CondorStory

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

CondorStory

Post by Hope »

The Beginning
When I first exited my egg I finally in the world, able to walk and play. I loved to played with my sister Kiri and wrestle with my brother, Mahpie.
Our parents fed us lots and we were a healthy bunch. As we grew I began adventuring about the cliff site.

The Dare
Then one day Mahpie dared me to leave the entrance and adventure the world. So I did, because I was a foolish and curios condor. As soon as I left I saw hawks, other condors, foxes and other predators that are sure to eat a young condor. I quickly ran back into the nest. My dad saw me and started attacking me, I ran back out and into a hole.

The 3 weeks
I cried that night I spent in the hole. It was a horrible and surprising 3 weeks. I heard something at the entrance and walked closer, it was Mahpie and Kiri! We lived together as a family until one day Kiri left because she found a mate, then Mahpie got eaten when he went hunting. I was all alone so I went to visit Kiri. when I entered her nest her mate attacked me so I fought back. He slashed my beak and I started to bleed. I clawed his talons but it wasn't very effective so I left and found a cliff site. It was a horrible and surprising 3 weeks.

The New Family
I started collecting food and minerals for my home. I also got rocks and mud. Then I looked out the entrance and saw condors filling the skies and songs and dances all around. It was finally Winter. I looked around curious and a strong male landed in her nest. I established a bond quickly. A tiring few months later it was late winter and I started staying in the nest or as close as possible. I went to the back of the cave and waited.

The Eggs
I gave birth to 2 healthy chicks! It was a very busy season, Spring! With young animals there was plenty of food. My mate and I had a huge pile of food but we kept hunting..... TO BE CONTINUED!!

Find out what happens to me if I get 3 comments withen a week i'll continue on my adventure!
Last edited by Hope on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Re: ARealCondorStory

Post by Scarikas »

Trust me... Even on a topic that's more detailed and A LOT longer than this, You WON'T get 10 comments in only 1 week. Nobody does.

and I can't really rate the story because it's too short :/
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Scar, I kinda find that a bit rude/mean just to let you know! :(
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

I expected you would. But I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just "letting you know" you probably won't get 10 comments in 1 week for just a paragraph. And sorry If It seemed offensive to you.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

It's okay, and I changed it to 3 comments! XD and I'm adding more to the story.
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Re: CondorStory

Post by SouthernStar »

It needs to be more detailed, have more description, have more emotion, have more depth. Right now your story seems very shallow, but if you could add some more detail, it could have great potential.

Remember what your literacy teacher says, where, what, how, when and why.

(Edit: Typo, D:<)
Last edited by SouthernStar on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For science!
Mumble
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mumble »

SouthernStar wrote:It needs to be more detailed, have more description, have more emotion, have more depth. Right now your story seems very shallow, but if you could add some more detail, it could have great potential.

Remember what your literacy teacher says, where, what, how, when and what.
This. Details are your friends. c:

Also, you seem to be switching intermittently between 1st person (I, me) and 3rd person (he, she, they). How could a condor chick have gotten from a cliffside nest to the ground where there was a hole, anyway? They can't fly, and they'd die from the fall.
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

true.... i'll edit it when I can :D
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

SouthernStar wrote:It needs to be more detailed, have more description, have more emotion, have more depth. Right now your story seems very shallow, but if you could add some more detail, it could have great potential.

Remember what your literacy teacher says, where, what, how, when and why.

(Edit: Typo, D:<)
That pretty much covers what I would say =) You need to put yourself in this Condor's place, the 'Chapters' need to be longer and more detailed, and a good story always has a Prologue* that sets the scene (For the reader to get a feel and sense of what the place looks like etc) Also I recommend a trick I always use, is to make my story characters stand out. They could have something different about them (scars, virtues, personality etc.) if you try not to rush through whats happening, as one moment your a young chick and then next minute your being attacked, then someone's eaten etc... the reader can catch up with you xD

I hope I haven't offended you, but they're just a few tips from me, you can develop your own style =D

* Prologue = The opening or beginning of a story that gives the reader a feel of whats going on, or it could be before the actual story starts.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Rosa
Bluebird Chick

Post by Rosa »

If there was only a favorite button... I would favorite this! I love it i even bookmarked it. Even though its a little short i really like it! :mrgreen:

-Rosa
When i get where I'm going they'll only be happy tears when i get where I'm going on the far side of the sky the first thing I'm gonna do is spread my wings and fly
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Rosa wrote:If there was only a favorite button... I would favorite this! I love it i even bookmarked it. Even though its a little short i really like it! :mrgreen:

-Rosa

i like it too. :D its a pretty cool story!
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
gratianmasu
Bluebird Chick

Post by gratianmasu »

Amazing story.I really like it.