazz »

It was a dark evening, the soft wind running through the branches of the barren trees making an eerie, almost haunted sound. It was spring, but the tenacious tendrils of the long winter still clung to the landscape like leeches, guarding the icicles and promising another night of snow. There were few creatures moving about in the icy, slushy landscape. Most elected to stay in their dens and nests, huddled up with family, or if they had been lost, friends.

There was still one solitary figure though, laboriously heaving mouthful after mouthful of straw into the old log. There wasn't much time left, and she knew it, and she still hadn't finished. Her mate had disappeared days ago, probably to run off with some other fox, and had left her to bear the weight of children alone. The idiot. She should have known all along. She used to sometimes wonder what she was lacking every time he returned with the smell of another girl on his fur, but that had turned into wondering exactly how many other females he had courted, and when he vanished, that had quickly dissolved into a thick, black anger that followed her like a shadow, creeping into every step she took, and every word she uttered to every poor passerby she encountered.

That didn't stop her from moving on though. She no longer cared about him, and she found it almost liberating. There would be nobody stopping her from creeping into a dumb bobcat's den and slaughter all her cubs in a night, nor one to preach to her about leaving the wolves alone.

There was just this one last responsibility that held her down. The occasional kick in the stomach reminded her of it whenever she forgot.

The fox heaved another mouthful of straw into the den, then groaned and sat for a moment. No more time.

She glanced into the log before crawling into it, leaning against the side. From beneath her, the cold wood kissed her skin gently, sending chills creeping up her sides. There wasn't enough straw here. Not for all of them.

--------------------

And that, my friends, is what happens if you mate with multiple females to try to get your score up. <3
Last edited by Kazz on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Some Random Short Story about an NPC Fox

Post by Alexander »

Moved it to where the rest of the stories are. (:
:'D Excuse me while I try to fix my dumb mistake of moving this to Announcements (didn't double check where I was moving this to)
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

LOL no worries. Moved to Game Discussions.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Fantastisch. Your description is excellent, a great opening. Come to think of it, I did write a similar story some time ago (well, I got bored of it in the end) about a fox who's mate died and she's looking after the children on her own. Keep writing, I'll be interested.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Why does this still show in Announcements for me? ;w;
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Amazing story, very nice detail.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

I never thought what a female NPC might've thought when her male mate multimated with every other fox for points. Back when I was an overreacting freak I was in a goat herd and the alpha was one of my friends. When he multimated with all of them I got a little mad... Well, really mad, and yelled at him. This was last year, and I've changed alot. I may know how this NPC feels anyhow, though.
Really good story anyway, I love the style :3
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Falllen
Bluebird Chick

Post by Falllen »

Kazz I love you. <3
~
Oh, my dear haters, I'm actually quite nice. Do not judge because of one's hobbies~
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Scar, wasn't that with me? LOL!
Image Image
Image Image