A WEO-Based story. [Hawk Story]

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

A WEO-Based story. [Hawk Story]

Post by Scarikas »

Heyo, I just had the sudden urge to write. To write an animal story based off of Webearthonline.

It had been a week since my hatching, and my mother was coming in with some food. Her feathers brushed against the pine needles as she came in and had a strip of fresh meat dangling from her talons. She carefully fluttered down into the comfortable nest of twigs and leaves, and set a strip of meat down between me, My sister Moara and my brother Tylo. We all dug our impatient beaks in at the same time, the blood and fresh taste of mouse filling our stomachs. Moara was the oldest of us, and already had begun her flying lessons. She had not begun hunting yet like our parents Millie and Pluto. Tylo was slightly older than I was, and I was the youngest of the group. Though Tylo wasn't even old enough to fly yet, he had insisted on challenging our father Pluto. As they would challenge, I would watch in awe as they sort of went easy on each other, Of course neither of them would ever win, They would simply laugh and giggle while looking quite determined as they would teach each other their own tricks. One of the days, I remembered their tricks and tried to imitate it later. Tylo turned his head and looked at me pounce on a leaf like Pluto had instructed him to do. "Hey!" Tylo hissed. I slowly stepped off the leaf, and backed up a bit. "Daddy is teaching specifically ME, not you. I'm supposed to be the one who learns how to hunt." He cawed roughly. I looked oddly at him. "I'm teaching myself..." I told him. "Then don't use my tricks." Tylo hissed. I narrowed my eyes, slightly opening my beak in a hiss and fluffing up my very short-grown feathers so I would look as tall as he was. "All basics to hunting prey is pouncing on it.." I said, leaping right back onto the leaf. Tylo grunted, then waddled over to the other side of the room next to Moara.

It was two weeks later now, and Moara had finished her flying lessons and was doing tricks with Millie over the lake their tree was sat next to. I watched in awe as Millie swooped down, scooping up a fish about as big as I was. She came over and dropped it in the nest. Evidently Moara had already eaten because she only smiled as me and Tylo dug into the fish, sending excess skin and guts everywhere.
Millie turned to me and Tylo "Young'uns, today you will be starting YOUR flying lessons." We both grinned in excitement, not really knowing if that was biologically possible for birds to smile.

I was stepping talon by talon onto a branch, feeling very uncomfortable. Millie instructed me to do as she said "Stretch your wings out.. keep them straight you don't quite want any air resistance yet." I did as she said, and spread my wings out. I felt my feathers being brushed by the close desert breeze mixed with the subtle scent of new spring grass. Suddenly I was shoved off by something "Stretch your wings out and feel the wind, Stretch your body forward!" I was suddenly falling, but did as she said. I glided down slowly, feeling the air brushing through my face as my transparent eyelids brushed out debris. I landed on a lower branch, making it recoil slightly. I hopped my way back up to the nest, and was quite proud. Then didn't care to watch Tylo go out and take his flying test. "How was it?" Moara said sweetly. "It feels great" I replied. "It feels like.. I'm flying." Moara giggled. "Well no duh, You are."
Moara suddenly looked stern and alert. "Wait a minute..." She burst out of the nest and through the pines to the outside, sending more debris flinging everywhere. I heard a shriek, and lept in a random direction I knew a branch was at. I scooted out of the tree on the branch, the breeze suddenly almost blowing me off. Millie was wrestling in mid-air with a male condor as Moara was trying to get her off, the condor just stretched out one of his huge wings, knocking Moara easily away. Tylo was lying on the ground, it looked like when Millie had shoved him off he had panicked too much and fell. Suddenly I realized that I didn't know exactly where Father was.. He said he was out to get food, but where was he now?
The condor was easily overwhelming Millie, clawing at her chest-feathers rapidly and clawing her wings, making her flight very unstable. They suddenly started to look like a big morphing ball of brown and black feathers. I felt helpless on the branch, what was I supposed to do to help. I suddenly felt confidence, reached out my wings, and charged off the branch toward my mother. A sudden breeze knocked me off course along with shock and fear, making me tumble sideways. As I landed on some hard desert terrain, I saw the silhouette of blood being splattered out of Millie's chest in the distance, and her falling into the lake below.

