Flight of the Avis (Bird Flock) Recruiting!

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Alias
Baby Mouse

Flight of the Avis (Bird Flock) Recruiting!

Post by Alias »

NOTICEBOARD
- Updates and notices will be posted as a new post!
- We now meet in World 1!

INTRODUCTION

Survival is a tough thing, and we've all tasted it's bitterness when our best birds, or even animals, are nothing but remnants of the day. Which is why a little gathering of condors inspired me to start a bird flock where all the birds of World 1 gather to help each other survive and look after each other's chicks.
Only yesterday, we MUST have had atleast nine real player condors in this cave!
Two of the chicks were real players, if I remember correctly, but they're hidden behind the other condors. My good mate Ultraturtle was out hunting while the screenshot was taken.

I would also like to thank three rather hard working condors for devoting their time to my and my friend's chicks. If I remember correctly, they were Gingerleap and Wolfgirl2012, and of course, my mate Ultraturtle. (If you ever saw a male condor called Turtle, that's one of our chicks ;D)

Here we are, over 12 members joined in today! Look at all those chicks! xD

So, these people really inspired me to create this friendship group where all real player bird species of World 1 gather together and look after each other.

Now, it's time to move on =]

----------------------------------------------------------------

RULES and OTHER...

- If you join our Flock, stay loyal to us. We will guide you and help you, you will not be alone.
- Chase hawks and other condors away from the cave. They are competitors and possible food/chick stealers.
- Please, listen to your Leader and Deputies. They are chosen carefully and are trustworthy. If you have a problem concerning Deputies, go to the Leader. If you have a problem with a Subordinate, go to a Leader or Deputy.
- If the Flock isn't on, stay close to the cave. If you're another animal, for example a mammal eg. fox, there is a hole near the Flock Cave where you can stay in close contact with us.
- If a bird has nested close to the cave, birds will be sent to steal their chicks for food for the Flock, and the parents will leave. BUT, if the parents are NOT NPC then they should be welcomed. We don't want any trouble.
- Only two birds mate at a time, please. Too many chicks result in starvation.
- We are quite a peaceful Flock. Therefore, if a Flock member or any other real player bird is causing trouble, proof must be provided to report them. No attacking, of course. No threats or insults. Simply take a screen shot and report, just in case.
- In the mating season, a guard MUST be posted to make sure the cave will not be taken by NPCs. This rule is a must, I cannot allow the cave to be stolen by NPCs again.

WHERE WE MEET

World 1 - West

1. The Cave of the Avis (CoA) ~ The cave where we meet up, recruit new members and raise chick. CoA is our traditional home.
2. Healer's Cave (HC) ~ This is where sick and injured birds go to be treated. Flock members can help store up minerals, gravel and food for the sick ones.
3. Spare Cave (SC) ~ If there are too many chicks, they are raised in this cave separately so that all chicks have a chance to eat. The Spare Cave is also a place where birds can talk prvately or have some privacy. It's a Spare Cave, it's used for practically anything nessecary.
4. Doom Den (DD) ~ The name was given to this cave by Kaira, one of the Flock's members. The Doom Den is where we keep our live stock, we leave small mammals like mice, geckos and rabbits here for later. The cliff is unescapable, that's why it's called the Doom Den.
5. Bluebird Tree (BT) ~ The name isn't that relevant, as hawks can stay there too. Although most of the time, all chicks will be raised in CoA, but BT is there is anyone needs it.

Bluebirds and Cardinals

YOUR DUTY: Bluebirds and cardinals! Despite your size compared to the hawks and condors, you carry a very important burden. Your resposibility is to gather resources, eg: nest materials, gravel and minerals. Your duty is to make sure our store of supplies never run out. You also baby-sit the chicks when the Condors are out hunting.
IN RETURN: Protection of you as well as your chicks is offered in return. Your Flock will look after you when you are sick or in need of care.

