City Hall Suggestions/Ideas

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: City Hall Suggestions/Ideas

Post by Alexander »

I think that it was meant to be points as in the points in-game, but I also love the idea of points for activity. So maybe it could be a mix of both? You need this many points in order to run for Mayor/Sheriff/Judge. You also need this many activity points in order to run for Mayor/Sheriff/Judge.
And it's not like you have to log in every hour of the day to get points, as some people have limited time to play.
It will hopefully limit the amount of inactive Mayors/Sheriffs/Judges too. Though I guess Mayors aren't really all that important in terms of activity.
So in-game points to limit newbies, and activity points to limit inactive players.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

That would be cool to mix it together :D brilliant thinking Alex!
Oh and another Idea that struck my mind,the Mayor is only responsible to change the world 1 rules, no? Maybe in the future the Mayor could have more tasks to do? Seems to me that Mayor hardly has anything to, rather than edit and improve the rules for the world 1 of course.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

For the banning system I have an idea. How about we combine the people's vote with the judge's opinion. First the person would come and post the problem. Next the moderators and the judges can review if it's a worthy for a ban or not. If it is the people could vote in a poll for a certain amount of time. At the same time the moderators would decide how long the ban would be. The moderators and the judge's conclusion of the ban/no ban would be half of the vote and the public would be the other half. If more votes are for ban and the judge agrees on a ban the person gets banned. Same for if the both say no. But if the judge sais that the person should be banned and the public disagrees then something else would occer. There could be another poll just for the public, if there is a 75% of the public disagreeing with the judge then we go with the public.

Sorry if this is off-topic and for spelling errors.))
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Ppl might make several fake accounts and vote no just so they themselves don't get banned, and popular ppl would have an advantage.
ImageImageImageImage
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

I find that the judge/sheriff tend to disappear over some time an reports are not dealt with.
I believe having a report system where mods and/or city hall members can access them all and deal with them by themselves.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

That's a good idea Kenya. I was thinking perhaps there should be co-mayors and co-judges etc to cover for them when they're gone (obviously I've been reading too much Warrior Cats). Otherwise, I do prefer Kenya's idea.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

The suggestions listed are great. I especially love the idea of a chat log. Talking in-game is kind of a drag if there's a large crowd. It's almost impossible to keep track of chat when there are 3 or more players talking on a single square. I'd also love if the copy/paste option could be used in it, to save the funnier moments and such, but if that's too hard to program that's fine.

One thing I am against, however, is the all-world ban for when a player creates an offense on world 1. This will, of course, depend on the type of offense that was committed. If the player is speaking of controversial topics, sexual harassing someone, or using strong language, then a ban in all worlds is probably necessary to stop them, however, for a crime that is only a world 1 offense, the ban should be only carried out in world 1. These are the killing laws, stating that one can't kill another player, their offspring, or their mate. It doesn't make sense to use all the worlds to enforce a law made for world 1. It's like committing a crime specific to England, and being exiled from Europe. Usually, in such cases, the criminal will not be prosecuted unless he is found in England again.

This being said, it is understandable that there are reasons for wanting to ban those evil murderous trolls from all worlds. The main reason is probably, "LOL You can only get banned in W1 for a bit."

Seeing that nature itself is cruel and a very good troll, and the very front page of the site says, "Nature’s game of survival in a Web based world of great beauty and danger ," it would be ridiculous to ban trolling on the, "Wild Play, Rougher Play, Survival of the Fittest" worlds. They were made for murder. In the troll's opinion , even the existence of a safe world is ridiculous. However, it is a fact that world 1 is indeed the most popular world because of this safety, and so I, as part of a small minority of trolls can't fight for its abolishment, because that would make us selfish. We're not selfish. Just a little evil. <3

