A Fox's Life "The Albino Raven"

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Alone
Bluebird Chick

A Fox's Life "The Albino Raven"

Post by Alone »

No Matter What Happens, A Fox Lives On
A famine. That's the first thing I remember. I was so hungry, but Ursa, my mother, was always sucked dry when I made it to her belly. I was a runt, and the lowest ranked female in the whole fox population. I didn't try to challenge my sisters, the two of them, because I knew I would lose. And I was so hungry. My stomach was empty, and I constantly felt the pinching reminder of it. I always stayed in the nest, sleeping, playing, and being cleaned by Basil, my father. But soon, my energy dropped to a dangerously low level and I just slept. It was a blur for several days after that, just tongues, furry bodies, and hungry. Then Singe and Winterwind got into a fight, over what I have no idea. They were fighting so hard, and in the end, WinterWind went down beneath Singe, and Singe killed WinterWind. He didn't seem at all sheepish, Singe, having killed the highest ranking male. That meant he went to the top, but it didn't matter now. As soon as Ursa saw WinterWind's carcass, she left without feeding us milk. Singe challenged everyone, even Basil, but Basil always calmly stared him down. Basil gathered all kinds of things for us, stringing them about the den. Berries, seeds, pieces of meat, even hair and straw. I'm not sure of the purpose of those two things, but they must have served a purpose. I was still so exhausted though, and mostly slept in the nest and watched the others. My health started dropping after that, and I became sick. I had no minerals in my system, my calcium was red-light low, and I had no food or water. The others began creeping about the back recesses of the den, always staying close to the nest. They started eating the food Basil had brought, but I could not move, to tired and sick I was. A famine which only I felt, now.
Singe had become a pest, always teasing me with food, hoarding what Basil brought, and challenging and attacking the other males. He didn't really do anything to my two sisters, allowing them several pieces of food every now and then. I stayed in the nest, testing my strength and moving about the leaf and straw cushion. Basil started regurgitating food for me, and finally, I was full. For the first time, I didn't feel a terrible pinch of hunger. I began to play around the nest, with Frosty, who had started to settle in the nest with me. It was so much fun! I ran about, played, and ate. I felt healthy again, and my sickness soon disappeared. Although I didn't venture from the nest, I felt like I could take on the world. I was going to be proved wrong, as I always was.

No Matter What Happens, No Fox Can Live Forever
It was nightime when it happened, I think. The den entrance was dark, and Basil slept beside the nest. I was awake, because I had just heard a sound from outside the den. Next thing I know, there was a screeching-hissing sound. I scrambled back to the edge of the nest, by the far wall. A Bobcat stood in the entrance, it's back arched and maw opened. Long, glistening fangs shone from between her lips, and I whimpered. Basil jumped up and immediately leapt forward, snapping at the Bobcat. He missed by a wolf's breath, and the 'cat struck out in return, one wickedly clawed paw slapping Basil across the face. My father leapt back with a yelp, but stupidly drove forward once more. They were a spitting, barking heap of fury in the entrance now. I buried my white nose between my paws and squeezed shut my eyes. I felt a soft tongue on my ear. Frosty was beside me, eyes wide and scared. I could see Ash and Marion, my sisters, behind him, whimpering and cowering down. Singe stood before the nest, tail up, ears forward. I didn't know where my other two brothers were, but I had a sick feeling. I lifted my eyes past the siblings, past the nest- to the entrance.
Basil lay motionless, and the Bobcat was prowling close to the nest, licking her lips. I knew she had finished off my brothers. I scrambled up now, and Frosty, Ash, and Marion pressed close to me. Singe hotheadedly drew himself up and snarled. The Bobcat hissed back and slunk forward, claws clicking against the rock bottom of the den. Singe's tail tucked between his legs and he scrambled into the nest, slinking behind us and cowering down. Frosty looekd about, and then began to bark at the 'cat. Marion panicked and jumped up, leaping away and around the Bobcat. The she-cat spun about and followed the pup, hissing and spitting. They disappeared out into the night.
We lay still, waiting for the 'cat or Marion to return. Singe was still hunkered behind us, and Frosty, Ash and I continued to huddle together. Nothing came, and light began to filter in. It was grey-light, and I knew the sun was just creeping towards the horizon. I stood and stepped from the nest. I began to trot away, and stopped beside Basil's lifeless body. I looked back, and saw Frosty, with his bright red fur and inky black points, leading Ash after me. I turned once more and ran out into the dawn. I could hear three sets of paws pounding behind me, and I knew Singe had followed, out of fear.

