A Mouse Story

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

A Mouse Story

Post by NatureHeart »

This is the story of my life. It is a sad story, and should be taken to heart. This was my life, and I cherished it so, until that last day/. Nothing could make me forget that day. The day that I- oh. I guess I must tell you the whole story. Very well, then.

I was the last born. My siblings were much faster, much more agile, much bigger. I was treated as that of a bobcat to the mental animals, that talked to their natural enemies like there was no food chain. My mother was never really a caring mouse. She would always nurse us, then leave to eat. Then come back to nurse us. My father was always over-protective, and never let any of us leave the den. I had learned my lesson the hard way.

Once Mother had stopped nursing us, and the straw had already been devoured, I was starving. By the time I could eat straw, it was already halfway gone. Mother never brought back food, like father did. She disappeared after she had forced me to stop drinking her warm, sweet milk. Anyway, I had to eat something. I slowly crawled up to the entrance of the hole. It was much brighter up here, and warmer, too. I slowly inched out of the hole, my stomach growling for food. The sky was blue and only small, puffy clouds floated gracefully through the sky. A bee buzzed past me heading to some pink flowers. Suddenly everything got dark. I looked to the sky, to make sure the sun was still hovering, but it wasn't. A large cloud was blocking it. It was black, with white tips on the sides. Suddenly, I realized this wasn't a cloud. It was a condor, just as father had told me about. It's eyes were black as night, but twinkled like the stars that lay in it. It's feathers swayed in the wind, probably howling silently in pleasure as the wind blew on them. It gracefully glided through the air, not even wincing at me. It must not have seen, me, but i surely saw it. I would remember that moment forever.