HAWKS AND CONDORS

YOUR DUTY: Your strength and size is for protecting the chicks and those more vunerable than yourself. Your duty is to protect the bluebirds, cardinals and their chicks, hunt, and guard. At least one condor/hawk is to be posted as a guard who stands either inside or outside the cave to make sure that they are safe.
IN RETURN: Your fellow companions will look after your chicks when you cannot and if your weak or hungry, or in need of care, the Flock will bring you the supplies and resources you need in order to get better.

WHEN I'M ON

I try to spare time to go on WEO as much as I can, but I'm most active at the weekends. Even when I'm not on, by all means gather together in The Cave ;]

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you'll join us soon in World 1 where there will be a community of birds who work together as a team to acheive life's goal =D

MEMBERS
In game name used. You are only added on the list when we get to meet up in-game ;]

Leader: Guardian
Deputies: hoopyscoop, MidnightSky, Cinder, Sprinkles
Healers: Guardian, Star12
Seniors:
Subordinates: Jking, abigal90193, animalguy, Kaira, Thyme, hail, ashlu, Delial, tristan, reaction
Allies: FoxLove, The Bluebirds of Silver Forest (Clan)

RANK GLOSSARY

Leader ~ Usually the founder of the Flock, leads the Flock and gives orders to each bird telling them what their duty is. makes sure that Flock life is going smoothly. Leaders stay in their rank all throughout their lives till their dying day. If a Leader dies, the Flock will care for her incarnation and the Deputies will lead until she is old enough (grows up from chick to bird) to lead the Flock again.
Deputies ~ Deputies are the Leader's most trusted friends. They are granted the power to give orders to the Flock and lead out patrols (to chase off competing birds, hunt or gather food) Deputies take over when the Leader is not available, and they report to the Leader what the patrols have found and any other worth-mentioning news. Deputies stay in their rank all throughout adult hood. They cannot lead when they are chicks or when they reach the Red Age. Deputies become Elders when they are too old and are watched over till they die.
Healers ~ Healers have the important duty of caring for the sick. A Healer rank is earned, like the Deputy rank. The Healer can choose any chick and train them to be a Healer. Healers should get used to the habit of constantly examining their Flock, as they should keep track of their health. Healers bring necessary and needed ingredients (minerals, gravel, food) to their patients and tell them when they can leave the cave. A Healer's word must be heard and obeyed, as they are there to do good for the Flock. They sometimes take care of chicks and see to the Elders when they are not healing the sick ones. A Healer stays in her rank throughout adult hood. If they are a chick or Elder, they instruct a Flock member and tell them how to heal.
Seniors ~ Seniors are not necessarily older members of the Flock. they are birds who have proven themselves to be loyal and devoted to the Flock, and are well-respected within the Flock. The Seniors deserve a big thank you from the Flock for all they've done ;]
Subordinates ~ They are the heart of the Flock. Without Subordinates, the Flock would be in total ruins. These birds spend their days seeing to the Flock's needs, from gathering and hunting food to stock up the store, to chasing off rival birds that could cause possible havoc. The Subordinates have various duties that are given by the Leader or Deputies. They look after the chicks and protect the rest of the Flock. Subordinates stay in this rank throughout adult hood.
Chicks ~ Chicks are the Flock's future. They are loved and cared for by every member of the Flock, and none of them are sacrificed or let down. They spend their early morning days fattening themselves up, being healthy and building up their combat. Chicks are trained to be either a Subordinate OR Healer, and if they are a Subordinate the whole Flock will teach them by telling them what's what. Healers train their chicks by telling them to examine their patients regularly and see to their needs.
Elders ~ Elders are the wise ones. They have lived a long life. They are retired birds who help the Leader make hard decisions. They live the rest of their life in peace, cared for by the Healer and fed by the rest of the Flock. Elders are birds who have reached the Red Age, and great respect in given to in return.
Allies ~ Allies are much needed friends of the Flock. They are any animal that is outside of the Flock who provides a lot of help to the Flock, but are not part of it. Allies are protected and treated as any other Subordinate in the Flock, and deserve a fair share of our food.
Enemies ~ Enemies are not real players. They are NPC animals who take our food and compete with us. An NPC too close to the Flock Cave should be driven away if possible.
Last edited by Alias on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 am, edited 31 times in total.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Naona
Bluebird Chick