Now, of course, you still want to deal with "LOL You only get banned in W1 for a bit." Easy. Give them longer world 1 bans. It's not that you want to stop them from killing people, as that is part of nature, but you want them to stop killing on a world that is designated as a safe one. Eliminating trolls on all worlds would simply make them safer as well, and that is definitely not what nature is intended to be.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Kazz wrote:One thing I am against, however, is the all-world ban for when a player creates an offense on world 1. This will, of course, depend on the type of offense that was committed. If the player is speaking of controversial topics, sexual harassing someone, or using strong language, then a ban in all worlds is probably necessary to stop them, however, for a crime that is only a world 1 offense, the ban should be only carried out in world 1. These are the killing laws, stating that one can't kill another player, their offspring, or their mate. It doesn't make sense to use all the worlds to enforce a law made for world 1. It's like committing a crime specific to England, and being exiled from Europe. Usually, in such cases, the criminal will not be prosecuted unless he is found in England again.
That's basically what we said/meant, or what I meant.
Kazz wrote:Seeing that nature itself is cruel and a very good troll, and the very front page of the site says, "Nature’s game of survival in a Web based world of great beauty and danger ," it would be ridiculous to ban trolling on the, "Wild Play, Rougher Play, Survival of the Fittest" worlds. They were made for murder. In the troll's opinion , even the existence of a safe world is ridiculous. However, it is a fact that world 1 is indeed the most popular world because of this safety, and so I, as part of a small minority of trolls can't fight for its abolishment, because that would make us selfish. We're not selfish. Just a little evil. <3

We do not care for your excuses as to why you troll or "murder" people. It does not matter what WEO says on the front page (as they are merely quotes to describe nature, sure), what matters is the rules, and obviously the rules goes first from our understanding. We care for your respect as there are other (2,3,4) worlds that you should worry about if you really would like to (legally, in a way) kill someone else. You break the rules, you will obviously get banned. We don't care for your "trollish" reasonings or "why". As long as we get proof that you hit, attempted to hit, or killed this person, we will undoubtedly ban you and ban you again until we deem it necessary to ban you forever.

Another thing I would like to add is that it is "unfair", in a way, to simply kill someone over and over again. As players we have unlimited amount of lives, and when you know that this person isn't up for your fighting standards, it is, in a way, child's play to simply kill them over and over again. it is not right and not fun for the other players of which want to have a chance to actually play the game rather than having these bullies repeatedly kill them because they think it's funny. That's another reason why I'd like to consider a ban for all worlds, is that there are people here whom will stalk and prey on specific people just to kill them over and over again. The sad part is some people don't know how to avoid it, such as changing to other worlds (which in some cases their "bullies" may figure out), or to become a mouse and hide in a hole for a while. Another thing is that you can flee to World 1, and they can't touch you. If they do, report it. If they bully you, calling you names for avoiding them killing you, report that as well and we can take care of it. If we ban them from World 1, and you stay in World 1, you will be safe there. That is why we have our safe World 1, that people can be safe from Real Life predators, but have to face only the NPC Predators instead. What you want to be more challenging or safe is your opinion, and actually, some people prefer World 1 as a place for making friends with others. People love to make friends, and a place where PvP is allowed and such things like that, is, of course, not so much of a "friendly" place to be where you can make friends and play together.
I understand that another reason why people like to go to the other worlds is because they don't like the regular World 1 drama.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I'm glad it was toned down a little. By the way, I'm also sorry if I made anything personal. It's just my job to ensure the rules are enforced.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

This is NOT a topic for debating on. This is for suggestions ONLY so all talk of this trolling nonesense is being removed.
Trolling is extremely rude, and a disgrace to whoever does it. I do not care what world you're on, but you will hear from me if this keeps up.

Posts removed.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

I hope you don't mind me discussing something with you in pm, Kenya.
dominoandcopper
Adult Bluebird

Post by dominoandcopper »

Maybe you could make it in world 1 so that if a player attacks another player the NPC's can take picture or release a message to you saying who hit who??

Also maybe we could add another animal?? For people who cant afford the upgraded account, the little birds and scavengers are getting old. Maybe something like an owl, butterfly, frog maybe even??
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

That would b an awsome idea!
oceanpelt
Bluebird Chick
Location: He's the map, he's the map, he's the map! Yeah, I am lost.

Post by oceanpelt »

For all of the ways of running for office and certain inactivity. What about you have to play the game for a certain number of days and have never been banned. That keeps the office friendly, and active because you know the person who wins will be online. It makes sure someone dedicated and really wants the job.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I'm thinking that for the whole banned thing, I'd say if you were banned recently that you should not be a part of City Hall. I have a few friends of which have been banned in the past however no longer break the rules.
The inactivity can basically be cared for by me. At this point it's kind of raw, but if I still find inactivity from the Judge and/or Sheriff, I'll gladly take control of those two roles.