The next animal to be in webearth?

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

W0lfeyez
Bluebird Chick

Re: The next animal to be in webearth?

Post by W0lfeyez »

I'm craving bats or squirrels as playable basic animals!!! I LOVE them!!! (Maybe beavers for basic)

Stormy251
Bluebird Chick

Post by Stormy251 »

Oh, beavers would be cool. >.<
Ingame name: Hoody (I wuv CreepyPasta :3)
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

No nonono..

Rats. And Bats. And Squirrels. Maybe beavers. Raccoons and Badgers would be awesome. :3
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I would like to see the rat as a "better" mouse (kind of like blue birds and cardinals) where it requires more points to be a rat than the mouse.
I'm still loving the idea of the Virginia Opossum though.

I would love to be a beaver just so I can build my own dam! It would be very interesting and fun to play one out. Who wouldn't love to act like you're having a tea party in one of those homes.

Squirrels would be great. Another juicy prey (heheh) and also another fun thing to play as well. Although I think I'd be as forgetful as squirrels in real life when it comes to where I buried my nuts. That would be rather problematic. I can also kind of see the flying squirrel being of good use. Maybe it can climb a tree the same way as king snakes and then glide around a few squares.

Bats would obviously be really fun but I think WEO would need to implement a day/night cycle for me to really want bats in the first place. Cycle first, bats next.

Raccoons would be awesome for me, I love them and they're quite intelligent. (: I would probably be one all the time.

I do love badgers but the ones in America aren't as appealing to me. I'll probably just deal with it though, sigh.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Yeah, being a beaver would be fun. :3 Maybe the dam could be like a nest, but you can go on it? Wait, 'chopping' down trees...Heh heh...

The rat would look different, be bigger, stronger and be able to make a special 'rat hole' (Hopefully.) which is a small hole but with two places to make nests. They'd live in groups like real rats?

Bats would be the hardest coding wise.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Rats would probably be bigger with an good amount of more health. I would like to see Groups, both NPC-wise where you can be accepted into the family maybe if you're born into it and create a whole family started by real players. Now that would be something special.

For beavers cutting down trees, I would feel bad for anyone who might be occupying a nest in any of them. Unless they aren't really targeted.

Baaaaaaats. Those would be too cool to have.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Stormy251
Bluebird Chick

Post by Stormy251 »

Oh, Foxes, You are so right >.<
But what would the rat hole look like..? -Strokes beard-
Ingame name: Hoody (I wuv CreepyPasta :3)
WildLife
Baby Mouse
Location: Wherever mah wolfy takes meh. Maybe to Burger king :D

Post by WildLife »

Maybe like a mouse hole, but like foxes said, with two places to make nests :3
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.
I am.
CatsMeow
Bluebird Chick

Post by CatsMeow »

*awkward cough*

I'm now entering this conversation... by awkwardly coughing.

ANYWAY, I'm back from the dead and this seemed like a fun topic to jump onto so here we go. I think perhaps turtles. Because I have a sick obsession with them. They could burrow for nests and uh, swim in the deep part of the river. Just another reptile. :)

Rats would be awesomesauce too. They are much different than mice, stronger, more intelligent (not that that matters in game), and they eat a wide variety of food. I have two of them [rats], my little darlings. But I can see a problem with rats. I think that in many ways they are also very similar (kinda contradicting what I originally said) to mice. It would be like playing a stronger version of a mouse. I don't really see the point in that, but then again, just my opinion.

BEAVERS omigawsh. A definite yes. Maybe they could add an option when on the same tile as a tree. I don't know what it would be called, something along the lines of "Eat Bark" since I looked it up an it seems as though that is the staple of a beaver's diet. To make it a bit more challenging they could only get it from certain types of trees. I can see challenges with beavers removing trees from the map though, and instead of "chopping down trees" they could collect or gather sticks and wood? This might make it less fun but hey, you can still build a dam!

AND bats. Who wouldn't want to add the only flying mammal to the game? I don't really see any trouble with the bat thing except I want to bring up the point Alexander made about the day and night cycles. I'm not really sure how this would affect game play... I also wanted to say that even without day and night cycle WBEO added many nocturnal (bob cats, and maybe even wolves? Also perhaps snakes), diurnal (anything that loves the sun!), and crepuscular (bunnies! and maybe mice, not sure) animals without any problem. But, with or without day and night cycles, bats would be a pretty awesome addition. They could eat all those peculiar bugs I see wandering about the map. Even fire ants.

Okay now that I have finished that huge first non-introduction post... you may continue.
Crescent
Bluebird Chick

Post by Crescent »

Oh man. Somebody please make bats in this game! The one game that is like crazy fun and you can't be a bat! My favourite animal! Come on! They are the only flying mammals in the world! How cool would that be? Come on people, pleaaaseee add bats? :D
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Some type of deer. Like a red deer, fallow deer, etc. (I don't know which type of deer live in America, so I just named the ones that sprang to mind.)
Pumas (cougars, also known as mountain lions, as well as many other names.)
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:Some type of deer. Like a red deer, fallow deer, etc. (I don't know which type of deer live in America, so I just named the ones that sprang to mind.)
Pumas (cougars, also known as mountain lions, as well as many other names.)

I would love to see the game add more deer as well. Since I live in America I know what kind of deer live here. There's white tailed deer, Moose, Elk, and also caribou but only in the American artic of Alaska and Canada.

I also think it would be cool to see bald eagles added. Would be similar to the hawk except for its looks and would eat mostly fish. The edible fish could work similarly to the insects that appear in the game seasonally for bluebirds and cardinals. In the spring and summer it would be rainbow trout working the same way as the beetles and cicadas, In the summer and fall it could be sockeye salmon, and in the winter it could be brown trout. Along with these being edible to bald eagles it can used for bears. It is known that a majority of the fat bears gain before winter hibernation comes from salmon runs in late summer and autumn.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Crescent
Bluebird Chick

Post by Crescent »

I really hope Webearth adds another animal. It's about time we get more!
Gemini
Adult Bluebird

Post by Gemini »

Crescent wrote:I really hope Webearth adds another animal. It's about time we get more!
That would be awesome... :) but just imagine the amount of work it could take to make new sprites and code them into a game.. which already has so many other things running to affect that certain script
Crescent
Bluebird Chick

Post by Crescent »

Yes, it sounds difficult. But I wonder if I could donate some money if they add bats.