My stomach growled impatiently, begging for food. Right. Food. Just outside the den were fresh seeds on a blade of grass. I was too small for many things too see, so I was supposedly safe. I quickly scurried up to the blade of grass, wondering how I was every going to get the seeds down. I started taking my fore-paws and shaking the blade, but the didn't do hardly anything. I tried climbing, but I never got higher than and inch. Finally, I got to the point where I was just going to eat the stalk. I started gnawing on the stem, getting just some bitter juice. Finally, the stalk started to sway. A gust of wind blew, and the grass tumbled over onto the ground. It was a bit dusty for a while, but then, I saw the seeds! I hurried to them, and started to chew them greedily. My first time getting my own food. It was a great experience, and taught me well. The seeds that I collected were enough for now, so I headed back towards the hole. Suddenly, my father, Redleaf, emerged from the hole. He was surprised to see me out here, as I was to see him.
"Sierra?" he asked, astonished I was out here.
"Sierra! I have told you to never leave the hole!" He started coming towards me. His eyes were fierce and irate. His nails looked sharper than ever and his tail flicked in disbelief that I had disobeyed him.
"I- I am sorry, Father!" I begged for forgiveness. "I- I'll never do it again!"
"Was I not clear?" His words were furious, his lips dancing with the harmful words that could only lead to punishment.
"Yes, Father! Please, don't-"
"Do you need another lesson?" His tail flicked. He seemed to want to harm me. I could tell an invisible smirk was upon his face, and I wanted nothing to do with it.
"No! Please, Father, listen to-" I was cut off once again by his threats. I started to back away, but he was advancing faster.
"You need to learn.." he informed me, then attacked with a swipe. Astonishingly, he missed. I whipped my body around and dashed away as far and fast as I could. I ran past a rabbit that was taking a stroll. I zoomed past a sleeping rattler, lucky he wasn't awake. I came to a waterfall. I was surrounded by something. No doubt in my mind it was my father. I had to jump. It seemed a long way down. At least 2 feet. Okay, I was going to do it. I leaped off the cliff, but I didn't go down. I was going up! A hawk was carrying me. I screamed and kicked and pleaded for him to release me, but it had no effect. I was helpless. At least I could enjoy the last meaningful moments of my life seeing all that was of the land of Web Earth Online. We sped over the Twin Rivers. Glided over the Triple Hills. We flew over Stepping Stones Crossing. We Made a sharp turn at Windy Cliffs. Then finally, we landed at the Falls. The hawk descended into a large, dark cave.
"I got one!" it screeched. Around a corner I could see two foxes, a wolf, a bear and a coyote.
"Good," the wolf said, with an evil hint in his tone.
The foxes snickered and the bear just chuckled, while the coyote didn't show any expression. The hawk still had a firm hold on me, with his talons gripping me well.
"Let go of it in 3, 2 1," the wolf prepared to lunge. The foxes crouched, ready to pounce. The bear spread his paws apart like he was to throw himself at something. The coyote hesitated, but eventually got in position as the others.
"Now!!"
I was released. The foxes stumbled over each other, and angrily started arguing. The bear charged at me, but missed me and ran into a wall. I was sprinting around frantically, trying to dodge all these attacks and escape. The wolf pounced, and just missed me because I slipped and slid so that my tail faced farthest away from his face. Finally, the coyote lunged. Her swift paws and strong jaws snatched me up quick.
"Good job, Flower." he praised her. His words were proud of his friend, but by the looks of Flower's face, she wasn't too proud. The foxes were still arguing over me and the bear was unconscious. The hawk praised her as well.
"Cool! Now what are you going to do with it?"
The coyote glanced down at me. I could tell what she was thinking. I wasn't going to be made a meal any time soon.
"I guess just keep it..." she said, just above a whisper.
The rest of the mental animals just stared, until the wolf broke the silence. "You mean, wait until it is old enough to breed, then use the children for food?"
Flower stared down at her feet, "No.."
The wolf spazzed out. He ran right up to Flower and tried to take me from her jaws. She thought fast, and dodged his attack fully.
"Give the mouse, Flower!" he growled. His teeth were bared, and they shined like the pears in the sea. Father said he stole a pearl from a human, and that it glittered like a star. He showed it to me, when I was young, but the next day he said that it was snatched by a snake. He was devastated, and didn't say a word for weeks.
The wold lunged at her when the coyote tried to flee. He landed just behind her heels, but didn't stop there. He leaped again, and bit her in the hindquarters. She let out a yelp of pain and sent me flying as her jaw released me in mid-air. One of the foxes leaped into the air, and caught me in his jaws, but I wasn't there for long.
"Let me have it!" the other fox whined, leaping into the air and crashing into the other fox. Once again I was in the air. The cycle wouldn't stop. It was like a trampoline, but a deadly one. A trampoline balancing 800 feet up. Every time I wen't up, the balance shifted, and started to fall. It would only be a matter of time before it slipped, or I could jump to a nearby rock and escape.
This time, I was caught by the hawk. Out of the corner of my bog, brown eyes I saw Flower, staring at the hawk.
"Blizzard," she howled, "Let me have it!"
The wolf gave a mighty swipe to the muzzle, then barked to my carrier. "Do not let that fleabag have perfectly good meat!"
The hawk seemed torn. It seemed he wanted to take side to his friend, but didn't want to risk a banishment as well. I could see it in his pitch black orbs. They seemed to reflect the dim light of the cave, and also to reflect his feelings. He just couldn't decide. At last he made his decision. He looked to the wolf, then to Flower. Finally, he dropped me. He just, released me from his talons. And so again, I was in the air. This time everyone was after me-- except Blizzard. He was nowhere to be seen. He had probably fled, and gone out to Bluebird Forest to sort himself out.
