What is Your Favorite Basic/Advanced Game Animal?

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

What is Your Favorite Basic/Advanced Game Animal?

Post by Alexander »

Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: What is Your Favorite Basic/Advanced Game Animal?

Post by Alexander »

I'll go first!

My favorite Basic Game animal? Condor!
Despite my fear of heights- I do love me some birds. Being able to fly over predators and eating meat at any age is also great I have to admit. It's also pretty fast when you've reached your prime in age and I've always loved helping players out as a strong, supportive condor.

I almost chose the Red Fox, however I find them a tad bit slower and sometimes I just want a pretty fast, easy-to-use animal. Foxes are amazing, they're always a great choice if you wish to connect with other users because it's just about the most popular animal of use but sometimes, when you're the condor of the group, you can be such an amazing helper. There's something about this bird that really makes me just absolutely love them.

My favorite Advanced Game animal? Bear!
I've always done this weird thing about being a bear. I've attempted to be a "vegetarian" bear where I'd just eat grass all day and be happy with that. I especially love creating a bear cave in a nice spot and attract a couple of players to come together and we can all take care of each other's babies. Doesn't matter if you got blue bird eggs coming your way, some fox kits, condor chicks, some snake hatchlings, everyone was invited! Sometimes drama spread, I do admit, but most of the time it was very fun and it always offered a very lovely community gathering.

It's also great when an intruder (NPC) strolls on in and you, as the big ol' fatherly bear, run and chase after the fool. I'd be more or less the caretaker, and then claim I'm vegetarian so no one would fear my intentions of allowing crowds of babies in. And it was true- I always took care of the babies, cleaned them up, restored the nest, spoiled them with tons of food, etc. Made lots of friends. Other players made friends of their own too. It was always a pretty healthy experience.

TL;DR: Bears in general are amazing as always. You can eat, well, just about everything. You can hibernate which is another plus if you want to take extra time to AFK and get to your prime age. You're powerful and a bit tanky which has always been my dream. Why do you think my favorite Pokemon is Metagross? Same concept.

I almost wanted to say Buffalo but I just like them because I can be super lazy and have all this Health in my gut. My biggest drawback is that I cannot enter any dens, so whenever I played with friends as a buffalo I had to stay outside and feel like a third wheel of sorts. But at least I could kick and chase wolves and coyotes away from the den.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Basic Animal:
Birds, I love the birds, my favorite one is the bluebird, because it’s very simple and easy to play as, I play as a bluebird a lot, because you don’t really have to do much, just eat and drink, their mating season is practically 'year’-round, so I don’t need to have babies right away, say if it was Spring, and I didn’t want chicks just then, I could wait until Summer. I also find them to be one of the most beautiful animals.

I almost chose the fox because well, sometimes it’s more fun to be a land animal, and mostly when your friends are playing as one, but it’s also harder to play as a land animal, you can’t get away from your predators easily. Which I find to be harder, but also more challenging, and sometimes challenge is fun, but I also chose bluebird over fox because their mating season is year-round while the foxes’ is only in Winter, so if you miss that Winter, you don’t have a chance until next Winter unless you enter another world.

Advanced animal:
I’m going to choose goat, for this one. Because, when your a goat, you can still fit into the bear dens! (Which makes me happy, because like Alexander said we all used to do this thing where we all got in one den and helped with each other’s babies, I miss that..) So I could still play as a herd animal (like an elk) but still be able to be with my friends, which is a huge plus for me.

I almost chose Coyote, because I love the pack feature, and because they have only 2 pups, unlike 4 like the wolves (usually) have, and I find it easier (and less annoying) to take care of 2 babies. But, then I realized I loved the goat more, because even though the pack feature is cool, the herd feature is unique, you just join in, instead of having to be invited, plus, I love how it’s so safe in a herd, they are always protecting you. ;)

Hope I made sense... I went off on a few rabbit trails.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I just created a new poll for fun! Select all your favorite animals of WEO! It can be just one, all of them, any combination you like!

Love your answers Hoopyscoop! I love goats myself, especially since you can climb over any hills and run around quite freely. I also absolutely love coyotes, probably more than wolves. And oh boy do I miss having the larger group with all these babies in one cave and taking care of all these babies and having a blast with it.
Runite
Bluebird Chick

Post by Runite »

My favorite Basic Animals are:

Condor
I enjoy the Condor because like Alexander said
Alexander wrote: Being able to fly over predators and eating meat at any age is also great I have to admit.
It's easy to play, Very fun when you attack Elk/Bison babies and run away watching as the parents try desperately to get you. ( Mwhaha )

Red Fox
I just recently got into the Red Fox with the explosion of new players joining. I have to admit a Pack of Foxes is pretty fun especially when you can take down fully grown Elk and Bobcats!

King Snake
King Snake being my all time favorite. Raiding Mouse/Rabbit and Bird families for the Off-Spring then running away to your nest and eating them. Hunting down Rattle Snakes and killing them on sight ( Sometimes a long battle ). Chasing same Gender King Snakes far away from your nest sometimes resulting in adrenaline pumping battle-action.

Can't comment on Advanced Game Animals.