Game Suggestions Topic

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Swifty
Adult Mouse

Re: Suggestions Topic

Post by Swifty »

Y'all just got told.

I've never had a pup die from lack of milk. Huzzah
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I have.
His name was Kazimo.
I saw that as a creepily thought out omen, because any pups I name Kazimo end up dead. Clearly some divine being is trying to tell me something. :C
Nearly finished with the visual pictures of my suggestion. I'll post them soon unless I forget.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Awesome, I like your fake'd weo pics .u.
Like the adopt one.
niallz299
Baby Mouse

Post by niallz299 »

I think there should be a burrowing animal like a mile or a shrew (preferably shrew I<3 them so much) because WEO really needs some small prey animals also I think it would be cool to live in a shrew or mole colony and have tunnels leading to underground dens whet you ate safe from predators and protecting and fighting for your colony
That girl you just called fat? Shes over-dosing on diet pills. That girl you called ugly? She spends hours putting make up on. That boy you made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. 95% of you won't re-post this, but those of you with a heart will.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

niallz299 wrote:I think there should be a burrowing animal like a mile or a shrew (preferably shrew I<3 them so much) because WEO really needs some small prey animals also I think it would be cool to live in a shrew or mole colony and have tunnels leading to underground dens whet you ate safe from predators and protecting and fighting for your colony
Well, the only 'burrowing' animals we have right now are mice and rabbits. But yeah, shrews would be awesome! We already have small prey animals. (Mice, rabbits, bluebirds, rattle snakes and king snakes.) and that would be...Too hard to make. But a good suggestion!
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Personally I think the much bigger issue is how easily the prey dies out. When you have babies as a mouse, and when they grow, your babies die within minutes. It's probably natural for some or most of your babies to die, but the thing is, all of them die. I think it's also the mice coming from NPC parents that die out as well. Most of the NPC mice that "survive" aren't actually survivors, they spawn in-game. It'd be cool if we got the "peek" button back, but I'm not sure if that will help.

There are:
5 prey (Blue Bird, Cardinal, Mouse, Rabbit, Gecko)
5 predators (Rattle Snake, King Snake, Hawk, Condor, Red Fox)

AG Animals:
4 predators (Bob Cat, Coyote, Grey Wolf, Bear)
3 herd animals (Elk, Goat, Buffalo)
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
niallz299
Baby Mouse

Post by niallz299 »

Rattlesnake,a predator? If its a predator than how come almost every predatory animal tries to kill you? I think WEO should make rattlesnakes more like a predator and not like prey, make it so only hawks and condors (maybe foxes) should try to kill the rattlesnake.Just a suggestion
That girl you just called fat? Shes over-dosing on diet pills. That girl you called ugly? She spends hours putting make up on. That boy you made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. 95% of you won't re-post this, but those of you with a heart will.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Because they're trying to keep it realistic.
and just because you die a lot on rattler dosn't mean people ain't got skillz to make it to red-age xD
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I'm not sure if you understand it quite like I do, niall. When you "grow up" to adulthood, it's basically like you just got out of your parent's burrow. You're extremely vulnerable still, and even the predatory birds can pick you up and kill you. The thing is, a rattle snake is not the top predator, definitely not. It is considered predatory, reason being that they do eat prey. It itself can also be prey too to other predators. Predators don't necessarily like to eat other predators, but if the option is there, then I guess that's how it's going to be.
Also, king snakes like to eat rattlers too. There's a lot of realistic factors put into here.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

Some predators can be prey to other predators. Such is the case with rattlesnakes, both in the wild and in game.

How do you propose the problem of small prey constantly dying off be fixed, Alex?
-Should the behavior of small prey be altered? Perhaps so they spend more idle time in holes and logs as opposed to being out in the open. They will be more likely to survive if they spend the majority of time in shelter, and only venture into the open when necessary. In game, I rarely see NPCs in any sort of shelter unless they are raising offspring.
-Should the chance of hitting (and thusly killing) small prey be lowered? Consider how easy it is to hit a large target compared to that of a small target, such as small prey.
-What other ways could the problem be fixed?
"Always be present."
-?
sparkwolf111
Baby Gecko

Post by sparkwolf111 »

i think the problem is the concentration of predators, like you can see up to 6 predators around you at a time. perhaps increasing the size of the world maps but not increasing the number of predators? and, when a predator kills a animal they dont always eat the corpse. after all the prey grows up in spring you can see that its littered with corpses that will all go to waste. maybe change predator behavior so they only attack animals when there hunger is at a certain point(except if they have young) and when theres no available food within there line of sight.
Number 1 rabbit. My in-game name is keyin.
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

^
^
That idea about only killing with hunger at a certain point is genius.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Slueth
Adult Bluebird

Re: Game Suggestions Topic

Post by Slueth »

Well, if you look at the animal food ecology pyramid thingy (No clue what it's called)
It shows that the higher on the food chain an animal is, the less of them there should be.
Not true in WEO, as far as I've noticed. There are 5 basic prey animals, and 5 basic predatory
animals, and their numbers aren't very spread out. It's common sense the prey would be wiped out quickly.
And yeah, I think animals should stay in dens and such more to rest and things.

Maybe Npc's could have perma-dens where they sleep and maintain their nest all year long?
not all animals, just ones that would actually do that. if there are any. XD

Also, I think burrowing would be nice. Not just digging a hole, but be able to make a whole underground system of tunnels.
Multiple entrances, different rooms, maybe if you dig down enough even access to ground-water.
The ability to have rabbit warrens, like a herd of elk but with rabbits? Multiple dens connected to eachother with tunnels,
and as long as the animal is in the warren it won't be attacked.
~In the most seductive way possible.~

Yay Wolfies! Thanks Silent for having the sig and I clicked it
and made my own and I'm rambling and blah blah blah.

"One of the great things about books is they sometimes have fantastic pictures"
Mblover143
Bluebird Chick

Post by Mblover143 »

These are all amazing suggestions I hope WEO considers and adds new animals to basic and advanced! I know lots of players woulld buy advanced if they had different animal choices!
Cerulean
Baby Mouse

Post by Cerulean »

I agree with the posters above about how prey runs out quickly. Usually, there's only around 10 mice in any given season that's not spring. Also, bobcats will swipe at anything, including birds in the air. I find it really annoying that I get into heat of battle for being on the same square as a bobcat, even though I'm flying...

Anyway, more realistic behavior would be that when attacked, prey animals run to the nearest hole and hide, and they dont come out of their hole except to search for food.