No Matter What Happens, A Fox Can't Always Be Together
I found a berry bush by a small stream, and it seemed untouched. I picked away the berries and gulped them down. Frosty and Ash followed me and ate some. Singe crept forward, glancing around before hastily snapping up the left over berries. Then I slid towards the stream and dipped myself halfway in, dipping my pink tongue below the crystal surface and drinking my fill. I heard the others coming to drink, and I lifted my head to watch, my paws still in the cold water. Frosty sucked up a lot of water, and Singe just lapped up several tongue-fulls. Ash sucked up about the same amount as me and backed away. She scrambled beneath the berry bush and curled up. I followed her and curled against her back. Singe settled at the edge, and Frosty stood before us, watching. Then he padded forward and wiggled to us. He settled on Ash's other side and layed his head on his paws. Singe looked back with a confident look and settled down onto his belly. He would watch over us, I think. I curled against my sister's back and closed my reddish eyes. I dreamed of being Marion, except I was chasing the Bobcat , not the other way around. I was huge, and looked down upon her. I didn't feel my paws hitting the ground. I was flying... Suddenly, I was on the ground, and Basil was charging me. I shrieked and shot upright, my eyes popping open. I was panting heavily, and I whimpered, looking about. Sticks pushed at my fur, and I remembered we were under the bush. Ash was looking up at me and making a small, concerned whine. Frosty and Sineg were gone, and I stood, looking about worriedly. Where were they?! They couldn't have been taken!
I heard a small huff from behind me, and spun. Singe and Frosty stood a couple of feet away from the bush, a small mouse set out before the two males. I sighed with relief and scrambled from beneath the berry bush, Ash behind me. I licked each of my brothers' muzzles and nuzzled Frosty. Singe bent down and nudged the mouse towards me and Ash. I wagged my tail and leaned down, taking a mouthful of succulent meat. Ash took another mouthful, and then I did once more. We continued this way until we had finished off the mouse. Singe wagged his tail, as I had minutes before, and turned and began to trot away. I followed, Ash close on my tail. Frosty frolicked after us and batted at Ash playfully. Our moderately full stomachs made us all feel frisky, and soon I and Singe joined in the play. We splashed across the stream and danced about through the newly-sprouted grass. I felt happy, and even went to the extent off trying to bowl Singe over. He flopped onto his side and we all piled on top of him. Fox pile, I suppose. Of course, my happiness wasn't going to last long. Suddenly, a caw from above us made us break apart and glance up. A hawk was shooting downward, towards me! I yelped and spun on my back paws, bolting away. I heard barks and yelps, of pain and defiance.

No Matter What Happens, A Fox Will Try To Survive
I ran away from my siblings, I ran from their desperate cries, and I ran away from the hawk. I ran until I had to collapse to the ground and pant. Where was I? I felt a wrenching pain when I realized I was alone. Had we all scattered? Was Ash dead? Frosty? Singe? I looked back. Trees obscured my vision. I had ran across the stream and into the trees, and now I didn't know where I was. Should I go back? No. It would be too dangerous. I closed my eyes and whimpered, curling into a small, white ball. I fell asleep soon after, and when I awoke, I heard snuffling nearby. A Bear? I didn't wait and see, just ran away, like I had with the hawk. I was alone now, and I wasn't going to get killed. I would find Frosty. I would find Singe. I would find Ash. Even if it was just a tell-tell scent or tuft of fur. I lifted my head to gaze at the sky. The sun hung low in the west. It would set in a couple of hours. And I would sleep my night alone. I lowered my gaze and cast my eyes about the forest, searching for some sign of food. I spotted another berry bush and padded towards it, eating the berries that were left on the thin branches. I riggled beneath the leaves and curled against the small trunk, staring out into the lengthening shadows of the forest. I closed my eyes once more and relaxed my muscles.
A sharp bark awoke me, and the rustling of leaves and growling made me jump up. A male coyote was sliding beneath the bush, towards me, teeth bared. I yelped and scrambled up, turning about and running out from under the bush. The coyote didn't follow, just sat back on his russet haunches and bayed a warning. I must have strayed into his territory. Did coyotes even have territories? I didn't know, but that coyote didn't want me to stay. I continued to run, and after a while the trees began thinning. I stared forward and burst from the forest. I rammed straight into the flank of a large fox and tumbled back onto my back. The he-fox looked down on me and growled, but didn't attack. I scrambled to my feet and slunk past him, once more bolting away when I was safely a couple feet away. I was going to spend the rest of my life running, I think.