Re: Flight of the Avis (Bird Flock)

Post by Naona »

I would like to join, male condor :) My in game name is Naona as well.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Naona wrote:I would like to join, male condor :) My in game name is Naona as well.
Sure, come along whenever =] Or you can PM me when you want to meet up.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Freedom
Baby Gecko

Post by Freedom »

Can I join? I have a second account so i will probably be a condor on that one.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
^^^^^^ Click please :D
In game I'm Whitewolf and usually a Wolf(LOL) in world 1.
Can someone change my username back to Whitewolf? I want it to match my ingame user and I want my old user back....
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Sure, although I died as a condor a few days ago =\ I'm thinking of remaking this topic, so that all animals can gather somewhere.
Image Image Image

Midnight
Bluebird Chick

Re: Flight of the Avis (Bird Flock) Under Construction

Post by Midnight »

I would like to join! Condor female i am a great huntress so i will be whiling to do that :D
Alias
Baby Mouse

Re: Flight of the Avis (Bird Flock) Recruiting!

Post by Alias »

Re-opening and looking for recruits. All welcome! :D
Image Image Image

Cinder
Bluebird Chick

Post by Cinder »

It's me, Sage, on WEO. Look! I was in the screenshot! :D
Yeah, I would like to be an official member. :P I guess as a female condor?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Its me Sprinkles on WEO I want to be an official member!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Post by MidnightRose »

Hey, MidnightSky here! I would like to be an official member, a female Condor. If I die, I 'Might' be a male.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Hello guys! :D Of course, we are already a Flock ^.^ Brilliant, now you know where my Cave is and all, I'll be in the cave for most of the time, or near it. I've lived many lives in that cave ;] So yeah, any time you come on, build your nest in or close by to my cave and we'll meet up easier ;]
Image Image Image

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I would like to join as a male condor. May I join?
My in-game name is hoopyscoop
Last edited by hoopyscoop on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Of course ;] I'll started listing members
Image Image Image

Cinder
Bluebird Chick

Post by Cinder »

We definitely need more members that are willing to be blue birds, cardinals, and hawks. :3

Anyways, here's my suggested ranks in order: alpha/leader, betas/co-leaders, healers + guards + hunters + gatherers

Bold text- condors only
Italicized text- hawks and condors only
Underlined text- any bird

Ranks ordered by bird's diet-
Herbivore ranks- healer + gatherer + special ranks?
Carnivore ranks- healer + guard + hunter + special ranks

Younglings/chicks and elders (red-aged birds) would be age titles, not ranks. Younglings are taught how to be healers, guards, hunters, or gatherers. Elders are spending their last days wisely, giving the alpha and betas help. Young adults and adults are healers, guards, hunters, and gatherers. Experienced adults have better chances of getting special ranks. If they never do, they still keep their rank til they become an elder.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

I'll be adding that later Cinder ;] Thanks
Well, it's been a really tiring Spring. Wow, about 6 chicks? Or more? Thanks to everyone for helping out, it's a real pleasure to see such devotion ;] First the prey was scarce. There was hardly any food. but as time passed, prey came running back, and no one starved. We raised all our chicks, and I am proud of my Flock ;] Welcome to all the new members who joined, you've really been helpful. It makes me proud to have a Flock like you ;] Thanks to Abigal, who made the nest to get rid of our parasites and keep our chicks in good health, and to everyone who was there ;]
Thank you,
- Guardian

Edit: If I'm in the Cave, I'd have marked it with solid waste. I'm getting old too, soon I might be in Red Age with no Flock around :\ In my next life I shall be a hawk, with hopefully full combat. Also, all news of the Flock will not be updated on the first post, but as a new post.
Image Image Image