Game Suggestions Topic

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

sparkwolf111
Baby Gecko

Re: Game Suggestions Topic

Post by sparkwolf111 »

Foxesrule wrote:
sparkwolf111 wrote:I believe that elk and buffalo females do not need rank one to mate, only wolves and coyotes, unles weo changed it, since ive multimated as an elk before.
In real life, only the number one male elk mates.

There should be rats. They would be bigger and stronger than mice-And slightly different looking.
yea, i already know that :P

anyway, before weo adds anything i think they need to make some bug fixes
1)Foxes bring straw to their babies because they can eat grass, so they try to take the grass and bring it to their babies, but they only take straw
solutions:
*make straw edible for foxes
*re-program fox's not to take straw to babies
2)rabbits become trapped outside there dens because they spawn in "small hole" but there are two kinds of small hole, reptiles/mice, and rabbit hole.
solutions:
*seperate small holes into two groups, extra small holes where snakes and mice and geckos spawn, and small holes were rabbits spawn
*make rabbits able to fit into mouse/gecko/snake holes
3)wolves/coyotes become trapped outside their dens because they spawn in fox holes
solutions:
*make wolves and coyotes able to enter fox holes
*seperate holes so there are three types "coyote hole, fox hole, wolf hole" and make them so they only spawn in the coresponding hole
4)when wind is strong and blows through trees, it blows out parasites that cannot go away until the server resets, eventually they pile up until the spot is full and no one can move to it
solutions:
*make parasites have a time limit on their lives
*make it so parasites cant be blown out of trees
5) in the winter buffalo players become cold while all the other buffalos tempreture stay warm, and the player eventually die
solutions:
*make it so buffalo warm up with other buffalo in their square
*make it so buffalo's heat levels wont go below half way

i cant think of anymore, but ill edit them in if i think of anymore
Number 1 rabbit. My in-game name is keyin.
W0lfeyez
Bluebird Chick

Re: Game Suggestions Topic BATS

Post by W0lfeyez »

I think it would be really cool if players could be a bat? Fruit bat, vampire bat, or insectivore bat. I think bats would make the game lively. Maybe you could make it so they come out at night and use echos? Like you click on yourself and an option is "Send Echo" then it tells you your surroundings. What do you guys think? :mrgreen:

((I posted something requesting bat, but bats are in here DX))

I really think bats should be in the game. You guys should have some sort of poll where users can vote on the next animal. (Hopefully bats!)

And, if there are bats, please make them regular. I don't want to have bats as advanced because they are not that strong.

Last, what species of bat would they be? Would they be vampire bats, fruit bats, or insectivore bats? Maybe if they were vampire bats, they could land on an animal and drink blood from them by choosing on option on another animal titled "Drink Blood" Or just pressing the "Eat" Button above "Drink"?
Last edited by Kenya on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding in information from a double post

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Bats would be a great addition to the game, but they would be difficult to code, as they'd need to hang upside down, yet can't land, and night-time would need to be added as well.. But for the echo-location, maybe it would tell you things you couldn't see? (Dosen't show up for anybody else and the insects would appear.) It would probably be advanced too, as they live in colonies. Also there are many, many different types of bats, such as tiny pippistrelle bats to horse shoe bats, and pippitsrelles would be able to fit in bird holes and yet horse shoes wouldn't? So maybe not insectivore?

I've got a list of suggestions.

Norway Rat
Bigger, stronger, and more health than a mouse. Can eat anything apart from insects.
Ideal nest place: Small hole. OR rat hole, the next suggestion. ;3
Mating season: All seasons, as female rats can become pregnant every two days.
Also, maybe, lives in groups?
Basic game, perhaps advanced?

Rat hole
A special hole that only rats can dig. Is bigger than a small hole, and has two places to make nests in. Smaller than a medium hole.

Mustang
Can eat generally the same thing as elks. Lives in herds. Only the rank 1 stallion can mate.
Advanced game.

Grey squirrel
Can climb trees (Obviously...) to nest, rest, and eat eggs but not chicks.
Basic game.

Eggs
Perhaps when a bird first lays the eggs, they are not the chicks yet-Perhaps the parents need to sit on them to keep their body heat up. Like waiting to lay them, there is a bar that says when they will hatch, but dosen't take as long. Squirrels and other animals can eat eggs.

Woodpecker
Can make hollows in trees, the sort that bluebirds nest in. Insects are in the hole when they first make it.
Basic game.

Raccoon
Can eat meat, insects, eggs (If the player can get their paws on them!), fruit and fish.
Basic game.

Fish
Could just be NPC things players can find swimming in the water and kill for fish.

