Game Suggestions Topic

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Re: Suggestions Topic

Post by shadow-wolf »

h00pysc00p wrote:
Grep42 wrote:I've got a sudgestion for a new bird. Crows. They can eat anything but grass or other plants, and can kill geekos and mice. They nest in tree branches and live in flocks.
Oh, I like that idea.

As long as Its not in Advanced, I think there should be a herd/ flock animal in non - advanced
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

shadow-wolf wrote:
h00pysc00p wrote:
Grep42 wrote:I've got a sudgestion for a new bird. Crows. They can eat anything but grass or other plants, and can kill geekos and mice. They nest in tree branches and live in flocks.
Oh, I like that idea.

As long as Its not in Advanced, I think there should be a herd/ flock animal in non - advanced
Well yeah, of course :D Basic players NEED to have the feel of being in a family/pack/herd/flock,
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

Yea, I was thinking they would be basic too.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I know this would be difficult, but there should be a WEO IPhone app.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Not sure if this would be easy or not, but..
How about make arrows point in a direction when you hear a noise? This would show where the animal who made the noise is coming from- and it can be affected by rain(when it is raining, you don't hear the noise) and sometimes you're to far away so the arrow doesn't point anywhere.
Snow can muffle it to; depends...
But anyways, this would help you locate where animals are: like if your a wolf you would want to know where elk or other prey is. Or if your a prey item, you'd want to avoid where the predators are.
The arrows would vary in color(Blue for bluebirds, red for cardinals, orange for foxes, dark grey for wolves, etc...) or have the names of whatever animal it is.

EDIT:
Another suggestion.
Okay, so I know people have wanted an adopt option- my stupid imaginary mind decided that it was going to further detail the 'adopt' option last night, while I was trying to sleep(stupid mind...).

ADOPTION
- You can only adopt a baby if both its parents are dead. This means that the baby was born to a family, but neither parent is alive anymore(Please remember what is underlined and not ask about what happens if a real player just spawns in the world without parents...).
- When adopting, you simply click 'adopt' button(as shown above).
- If the baby is already adopted by someone else, you will get a message of 'Requested to adopt (first adopter's name here)'s (Insert the baby's name here).' Only the original adopter can accept adoption requests.
- If someone has requested to adopt, you will a message similar to this:
- Any animal can adopt any animal. Bluebirds can adopt other bluebirds or even bear cubs.
- There can be many adopted parents of one baby: Just one parent, or 2, or 3, etc. Gender doesn't matter, meaning a male and female can adopt, or two males, or two males AND two females, and so on.
- The adopted baby will give you the amount of points it would give to regular parents. However, if there are multiple parents, the points would split. Example would be if the baby is worth 300 points and then grows, the one parent would get all 300 points. If there are two parents, each gets 150 points. If there three parents, then each gets 100, and so on.
- The baby would behave as it would to its natural parents- this means that Elk calves would follow you around as if you were its mother, and the babies would call out 'Mommy' or 'Daddy'.
- If your child is a mammal who needs milk, you CANNOT produce milk for it. However if you are a mammal with your own milk-eating babies, then you can produce milk for the adopted child, and it will feed along with its adopted siblings.
- Only the original adopter can edit names(If the others want to change a name to something else, then they can just ask the original adopter).
- 'Adopted Parent' would replace 'Mother' of adopted children, and would only have the original adopter's name.
- Only adults can adopt. (Forgot to add this common sense one. Thank you, Luna. XD)

Any suggestions on how I can edit the Adoption suggestion? Anything at all- from new features to suggesting changes to the ones I have.
Last edited by StarWolf on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

I think that would be amazing! Adding on to that: Only adult animals could adopt, both for realism, and to avoid people abusing it to take their chicks back after they die and still get points.

Also, I think if you press Z button when you're not talking, it should have you sleep.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Really good idea actually, Star.
I was thinking that in W1, when people tried picking you up the pick up-ee would get a yes or no option, like you showed.

