The Little White Fox (Kind of a WEO story)

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

Crimson
Bluebird Chick

The Little White Fox (Kind of a WEO story)

Post by Crimson »

Please note, this isn't based off real events in any way. I'm just making it up as I go. It's technically still part of WEO, though, considering it takes place in the WEO universe.
---
Prologue
The litter of fox pups huddled together in a fluffy ball of orange and white. Their elderly mother, Polaris, poked her snow-white head into the burrow, and her thickly-furred body soon followed. The pups let out several joyful yips to see her return. She dropped the body of a mouse born the previous spring, and lay down beside them. “Mommy, tell us a story!” One tiny vixen called out, scampering up to her mother. A chorus of young voices chimed in. “Alright, alright, settle down,” She said. “I’ll tell you a story.” Polaris nudged her jovial daughter back with her littermates. “I’ll tell you a story from long ago, about a little fox pup not unlike you…”

Chapter One- Not Quite Alone
Aniu blinked open her ruby-red eyes sleepily. She sniffed the air, excepting the scent of fresh straw and her vulpine kin. Instead, she was met with a confusing blend of everything she didn’t recognize. A warm spring wind ruffled her snow-white fur, and she looked around to see where it had come from. She’d never seen the world beyond her home; all she knew of it was the howling sound the wind made sometimes. Suddenly, a passing hawk shrieked and she jumped in terror. She scurried up against a nearby pine as it landed, talons out-stretched, a few feet from her and dug its deadly claws into a young rabbit. The hare quickly fell still, and she watched and waited for the russet bird to eat its meal and leave. It soon did, and she crept up to the leftovers from its meal in curiosity. She sniffed the fresh meat, wincing at the sharp smell of blood, and took an experimental bite. And another. And another. She only now realized how hungry she was. She devoured the rest of it happily, and contently curled up in the shade of the pine tree.
“Well, what have we here?”
A voice startled her, and she spun around to the source. A red fox was standing nearby, eyeing her with some curiosity. She would have squealed, if she could. She attempted to run off, and hide in a nearby burrow. It seemed she would have no such luck, though; the vixen got ahead of her in a few bounds and blocked her path. “Don’t be afraid, little pup, I won’t hurt you.” Aniu pinned back her ears and bared her tiny fangs. The vixen just chuckled, and suddenly she was lifted up into the air. The terrified fox kit squirmed, but she soon gave up. She thought she was going to be carried off and eaten. That was what her mother had told her happened to pups who left the burrow too soon, at least.
She prayed very hard that it wasn't true.
Last edited by Crimson on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: The Little White Fox (Kind of a WEO story)

Post by hoopyscoop »

Beautiful writing, I'd love to see more done. :)
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Crimson
Bluebird Chick

Re: The Little White Fox (Kind of a WEO story)

Post by Crimson »

Thanks. Chapter One is almost done, it should be up soon.
EDIT: Chapter One is up. Yay?