Then I was knocked back into reality from my thoughts. The foxes collided yet again, and soon it was just Flower and the wolf. The wolf's eyes were locked onto me. But he was soon snapped out, for Flower had swung her nimble paws and hit him right in the jaw. He flew out of control, and was soon sprawled out on the ground. He wasn't bleeding, or unconscious. Probably just shocked.
Flower wasted no time getting out of there. And man, she could run. She ran past Bluebird Forest like nobody's business. She dashed right over to the Twin Rivers and- whoosh! She leaped right over the first one. Then whoosh! Again, she jumped over the river. The grass was flying by under out feet, and the insects had nothing on us!
Finally, we slowed down 'round about Windy Moors. The slinky canine trotted right up to a hole and crawled down into it. It was early summer, and the heat that came around noon confirmed my thoughts. It was nice to be in a cool little home again. Finally, I was safely on my feet again. I turned around to look at her, but she wasn't happy. She had a forced smile on her face. Like one of a mother who was trying to cheer up a child who was destined to die. But it wasn't because I was to die. It was because she knew she would be hunted down. I knew as well, but it was me who should worry. I would be their revenge. I would die just to punish her. I had to make sure that never happened. For both of our sake.
"Happy second birthday, Skittles!"
The hole was neatly decorated and the scent of grass seeds, flowers, and freshly cut straw filled the area. Flower had brought in a cake with all of these things in it. Well, it was just seeds, straw and flowers bundles together. But today was a special day. It was my second year being a free mouse! My second year since Flower found me. My second year since I had any worries! And it was mine!
"Come on, Skittles, make a wish!" Flower encouraged me. Yes, Skittles was the name she gave me. A little weird, but at least it was given to me by her!
I squeezed my eyes shut and made a wish. I wished- oh. I shouldn't tell or else it won't come true. Anyways, I made a wish, then I dug into the "cake." Flower had her own little pile of meat and bones. We ate like the ladies we were. *Tries to keep from bursting out laughing* Oh all right! You got me! We were eating like pigs!
There was food flying everywhere!
We made so much ruckus, a condor a wolf pup came in to see if everything was alright. They didn't stay long. Probably because they thought were a bit loco. That's rattler for "crazy," if you don't speak rattle snake. Anyway, we were having fun. Even though she couldn't speak mouse, we still had a heck of a time. She took me for a walk outside, but stayed clear of any other animals. I don't think she wanted to risk anything.
The walk was nice. We saw a bunch of bees on the flowers by a stream. Ants were all over them too. Not to mention the bluebirds. They were happy! They probably hadn't had a meal like that in ages. When we moved on, it was mostly quiet. The occasion bluebird would chirp, or hawk would screech, but otherwise quiet. The temperature was great, for summer anyways. 75 degrees! That was the coolest it had been for a while. Fall was probably on it's way. I was ready for a temperature change. It got so hot, I couldn't take it any longer.
When we returned to the den, I was half asleep on her scruff. The heat mixed with the silence of WEO had been to much for me. We must've been out at least an hour before reaching home. A day out was enough to tire me enough so I couldn't even run if my life depended on it. Flower slowly walked into the den, making much effort to keep silent. My relaxed state quickly turned to panic as a horrified echo of a yelp bounced along the walls and I was once again awake. A high-pitched screech almost deafened me, and talons gripped me with a strong feeling of hatred and revenge. I knew that this couldn't be good.
So if it wasn't my old friends. The hawk, the wolf, and the foxes. The bear was blocking the exit. As I continued to scan the area, I found Flower pinned by the two idiot foxes.
"What do you want!?" The coyote snarled, full of fury.
The wolf chuckled at her with an evil smirk on his face. "You know what I want, traitor."
Flower's snarl disappeared as she faced me, now scared. Her eyes truly showed it, and now her tongue confirmed it as she growled with a cracked voice, "What- what are you going to do?"
The wolf looked at blizzard and nodded. The hawk smirked and flew directly over him, grasping me very tightly, almost enough to crush me. So I hovered about 3 feet above his head. The wolf raised his head to howl, but his jaws opened and nothing came out. Then I got it. I was supposed to be food. Food of revenge. A food that all those of WEO seek, if they had never had a taste before. I was sweet, as they said before. Sweet revenge.
The hawk wiggled me slightly, before letting go completely. I fell through the air, frightened, yet silent. My mouth was opened, but no sound could come. There was no point. I was already doomed. So I fell. In between his jaws. Right as I passed his molar teeth, his teeth snapped back into place, and from then on I knew it was over. Everything was dark, and a stinging sensation surrounded me. The acids burned my flesh, and if there was light I was sure I would see bone.
Finally, I could see a light. I ran over to it, eager to get out. Then I realized, that this was the light of heaven. I was to be carried upward. I hesitantly stepped in, and once the tip of my hairless tail was in the light, I started to rise. I rose out of the stomach of the beast. As I rose, I could see Flower. Alone on the floor weeping. I was the perfect punishment. The one that ruined her life. I called out to her, "Please, never forget me.."
And here I am. In heaven with my family. My father, he has accepted he did wrong that day, and my mother loves me with all of her heart. My siblings play with me, and treat me as an equal. I am finally where I want to be. I am in my world. I will see Flower again soon. I will have a perfect life. That's my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There it is! Finally! Man... My fingers hurt again! xP I took a lot longer than I expected. Probably I forgot I even was working on this! xD Well, I hope you enjoy!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: A Mouse Story

Post by Foxesrule »

I loved it! I also liked reading about SKittles being eaten...Don't ask.. xD
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: A Mouse Story

Post by NatureHeart »

O_O Well, okay. x3 Glad you like it! I really don't know my favorite part. I may not do another story for a while! xP
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