I shrieked in terror, only standing on my back for a bit before scrambling to my talons and rushing towards it. It was a brief moment before I got back to the lake and the center was spreading with blood and feathers of Millie floated along the top. Her murderer, The male condor, was dripping with both his own blood and Millie's. I caught a brief sound of his panting before he flew off towards the Condor Caves. Moara was sitting dizzy beside a tree, but at least conscious enough to know what was going on. I waddled over to her "I tried... Delta... I tried..." She rasped. "It's okay... We're all going to be okay... " I told her. We noticed both Dad and Tylo were gone and assumed the Condor must have got them. She helped me back up to the nest, and both sat silent. looking down at our talons. I remembered the silhouette of my mother being ripped open and tossed into the lake, and tears started to leak from my eyes. I felt a comforting wing being put around me, and Moara nuzzled the top of my head with a dull end of her beak. "Like you said before, We're going to be okay. I'll take care of you." I looked up at her and smiled.

The next day it was still hard to get over the sudden loss of our family members, but Moara agreed to teach me how to fly. Each glide got easier until I tried flapping my wings, feeling the wind blow and travel between my feather's and my feather's hairs. At times I felt like I could close my eyes and fall into a peaceful sleep, but whenever I closed my eyes I'd lose my balance or smash into something.
One day, I couldn't sleep. I was lying beside Moara, who had one of her wings over me comfortably. I was so glad I still had her, I didn't know what I would do without her. Suddenly I heard rustling at the bottom of our tree. "Moara..." I whispered, getting up and making her wing roll off of me. The rustling was getting closer, and louder. "Moara!" I shrieked. Just as she bolted awake, a bobcat leaped over from over the edge and pinned me, it raised one of it's claws and was about to strike when Moara charged at it, knocking it back and off with a warning scratch. "Come on!" she said and flew out of the pines while the bobcat was stunned. I charged after her and spread my wings, but I wasn't finished with my flying lessons yet. Moara had perched herself inside of a crack on a nearby cliff to the lake and was staring desperately at me, her wings half-open in case I needed help. I flapped my wings wildly, but that didn't seem to help at all. "Let the wind carry you!" I heard Moara barely say. I stretched out my wings, and instantly felt a breeze. For the first time, I felt absolutely safe closing my eyes. I shut them, and almost felt my aura brushing it's feathers through the tunnels of the wind. I angled my wings and my tail-feathers, and was lead straight to the crack in the wall. Though the flying was very graceful, she landed with a hard thud and a barrel roll. "We can't go back as long as that bobcat is..." Suddenly a drop of rain plopped onto her beak, and soon to be followed by a drizzle. "Come on.. we should get some sleep" she said as she followed me deeper into the crack in the wall. It was very large, the entrance was tiny but the inside was almost as big as a Condor Cave. I curled up next to Moara once again, and she put her Wing over me and kept me warm. I was still so glad to have her.
I was woke up by a sudden thunder strike striking uncomfortably close, evidently Moara was a heavy sleeper because it didn't wake her up. I simply put my head back down, but the sudden sound of fire sizzling somewhat far made me uncomfortable, but I simply snuggled closer to my asleep sister Moara and fell asleep.

I woke up. It was a very warm morning, despite last night's rain. The sun was seeping in through cracks in the little hollow and the air was filled with the scent of rain. I yawned, feeling uncomfortably great and got up. I saw Moara sitting, looking out of the crack. All of her feathers were drooping, and she looked twice her age. "Sister...?" I asked. "What's wrong?" I fluttered over to her side, and saw exactly what she was sad about. Our home tree, the one who has been there for generations of hawks to use, was leafless, charred, and split directly in half down the middle. The thunder last night must have done it! I thought. I started to cry some more tears, but Moara only put her wing comfortably around me once again. "This will be our new home" she decided. I was still shaky, and just snuggled into her feathers as we both looked over across our old, burnt home.

I swooped through tunnels of the wind, my feathers bristling against the waves of the new summer heat. I was flying far more out of where I had ever gone before, and for the last few weeks my loving sister Moara had taught me how to fly. Unlike my mother had to her, she gave me extra lessons and tips every day and I was starting to be a better flyer than she was. She came up close behind me, and did a barrel roll in mid air. She did a signal with her tail feathers, and I looked towards where she was pointing her long, sharp beak. I swiftly scooped through the air and the sky, then folded up my wings, tucked in my leg, and stretched my body, making me dive downwards. I widened my wings and my tail-feathers a second before I came down on a mouse, outstretching my talon's claws and snatching it off of the grassy clearing. That one moment of shock was too strong for a tiny mouse, and it was dead in seconds plus the harsh force of my talons. I flew back up, swirling around my sister as she was treading the air. We both dove away and soared towards our new home in the cliff-side. Together, we shared the mouse as she congratulated me on my catch between every few bites as night began to set in. Tonight it was going to be a super-moon, where the moon would become 14% bigger. So we were going to watch it. We didn't quite know how we knew it would happen tonight, but we're birds. We know things.

