City Hall Suggestions/Ideas

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Re: City Hall Suggestions/Ideas

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

I'd just like to point out my thought process behind the whole banning from all worlds thing. I suggested this, and continue to do so, because when someone is banned it usually means they are restricted in playing the game ENTIRELY until the ban is over. If I end up getting banned from world 1 I can rest easy knowing I can jump right into another world and start causing trouble all over again. If a ban if put over all the worlds, someone who really enjoys playing the game would think twice before doing something stupid.

Now, as for the petty rule breakings and crimes, the same goes. The ban time should be substantially reduced compared to the continuous killing of players and/or their young. If someone is banned from all worlds they usually will take the threat of a ban more seriously because it means they can't play the game at all!

Unless they make another account...but it would be a hassle earning the points to unlock animals and such...hmm...
---
Oh, and this is not exactly debating on said topic. Think of it as...reviving a previous idea.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

The only problem with a ban in all the worlds is that its easy to banhop. If the forums were merged with the game, it would be harder for people to banhop and get away with it.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Personally, I think one should deal with increasing the efficiency of reporting before discussing bans. Just a thought.
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Random opinion time!: I think that If you have been banned 3 or more times you should not be able to run for office.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Kenya wrote:The only problem with a ban in all the worlds is that its easy to banhop. If the forums were merged with the game, it would be harder for people to banhop and get away with it.
Well, wouldn't people banhop regardless if there was a ban on all worlds?
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

Døøm Dragøn wrote:
Kenya wrote:The only problem with a ban in all the worlds is that its easy to banhop. If the forums were merged with the game, it would be harder for people to banhop and get away with it.
Well, wouldn't people banhop regardless if there was a ban on all worlds?
There would be less need to do so.
It'll change from:

"Whatever, it's just World 1. I'll play on other worlds."
to
"Well this sucks. Better go get another account..."

Which will be a problem because messing with W1 is generally more against the rules.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Yes, but the only way a ban on all worlds would really work is if there was an ability to ban IPs. Since there isn't one on the game site, we'd have to merge the forums with the game, kind of like how ChickenSmoothie did it. Then, if people wanted to banhop they'd have to make another account by going through the forums. Since the forums allow IP bans and is admin activated, then banhoppers will most liekly not be able to get another account. But until then, bans wouldn't really work since people would just make another account.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

I know people that can avoid IP bans. No idea how though.
Also, are you saying that IP is not recorded on the game site? ',=|
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

I still believe fully that the enforcement of the rules should be improved some. Even though this is only a game it should be a thing to be focused on. I don't know how hard it would be to implement a new banning system, probably will take a good amount of effort. It's something that should be considered though.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

Hello, and I was on xat with some of my friends and we were talking about some of the banning consequences. So, I came up with a pretty decent one, with the help of my amazing best buds, and I think I should share it. My two ideas are what I would think to be very proficient.
- If a user gets banned three or more times with the right proof, they should not be able to be elected for web earth’s city hall. Some may not care about city hall, but for the people that do, it should be a big deal. They also should not be permitted to vote in the city hall. Maybe next time they will read the rules?
- I also think harsher bans should be permitted, the first time, maybe a three day ban? For second time a 1-2 week ban and for three it’s up. No more chances for you!
So, I really hope you take my suggestions into consideration!
- Starwolf, LunaWolf, Eli, Alexander, Ayashe , Alrai, Lex ,and me, Summer!
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Summerbreeze wrote:Random opinion time!: I think that If you have been banned 3 or more times you should not be able to run for office.
I agree with you, Summer. But I have a question: If you were banned 3 times, and this was your 4th time doing something wrong, wouldn't you be banned permanently from World 1?
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Summerbreeze wrote:If a user gets banned three or more times with the right proof, they should not be able to be elected for web earth’s city hall. Some may not care about city hall, but for the people that do, it should be a big deal. They also should not be permitted to vote in the city hall. Maybe next time they will read the rules?
If the elimination of a player's ability to run on city hall is to be hard capped by a single number of successful reports, perhaps the number should be higher than 3? This is not baseball. Perhaps the severity of the infractions in addition to the frequency should be considered before voting rights or eligibility for city hall are taken.
Summerbreeze wrote:I also think harsher bans should be permitted, the first time, maybe a three day ban? For second time a 1-2 week ban and for three it’s up. No more chances for you!
I agree with this. Bans have recently been nothing more harsh than a couple days, even for repeat offenders. However, for this change to take place, the opinions of Judge's must change. The current Judge must be aware of how many offense's the reported player has already committed, and punish accordingly.
"Always be present."
-?