Cuckoo
When you play as a cuckoo, you start in a random cardinal or bluebird nest but as the only chick. When laying eggs as a cuckoo, must find a cardinal/bluebird nest.
Basic game.

Boar
Smaller than wolves, but drops a large carcass when killed and lives in herds.
Advanced game.

Crow
Perhaps gains more hunger from eating carcasses as they can and will pick out eyeballs.
Basic game.

Skunk
Perhaps could have an option to spray the 'scent' at a predator, which could either blind them temporarily (Screen going black for 30 seconds.) or do damage.
Advanced game.

Barn owl (Or any owl.)
About same size of a hawk, but can pick up mice and kill them in mid-air.
Basic game.

Voles
Extremely similar to mice but weaker.
Basic game.

Shrews
Similar to voles but smaller and weaker-Perhaps second animal to unlock?
Basic game.

Moss
Elk, bison, mice and rabbits could eat it, but could also be used as nesting material.

Acorns
Mice, rabbits, squirrels (if added) can eat it.

Thunderstorm
The screen could darken and flashes could appear every so often, and very occasionaly causing a forest fire.

Forest fire.
The first tree would turn into fire and it spreaded from tree to tree? Animals inside holes would, instead of 'you feel some bad weather coming', it would appear as 'It's getting very hot...' and have several minutes to get out the forest and hole before it spreads to that square. Animals in trees would get the same, and when the fire is 2 squares around that tree, the edges of the screen could turn red. Any animal on the same square as the fire would die. Once the fire dies out, all the food in the forest would be burnt and birds would temporarily not be able to land or go in the trees effected by it, which would be black.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
W0lfeyez
Bluebird Chick

Post by W0lfeyez »

Oh well. I hope they would be in basic. Anyways, I LOVE your ideas!!

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

W0lfeyez wrote:Oh well. I hope they would be in basic. Anyways, I LOVE your ideas!!
Thank you, and so do I-It just seems like all group animals are advanced and will stay like that.
W0lfeyez
Bluebird Chick

Post by W0lfeyez »

Yeah, but it's said it should be for basic.

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Sorry if I'm bumping, but I was looking through the in-game screenshots today on WEO's home page... And I saw shadows underneath the birds, why were these removed? It made the game more realistic, and I think it should be added back in. I'm not demanding for it to be added back in, I'm just 're-suggesting' for one of the old features to be added back in.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

hoopyscoop wrote:Sorry if I'm bumping, but I was looking through the in-game screenshots today on WEO's home page... And I saw shadows underneath the birds, why were these removed? It made the game more realistic, and I think it should be added back in. I'm not demanding for it to be added back in, I'm just 're-suggesting' for one of the old features to be added back in.
Maybe it caused lag for some people?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Foxesrule wrote:
hoopyscoop wrote:Sorry if I'm bumping, but I was looking through the in-game screenshots today on WEO's home page... And I saw shadows underneath the birds, why were these removed? It made the game more realistic, and I think it should be added back in. I'm not demanding for it to be added back in, I'm just 're-suggesting' for one of the old features to be added back in.
Maybe it caused lag for some people?
You may be right. In a lot of games I have played using my older laptop, shadow effects always caused a lot of framerate (fps or frames per second) issues. I'm assuming it could be just the same with this game as well. I don't really know why shadows have such a big effect on games, but regardless it seems to take effect in all of them.
Maybe one thing to suggest is possibly adding an option to turn shadows on or off, if it was an issue between fps, that is.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
W0lfeyez
Bluebird Chick

Post by W0lfeyez »

It never lagged for me... weird.

Stormy251
Bluebird Chick

Post by Stormy251 »

Maybe when your hibernating you could sleep... Because aren't they ALREADY sleeping!?
Ingame name: Hoody (I wuv CreepyPasta :3)
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Stormy251 wrote:Maybe when your hibernating you could sleep... Because aren't they ALREADY sleeping!?
Defintely..

When I finish hibernating the first thing I do is sleep. x_x
Stormy251
Bluebird Chick

Post by Stormy251 »

And it's sorta annoying when you have to wake up every 2 minutes to sleep, eat, and drink.... x.x
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Stormy251 wrote:And it's sorta annoying when you have to wake up every 2 minutes to sleep, eat, and drink.... x.x
I just wait it out until Spring..Somehow I'm patient... Mind you, I am British. :| -Famous for waiting in queues-
Stormy251
Bluebird Chick

Post by Stormy251 »

Truthfully, I'm never patient... >~<
Another attachment that would be cool is that you could order mates to move pups/kits/cubs/reptile babies to a different den... And order them to hunt with you