No Matter What Happens, A Fox'll Be There For You
The next three seasons passed in a blur of running, hiding, and hunting. I was five seasons old now, over a year. I haven't forgotten Frosty, Ash, or Singe, and I'm still searching for them. I've come back to were I last saw them, that bush by the small stream. I snuffled about it for a while, and finally I found a bone. A fox bone... with Ash's smell on it. So the Hawk at killed her. I wondered where the rest of her bones had gonem and continued to search around the bush for a long time. I didn't find anything, so I decided I would just bury Ash's bone. Maybe her memory would stay safe that way... I dug a whole just wide and deep enough for her bone to fit and be covered by about an inch of dirt. After I buried her bone, I realized that I didn't want to remember my siblings. It just made me so sad, and that realization made me feel guilty. But it was true. If I met them, and they didn't remember me, I would be heart broken. If I found Frosty or Singe's bones, or both of their bones, I would be so sad. I sad down beside the stream and stared around, at the sky, at the trees, at the bush, at the ground. I stared up at the darkening sky, and an urge to give somesort of call to Frosty and Singe, and Ash's memory rushed upon me. I titled my white head back and howled, howled like I had heard wolves and Coyotes do. It was sort of a yelping, with a continual undercurrent of song. I wish that Frosty or Singe would have replied. They didn't though. No one did, and my song was left to float away into the breeze and faint memory. I sank onto my belly and stared at my reflection...

I'm running out of muse, so I'll continue later if I get comments.
SpiritQuest
Adult Bluebird

Re: A Fox's Life "The Albino Raven"

Post by SpiritQuest »

Well Said my friend I loved it!
Ill make sure you'll get comments
Summer the season of fun,Fall the season of peace,Winter the season of joy,Spring is the season that contains them all
With is your favorite?
Alone
Bluebird Chick

Post by Alone »

Thanks! I'm glad you did! :D
Thanks, SpiritQuest.
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Beautiful story, please continue it.
For science!
Alone
Bluebird Chick

Post by Alone »

Thanks!
IcyFox
Bluebird Chick

Post by IcyFox »

A very well detailed story. A beautiful one, too. Well written :) !
HELP!

HHEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!
I really want them to hatch! Please everybody, everytime you log on, click on all of them plllllz? :( DONT WANT IT TO DIE!!! :( :|
zizymala
Adult Bluebird

Post by zizymala »

Very well done!If you can keep this up you may one day be an author!(Icyfox clicked ur egg please click mine nao)
Please?PLEASE?PLEASE?!Please save them by clicking them and be there hero.
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

mm, Yes, very well done. Please, do continue :3
Image Image
Image Image
IcyFox
Bluebird Chick

Post by IcyFox »

zizymala wrote:Very well done!If you can keep this up you may one day be an author!(Icyfox clicked ur egg please click mine nao)
i did, all of them
HELP!

HHEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!
I really want them to hatch! Please everybody, everytime you log on, click on all of them plllllz? :( DONT WANT IT TO DIE!!! :( :|
Alone
Bluebird Chick

Post by Alone »

Sorry I haven't replied! Busy! Thanks for the comments. I'll add more soon!
maybellmay
Bluebird Chick

Post by maybellmay »

Wonderful story T_T
It made me sad, happy, amused and more~ it makes weo sound so deep lol.

keep at it yes? ;w;
Alone
Bluebird Chick

Post by Alone »

:) Just went for vacation, but I'll start as soon as i can!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

i love this story! :D i hope you continue it!
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.