[Only have 25 minutes on library computer so I may just cut off at some time.]

My loving older sister and I sat on the ledge of our new home. The world’s moon glared on the land below, staining it with pale blue beauty. I could see every crater and detail, and so could the animals below. Even the bobcat who had attacked us weeks before was staring up at the beautiful blue-moon. The forest seemed to be silent and beautiful on that one night of the super-moon.

The next week was the start of Winter. My sister and I started eating a lot more, and the prey supply was lowering at a surprising rate. It was getting harder and harder to keep ourselves full, and on the first day of actual snow we couldn’t find a single bite of prey. Me and my sister decided to do something dangerous.
Steal a condor chick.

We flew along the cold breeze; I looked at my older sister ahead of me. She was much skinnier then she had last been in the plentiful autumn, and my smaller size had started doing the same to me. But after this, we would be full… But even if we did succeed in this, What would we do after? Eat foxes?
We landed on a nearby ledge. My sister hid downwind, waiting. I shrunk somewhat behind her. A long condor flew out of the cave. I could only see it’s silhouette as it’s huge wings stretched across the sky. I bunched up my mustles, preparing to attack, and my sister whispered quickly to me “Now!”and zoomed in quickly.
Inside I only had a second to take in what I saw. Standing there, unnoticed of what had just happened, was the condor who had killed my mother. I heard a high-pitched squeel, and my sister had a young condor chick clamped tightly in her talons. She fluttered up, the lack of breeze in the cave only allowing short flight, and used her other talon to scratch the face of the now-attacking father. I charged forward, and grabbed the other larger chick. The father, the one condor who had kiled my mother, charged forward after Moara had shoved him away and bit the talon I used to hold the chick, I cringed and dropped it on the ground. “Here!” Moara shouted and forcefully gave the chick she was holding to my talons, and she charged forward. She grabbed one wing of the father with her free talon, and roughly shredded one of his eyes with the other. He screeched, and fell onto the ground. Me and my sister flew out as fast as we could.
We were only two feet from the cave when the large mother bumped us back, screeching wildly. I pounced on her with my free talons, just like I had practiced back in the nest, and she was pushed down rather closely to the ground. She slowed, but toppled wreckfully into the snow. Just then I realized my sister Moara was wrestling with the recently stunned father, the other chick still grasped tightly and bloodily in her talon. I charged forward, and pulled his wings back with my talons, clamping hard with my eyes shut, praying that my grasp was tight enough to stun him. My sister’s eyes widened and she shrieked at the top of her lungs.
“This is for Millie!” she said, I saw the corner of a talon raise before blood was spirted into my face. I heard a shriek before it was cut off, and the body of the condor went limp. I spat out sour blood, and dropped the condor to let it lay limp and lifeless in the snow. The other condor had let out a squawk of fear, and flew wildly away. My sister still had the now dead condor chick clamped tightly in one of her talons, and she was staring triumphantly down at the dead condor. I only treaded the air and stared in awe at the dead condor’s body, and looked congratulatedly at my sister. We sent a sort of telepathic message pass through our eyes, and at once we both flew head-strong back to our home through the white, pale winter.
Last edited by Scarikas on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Re: A WEO-Based story. [Hawk Story]

Post by SouthernStar »

I love it so much.

Please continue!
For science!
SpiritQuest
Adult Bluebird

Post by SpiritQuest »

That was awesome!!! I dont think i could even write a story like that it was that, that great
you gots to continue
Summer the season of fun,Fall the season of peace,Winter the season of joy,Spring is the season that contains them all
With is your favorite?
Rosa
Bluebird Chick

Post by Rosa »

SpiritQuest wrote:That was awesome!!! I dont think i could even write a story like that it was that, that great
you gots to continue
Neither could i. And i agree i think its awesome! (NOTE: If the color didn't show up, I'm sorry i don't know how to add color)

Hope you have a nice day!

-Rosa
When i get where I'm going they'll only be happy tears when i get where I'm going on the far side of the sky the first thing I'm gonna do is spread my wings and fly
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Made another chapter.

g2gonlytwominutesleftonlibrarycomputer.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
SpiritQuest
Adult Bluebird

Post by SpiritQuest »

I dont even have words to describe the thought nor feeling i have for this story. but to sum it up I Love it! :mrgreen:
Summer the season of fun,Fall the season of peace,Winter the season of joy,Spring is the season that contains them all
With is your favorite?