And Luna, thats also cool. But maybe instead of hitting Z for sleep, perhaps your character lays down and goes to sleep. As well as a relax button, you would be laying down but visibly not asleep, and it gives less rest than sleeping. I know people who rp on weo main site would get a kick out of that and other more visable actions. Maybe sit, or something as well.
NPCs could also do those things in their dens and whatnot.
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

My brain is still adding ideas, so I'll probably make another post in a few days(With more pictures, because I have no life other than making digital fake images).
As for the pick-up option thing, that would be pretty difficult cause then you'd have to click yes every time they try to pick you up if you WANT to be picked up. Maybe have a feature that makes the yes or no count for like... 3 minutes?
And the visual lying down: that would probably take a bit more work, 'cause WEO would need to make sprites for each of those. It'd be pretty cool though. ^.^

Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Yeah, I thought about that too but I forgot to say anything x3

It would suck to do new sprites, but it would be worth it. Atleast imo
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

Ooh, just remembered something I wanted to add. Maybe make mice babies grow up faster, or some other way to balance out their population? There are almost ALWAYS no mice around when I play, and realistically it should be VERY hard to eliminate mice completely.
Mblover143
Bluebird Chick

[NEW IDEA FOR Mamals in WEO]

Post by Mblover143 »

Horses12 Speaking! or horses12 as many of you may know me as...

This idea came up when I was caring for my coyote pups in the denw with my mate.
I think that all mamals should produce milk faster. Milk has becoming a lower option for pretty much
everyone in the game. Thus one of my pup died because I couldn't produce milk faster.
So SHOULDN'T you enable a produce milk option for female mamals such as, Elk,Bears,Wolves,Coyotes,Foxes,Buffalo,Goats,Bobcats? etc
The button would look like a baby's bottle (exactly like the one used for babies when they nurse from their mother),
Then you would click it yourself to produce the milk faster. I understand it takes energy to do this, so why don;t we just use up our food rescourses or energy rescoursces in order to produce milk faster?

Credited idea:Horses12/horses12
Any suggestions or minimal fixes?
Feel free to reply below.
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Re: [NEW IDEA FOR Mamals in WEO]

Post by Grep42 »

I like that idea. Everytime I'm a fox I even consider killing some my pups.
Vegan: The other white meat.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: [NEW IDEA FOR Mamals in WEO]

Post by hoopyscoop »

Mblover143 wrote:Horses12 Speaking! or horses12 as many of you may know me as...

This idea came up when I was caring for my coyote pups in the denw with my mate.
I think that all mamals should produce milk faster. Milk has becoming a lower option for pretty much
everyone in the game. Thus one of my pup died because I couldn't produce milk faster.
So SHOULDN'T you enable a produce milk option for female mamals such as, Elk,Bears,Wolves,Coyotes,Foxes,Buffalo,Goats,Bobcats? etc
The button would look like a baby's bottle (exactly like the one used for babies when they nurse from their mother),
Then you would click it yourself to produce the milk faster. I understand it takes energy to do this, so why don;t we just use up our food rescourses or energy rescoursces in order to produce milk faster?

Credited idea:Horses12/horses12
Any suggestions or minimal fixes?
Feel free to reply below.
That is a great idea. I have trouble with not being able to get milk fast enough. Then the baby dies RIGHT as I get milk. :? I think this should me added.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I never had a problem with raising pups. The best way to get around that is to spam your sleep button. It's also really nice if you have a real person male mate with you dropping by giving you food right on your square so you can just eat away and sleep constantly.

The thing is, it is true that the production of milk is pretty much lacking quite the bit here. I don't know if it's to show that generally pups die due to such a thing or what. I guess if you don't eat or sleep well as a mother, you won't produce a lot of milk for you pups. Could that be it? There's a lot to say, really.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Yeah, raising the babies who need milk is easy- so long as you concentrate on getting them food and maintaining your own energy levels, everything should be fine. Wolves and coyotes usually only ever have 3-4 pups, and that is usually a piece of cake to feed(When I have five, about half the time I have one pup die which imo is realistic). Foxes can generally have larger litters(5-8 if I remember correctly), but this is easily solved by just separating those who need milk and those who don't- and they don't have long to wait until they get weaned anyways(Same with bobcats, but they have smaller litters).
As for Elk, Bears, Bison, and Goats- how is that hard? .-. You can only have 2 babies at max(Bison is only one I believe) so really you just need to alternate who to hold and who not to hold, and they get all the milk they need.
The basic point of what I just typed is that if the mother is healthy and makes good decisions on raising the kids, everything should be fine. Babies dying off in really big litters? Well, I highly doubt that all the offspring in wild wolf/fox/etc litters survive to adulthood anyways. The weakest tend to die easily, as WEO shows.